Thread: How To Load .22 Rifle?

How To Load .22 Rifle?

I have a .22 lever-action rifle (it's my dad's actually) and I have no clue how to load it. I know it holds 15 rounds but I can only successfully load 1 round and I don't even do that well.
    "My pride in my country is inversely proportional to Michelle Obama's pride in her country."
    - Me

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it's just like this rifle if you need a reference:

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/Henry/h...eraction22.asp
    "My pride in my country is inversely proportional to Michelle Obama's pride in her country."
    - Me

Yep bottom feed. My Dads Marlin 1860 is just like it. Pull out the guid rod just under the barrel (unscrews) and pull out that rod until you can load the shells rear first into the tube mag. Close and twist.

Some of them if you turn the knob at the end of the bottom tube there is a bullet shaped hole to insert the bullets until the magazine is full. That's how my semi-auto loads.

Quote Originally Posted by TastyWheat View Post
    I have a .22 lever-action rifle (it's my dad's actually) and I have no clue how to load it. I know it holds 15 rounds but I can only successfully load 1 round and I don't even do that well.
    I never own a lever .22, but I have other lever actions.
    the rod under the barrel probably holds the rounds. does the end unscrew?
    try removing the end cap, pull it out, spring should be attached. there should be an opening for the rounds to fit only one direction. im guessing 15 to 19 rounds will fit, depending if long or short.
    "Some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"
    BobBarrForums.com
    BobBarr2008.com

If you are that unfamiliar with the weapon or rifles in general why are you even messing with it? Put the gun down, go find someone who knows what they are doing and let them show you!
    "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend with my life your right to say it!"

I found it, the rod feed, I haven't used it since I was about 12, but it used to be my favorite.
    - Me

since you know how to load it....

1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded

2. Never, EVER, point the muzzle at anything you aren't willing to destroy

3. Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.

4. Know your target and what is beyond it. "I didn't know" or "I thought" doesn't cut it. If you are shooting it is your responsibility to absolutely identify what you are shooting and what (houses, people, livestock, cars) is beyond.

Seriously if you are a bit rusty on your shooting, go shooting with a friend.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt, the mobs should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106 BC-43 BC

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is always one important consideration when shooting... SAFETY...

BECAUSE EVERY BULLET HAS A LAWYER'S NAME ATTACHED TO IT!
    Last edited by rwbris18; 09-30-2008 at 06:24 AM.
    Teach Them Correct Principles... Then Let Them Govern Themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton1049 View Post
    If you are that unfamiliar with the weapon or rifles in general why are you even messing with it? Put the gun down, go find someone who knows what they are doing and let them show you!

Post of the Day!
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul