Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: I'm starting the 3-day Apple Cleanse this Wednesday (3/12). Want to join me?

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    damn i wish i could try that. i think ill try some buttered toast.. im hungry for taste... i had an ear of corn on the cob from chilis yesterday.. it was good but i had to eat it slowly to taste it... if youve never tried their corn on the cob.. i highly recommend it... i dont know how they make it but the taste is awesome
    I haven't tried their corn! I really love Jeff Smith's Fried Corn w/ Green Chile (The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American). I make it often. Super fast and easy, and so delish.

(Southwest Indians) SERVES 4-5

3 c Fresh corn off the cob or frozen kernels; defrosted
    1/2 c Yellow onion; diced
    3 tb Butter or olive oil
    1 cn (4-oz) diced green chiles
    Salt & pepper to taste

Directions

This is very quick and offers a most unusual combination of American flavors. You need not just serve this with Mexican dinners, as it will go well with many main courses.

In a large frying pan saute the corn and onions in the butter until tender. Add the chiles and check for salt and pepper.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You might want to keep a journal while you do this, so this way you can look back and see what you were craving. It might be a good indication that your body is deficient in some vitamins and minerals.

Use cinnamon and some nutmeg to help you get through it.

Also some water with a splash of Raw Unfiltered Apple cider vinegar with MOTHER may help too.

I plan to do this next week, it is too hectic for me this week.

Best wishes to all you all.
    Thanks, hon! That is a good idea. I think I posted my cravings here. I should check. I do recall craving eggs benedict real bad and it never passed so I made it when I was done, and then another time all I could think about was fish and chips but that one passed! Your suggestions have helped me make it through every time. The spices, the salt, the vinegar all help.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My kids asked what I was making for dinner and I told them there was salad in the fridge but I was just having an apple. What did they do? They decided to fry up a bunch of bacon for their salad. Four pounds of bacon. It smells good but I'm not a pussy. Man up, Lucille!!! If I can resist bacon, you can resist some buttered toast.
    He made bacon too but that toast about killed me! LOL

I've had two cups of coffee, and three apples so far. It's going well, and happy to be doing it! How is it going for you?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I've had two cups of coffee, and three apples so far. It's going well, and happy to be doing it! How is it going for you?
    Two apples, a pot of coffee, and a ton of water. I've got a few apples in the oven for dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Chester Copperpot

You are the first person I've ever heard of who has never had corn on the cob.
    Well, you can shuck the corn and boil it or you can grill it in the husk - my favorite way. Super easy.
    Im talking specifically about the corn on the cob made by the restaurant chain Chili's. If course Ive had corn on the cob and shucked... My grandpa franklin was a farmer after all

Im talking specifically about the corn on the cob made by the restaurant chain Chili's. If course Ive had corn on the cob and shucked... My grandpa franklin was a farmer after all
    Ahhh...I like the Southwest Egg rolls at Chilis.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I had a baked apple and a raw apple for dinner and made applesauce for breakfast. I'm planning on drying some apple slices in my oven tomorrow and having apple chips for dinner.

I had a baked apple and a raw apple for dinner and made applesauce for breakfast. I'm planning on drying some apple slices in my oven tomorrow and having apple chips for dinner.
    I am dehydrating apple slices right now and the apple peels and core are fermenting in a gallon jar for apple cider vinegar.

The smell of apples with cinnamon dehydrating is permeating around the house--smells great!
    Last edited by donnay; 10-18-2016 at 10:20 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Um, you're just going to lower your metabolism even more which will make you gain weight easier when you start eating again and then you'll get all upset which will make you want to fast again and the whole process will repeat itself.

Down another pound this morning and I started my period. I usually gain a few pounds when I start my period (bloat) and I still feel bloated but I'm almost back to my fighting weight.

I don't know what ferrari's problem is, we're just going fruititarian for three days.o_O

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't know what ferrari's problem is,
    He's just trying to help.......

Got your best interest at heart.......

You don't mind a bit of self aggrandizing in the process do you?

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Um, you're just going to lower your metabolism even more which will make you gain weight easier when you start eating again and then you'll get all upset which will make you want to fast again and the whole process will repeat itself.

the mummy strikes

Day one for me - Starting my day with black coffee - but I hit it with the immersion blender anyway.. it makes froth even on black coffee. I don't generally eat breakfast so this is close to normal. My morning coffee is usually bulletproof but blended is fine. The apples will begin later.

Donnay, the peels and core thing.. just peels and core? Water? ratio please? I've been looking for organic apple cider to start this years vinegar and even the organic around here has polysorbate 80 in it.. if I recall, that ingredient prevented fermentation a couple years ago.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Shrimp/pasta salad tonight with no apples..........

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Day one for me - Starting my day with black coffee - but I hit it with the immersion blender anyway.. it makes froth even on black coffee. I don't generally eat breakfast so this is close to normal. My morning coffee is usually bulletproof but blended is fine. The apples will begin later.

Donnay, the peels and core thing.. just peels and core? Water? ratio please? I've been looking for organic apple cider to start this years vinegar and even the organic around here has polysorbate 80 in it.. if I recall, that ingredient prevented fermentation a couple years ago.
    All apple scrapes--18 apples peels and cores. In a gallon jug, I put a quarter of a cup of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar at the bottom as a starter. I fill the gallon jar with apple peels (ones that have not been sprayed with pesticides) and cores. I fill the jar with purified water up to the neck, add 3 tsps. of raw organic cane sugar. With a wooden spoon (No metal because you do want it to react to the metal) I stir it. I put a porous cover over, I used a paper towel with a rubberband to hold it. Place it on your counter and once or twice that first week stir it. In two weeks you can strain it and bottle it--now you have your raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with MOTHER. Mine should be ready October 30th.

ETA: Just make sure that the apple scraps stay under the water, so you don't get mold. If need be, add more water.

Last edited by donnay; 10-19-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

*copies, pastes into notepad.. saves* ty

so far.. not terribly hungry - just feeling like a nap would hit the spot
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I've had five apples today so far, and will probably have a few more before the night's over. I've had no more cravings. It was hard this morning but it got easier as the day went on.

Probably because I decided to do just two days! I feel good, the bloat is gone, and my skin and hair look great so I know I detoxed. I think I'll try to do a two-day cleanse once a month.

So I take my oil tonight, and eat in the morning! Wasn't it you, @opal, who used coconut oil? I might mix some in the olive oil to help it go down.

Hope it's going well for you guys!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I've had five apples today so far, and will probably have a few more before the night's over. I've had no more cravings. It was hard this morning but it got easier as the day went on.

Probably because I decided to do just two days! I feel good, the bloat is gone, and my skin and hair look great so I know I detoxed. I think I'll try to do a two-day cleanse once a month.

So I take my oil tonight, and eat in the morning! Wasn't it you, @opal, who used coconut oil? I might mix some in the olive oil to help it go down.

Hope it's going well for you guys!
    yep... I did use coconut oil.. really cold and treated it like a melting chocolate hunk.
    I'm at the end of day 1 now and I'm a little queezy.. contemplating charcoal

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yep... I did use coconut oil.. really cold and treated it like a melting chocolate hunk.
    I'm at the end of day 1 now and I'm a little queezy.. contemplating charcoal
    You may be dehydrated? Drink plenty of water.

I'm done after I eat this apple for brunch. I got an invite to go out tonight and I ain't gonna decline a good time because I'm eating apples.

I'm done after I eat this apple for brunch. I got an invite to go out tonight and I ain't gonna decline a good time because I'm eating apples.
    Two days is enough. Take your oil though! I just used olive oil, and took about 6T, one T at a time. It was easier that way. I've about puked when I've tried to drink it.

--Albert J. Nock

Chester Copperpot

Two days is enough. Take your oil though! I just used olive oil, and took about 6T, one T at a time. It was easier that way. I've about puked when I've tried to drink it.

6 tablespoons????

6 tablespoons????
    It's supposed to be 1/2 C! Can you imagine trying to guzzle 1/2 C of oil?!

6Ts is a little over 1/3 C. Taking it by the tablespoon helps a lot.
    --Albert J. Nock

Dunno, I like olive oil. I think I could sip 1/3 cup of good olive oil no problem. shots at the very least are no biggie.

Chester Copperpot

its been many years since Ive studied it.. more than a couple decades.... but my recollection from the Cayce readings were that only one person was prescribed a 1/2 cup of oil after the diet, most people were told 1-2 Tablespoons so that became the normal amount used...

its been many years since Ive studied it.. more than a couple decades.... but my recollection from the Cayce readings were that only one person was prescribed a 1/2 cup of oil after the diet, most people were told 1-2 Tablespoons so that became the normal amount used...
    A.R.E. compiled some readings here. He's all over the place! Like you said, maybe it depends on the person.

A cleansing diet of apples was mentioned in nineteen readings. Here are some instances.

For this, then, as we find, occasionally--not too often--take the periods for the cleansing of the system with the use of the APPLE DIET; that is:

At least for three days--two days or three days--take NOTHING except APPLES--RAW APPLES! Of course, coffee may be taken if so desired, but no other foods but the raw apples. And then after the last meal of apples on the third day, or upon retiring on that evening following the last meal of apples, drink half a cup of Olive Oil.

Raw apples otherwise taken (except at such cleansing periods) are not so well for the body; though Olive Oil in small quantities taken at other periods is not so bad--is rather beneficial, as it is a food for the intestinal system by absorption as much as by activity upon the organs of the assimilating forces; but the smaller doses are the better. [Reading 543-26]

We would use first the apple diet to purify the system; that is, for three days eat nothing but apples of the Jonathan variety if possible. This includes the Delicious, which is a variety of the Jonathan. The Jonathan is usually grown farther north than the Delicious, but these are of the same variety, but eat some. You may drink coffee if you desire, but do not put milk or cream in it, especially while you are taking the apples.

At the end of the third day, the next morning take about two tablespoonsful of Olive Oil. [Reading 780-12]

Then, after that do not overgorge the system when beginning to eat again. Have rather a normal diet, but not too rich nor too highly seasoned foods.

Be active in the open, but NOT so as to overstrain the body during the period of the fast and of the apple diet. [Reading 1850-3]

Remember, treatment recommendations in the readings were given to specific individuals. They are reprinted here as excerpts, and are for informational purposes only. See complete reading for full treatment and context. Testing the efficacy for yourself requires following sound healthcare practices.
    Here's another:

"It would be well for this body, even after this, to have a three-day apple diet, even in its weakened condition we need to clear the system. For this will get rid of the tendencies for neuritic conditions in the joints of the body. Also take the Olive Oil after the three-day diet. But don't go without the apples - eat them - all you can - at least five or six apples each day. Chew them up, scrape them well. Drink plenty of water, and follow the three-day diet with the big dose of Olive Oil."
    I'll stick with my 6 T!
    --Albert J. Nock

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.cayce.com/apple_diet.htm

A "regular Apple Diet would be well for the body - but don't try to work like a horse when you are on the Apple Diet! or else we will find it will be more detrimental than helpful!" (Cayce)
    --Albert J. Nock

More Cayce quotes on fasting.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/content/th...ry-on-fasting/

...fasting... is as the Master gave: Laying aside our own concepts of how or what should be done at this period and let the Spirit guide. Get the truth of fasting! ... to be sure, overdone brings shame to self, as overindulgence in anything - but the true fasting is casting out of self that as "I would have done [replacing with] but as Thou, 0 Lord, seest fit. . ." (295-6)

Hence, as the entity may ask, what about the spiritualizing of these? This is well, but this comes through direct reactions. As has been indicated, such are healed with fasting and prayer. But what does fasting and prayer mean here?
    The supplying of those coordinations of the activities of the physical organs with the elements sufficient not only for producing the necessary forces, but for the carrying away and eliminating of the drosses that have already been created - and that find their reaction or manifestation in the depleted feeling that arises in the body forces. (3062-1)

... purifying of mind is of the mind, not of the body. For, as the Master gave, it is not that which entereth in the body, but that which cometh out that causes sin. It is what one does with the purpose, for all things are pure in themselves, and are for the sustenance of man, body, mind, and soul, and remember - these must work together ... (5401-1)

... yet this must be approached with prayer and fasting ... Not as man counts fasting - doing without food, but one that would abase himself that the Creative Force might be made manifest. This will be presented even as such is made known to those studying such phenomena, as physically called, in the process of operation.
    Q-10. Should we take this up with the Scientific Society of America?
    A-10. No! Take it up rather with God! (254-46)
    I prayed!
    --Albert J. Nock

Chester Copperpot

A.R.E. compiled some readings here. He's all over the place! Like you said, maybe it depends on the person.

Here's another:

I'll stick with my 6 T!
    im glad you posted this.. I didnt know red delicious was a variety of jonathan nor that he said 2-3 days for the diet either... I only did it for 2 days so now i feel better about that... Also I remember a key advice was to "scrape the apples well" as in eating as close to the core as possible... the more you ate towards the core the better.

so.. I failed at 3 days. There was this avocado that was going over the hill.. it called me

I forgot - that was a lie. I didn't forget, I just hate doing shots of oil. I drank a pitcher of Margaritas and ate some greasy fajitas. Does that count?

so.. I failed at 3 days. There was this avocado that was going over the hill.. it called me
    I didn't do the full three days. I would've quit for an avocado, too.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast