Thread: My crystal ball for mask mandates

My crystal ball for mask mandates

Had an interesting weekend. Went to my 50th high school reunion. Apart from seeing old friends, some who’ve i’ve Not seen for 50 years, we talked and laughed about old memories. Someone brought up the subject of practicing the “duck and cover” under your desk in case of nuclear attack. We laughed thinking about how stupid the exercise was given a nuclear bast and fallout would destroy everything for the most part. (Some of these are the same people wearing masks but hugging, touching, kissing old friends).

My prediction. Future generations will look back at the mask mandates, six foot rule, ect. with the same laughable nostalgia as we do “duck and cover”.
    Time will tell...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Someone brought up the subject of practicing the “duck and cover” under your desk in case of nuclear attack. We laughed thinking about how stupid the exercise was...
    Couple of observations:

1) Adults didn’t duck and cover, just the impressionable kids.
    2) The threat of nuclear holocaust wasn’t as easily falsifiable as the threat of the ‘rona.

The driver for duck and cover was ignorance. The driver for masks and jabs is belief.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

https://twitter.com/Moms4LibertyNH/s...95731357970434
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/Moms4LibertyNH/s...95731357970434
    That is straight-up indoctrination and child abuse!!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

My school said we would gather in the drainage pipe at the creek behind my school.

Before long there is likely to be large increases in lung cancer while smoking rates decrease due to $#@! in those masks which clearly never did any good .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post

The driver for duck and cover was ignorance. The driver for masks and jabs is belief.

Totally agree with this
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Had an interesting weekend. Went to my 50th high school reunion. Apart from seeing old friends, some who’ve i’ve Not seen for 50 years, we talked and laughed about old memories. Someone brought up the subject of practicing the “duck and cover” under your desk in case of nuclear attack. We laughed thinking about how stupid the exercise was given a nuclear bast and fallout would destroy everything for the most part. (Some of these are the same people wearing masks but hugging, touching, kissing old friends).

My prediction. Future generations will look back at the mask mandates, six foot rule, ect. with the same laughable nostalgia as we do “duck and cover”.
    Time will tell...
    Actually, what you just described already happened once. During the Spanish Flu there were mask mandates, and sure enough future generations up until 2020 looked back at those and mocked them.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Actually, what you just described already happened once. During the Spanish Flu there were mask mandates, and sure enough future generations up until 2020 looked back at those and mocked them.
    They were also proven to be pointless and unhealthy and deserving of all the ridicule that can be mustered.

a Hundred years ago.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom