Thread: Another Nation Trims Meat From Diet Advice

Another Nation Trims Meat From Diet Advice

I'm not for government's telling how their citizens should eat, but this is noteworthy none the less. These recommendations by these countries also have to do with environmental sustainability as well as health.

Dutch officials are urging less consumption of meat and fish in the country's latest round of dietary guidance.

“We focus on eating a less animal-based and more plant-based diet by the unique advice to consume not more than 500 grams of meat a week.”

Other countries that have included sustainability into their nutrition advice, or have seriously contemplated doing so, include Germany, Australia, Sweden, and the U.K.

Just last week, the U.K. issued its latest nutrition advice, recommending a diet lower in red and processed meat. The move was hailed by nutrition groups, even as they sought more explicit reductions.

The new advice, though, was immediately blasted by the livestock industry.

http://theplate.nationalgeographic.c...m-diet-advice/

These recommendations of eating less meat are more consistent of the diet of the longest-lived communities in the world:

Blue Zones: What the Longest-Lived People Eat (Hint: It’s Not Steak Dinners)
    - "the longest-lived people ate a high complex-carb diet with medium levels of fat and medium-to-low levels of protein"
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...steak-dinners/

Question about this:

a member of the Meat Advisory Panel, in British media reports last week. “Lean red meat is rich in protein, iron, zinc, B vitamins and selenium and makes an important contribution to daily vitamin and mineral intakes.”
    Where do cows get their protein, iron, zinc, B vitamins, and selenium?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My food eats plants, thanks anyway.......

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Where do cows get their protein, iron, zinc, B vitamins, and selenium?
    most domestic cows in commercial production get their iron, zinc, and selenium from mineral salt blocks.
    http://extension.uga.edu/publication...fm?number=B895

grass fed cows get their iron, zinc, and selenium from grass; except in the north east US where selenium needs to be supplemented because it is not environmentally present.

cows produce B12 via bacteria in their 4 chambered stomachs when in the presence of environmental cobalt or cobalt obtained from salt lick
    http://www.veganhealth.org/b12/animal

protien is produced by enzyme action upon cellulose, then fermentation in the gut, digestion takes much longer than in humans, involving regurgitation and repeat mastication.
    http://animals.mom.me/animals-gain-p...rass-7833.html

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Kinda figure a lot of this government advice is prompted by Climate Change politics.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    most domestic cows in commercial production get their iron, zinc, and selenium from mineral salt blocks.
    http://extension.uga.edu/publication...fm?number=B895

grass fed cows get their iron, zinc, and selenium from grass; except in the north east US where selenium needs to be supplemented because it is not environmentally present.

cows produce B12 via bacteria in their 4 chambered stomachs when in the presence of environmental cobalt or cobalt obtained from salt lick
    http://www.veganhealth.org/b12/animal

protien is produced by enzyme action upon cellulose, then fermentation in the gut, digestion takes much longer than in humans, involving regurgitation and repeat mastication.
    http://animals.mom.me/animals-gain-p...rass-7833.html
    thats interesting on the cobalt for the animals' B-12.. makes sense, as cobalt is part of the vitamin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Kinda figure a lot of this government advice is prompted by Climate Change politics.
    When they include this bit:
    Other countries that have included sustainability into their nutrition advice, or have seriously contemplated doing so, include Germany, Australia, Sweden, and the U.K.
    You know that your actual personal nutritional advice has taken a backseat to global planning.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    from mineral salt blocks.... grass fed
    Right, they get their nutrition from plants and supplements, so I hope no one whines that you can't get enough nutrition even on a strict plant-based diet.

Out on a limb here: I think the reason for all these warnings is to prepare us for food shortages, which they will blame on the market. They have already done this with GMO food here in the US, which prepares us for high prices and less food.

Control the food source and you control the people.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously, who $#@!ing cares what some other country is recommending their citizens eat? I couldn't care less what THIS country has to say about our diets, CLEARLY the "health authorities" have no freaking clue about any of this or we wouldn't be so pathetically sick and weak as a society. I eat what my body tells me to eat, and am careful about processed foods and non food items that are passed off as food. So it might be pot roast on Thursday or a big ol' salad on Monday. As a result I am in better shape at 40 - after birthing 3 children - than I have been any other time in my adult life. I have no chronic illness and if I do say so myself, I look and feel damn fantabulous!

VEGETARIAN:

This was a study that was done in 1947. They took laboratory animals and they had one group that was a pure vegan, nothing but vegetable material, grains, and fruits and vegetables and nuts; the other had the same basic diet with all the supplements, but they just added some veal powder, some ground up veal, some ground up bone meal and so forth, and the rats that were vegans, or vegetarians, lived 555 days, and the rats that rats that ate the omnivore diet with meat as well as the vegetables and grains lived twice as long, 1020 days. So that’s kind of interesting, but people say “Oh that’s just laboratory animals, and they’re not spiritually elevated” and all that kind of stuff, so let’s keep looking here.

There was a great study that was published in the Denver Post in May of 1996, just about a year ago, and this study was done by the State Social Services in Colorado, and they identified all the 415 centenarians in the state of Colorado living at that time. These are people over the age of 100, the oldest was 111, 415 of them, and they sent a social worker out to each one of the, gave them a hot meal to get their blood sugar up, and then sat there eyeball to eyeball and asked them all these questions on 5 pages of questionnaire. They were looking for things they could point to and say this is why these people live to be 100. They found out that two thirds of these 415 centenarians were women, one third were men, so you fellows can live to be 100 if you do everything right. They found out that every religion, every culture was represented in these 415 centenarians, so no group, no religion, no race, no culture had a monopoly on living to be 100. The only one that was 100%, they were all heavy red meat eaters. Everyone of them ate red meat twice a day, there was not a single vegetarian in the bunch.

Now there had to be something wrong with this theory that being a vegetarian is healthful. At any rate, number 1, 100% were all heavy red meat eaters, number 2, 85% still worked after the age of 100, and they did primarily paperwork for family businesses, and baby-sat and did the dishes, and gardened and things like that. 75% took a nip of whiskey everyday. You don’t want to get them out of order, you want to do the red meat twice a day, and if you get around to it, a nip of whiskey might be okay. There’s no proof that being a vegetarian has any health or longevity benefits. It’s a theory and it’s not panning out.
    http://www.kingmaker.net/trustme.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by elfroggo View Post
    CLEARLY the "health authorities" have no freaking clue about any of this or we wouldn't be so pathetically sick and weak as a society.
    They do. They're just being strong armed by the powerful cattle, dairy, and egg associations to recommend more animal products than is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Right, they get their nutrition from plants and supplements, so I hope no one whines that you can't get enough nutrition even on a strict plant-based diet.
    Some of us don't have a rumen to extract all the nutrients we need from cellulose. Your bragging that you have one is getting a little tiresome, and please, spare us the details of how you drag your scrotum through the underbrush and work your manure into the soil with your hooves.
    Last edited by Isaac Bickerstaff; 03-29-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    VEGETARIAN: This was a study that was done in 1947.

http://www.kingmaker.net/trustme.html
    So no original link to the study. We're just going to have to "trust" this website? Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Some of us don't have a rumen to extract all the nutrients we need from cellulose.
    But all of us have pots, pans, and microwaves to cook plants foods to make it easier for us to extract the nutrients we need from them and to be able to eat more of them.