Thread: 1775 . . . Again?

Exclamation 1775 . . . Again?

1775 . . . Again?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019/12/23/1775-again/

By eric - December 23, 2019

When people desperately trying to avoid a fight are left no choice but to fight, they are often the fiercest fighters imaginable.

The reason being an explosion of righteous anger – of berserker fury – directed at the bullies who will not leave them be.

Governor “Coonman” Northam of Virginia is such a bully.

He intends to rescind the current, ancient and long-acknowledged legal right of Virginians who aren’t criminals to possess more than single shot rifles and pistols – by criminalizing anyone who does possess them.

These newly minted “criminals” will then be required to turn in their formerly legal firearms to the government or be subject to Hut! Hut! Hutting! by armed government workers sent by the Coonman to enforce his criminal acts.

These acts include the criminalization of any “training” – even without firearms – which the Coonman and his supporters consider potentially “anti-government.”

This is a recipe for 1775.

Another bully – Thomas Gage, the British military governor of Massachusetts – attempted a “Coonman” in that year, which lit the fuse of what became the Revolutionary War. He sent armed government workers – Redcoats – to confiscate the weapons of the colonists – who had finally had their fill of being bullied. These long-ago AGWs eventually gunned down several colonists on the village green at Lexington.

Word of the massacre spread and the people rose in response, fighting back with whatever means available, harrying the column of armed government workers as it made its way back toward Boston, some 18 miles away.

The fury incited by that long-ago “Coonman” was subsequently described by himself:

“These people show a spirit and conduct against us they never showed against the French . . . They are now spirited up by a rage and enthusiasm as great as ever people were possessed of and you must proceed in earnest or give the business up. A small body acting in one spot will not avail, you must have large armies making diversions on different sides, to divide their force. The loss we have sustained is greater than we can bear. Small armies cannot afford such losses, especially when the advantage gained tends to do little more than the gaining of a post.”

Eight years later, those furious colonists finally succeeded in getting the bullies off their backs – permanently.

They probably never imagined that homegrown bullies even worse than “Coonman” Gage would eventually arise to torment them.

The current “Coonman” may not realize just how very tired the people are of being bullied – and how willing they are to fight, if a fight is forced upon them.

The “Coonman” feels confident. He has the full weight and force of the government and all its means at his disposal. He has legions of armed government workers available to enforce his writ.

But he hasn’t got the fury – and that is something he ought to reckon with, before it it is too late.

I speak from a rural SW Va county, in which most of the people living here know one another. Know they are not criminals, no matter what laws the Coonman may hurl characterizing them as such.

It is a very different to “red flag” and sic police department Hut! Hut! Hutters! on someone in a suburban home whose neighbors have no idea who he is than it is to order local sheriffs – who know their neighbor – to Hut! Hut! Hut! him on orders from Richmond. There is no “gun violence” problem in my county and everyone knows it. They therefore understand that what Coonman is proposing is not some kind of needed curative but the criminalization of almost an entire populace by distant tyrants who are loathed by almost the entire populace.

People such as Coonman are viewed as illegitimate foreigners; creatures who speak a foreign language, even though it is English. People here have had enough. The differences are irreconcilable. And the resentment is boiling.

Look at a map of the last election. The state remains overwhelmingly red – but the blues control the entire state government. It is because the blues – like a cancerous mole – control the densely populated counties adjacent to the federal capital. The reds no longer have a say in state government – and people who have no say tend to get angry. Right now, they are extremely angry.

It could get out of control very quickly.

It will be hard for the Coonman and his followers to portray 90 percent of the people living in the counties outside of Northern Virginia and Richmond as “criminals” by passing laws transforming them into criminals.

If this thing starts, it will not end until one or the other side is no longer capable of fighting. It will be no-quarter-given. It will be awful.

But it will be righteous.

And it may be the only way.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Having 1775 happen again would be great.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

hat tip to @unknown

Virginia Governor Northam Increases Corrections Budget In Anticipation Of Jailing Gun Owners

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/24/v...ng-gun-owners/

The budget bill (HB30) includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.

The $250,000 is appropriated to the Corrections Special Reserve Fund in order to provide for the “increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment” of Northam’s gun control measures. Among the enumerated laws that this allocation is meant to fund is a ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms, the criminalization of private firearms transfers, and gun confiscation orders issued without due process.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

This issue alone is enough to make me thankful that Hitlery lost.

If this happened with her in the White House the federal government would take the side of Coonman but under Trump they should stay out of it or take the side of the citizens.

This will not be another Waco.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    hat tip to @unknown

Virginia Governor Northam Increases Corrections Budget In Anticipation Of Jailing Gun Owners

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/24/v...ng-gun-owners/

The budget bill (HB30) includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.

The $250,000 is appropriated to the Corrections Special Reserve Fund in order to provide for the “increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment” of Northam’s gun control measures. Among the enumerated laws that this allocation is meant to fund is a ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms, the criminalization of private firearms transfers, and gun confiscation orders issued without due process.
    This really is not going to work out the way he is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I think they don't know what to think, they are probably running a play that was planned for Hitlery to be POTUS and send in federal troops to support the state government.
    The other option is that this is just a desperation move to try and start a civil war in the hope of getting rid of Trump that way.

It will be interesting to see what happens when most of the National Guard disobeys orders and probably most of the state cops too.

Are we about to see a state government overthrown while the feds refuse to lift a finger?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is like the Bundy ranch but instead of a ranch they're pissing off a whole state.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

No, it's not...and this time, at least I hope and pray, the people are not going to dismiss and forget another Waco-esque slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think they don't know what to think, they are probably running a play that was planned for Hitlery to be POTUS and send in federal troops to support the state government.
    The other option is that this is just a desperation move to try and start a civil war in the hope of getting rid of Trump that way.

It will be interesting to see what happens when most of the National Guard disobeys orders and probably most of the state cops too.

Are we about to see a state government overthrown while the feds refuse to lift a finger?
    I have no doubt that Trump will send in the feds just as quickly as the witch would have, if something cracks off for real.

The real question you noted already...will they obey orders.

Again, this will not be the first time, by a long shot, that the history of the nation, indeed the world, was changed by the course of armed conflict in the hills of Virginia.

I have no doubt that Trump will send in the feds just as quickly as the witch would have, if something cracks off for real.

The real question you noted already...will they obey orders.

Again, this will not be the first time, by a long shot, that the history of the nation, indeed the world, was changed by the course of armed conflict in the hills of Virginia.
    We will see, Trump's record IS unclear, but the Witch has a clear record of being involved in Waco.

The military has been moved left over my lifetime but I don't think most of them will obey orders to attack the people of Virginia even if Trump gives those orders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

All I can say, and I remind you this is coming from Virginia, is this isn't romantic. This is pretty $#@!ing scary.

The state police are going to do exactly what they are told, up to the point where a bunch of them don't get to go home. They may back down in a Bundy Ranch standoff but they are lackeys that absolutely will kill people for not surrendering guns.

The National Guard absolutely will do this too. Everyone wearing a uniform, every last one of them, is a believer in the system. If the system is doing something wrong, so they've been taught to believe, then the system has mechanisms to correct itself, and the only thing that can happen from them refusing to obey the system is that the systen will turn against them.

The tl:dr of it is they will all do exactly what Northam says until actual fighting starts actually killing them.

If every last big igloo keyboard warriors shows up for a four month standoff with enough provisions for that entire time, then all their big talk might mean $#@!. If they don't, it won't.

But what all this posturing DOES do, is it gives all those true believer state cops and NG goosesteppers a ton of propaganda they can point to to show what type of person ot really is that they are executing in front of his kids.

It's what they will use to sleep at night. Soundly.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    All I can say, and I remind you this is coming from Virginia, is this isn't romantic. This is pretty $#@!ing scary.

The state police are going to do exactly what they are told, up to the point where a bunch of them don't get to go home. They may back down in a Bundy Ranch standoff but they are lackeys that absolutely will kill people for not surrendering guns.

The National Guard absolutely will do this too. Everyone wearing a uniform, every last one of them, is a believer in the system. If the system is doing something wrong, so they've been taught to believe, then the system has mechanisms to correct itself, and the only thing that can happen from them refusing to obey the system is that the systen will turn against them.

The tl:dr of it is they will all do exactly what Northam says until actual fighting starts actually killing them.

If every last big igloo keyboard warriors shows up for a four month standoff with enough provisions for that entire time, then all their big talk might mean $#@!. If they don't, it won't.

But what all this posturing DOES do, is it gives all those true believer state cops and NG goosesteppers a ton of propaganda they can point to to show what type of person ot really is that they are executing in front of his kids.

It's what they will use to sleep at night. Soundly.
    This IS serious and what you say could be exactly how thing go.

But there is a chance that things will go better than that.

This is from Law Enforcement Today:

National Guardsman: "We will not comply" if ordered by Virginia governor to arrest police, confiscate guns

Editor’s note: In the increased advancement of the infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights, a member of the Virginia National Guard is putting his/her state legislators on notice.
    He’s submitted a powerful response to an article we ran recently about lawmakers in that state threatening to call in the Guard to confiscate guns and arrest the cops that refuse to violate then Constitution.
    For obvious reasons, the name of this writer has been kept anonymous.

Yesterday, I read an article written in Law Enforcement Today entitled “The Law is the law”: Dems threaten to deploy military against cops who refuse to enforce gun laws.
    In the first few paragraphs, I was alerted to the fact that the state of Virginia’s leadership is upset that law enforcement officials do not want to violate their oath to uphold the Constitution. So upset in fact, that they want to call up the National Guard.
    I wanted to write and address Representative Donald McEachin.
    He said:
    “And ultimately, I’m not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law. That’s his call, because I don’t know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that’s obviously an option he has.”

It disturbs me that this guy got elected and has no concept of the law or reality.

Mr. McEachin, have you ever heard of a little thing called the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878? Apparently, you are not.
    Allow me to fill you in.
    The purpose of the act is to limit the military branches from enforcing laws against US. citizens. While the PCA does not prevent a governor from calling the Virginia National Guard, the law enforcement capacity of the Guard while on state active duty is full-scale enforcement of martial law when local law enforcement can no longer maintain civilian control.
    Are you listening Mr. McEachin? If Governor Northam were to call up the National Guard, it would be through enacting martial law.
    Since you are so slow in understanding, allow me to explain further.
    Martial law is the imposition of direct military control of normal civilian functions by a government, especially in response to a temporary emergency such as invasion or major disaster, or in an occupied territory.
    Sheriffs and police chiefs refusing to go against the Constitution to fulfill your stupid anti-gun drivel hardly constitutes a temporary emergency.
    If you and your fellow Constitution-hating hacks continue to push an agenda of gun banning, forfeiture and confiscation, I can almost assure you that you might meet more than one requirement for enacting martial law.

If you force local law enforcement to start violating peoples 2nd Amendment rights by taking their guns, you will wind up with temporary emergency due to an occupied territory.
    There are people who will dig in. They will fortify their habitations. They will stand firm in their resolution to exercise their un-infringed right. And it will get ugly.
    Furthermore, Gerry Connolly said:
    “I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they’re prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath. The law is the law. If that becomes the law, you don’t have a choice, not if you’re a sworn officer of the law.”

I wonder if he sees the irony of his statement.
    If the state deems that it should enact martial law because sheriff’s, whose only “crime” is standing up for the Constitution, here is what it looks like.
    The state Constitution would be suspended. So would habeas corpus and civil rights.
    There would be no freedom of the press, assembly or speech.
    Curfews would be enforced on the people.

Troops would be in the streets for enforcement.
    Checkpoints would be set up for control.
    The Guard would have the ability to hold a person without charge.
    Imprisonment without representation or due process.
    Seeing that we are talking about gun control, there would be warrantless, house to house confiscation of firearms, ammunition, food supplies.
    I have to wonder if this is really what Democratic leaders in Virginia want. Because what it equates to is a tyrannical government using its military as ‘enforcers.’
    And that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment was created to protect against.
    If the Virginia legislators want to push this issue, it could get ugly.
    And oh, by the way, plan on seeing the vast majority of the Virginia National Guard become Conscientious Objectors. It will be really hard for them to arrest cops and confiscate guns when none of them will carry the necessary arms to enforce said arrests and confiscations.
    How do I know this? I am one of them and will be one of the first to lay down my gun and walk away.
    I will not be a pawn in a tyrannical game of human chess. Neither will most of the men and women I serve with.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So as to to this present day shall you be warned, oh so shall liberty be foreclosed as to the bearer, be warned.
    FJB

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Yes, it is.

This is quite real "where the rubber meets the road" type of stuff.

Essentially what has happened is open rebellion against "legal" authority.

And that is always ugly, as authority never gives up without a fight.

There is another aspect of this that needs to be considered: the mindset and actions of the mass of idiot humanity not directly involved in conflict.

What to do with them?

I say, simply paraphrasing US military texts of urban and guerrilla warfare mind you, that the best and simplest thing to do to get them out of the way and to overwhelm the system you are trying to topple, is to put them cold, hungry and in the dark. Use the weakness of the system's infrastructure to your advantage. No fuel, no food, no heat, no everfucking sail fawns and internet, no water, no medicine...inside of a month millions of city dwellers will be bat$#@! insane with hunger cold and fear. That's millions that the system has to house, feed, heat, treat and keep out of trouble. That's an incredible effort and use of resources that otherwise would be used to hunt you down.

Yes, it is.

This is quite real "where the rubber meets the road" type of stuff.

Essentially what has happened is open rebellion against "legal" authority.

And that is always ugly, as authority never gives up without a fight.

There is another aspect of this that needs to be considered: the mindset and actions of the mass of idiot humanity not directly involved in conflict.

What to do with them?

I say, simply paraphrasing US military texts of urban and guerrilla warfare mind you, that the best and simplest thing to do to get them out of the way and to overwhelm the system you are trying to topple, is to put them cold, hungry and in the dark. Use the weakness of the system's infrastructure to your advantage. No fuel, no food, no heat, no everfucking sail fawns and internet, no water, no medicine...inside of a month millions of city dwellers will be bat$#@! insane with hunger cold and fear. That's millions that the system has to house, feed, heat, treat and keep out of trouble. That's an incredible effort and use of resources that otherwise would be used to hunt you down.
    This seems appropriate:

Nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won.
    Duke of Wellington

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment