Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to declare national emergency for border wall after signing spending bill

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Generally speaking Trump supporters are Limbaugh and Hannity fans who have never had a problem with neo-conservatism. For most of them, that list of names is not a bill of goods, but a reassurance that the parts about Trump that scared them a little weren't so bad after all.
    Sadly, probably about half. The rest woke up but whatever lunatic the Dems put in 2020 they will all hold their nose and vote for him since there is no where else to go. Unless...

This would be a good time for a Constitution Party candidates. The Trump campaign on immigration was inline with their platform and there are more people awake on the immigration problem than ever before.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This will make #32 on the active “emergency” list. And it will be the first “national emergency” opposed by the swamp.
    is there a site that has a list of all those or the history of the "continuing emergency" thats been going on since 1933

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    is there a site that has a list of all those or the history of the "continuing emergency" thats been going on since 1933
    I've just seen some news stories that detailed a few of them.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    This one looks pretty good. I don't know how accurate and up-to-date it is. But it has good references.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

It seems like there should be a list on a .gov website somewhere, but I can't find one.

Oh, but that would be too hard! I mean, history has proven that growing government now and then shrinking it later is MUCH easier!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Oh, but that would be too hard! I mean, history has proven that growing government now and then shrinking it later is MUCH easier!
    How is Trump growing government? He is taking funding for military construction and drug enforcement and diverting it to the wall.. which will result in less people voting for bigger government (forget right/left, we have stats on who votes for big govt. vs. small govt.), which will result in less welfare than we would otherwise have, thus is the most logical way to get to the goal that you want of not having welfare.

Can you provide a logical argument for how what I said doesn't follow?? None of us here are against ending the welfare state. I don't know why you are preaching to the choir..

I mean, this is basic logic that a Kindergartner should be able to understand.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How is Trump growing government? He is taking funding for military construction and drug enforcement and diverting it to the wall.. which will result in less people voting for bigger government (forget right/left, we have stats on who votes for big govt. vs. small govt.), which will result in less welfare than we would otherwise have, thus is the most logical way to get to the goal that you want of not having welfare.

Can you provide a logical argument for how what I said doesn't follow?? None of us here are against ending the welfare state. I don't know why you are preaching to the choir..

If he declared an emergency prior to signing the open borders bill you would right but signing the bill legally nullifies a near future emergency declaration.

It's over Danno, unless the Republican congress has something else up their sleeve but that is doubtful.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-15-2019 at 12:35 PM.

How is Trump growing government?
    By signing this omnibus that just got passed.

If he's going to declare a national emergency anyway, why do that?

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

It was an awesome press conference. his admiration for how China just kills off drug dealers was great.

I'm soory. Did I miss where this massive omnibus spending bill dramatically slashes govt spending? I mean in REAL terms, not the bull$#@! "we didn't increase it as much as we initially intended" DC doublespeak terms. No?

Well then here's some logic for you: More spending = bigger government.

Even a Kindergartner should be able to understand that.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 02-15-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

How is Trump growing government?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why don't you just continue reading what I wrote so I don't have to $#@!ing type it again??

Yes, with the national emergency, he is diverting funds from federal military construction and drug enforcement to build the wall. How is that growing government?

Dammit, man..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm soory. Did I miss where this massive omnibus spending bill dramatically slashes govt spending? I mean in REAL terms, not the bull$#@! "we didn't increase it as much as we initially intended" DC doublespeak terms. No?

Well then here's some logic for you: More spending = bigger government.

Even a Kindergartner should be able to understand that.

A Kindergartner also understands this thread is about the national emergency, and thus that is what I was talking about.

...with the national emergency, he is diverting funds from federal military construction and drug enforcement to build the wall. How is that growing government?
    How will a national emergency even be legally valid since he only recently signed the bill?

Still waiting for someone to calculate the cost of open borders with the signing of this bill. But to start there is this.

https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-...e-omnibus-bill
    The omnibus includes a 1.9 percent pay raise for federal employees, costing roughly $3.3 billion in 2019, and more than $40 billion over the next 10 years.

This would overturn a December 2018 executive order from President Donald Trump freezing federal pay. And, for more than half of federal workers, it will serve as their second pay raise in 2019 because federal workers receive both cost-of-living increases as well as step increases based on tenure.
    More money for government employees, not only one pay raise but two.

Why don't you just continue reading what I wrote so I don't have to $#@!ing type it again??

Yes, with the national emergency, he is diverting funds from federal military construction and drug enforcement to build the wall. How is that growing government?

Dammit, man..
    Ok, you want to ignore the entire omnibus bill. Ignore Ron Paul's suggestion of "instead of building a wall". Ignore the major land grab associated with this "emergency". Ignore the precedent for future Executives. Ignore the ridiculous price tag and government contracts associated with this "emergency". Ignore the fact that part of the money he's using comes from asset forfeiture.

I mean, yeah - if you want to ignore everything about a growing government, I suppose you could say he's shrinking it! Yay Trump! Now, pass me that bowl.

Ok, you want to ignore the entire omnibus bill. Ignore Ron Paul's suggestion of "instead of building a wall". Ignore the major land grab associated with this "emergency". Ignore the precedent for future Executives. Ignore the ridiculous price tag and government contracts associated with this "emergency". Ignore the fact that part of the money he's using comes from asset forfeiture.

I mean, yeah - if you want to ignore everything about a growing government, I suppose you could say he's shrinking it! Yay Trump! Now, pass me that bowl.

The delusion is strong in that one.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The delusion is strong in that one.
    Meh. At least he's real. Can't same the same for others.

Meh. At least he's real. Can't same the same for others.

Are you so sure? Anymore, I don't know what to think wrt that topic.
    Chris

Wow. So the constitution doesn't mean anything to you any more, I guess.

Constitutionally, all spending bills must originate in the House.

The end.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Wow. So the constitution doesn't mean anything to you any more, I guess.

Constitutionally, all spending bills must originate in the House.

The end.
    The Constitution means a lot to me.. so much I'm willing to defend the borders against the hordes of people who don't give a rats ass about it, want to destroy it and are only coming here for welfare.

Trump is diverting spending from unconstitutional activities, such as drug enforcement, and directing it toward Constitutional duties, such as securing our border against invasion..

Sooo I'll give him a pass..

The Constitution means a lot to me.. so much I'm willing to defend the borders against the hordes of people who don't give a rats ass about it, want to destroy it and are only coming here for welfare.

Trump is diverting spending from unconstitutional activities, such as drug enforcement, and directing it toward Constitutional duties, such as securing our border against invasion..

I can respect that. But in my mind, Congress gave him money to accomplish tasks A and B. He said screw it, I am spending it on C. That's a dangerous precedent.

Every Obama supporter:

"Yeah, it's unconstitutional, but he's doing it for a reason I like!"

(did you miss post #108, or is that too inconvenient to respond to?? I mean, you asked and I answered.)

Every Obama supporter:

"Yeah, it's unconstitutional, but he's doing it for a reason I like!"

(did you miss post #108, or is that too inconvenient to respond to?? I mean, you asked and I answered.)

Obama supporters do not say that Obama is justified in doing X because he is taking funding away from unconstitutional activities and directing them toward Constitutional activities.. and if they did say that, they were probably wrong about what duties are Constitutional and which are not.

I've already responded a hundred times to questions like why did Trump sign some omnibus bill or some $#@!.. I don't like it, Trump doesn't like it, nobody except the deep state likes it.

I would love for Trump to shut the government down, bring the troops home, reducing spending.. but he is just one branch of government. He can only do what he can do. Neither of us have any idea exactly what he is up against. All we can do is be glad that is the master and negotiating, and he is on our side. He can't win every battle, but he is our best shot at winning the war.

How do you explain him signing an open borders bill that would prevent him from legally succeeding with an emergency declaration?

Did I miss something here?

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    How do you explain him signing an open borders bill that would prevent him from legally succeeding with an emergency declaration?

Did I miss something here?
    If you look at everything through the filter of the mainstream media, you are going to miss a lot.

If you look at everything through the filter of the mainstream media, you are going to miss a lot.
    Same goes for those orange-colored glasses, it seems.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast