Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: IL - Gay black actor beaten, bleached, attackers shout "This is MAGA country!"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/st...46660982579200

//
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Pretty sure if he had broken ribs he would not have been able to have a singing performance.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is literally not a single human being who believes this story is not completely fake, except for:

1. Our own SuperEro,
    2. Just kidding, there is no 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Chicago Police Supt. Says Jussie Smollett ‘Will Be Held Accountable’ if He Made a False Report

https://pjmedia.com/trending/chicago...-false-report/

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Is this guy associated with the FBI or CIA?

https://twitter.com/emzanotti/status...55358727614465

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://twitter.com/emzanotti/status...55358727614465

Well this should be interesting...

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People need to start putting pressure on the prosecutors and the cops, some reverse political correctness, to let them know that not charging him with something is going to make them look even worse in public than anything the Left will throw at them.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “both white...their faces and hands had been covered.”
    Then how do you know their skin color?

I

call

bull.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Unsurprisingly, this story seemed fishy right from the start.
    First, it was the contradictory reports that the Chicago Police didn’t know about the “MAGA country” remark. Then came the hunt for video evidence of the attack, which didn’t turn up any footage of the actual assault. The only thing that came from thousands of hours of camera footage on multiple streets that the police reviewed are two suspicious dark shapes walking on the opposite side of the street from Smollett.
    Smollett was captured on video for all but sixty seconds. After the sixty seconds where he disappeared into an alley, Smollett reappears with a noose hanging around his neck like a tie. That’s an awfully short amount of time to suffer such a severe attack.
    More fishy details have continued to emerge. Smollett’s manager claimed he was on the phone with his client during most of the attack and heard the “MAGA country” remark. That wasn’t initially in the police report, and, most suspiciously of all, Smollett and his manager refused to hand over their phone records to police.
    Smollett decided to add another element to his story that reinforced the idea that the whole thing was a fabrication. As he returned to the stage after the supposed attack, Smollett bragged that he “fought the $#@! back” against his attackers. That seems impossible considering his story and that he kept a cellphone in his hand throughout the entire assault.
    Police provided another odd detail that undermined his account. According to authorities, Smollett was carrying and managed to protect a Subway sandwich throughout the brutal attack, and emerged with the undamaged sub in his hand when he reappeared on the surveillance footage.
    To summarize:
    Smollett was brutally beaten in less than sixty seconds in a diverse, anti-Trump city.
    His violent, racist attackers knew he starred in a show that is not generally watched by people likely to be Trump supporters, or who would know his sexual orientation.
    They also somehow believe that their diverse, anti-Trump city is MAGA country.
    Additionally, in his own words, Smollett fought off his attackers while simultaneously pinned to the ground, talking on his cellphone, and holding onto a Subway sandwich.
    Count me as a skeptic.

Even without the additional details and the changing story from Smollett’s camp, the whole thing seemed unbelievable. America has experienced way too many hate hoaxes recently to fall for such a ridiculous story as this one. And yet we all had to sit through another case of the mainstream media falling for one. Smollett was still able to bask in his noble victimhood, even as his story unravelled. Nearly every outlet faithfully reported his “fought the $#@! back” comments without any hint of doubt.
    GQ covered his first performance since the alleged assault with this celebratory headline, “Jussie Smollett Is Defiant at His First Performance After a Racist, Homophobic Assault.” There was no “alleged” in the headline, nor any indicators in the article that we should perhaps not absolutely believe Smollett’s story.
    Indeed, earlier in the week, GQ had published an article on why everyone should definitely believe that Smollett was a victim of a hate crime: because it confirms the Left-wing narrative on hate in Trump’s America. The writer, Joshua Rivera, was incensed that the alleged crime was being treated as a “possible hate crime” by police rather than as a definite one. Rivera believes these attacks are very common, and argues that “almost all violent extremist crime is committed by right-wing terrorists.” This writer claims that the attack fits into the grand scheme of whiteness: “Whiteness in 21st century America has an endgame, and it is this: to divest itself from the shame of its power, while working to revive the fear it needs in which to thrive.”
    Rivera concludes his article with an affirmation of his blind faith that this attack occurred by dismissing the disputed facts of the case:
    A still-disputed aspect of the attack on Smollett is a line shouted after his attackers fled the scene: “This is MAGA country.” While its veracity isn’t confirmed, its sentiment needs no fact-check. America’s choice to embrace the blind rage of late-stage whiteness in decline is an explicit longing for this kind of crime, a version of America in which those who do not assimilate to the satisfaction of their white, straight, and Christian betters are subject to the impunity of law enforcement, the scorn of the media and the fury of racist homophobes stalking the streets of your city, who want you to know that they could lynch you if they really wanted to, and maybe get away with it too.
    Imagine believing that whites easily get away with hate crimes in 2019 America!
    Even those writers who accepted that elements of the case didn’t add up still chose to believe that it happened because it aligned with their preferred narrative. Chicago Tribune columnist Dahleen Glanton, who is black, noted that many parts of the story seemed unbelievable, such as Trump supporters rampaging in liberal Chicago at 2 AM in freezing temperatures.
    And yet Glanton also urged her readers to believe the case because “[w]hy are we so obsessed with who committed the crime rather than dealing with the fact that such crimes routinely happen across America?”
    She concluded by saying, “At this point, we should all consider Smollett the victim of a horrible hate crime. And in Chicago, we should stop pretending like horrible things like this could never happen in our city.”
    The belief that angry white men are the primary threat to non-whites in Chicago cannot be challenged by common sense or facts. It must be accepted by all.
    Ever since Trump was elected, hate hoaxes have proliferated to an all-time high. There was the Muslim girl on the New York City train who claimed she was assaulted because of her hijab. That was bull$#@!. There were dozens of threats to Jewish community centers that turned out to be the work of an Israeli teenager and a black journalist.American Renaissance maintains an extensive database of hate hoaxes, many of which resemble the Smollett case. Many non-whites have sought to fabricate crimes against themselves to win fame and attack the white majority.
    Smollett is a vocal Trump critic who made an entire music video showing his disdain for the President. He also has a career that would benefit immensely from suffering a “homophobic” and “racist” hate crime. He knows what kind of message to send to get the Left and the media on his side, as he concluded his most recent performance with, “Be as black, be as brown, be as gay as the $#@! you want to be!” Be anything that sets you apart from the evil, Trump-supporting crowd.
    Hate hoaxes meet the Left’s demand for victimhood. Leftists need to believe that Trump’s America is full of violent racists who will attack non-whites at a moment’s notice. If this is widely believed, it makes it easier to call for laws criminalizing hate speech and greater law enforcement attention to “hate groups.” This false notion also satisfies the Left’s persecution mania. Even though Leftists and their sympathizers control nearly every institution in our society and can speak as freely as they want, they still consider themselves to be suffering under an oppressive, white supremacist regime.
    Since there are not enough real hate crimes to satisfy this mania, media outlets continue to readily accept any that are staged for them. The Southern Poverty Law Center and others tell them that hate crimes are skyrocketing, so why should they doubt that emboldened white racists would travel to Chicago to attack Jussie Smollett?
    It is true that Chicago has witnessed disturbing hate crimes in recent years – against white people. In late 2016, there was the white motorist who was pulled out of his car and beaten by black youths because he looked like a Trump supporter. In January 2017, there was the mentally handicapped white man who was kidnapped and torturedby blacks because of his race. Those cases were largely ignored by the media outlets currently hyperventilating over Smollett’s tall tale. CNN commentator Symone Sanders mocked the motorist’s beating at the time with the statement, “Oh my goodness, poor white people!
    Hate crimes against whites are rising in the Trump age, yet they still receive scant attention from the mainstream media. Both of those anti-white assaults in Chicago were caught on camera and were undisputedly motivated by hate. They didn’t conform to the preferred narrative, however, so they were ignored.
    When Smollett’s story turns out to be a fantasy, we won’t see any mea culpas from the folks who promoted it or any improvement in the coverage of such bogus claims. It’s just too advantageous to propagate hoaxes for their cause.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...jussie-smollet

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Looking more and more like just bull$#@!.

Question now is: will there be any follow up and charges, or will it all just be quietly swept under the rug.

Sooner or later one of these false hate hoaxes are going to be credible enough to finally push the Jacobinites over the edge and the killing will start.

Jussie Smollett’s neighbors cast doubt on his attack story

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie...-attack-story/

By Gabrielle Fonrouge February 11, 2019 | 5:02am | Updated

CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after “Empire” star Jussie Smollett claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack, cops have yet to identify any suspects — and some people in his tony Chicago neighborhood are growing skeptical.

“I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did,” said Agin Muhammad, who lives in the same swank high-rise near the Navy Pier as Smollett.

“I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

A patron at Lizzie McNeill’s Irish Pub, about a block from the scene of the alleged Jan. 29 incident, said Smollett’s story “doesn’t really make sense.”

“It’s a lie, because Chicago is the most liberal city around,” said the man, who wouldn’t give his name. “They have cameras everywhere … Why can’t they find the attack?”

Cops have said they found plenty of surveillance video, but none that captured the incident.

Meanwhile, Chicago police said Sunday that Smollett has yet to turn over data from his cellphone to verify that he was on the phone with his music manager, Brandon Moore, when he was allegedly attacked.

Moore has said he heard Smollett’s assailants shout a “racial slur” and the words “MAGA country,” an apparent reference to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

“We have no reason to doubt the statements, but for a criminal investigation, we need to independently confirm the phone records,” Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

“We offered to take the phone to download the data and he expressed he couldn’t be without his phone for several hours.”

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson has said that Smollett, 36, was being treated as a crime victim, but would be held accountable if cops learn he filed a false report.

Smollett told cops he was confronted by two men, one wearing a black mask, who hurled gay and racist epithets at him, calling him “’Empire’ f—-t n—-r” while he was walking home shortly before 2 a.m.

The assailants allegedly punched Smollett in the face, doused him with a liquid — believed to be bleach — and tied a rope around his neck in an underpass between the Sheraton and Loews Chicago hotels.

Last week, The Post traced Smollett’s likely route to the underpass from a 24-hour Subway sandwich shop where he bought a tuna sandwich and a salad.

Near the foot of a stairwell to the Loews, The Post found an empty hot sauce bottle that was partially filled with a clear liquid that smelled like bleach.

The Post alerted police, who seized the bottle. Guglielmi said it was turned over to the FBI for analysis.

The FBI declined to comment.

Sooner or later one of these false hate hoaxes are going to be credible enough to finally push the Jacobinites over the edge and the killing will start.
    That does seem plausible.

Is there anyone not related to the actor that actually believed this allged crime? I know the police has to continue the pretense of believing until it is proven to be a hoax. But yea, everythng I have read and heard about this story is about people doubting the claim he is making.

This has to be a good thing right?

AF, your post reminds me of the classic adage:

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Is there anyone not related to the actor that actually believed this allged crime? I know the police has to continue the pretense of believing until it is proven to be a hoax. But yea, everythng I have read and heard about this story is about people doubting the claim he is making.

This has to be a good thing right?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Purely coincidence, I'm sure.

https://www.thewrap.com/empire-midse...n-promo-video/

Quote Originally Posted by Feb 8 2019
    Welcome back to the Lyons’ den. Fox has set the midseason return date for the fifth season of “Empire” and released a promo for the upcoming batch of episodes.

“Empire” Season 5 returns March 13 at 8/7c on Fox.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

This will slow slide into obscurity.

I did notice one thing though. Not a single progressive I know on F.B. posted anything about this. Not a single one. That's pretty damning right there.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This will slow slide into obscurity.

I did notice one thing though. Not a single progressive I know on F.B. posted anything about this. Not a single one. That's pretty damning right there.
    Maybe Black Ribs Just Really Don't That Much Matter

At least Gay Black Ribs.

I just love that these straight-up ganstas were driving around with a noose in their trunk. Just in case. That, my dogs, is straight up.

That's my favorite part. I am very grateful to Jussie for including that part.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yup, pure coincidence. At some point the studio has to put out some promotion for the new season. Doesn't mean this was some type of guerilla marketing for the show

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Yup, pure coincidence. At some point the studio has to put out some promotion for the new season. Doesn't mean this was some type of guerilla marketing for the show
    Doesn't mean it is 100% but creating buzz through controversy is the method used these days to bring attention to something. Ya know what they say in Hollywood, there's no such thing as bad publicity. The show is long in the tooth and ratings have been steadily dropping, even to the point of Fox considering cancelling the show entirely. With his story not making much sense, the show on the ropes (pardon the pun....and his paychecks too...betcha he pissed away most of his money already....he's eating at Subway) and new episodes premiering soon, forgive me if I think this reeks of a publicity stunt to get Empire back into the news cycle.

(eta: 3 years later, indeed it was a manufactured controversy publicity stunt for Smollett and Kamala Harris to be profit from)
    Last edited by devil21; 03-15-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Smollett gives Police heavily redacted phone records that are of no use. Meaning he got them, altered them, and then gave them to the Police.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

FTA:
    When officers arrived at his apartment, Smollett still had a white rope draped around his neck.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Protip to Smollett: when the police say, "we are still investigating this as if you are the victim" they are in fact investigating it as if you are NOT a victim. Better stop talking to the police, dumbass.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“There was talk about Jamal having a white boyfriend,” Smollett said at the time. “And I said, ‘F*** no!’ Not for any reason, except we have a responsibility and we have a such a beautiful opportunity to show two black men in a relationship together, in a healthy relationship.”
    LOL - Black man worries about portrayals of miscegenation of his co-masturbator.

Sources: Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off 'Empire'

February 14, 2019

CHICAGO -- Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of "Empire."

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest -- one of whom has appeared on "Empire."

The law enforcement official also told ABC News that the homes of the persons of interest were raided Wednesday night. Police removed shoes, electronic devices and other items they believe could help them they determine if the two people played any role in the assault from those homes.

read more:
    https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smol...mpire/5138497/

this guy is the Chief Communications Officer for Chicago police, contradicting the above report

Last edited by jct74; 02-14-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    this guy is the Chief Communications Officer for Chicago police, contradicting the above report
    there is no contradiction in there if you read it carefully, they are just covering their asses. all that statement above says is that they currently have no evidence. No where in the above article does it state they have "evidence", just claims and a raid.

Report: Persons of Interest in Jussie Smollett Case Were Extras on ‘Empire,’ of Nigerian Descent

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...erian-descent/

14 Feb 2019

New details have emerged from the investigation into an alleged assault of a gay, African-American actor in Chicago last month.

At least one of the persons of interest Chicago Police Department questioned Thursday in connection to the alleged assault of Empire actor Jussie Smollett are linked to the Fox program and both are African-American, according to WGN Investigates.

Additionally, reporter Charlie De Mar is reporting that the two men are of Nigerian descent and appeared as extras on the FOX drama Empire, a show on which Jussie Smollett is a starring actor.

“Police raided the home of two persons of interest in Jussie Smollett case last night. Both men are of Nigerian decent and have appeared as extras on the show. Police took bleach, shoes electronics and more,” De Mar wrote Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, Chicago police Anthony Guglielmi revealed detectives were questioning the two individuals, but said neither of them are “considered suspects at this time.”

“The people of interest are alleged to be in the area where a crime was reported. They are not considered suspects at this time as they are currently being questioned by detectives,” Guglielmi wrote on Twitter. “We remain in communication with the alleged victim.”

The pair were seen on surveillance cameras in the neighbor where the alleged attack took place, said Guglielmi.

The report comes as law enforcement continues to probe the alleged assault which Smollett told police occurred on January 29 as he walked back to his apartment from a Subway sandwich shop. The actor said two masked individuals spewed racist and homophobic slurs, doused him with an unknown chemical substance. Further, the 36-year-old told police the alleged assailants looped a thin rope around his neck and shouted “This is MAGA country” before running away.

Appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America Thursday, Smollett said he believes his attackers were motivated by his outspokenness against President Donald Trump and his administration. “I come really, really hard against 45. I come really hard against his administration. I don’t hold my tongue,” he told interviewer Robin Roberts.

Chicago police said Monday they are so far unable to criminally investigate the alleged incident after Smollett turned over phone records that were redacted. “We are very appreciative of the victim’s cooperation however the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted,” police said. “Detectives may be following up with him to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Report: Persons of Interest in Jussie Smollett Case Were Extras on ‘Empire,’ of Nigerian Descent

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...erian-descent/

14 Feb 2019

New details have emerged from the investigation into an alleged assault of a gay, African-American actor in Chicago last month.

At least one of the persons of interest Chicago Police Department questioned Thursday in connection to the alleged assault of Empire actor Jussie Smollett are linked to the Fox program and both are African-American, according to WGN Investigates.

Additionally, reporter Charlie De Mar is reporting that the two men are of Nigerian descent and appeared as extras on the FOX drama Empire, a show on which Jussie Smollett is a starring actor.

“Police raided the home of two persons of interest in Jussie Smollett case last night. Both men are of Nigerian decent and have appeared as extras on the show. Police took bleach, shoes electronics and more,” De Mar wrote Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, Chicago police Anthony Guglielmi revealed detectives were questioning the two individuals, but said neither of them are “considered suspects at this time.”

“The people of interest are alleged to be in the area where a crime was reported. They are not considered suspects at this time as they are currently being questioned by detectives,” Guglielmi wrote on Twitter. “We remain in communication with the alleged victim.”

The pair were seen on surveillance cameras in the neighbor where the alleged attack took place, said Guglielmi.

The report comes as law enforcement continues to probe the alleged assault which Smollett told police occurred on January 29 as he walked back to his apartment from a Subway sandwich shop. The actor said two masked individuals spewed racist and homophobic slurs, doused him with an unknown chemical substance. Further, the 36-year-old told police the alleged assailants looped a thin rope around his neck and shouted “This is MAGA country” before running away.

Appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America Thursday, Smollett said he believes his attackers were motivated by his outspokenness against President Donald Trump and his administration. “I come really, really hard against 45. I come really hard against his administration. I don’t hold my tongue,” he told interviewer Robin Roberts.

Chicago police said Monday they are so far unable to criminally investigate the alleged incident after Smollett turned over phone records that were redacted. “We are very appreciative of the victim’s cooperation however the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted,” police said. “Detectives may be following up with him to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.”
    What is it with Nigerians and scams?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast