Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: George H.W. Bush has died

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As an agnostic, I don't know if Hell exists or not, but hopefully hes chilling with McCain and they both suffer together.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    As an agnostic, I don't know if Hell exists or not, but hopefully hes chilling with McCain and they both suffer together.

I was gonna say that if one believed in reincarnation, one could imagine them coming back as slugs or dung beetles or tapeworms, but then it occurred to me that that would be an egregious insult to slugs, dung beetles and/or tapeworms.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I lost a silver round . I had him down to make it to 2025 .
    I thought he was gonna make it to 2020.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I was gonna say that if one believed in reincarnation, one could imagine them coming back as slugs or dung beetles or tapeworms, but then it occurred to me that that would be an egregious insult to slugs, dung beetles and/or tapeworms.
    Reincarnation makes no difference. A tick is a tick is a tick.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    A tapeworm would be fitting. He has experience as a parasite. As for dung beetles, dung isn't a punishment for dung beetles. They are wired to enjoy their dung.

Any bets on when Carter is next?

Calvin Coolidge

I'd imagine @TheTexan will be flying his flags at half-staff this week.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He is too distraught to post right now. Give him time.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It still boggles my mind that the head of the freaking CIA was at one point our president. You know corruptions gonna go down when that happens.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He is too distraught to post right now. Give him time.
    Overwhelmed with grief. At the same time though, I know George would prefer that we celebrate his life, than mourn his death. I'm sure George Jr will see to it there is an open bar at the wake.

In that spirit, I will be raising many glasses of Bud lite tonight in his honor. America's finest beer for one of America's finest Presidents.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I wasn't prepared for this news at all. I always thought that when the 43rd President died, I would be ready. I thought I would by now have 43 flags to lower in his honor. But I only have 41.

Now I have to pay outrageous shipping fees to get more flags, it's very sad.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Now I have to pay outrageous shipping fees to get more flags, it's very sad.
    And tariffs. I guess Betsy Ross turned Chinese.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quite Reaganesque display of leadership. Whole world could be joining Trump's call as HW Bush was one of the first ones to articulate "New World Order" on international stage and made a global difference.
    Some skeptics are saying press confrence was cancelled to avoid questions about latest scandal breaking at home about "individual 1" but that seems like sheer speculation:

Trump designates December 5 national Day of Mourning for George H.W. Bush, Cancels G20 Press

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — President Donald Trump has designated December 5 as a National Day of Mourning after the death of former President George H.W. Bush.
    On Saturday afternoon, Congressional leaders also announced Bush will lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda from Monday evening through Wednesday morning.

The White House released the following statement:

“The President and First Lady were notified late last night of President George H.W. Bush’s passing. President Trump is scheduled to speak with President George W. Bush this morning and offer his condolences on behalf of himself, the First Lady, and the entire country. A state funeral is being arranged with all of the accompanying support and honors. The President will designate Wednesday, December 5th as a National Day Of Mourning. He and the First Lady will attend the funeral at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.”

Additionally, Trump announced that he has cancelled his summit news conference in Argentina "out of respect for the Bush Family."

2018 the year McCain and HW both went down within months of each other.

Trump curse is real?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    2018 the year McCain and HW both went down within months of each other. Trump curse is real?
    We've still got Jimmy Carter & Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    We've still got Jimmy Carter & Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
    Hopefully not for long.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    President George Bush wanted to show America what crack cocaine looked like at his first Oval Office address on Sept 5, 1989. He wanted to show you could even buy crack in front of the White House. That’s how bad the crisis had gotten. That’s how Bush announced his War on Drugs.

But there wasn’t much crack sold near the White House. As a U.S. Park Police official explained, "We don't consider that a problem area…There's too much activity going on there for drug dealers."

Easy solution: invite someone to sell crack outside the White House!

The DEA caught wind of Bush’s plan and they set about arranging a deal for Lafayette Square across from the White House. DEA agents planned to lure someone there to sell them a small amount of crack. Later a WH official claimed no one requested the DEA make the purchase.

On August 31, DEA Special Agent Sam Gaye was approached by his boss and asked if he could make a crack purchase across from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

The DEA’s first choice ended up not showing up, so agents went to work on a second choice. That was Keith Jackson, an African American resident of Anacostia and 19 year old high school senior who agents had been in contact with for months. Jackson + Bush lived in the same city, but they lived worlds apart. DC was deeply segregated, two-thirds Black, but a city where most whites cloistered in the NW corner. The halls of power in the fed govt were shut off to most Black DC residents, too.

“Where the $#@! is the White House” Jackson asked in a secretly recorded call with an undercover DEA agent.

That’s how segregated DC was.

The Agent had to explain the location to Jackson, who eventually replied, “Oh, you mean where Reagan lives."

Agents lured Jackson to Lafayette Square where they made the small purchase from him, but didn’t arrest him, on September 1. On September 5, President Bush held up the bag of crack on national TV. "This is crack cocaine...seized a few days ago in a park across the street from the White House . . . . It could easily have been heroin or PCP."

Without getting too deep into the details, Bush’s central point was this: “we need more jails, more prisons, more courts and more prosecutors.” (http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2014/...eech-escalatin)

DEA agents had decided not to immediately arrest Jackson. Not sure why, but it seems that they thought the story of a White House drug bust would make the news and undercut the drama of the President’s address. DEA agents worried Jackson would see the address and hear Bush discussing the Lafayette Square purchase and flee. But they were happy to learn that Jackson “had absolutely no idea what went on” with the national address, and they easily arrested him after the speech.

Many applauded Bush’s story of the arrest, but Kevin Zeese, a defense atty specializing in drug cases, didn't. "It's disgusting...The situation is not bad enough that they have to create a false situation? It's the government creating a hoax so they can rev up the war effort."

Keith Jackson was charged and then tried two times his senior year, once in December 1989 and again in January 1990, both times ending in hung juries. Prosecutors tried him a third time and finally got a conviction in September 1990.

At sentencing, “U.S. District Judge Stanley Sporkin told Jackson, who had no prior criminal record, that he regretted having to impose the sentence of 10 years without parole. At the same time, Sporkin urged Jackson, 19, to ask Bush for a commutation.” (Washington Post, 10/01/90)

Sporkin: "He used you, in the sense of making a big drug speech," said Sporkin, former CIA general counsel appointed to court by President Reagan in 1986. "But he's a decent man, a man of great compassion. Maybe he can find a way to reduce at least some of that sentence."

Sporkin apparently thought 10 years was too harsh, but regretted, "I've got to follow the law."" Congress had recently passed a new mandatory minimum law as part of the Anti-Drug Abuse of 1988. (WP, 10/01/90)

Bush never commuted his sentence.

According to one historian, Jackson served almost 8 years for the sale in four different prisons until being released on August 5, 1998.

For more details see: https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...l/bushdrug.htm & https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.673941594d09

This is a major part of Bush’s legacy. It’s what his War on Drugs did to just one person. But it shows the human costs of that war in miniature detail. A high schooler was lured to the WH to sell crack and spent 7+ years in prison, so that the President could make a point on TV.

Also, a clarification: despite 2 hung juries on the WH sale, prosecutors finally got convictions on 2 unrelated pre-September 1989 charges. Only after Bush's address+the first mistrial did the feds feel it necessary to charge him on prior acts. Seems they wanted to prove a point.

Got this from a University of Baltimore history professor.
    Last edited by KEEF; 12-01-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Bump

Calvin Coolidge

Rest in Peace (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsback View Post
    Rest in Peace (RIP)
    Not a chance, GOD is just.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Evil Has Died

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018...evil-has-died/

By eric - December 1, 2018

A bit of good news: George H.W. Bush is dead, finally. At least he’ll do no more harm. But the harm he did do was enough.

Like the Nazis his father did good business with, Bush wanted a New World Order – and spoke of it lovingly and often. And now it’s upon us, in no small measure because of his machinations and those of his frog-torturing, mass-murdering, war criminal son – who was elevated to the position from which he was able to commit mass murder solely on the juice provided by his connected father.

The entire Bush family is a crime syndicate that puts the Corleones to shame (with George W. Bush playing the role of Fredo).

Bush Sr. – who wasn’t in Dallas on November 22, 1963 and not a CIA officer at the time – was later proved to be both of those things. His leprous fingerprints are all over the termination of the last American president who wasn’t a wholly owned subsidiary of the military industrial complex.

The Bush family was also good friends with another family. The Hinckley family. And then a curious thing happened on March 30, 1981.

And the leprous hands assumed control of the tiller. The chastened Gipper knew where things stood after that.

In due course, the anointed one officially assumed the purple – and we got the No New Taxes his lips told us not to read.

He then worked with Clintigula to stomp Ross Perot, who told us all what was going to happen as a result of the “free trade” deals being stuffed down the throats of the American people like a pate de foi gras goose.

And they did.

And here we are.

Now there will be a period of unction and prostration before the effigy of this quintessential political hack and fixer, who used this country like a Twink at San Quentin for the advancement of his loathsome family’s interests.

It is only because of the out-of-nowhere good fortune of the Orange One that we are not currently afflicted with another Bush’s hands on the tiller. We have that to be eternally grateful for, at least.

Meanwhile, the corpse of the creature will be displayed like Lenin and Stalin for the wailing and gnashing of teeth. But the guy who takes out the trash each week is deserving of infinitely higher esteem.

He, at least, does productive work and hasn’t killed anyone.

But it is not too late to make good use of the stringy old stiff. There are homeless cats that need to be fed. Possibly also some experiments could be performed that would yield scientifically valuable information – such as how long does it take various acids to penetrate the scaly skin of bipedal reptiles? How long to render one into so many gallons of viscous goo, to be flushed down the toilet and out to sea… the only fitting burial for the thing called George H.W. Bush.

Good riddance rather than goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Evil Has Died

A bit of good news: George H.W. Bush is dead, finally. At least he’ll do no more harm. But the harm he did do was enough.

Like the Nazis his father did good business with, Bush wanted a New World Order – and spoke of it lovingly and often. And now it’s upon us, in no small measure because of his machinations and those of his frog-torturing, mass-murdering, war criminal son – who was elevated to the position from which he was able to commit mass murder solely on the juice provided by his connected father.

The entire Bush family is a crime syndicate that puts the Corleones to shame (with George W. Bush playing the role of Fredo).

Bush Sr. – who wasn’t in Dallas on November 22, 1963 and not a CIA officer at the time – was later proved to be both of those things. His leprous fingerprints are all over the termination of the last American president who wasn’t a wholly owned subsidiary of the military industrial complex.

The Bush family was also good friends with another family. The Hinckley family. And then a curious thing happened on March 30, 1981.

And the leprous hands assumed control of the tiller. The chastened Gipper knew where things stood after that.

In due course, the anointed one officially assumed the purple – and we got the No New Taxes his lips told us not to read.

He then worked with Clintigula to stomp Ross Perot, who told us all what was going to happen as a result of the “free trade” deals being stuffed down the throats of the American people like a pate de foi gras goose.

And they did.

And here we are.

Now there will be a period of unction and prostration before the effigy of this quintessential political hack and fixer, who used this country like a Twink at San Quentin for the advancement of his loathsome family’s interests.

It is only because of the out-of-nowhere good fortune of the Orange One that we are not currently afflicted with another Bush’s hands on the tiller. We have that to be eternally grateful for, at least.

Meanwhile, the corpse of the creature will be displayed like Lenin and Stalin for the wailing and gnashing of teeth. But the guy who takes out the trash each week is deserving of infinitely higher esteem.

But it is not too late to make good use of the stringy old stiff. There are homeless cats that need to be fed. Possibly also some experiments could be performed that would yield scientifically valuable information – such as how long does it take various acids to penetrate the scaly skin of bipedal reptiles? How long to render one into so many gallons of viscous goo, to be flushed down the toilet and out to sea… the only fitting burial for the thing called George H.W. Bush.

+Rep

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Evil Has Died

And they did.

And here we are.

He should have left out this part (not that it isn't true). Just can't share it now as others will dismiss the whole article because of that being in there.

"Bush Sr. – who wasn’t in Dallas on November 22, 1963 and not a CIA officer at the time – was later proved to be both of those things. His leprous fingerprints are all over the termination of the last American president who wasn’t a wholly owned subsidiary of the military industrial complex.

The Bush family was also good friends with another family. The Hinckley family. And then a curious thing happened on March 30, 1981."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I heard on the radio that Trump has declared Wednesday as a National Day of Mourning for the dead Bush.

Apparently, Federal employees will get the day off. The one's vital to security still have to go to work, though.

“It is with great sadness that we mark the passing of one of America’s greatest points of light,” Trump said in the statement … I invite the people of the world who share our grief to join us in this solemn observance,” the statement said.
    Point of light?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    edit: nothing nice to say.
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 12-06-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    “It is with great sadness that we mark the passing of one of America’s greatest points of light,” Trump said in the statement … I invite the people of the world who share our grief to join us in this solemn observance,” the statement said.
    Point of light?
    Code for "NWO elitist".

(One down, 999 to go ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Point of light?
    Black Light
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Not a chance, GOD is just.
    Absolutely. He has to answer to God now.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast