Thread: Google Reveals Plans to Monitor Our Moods, Our Movements, and Our Children's Behavior at Home

Google Reveals Plans to Monitor Our Moods, Our Movements, and Our Children's Behavior at Home

Patents recently issued to Google provide a window into their development activities. While it’s no guarantee of a future product, it is a sure indication of what’s of interest to them. What we’ve given up in privacy to Google, Facebook, and others thus far is minuscule compared to what is coming if these companies get their way.
    These patents tell us that Google is developing smart-home products that are capable of eavesdropping on us throughout our home in order to learn more about us and better target us with advertising. It goes much further than the current Google Home speaker that’s promoted to answer our questions and provide useful information, and the Google-owned Nest thermostat that measures environmental conditions in our home. What the patents describe are sensors and cameras mounted in every room to follow us and analyze what we’re doing throughout our home.
    They describe how the cameras can even recognize the image of a movie star’s image on a resident’s t-shirt, connect it to the person’s browsing history, and send the person an ad for a new movie the star is in.

One patent, No. 10,114,351, reads, “According to embodiments of this disclosure, a smart-home environment may be provided with smart-device environment policies that use smart-devices to monitor activities within a smart-device environment, report on these activities, and/or provide smart-device control based upon these activities.”
    So clearly they want to monitor us and report back what we are doing.

It goes on to describe an example in the usual patent legalese. But it’s worth providing here the exact description for you to see, in particular, the last sentence:
    By way of example, the high-power processor 20 and the low-power processor 22 may detect when a location (e.g., a house or room) is occupied (i.e., includes a presence of a human), up to and including whether it is occupied by a specific person or is occupied by a specific number of people (e.g., relative to one or more thresholds). In one embodiment, this detection can occur, e.g., by analyzing microphone signals, detecting user movements (e.g., in front of a device), detecting openings and closings of doors or garage doors, detecting wireless signals, detecting an internet protocol (IP) address of a received signal, detecting operation of one or more devices within a time window, or the like. Moreover, the high-power processor 20 and the low-power processor 22 may include image recognition technology to identify particular occupants or objects.
    In other words, the goal is to track us throughout the home — observing who is in each room, where we are moving, and what we are doing.

But there's even more. According to The Atlantic:
    A second patent proposes a smart-home system that would help run the household, using sensors and cameras to restrict kids’ behavior. Parents could program a device to note if it overhears 'foul language' from children, scan internet usage for mature or objectionable content, or use 'occupancy sensors' to determine if certain areas of the house are accessed while they’re gone— for example, the liquor cabinet. The system could be set to 'change a smart lighting system color to red and flash the lights' as a warning to children or even power off lights and devices if they’re grounded.
    “The language of these patents makes it clear that Google is acutely aware of the powers of inference it has already, even without cameras, by augmenting speakers to recognize the noises you make as you move around the house," The Atlantic wrote. "The auditory inferences are startling: Google’s smart-home system can infer 'if a household member is working' from 'an audio signature of keyboard clicking, a desk chair moving, and/or papers shuffling.' Google can make inferences on your mood based on whether it hears raised voices or crying, on when you’re in the kitchen based on the sound of the fridge door opening, on your dental hygiene based on 'the sounds and/or images of teeth brushing.'"

More at: https://pjmedia.com/trending/google-...rens-behavior/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And idiot AmeriKunts will fall all over themselves, will trample each other half to death at "Black Friday" sales to buy this nonsense.

I hate like hell even commenting on the continuing crisis anymore, as my attitude is "$#@! 'em, they deserve what they are going to get".

Trouble is, the idiot $#@!ers will drag me down with them.

Time to find a suitable viewing area overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And idiot AmeriKunts will fall all over themselves, will trample each other half to death at "Black Friday" sales to buy this nonsense.

I hate like hell even commenting on the continuing crisis anymore, as my attitude is "$#@! 'em, they deserve what they are going to get".

Let me know if you do.
    "The Patriarch"

First of all these companies are pretty much run by .gov- second most people live in The Matrix.

These reasons are why I m against more gov involvement in MAGA, protecting mah culture, military everywhere, more laws, more laws, more laws. Get .gov out of everything & let's experience some real freedom.
    There is no spoon.

I doubt you will find any place better.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    First of all these companies are pretty much run by .gov- second most people live in The Matrix.

These reasons are why I m against more gov involvement in MAGA, protecting mah culture, military everywhere, more laws, more laws, more laws. Get .gov out of everything & let's experience some real freedom.
    It's too bad the invaders want even more government.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Have you ever put a crab in a bucket? By itself, it can get out. But put it in with a bunch of crabs and they all do a fantastic job of preventing even one from escaping. This is what this sea of Internet of Everything has turned into. Its not providing anything useful to us. Its feeding Surveillance As A Service, and that $#@! has to stop.

Behavioral Control is the most difficult and sought after tech of Tyrannies. You can prevent people from revolting if you can prevent them from organizing. And you can prevent them from organizing by getting the Firestarters early enough that no one else hears their words of wisdom. Hence, Censorship City.

Surveillance IS Tech Tyranny. Welcome to the Technocracy.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

What will they send you if you're wearing a Ron Paul T-shirt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    A SWAT team?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    If its anything like China's Social Credit, to be fully implemented in Beijing by 2020, it will be a MAJOR hit to your score, which means you wont be allowed to get a loan, a job, travel, friends will reject you to protect their own Credit Scores, leaving anyone with the wisdom to so much as think for themselves out in the cold and starving to death. The loopholes that are supposedly in place to prevent people from falling completely are there to exclude those that oppose this Technocracy.

Google gets paid by the Govt to surveil everyone because Govt is "not allowed" to do it. Not that they even follow their own rules. Monitoring behavior of children becomes a strong predictor of adult behavior, and is also used in service for marketing, thus, exploitation. Only "good" citizens are offered cars or homes or $#@!ty education. Thing is, their definition of the word "good" means obedient, stupid, non thinking Consumers, not those who place value on the freedom of ALL PEOPLE from CORPORATE TYRANNY.

The other big side is all this Data is always used AGAINST YOU. Disobey and be shunned, fined, imprisoned, or killed. There is always a way to make money on you, regardless of your position in life. In the end, they will have all the cards and the people will be left homeless on the very continent so many people initially escaped to in an effort to be free of the same Tyranny that now threatens humanity. Supporters of Freedom will be the Jews of the Next Holocaust.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

https://www.minds.com/gocat/blog/goo...70959571746816

Google isn’t a search company anymore (study)

Google data collection research
    Google isn’t a search company anymore, they’re a tracking company. Google trackers have been found on 75% of the top million websites.

Investigation by the Associated Press revealed that Google continues to track location data even after a consumer has turned off the setting. In “Google Data Collection,” Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor of Computer Science at Vanderbilt University, catalogs how much data Google is collecting about consumers.

The key findings include:

1. A dormant, stationary Android phone (with the Chrome browser) communicated location information to Google 340 times during a 24-hour period. In fact, location information constituted 35 percent of all the data samples sent to Google.

2. A similar experiment found that on an iOS device with Safari but not Chrome, Google could not collect any appreciable data unless a user was interacting with the device. Moreover, an idle Android phone running the Chrome browser sends back to Google nearly 50 times as many data requests per hour as an idle iOS phone running Safari.

3. An idle Android device communicates with Google nearly 10 times more frequently as an Apple device communicates with Apple servers. These results highlighted the fact that Android and Chrome platforms are critical vehicles for Google’s data collection. Again, these experiments were done on stationary phones with NO USER INTERACTIONS. If you actually use your phone the information collection increases with Google.

4. Google has the ability to associate anonymous data collected through passive means with the personal information of the user. Google makes this association largely through advertising technologies, many of which Google controls. Advertising identifiers—which are purportedly “user anonymous” and collect activity data on apps and third-party webpage visits—can get associated with a user’s real Google identity through passing of device-level identification information to Google servers by an Android device.

5. DoubleClick cookie ID—which tracks a user’s activity on the third-party webpages—is another purportedly “user anonymous” identifier that Google can associate to a user’s Google account. It works when a user accesses a Google application in the same browser in which a third-party webpage was accessed previously.

6. A major part of Google’s data collection occurs while a user is not directly engaged with any of its products. The magnitude of such collection is significant, especially on Android mobile devices, arguably the most popular personal accessory now carried 24/7 by more than 2 billion people.

If you use Android (Google owns them), then Google is also tracking:

- Every place you’ve been via Google Location Services.
    - How often you use your apps, when you use them, where you use them, and whom you use them to interact with.
    - All of your text messages, which unlike on iOS, are not encrypted by default.
    - Your photos (even in some cases the ones you’ve deleted)

When you search on Google, they keep your search history forever. That means they know every search you’ve ever done on Google. You can live Google Free. Find more about it here:
    https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/904330425765335040

Sources:
    https://www.quora.com/What-does-Goog...briel-Weinberg
    https://digitalcontentnext.org/blog/...tion-research/
    "The Patriarch"

Friends dont let Friends use Google or Facebook.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Friends dont let Friends use Google or Facebook.
    What do friends suggest that friends use for search engine?

https://start.duckduckgo.com or https://www.startpage.com

Both are dubious however as they are hosted on Amazon servers.

There were a few Google Scrapers but I havent seen any of them around for a long time.

One other place people might try doing research on specific subjects might be a BOOK or LIBRARY.
    1776 > 1984