Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else find it really odd being on the same side as Lindsey Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Nobody started liking him, apparently you aren't very smart.
    Yeah I think for me at I can't disagree with ops title. Being on the same side (America) as Graham with people like Graham starting wars does feel odd. Yet the subject of the post was about a side show that was orchestrated to make the guy look better and scam people's money.

This is sort of stuff manipulates people all the time, it's double think.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    It is strange to me that we have anyone here that can't see the difference between normal (2 sides of the same coin) politics and what is happening now. The normal statist machine loves Clinton/Bush politicians and they fear Trump politics. This is not a game of theater that TPTB control, it is genuine fear. They can't control Trump and that scares the crap out of them.

The game has changed.
    Yes, it does, and yes, it has.

I'm, quite frankly, amazed that somebody has not taken a shot at him yet.

The near unilateral roar of disapproval from the usual suspects indicates that he has pissed off all the right people and they don't know what to do about it.

Nobody started liking him, apparently you aren't very smart.
    That hurts.

On second thought, his oh so passionate[ly gay] rambling about unjust travesties and mockeries of justice have persuaded me greatly.

First, let's try Lindsay Graham for his guilt in effecting war crimes and crimes against humanity/the American people in general and then we can concern ourselves with the oh so pressing matter of potential robed kangaroo's potential scores ago crimes.

Though admittedly I am not so sophisticated as to give two $#@!s about what any of them say so forgive me if I don't quite understand your adulation.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    That hurts.

On second thought, his oh so passionate[ly gay] rambling about unjust travesties and mockeries of justice have persuaded me greatly.

First, let's try Lindsay Graham for his guilt in effecting war crimes and crimes against humanity/the American people in general and then we can concern ourselves with the oh so pressing matter of potential robed kangaroo's potential scores ago crimes.

Though admittedly I am not so sophisticated as to give two $#@!s about what any of them say so forgive me if I don't quite understand your adulation.
    What adulation?

I have said repeatedly that I wanted someone better than Kavanaugh and that Graham is no good, the point is that the Demoncrats are trying to create a precedent that will allow them to block the appointment or election of anyone to the right of Marx by digging up a few liars to make obviously false accusations.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    The most unethical sham of his career in politics? That is quite clearly bs.

Wasn't he one of the chief liars who led the United States into immoral wars around the world?

It is hard to get past that sensationalized bit.
    Ya I know, 9/11 was worse, and the response to that was even worse. But somebody needed to get up and say what he did. I still don't like him, but for those 5 minutes he was the only person in the room willing to get up and say the right thing.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I know, 9/11 was worse, and the response to that was even worse. But somebody needed to get up and say what he did. I still don't like him, but for those 5 minutes he was the only person in the room willing to get up and say the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Fellow Patriot Tom Cotton has the heart to say what many won't.

Five minutes of truth... you don't want to miss this.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Brother, maybe I'm being naive, but I want to think that Trump IS the "something different".

In 2016 I did not think that, but after a couple years and closely watching all of this, I've come to think that maybe, just maybe, he is.

I know this for a fact: he has all the right enemies.
    Been a long time since I posted here. This is an awesome truth Bomb AF, and represents my thoughts exactly.

One thing I have not seen many people talking about is how awesome it would be if Dems shoot themselves in the foot by blocking Kavenough, pissing off half the country in the process, thereby losing the November Midterms, and then we get an even more conservative SCJ like Amy Coney Barrett.

I do find it funny how Graham says what happened with Kavanaugh is one of the most unethical things he's ever seen. Since when did politicians care about ethics?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I do find it funny how Graham says what happened with Kavanaugh is one of the most unethical things he's ever seen. Since when did politicians care about ethics?
    GOP is finally learning from DNC, starts posturing and beats them at their own game. Suckers didn't know how to play before.

Quote Originally Posted by Qdog View Post
    Been a long time since I posted here. This is an awesome truth Bomb AF, and represents my thoughts exactly.
    If only there was a way to harvest large amounts of information about the pulse of the people, run it through high powered automated analytics, from those results formulate a plan to determine how best to continue to manipulate the people, then disseminate that plan to controlled people in positions of influence.

That would be amazing and scary! I'm glad that's the stuff of sci-fi films only and way off in the future...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Anyone else find it really odd being on the same side as Lindsey Graham?
    Enjoying Graham attacking the Democrat clowns in the Senate and their disingenuous, salacious circus does not necessarily put him “on the same side”.

More of an enemy of my enemy situation.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Enjoying Graham attacking the Democrat clowns in the Senate and their disingenuous, salacious circus does not necessarily put him “on the same side”.
    No, but it does indicate that you're getting caught up in the show. I get the whole, "enemy of my enemy" thing, but they are ALL our enemies. They can fight over that power using clever one-liners and despicable tactics all they want - it's still a battle to determine who will control us. We mustn't get so caught up in the circus that we forget the fact that they are all clowns.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    No, but it does indicate that you're getting caught up in the show. I get the whole, "enemy of my enemy" thing, but they are ALL our enemies. They can fight over that power using clever one-liners and despicable tactics all they want - it's still a battle to determine who will control us. We mustn't get so caught up in the circus that we forget the fact that they are all clowns.
    If a major theme of the "show" is due process, then that is a good excuse to step in and promote it. That's what Lindsey Graham was doing, too.

What you still don't understand was that this was a much bigger issue than Judge Kavanaugh.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by anti federalist
    Brother, maybe I'm being naive, but I want to think that Trump IS the "something different".

In 2016 I did not think that, but after a couple years and closely watching all of this, I've come to think that maybe, just maybe, he is.

I know this for a fact: he has all the right enemies.
    If a major theme of the "show" is due process, then that is a good excuse to step in and promote it. That's what Lindsey Graham was doing, too.

What you still don't understand was that this was a much bigger issue than Judge Kavanaugh.
    The irony of equating Lindsay Graham and Judge Kavanaugh with anything related to "due process" is too absurd (and obvious) to bother with beyond pointing out said irony.

Btw, anybody else notice that AF's name keeps adding and removing the dash between the two words periodically?
    Last edited by devil21; 10-08-2018 at 12:37 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The irony of equating Lindsay Graham and Judge Kavanaugh with anything related to "due process" is too absurd (and obvious) to bother with beyond pointing out said irony.
    The issue at hand was due process, and Lindsey Graham was on the correct side of the issue. I am completely aware that Lindsey Graham is not always on the side of due process, and so is everybody else here.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't argue for due process, which is what your position seems to be, or that we should ignore when Lindsey Graham is on the correct side of the issue when he has the power to voice his concerns.

Kavanaugh is a guy who has lifed his whole life in highly sheltered environments among the professional set. There's a certain type of dirty "street" behavior that he simply could not have been familiar with by experience... until it rape hoaxed him personally.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Associate Justice Kavanaugh, influenced by people like Clarence Thomas, ends up having "champion of due process" as his legacy. Every time he reads "Justice Kavanaugh, who has been accused of rape, ..." will push him further and further in that direction. And he's read it a LOT already, and will continue to read it for the rest of his life.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The issue at hand was due process, and Lindsey Graham was on the correct side of the issue. I am completely aware that Lindsey Graham is not always on the side of due process, and so is everybody else here.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't argue for due process, which is what your position seems to be, or that we should ignore when Lindsey Graham is on the correct side of the issue when he has the power to voice his concerns.
    It's quite clearly a case of due process for me but not for thee! After all, these are advocates of indefinite detention and domestic spying we are talking about.

Bump.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Last edited by kahless; 02-14-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

This deserves to be repeated. +rep
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    This deserves to be repeated. +rep
    Yeah lets never discuss our observations on current events in a public internet forum. Just let the forum die. Got it.

That basically summarizes the entire point of your posting history to others in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Yeah lets never discuss our observations on current events in a public internet forum. Just let the forum die. Got it.

That basically summarizes the entire point of your posting history to others in this forum.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The very expression I have when I read your smug ass posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The very expression I have when I read your smug ass posts.
    I'm crushed. Here's a thought; don't read them. I promise it won't hurt my feelings in the least. It's not like you ever grasp the salient points anyway. Just retreat on back into your MAGA fantasyland and save yourself some pain.
    Chris

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast