Thread: Farage: The only option is a clean break Brexit

Farage: The only option is a clean break Brexit

FAO Zippyjuan. Farage isn't calling for a deal.. he wants a WTO Brexit.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They will figure how out how to delay it. The people didn't choose correctly.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Yay! Automatic tariffs on UK imports and exports! Exports to the EU account for almost 14% of the UK economy and last quarter their GDP growth was negative (their economy shrank). These tariffs will make it worse. (I have been saying all along I don't see any deal happening).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-10-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yay! Automatic tariffs on UK imports and exports! Exports to the EU account for almost 14% of the UK economy and last quarter their GDP growth was negative (their economy shrank). These tariffs will make it worse. (I have been saying all along I don't see any deal happening).
    The EU will be worse off and will be motivated to make a good deal instead of trying to punish the UK for leaving or make it decide to stay.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You're forgetting that Farage won an election with this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You're forgetting that Farage won an election with this message.
    He hasn't personally won any elections. His party did get the most votes (still less than one third of votes at 32%- hardly majority support) in the European Parliamentary Elections.

The EU will be worse off and will be motivated to make a good deal instead of trying to punish the UK for leaving or make it decide to stay.
    Yes, we are aware that you love taxes which is why you always seem to support tariffs.

Yes, we are aware that you love taxes which is why you always seem to support tariffs.
    You love taxes, that's why you want the EU to be able to keep extorting the UK.

A good deal (which is the goal) should have low tariffs.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Brexit deal could be clinched by the end of October to allow the United Kingdom to leave the European Union in an orderly fashion, Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar said after what he called a very positive meeting with Boris Johnson.With just three weeks to go before the United Kingdom is due to leave the world's biggest trading bloc, it remains unclear on what terms it will leave or indeed whether it will leave at all.
    After Brexit descended into a public row between London and Brussels earlier this week, Johnson, the British prime minister, met Varadkar at Thornton Manor in Cheshire on Thursday in a last ditch bid to avert an acrimonious divorce or another delay.
    "I think it is possible for us to come to an agreement, to have a treaty agreed, to allow the UK to leave the EU in an orderly fashion and to have that done by the end of October," Varadkar told Irish reporters.
    "But there's many a slip between cup and lip and lots of things that are not in my control," he said.
    When asked about who made concessions to break the impasse, Varadkar said: "I don't think this should be seen in the context of who's making concessions, or who the winners and losers are, I don't think that's the game any of us want to play."
    In a joint statement, the two leaders said they "could see a pathway to a possible deal" and that the EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier would meet his British counterpart Steve Barclay in Brussels on Friday.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/last-chance-b...065624234.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If the long odds work out and Johnson reaches an agreement with Ireland, he still would have to sell it to the EU and Parliament.

"But there's many a slip between cup and lip and lots of things that are not in my control," he said.

And the US is their largest single country trading partner, one in which they have a net-export; vs a net-import from the EU. And trump has already indicated he would want to work out a trade deal with the UK if they ever get their Brexit stuff taken care of.

Wrong as usual. The UK relies on their EU exports for 14% of their GDP. On the other hand, the EU only gets 2.3% of their GDP from exports to the UK. The UK is six times more reliant on trade between the EU and the UK than EU relies on the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And the US is their largest single country trading partner, one in which they have a net-export; vs a net-import from the EU. And trump has already indicated he would want to work out a trade deal with the UK if they ever get their Brexit stuff taken care of.
    If you look by just one country, yes, the US is their largest export customer. But if you take the EU as a whole (and the WTO automatic tariffs will apply to all EU countries trade with the UK), the US is far behind. The UK exports about $275 billion to the EU and only $65 billion to the US- one quarter of their EU exports.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46...ion%20database).

Trump says he will do a lot of things he never does. He will get a trade deal with China. He will get a new trade deal with the EU. It will be "so easy". Still nothing.

Trump says he will do a lot of things he never does. He will get a trade deal with China. He will get a new trade deal with the EU. It will be "so easy". Still nothing.
    The UK is not china, and Trump has shown much enthusiasm for playing trade dealer. I have no doubt he means it in regards to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The UK is not china, and Trump has shown much enthusiasm for playing trade dealer. I have no doubt he means it in regards to the UK.
    He prefers the photo op to the actual work of getting the details worked out.

Wrong as usual. The UK relies on their EU exports for 14% of their GDP. On the other hand, the EU only gets 2.3% of their GDP from exports to the UK. The UK is six times more reliant on trade between the EU and the UK than EU relies on the UK.
    The EU is far more dependent on British money than the other way around, not only does it need the money from trade more than the UK does because it's economy is so much worse but it will lose all the money the EU takes from the UK directly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The EU is far more dependent on British money than the other way around, not only does it need the money from trade more than the UK does because it's economy is so much worse but it will lose all the money the EU takes from the UK directly.
    We already established that the UK is six times more reliant on trade with the EU in terms of their GDP. Link to how much net money the UK gives to the EU directly?

UK also receives money from the EU in subsidies for example so I would like to see net figures.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-48880939

Brexit: EU subsidy loss 'could wipe out farms'

With three months to go before the UK could leave the European Union (EU), farmers say they still face uncertainty about future subsidy levels.

Last year farmers received £3.5bn in financial support through the EU's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).

One farmer from York said he feared farms could soon be "wiped out like the coal industry".

The government said farmers had been told subsidy levels would be maintained until the next general election.

But the National Audit Office said farmers had been left unable to plan for the future and the main farming union called for "cast-iron commitments" from the government.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-11-2019 at 03:16 PM.

We already established that the UK is six times more reliant on trade with the EU in terms of their GDP.
    No, we have not, they can afford the loss more than the EU can.

Link to how much net money the UK gives to the EU directly?
    Goo look for yourself.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, we have not, they can afford the loss more than the EU can.
    Sure, it is much easier to face losing 14% of your GDP than 2% of GDP. Much cheaper! (actually they won't lose all of that but will lose some when the automatic tariffs kick in). Especially when the UK GDP is already declining. More fake news.

Goo look for yourself.
    I did not expect you to bother to support your claims- you rarely do. But in this case, you are sort of right. The UK is a net contributor to the EU- £6.55bn a year which is not that much (about $8 billion US and 0.32% of their GDP). The EU has a gdp of $18.7 trillion a year.

Germany, with a net contribution of €12.8bn, was the largest contributor, followed by the UK, with €7.43bn (£6.55bn).

Each country pays the same proportion of its national income to the EU budget, so richer countries pay more and poorer ones less. Some countries, such as the UK, pay less because they receive a rebate.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48256318
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-11-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Sure, it is much easier to face losing 14% of your GDP than 2% of GDP. Much cheaper! (actually they won't lose all of that but will lose some when the automatic tariffs kick in). Especially when the UK GDP is already declining. More fake news.

I did not expect you to bother to support your claims- you rarely do. But in this case, you are sort of right. The UK is a net contributor to the EU- £6.55bn a year which is not that much (about $8 billion US and 0.32% of their GDP). The EU has a gdp of $18.7 trillion a year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48256318
    When you are almost bankrupt you need every penny of your income.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Whatever happens, it will be worse than the status quo, for everyone, though more so for Britain than the Continent.

Whatever happens, the nationalist faction in Britain will complain that globalists caused it, and remain troublesome.

The EU absolutely must do two things: (a) not give Britain a good deal, and (b) get Britain out ASAP.

Failure on either front will seriously undermine the EU going forward.

They seem far too concerned with avoiding the perception of blame; do what's sensible now, history will vindicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Whatever happens, it will be worse than the status quo, for everyone, though more so for Britain than the Continent.

Whatever happens, the nationalist faction in Britain will complain that globalists caused it, and remain troublesome.

The EU absolutely must do two things: (a) not give Britain a good deal, and (b) get Britain out ASAP.

They seem far too concerned with avoiding the perception of blame; do what's sensible now, history will vindicate it.
    LOL

Keep on dreaming, the EU is doomed already and the UK will be far better for leaving before it collapses.
    The EU will be back with its tail between its legs begging for a deal on the UK's terms and they know it, that's why they are so desperate to get an unfair deal or prevent BREXIT with the aid of the treasonous remainics.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

... .

Seriously undermining the EU 'going forward' would be a good thing,
    eliminating it would be a great thing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.