Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey set to invade Syria; US to remove forces from area

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Interesting. Hope US troops actually get removed and come home.
    More likely they will be redeployed to some other sandbox or tropical cesspool with a lower public profile. There's money to be made and the swamp is nowhere near drained.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Liz Cheney calls Trump's Syria move 'a catastrophic mistake'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...rophic-mistake
    She can blow me.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The spambot is going ballistic and trying to portray Trump's pulling out of Syria as a bad thing, it obviously has a zionist warmonger agenda in spite of its attempts to feign otherwise, Trump has never been the warmonger it wants so it has constantly tried to trick those who support him for not being a warmonger into rejecting him so he can be replaced by a zionist approved warmonger.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Q Mr. President, are you confident that — are you confident that these gentlemen — I guess, mostly who are sitting around you — believe what you’re doing in Syria is the best idea at this point?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’ve been in Syria for a long time.
    And it was supposed to be a very short hit, and — hit on ISIS. But it didn’t work out that way. They never left. And they’ve been there for many, many years. And we are — we were down to very few soldiers in Syria. We had 50 in the region that you’re talking about — 50 soldiers — and they’ve been already moved out.

But we’ll see what happens with respect to a lot of different things. We’ve told Turkey — I spoke with President Erdoğan of Turkey, and I said, “Got to treat them good, and you got to take care of ISIS.” Don’t forget, we’ve captured — we defeated — this group, largely — defeated ISIS. One hundred percent of the caliphate. One hundred percent. And we wanted to do 100 percent. I was going to do this nine months ago, and we were not at 100 percent, but we were pretty close. Everyone said, “Can we get to 100 percent?” Now I get to 100 percent, and they say, “Well, maybe we could stay longer.” I say, “Well, when do we get out?” There’s got to be a time we get out. We have to bring our people back home.
    And frankly, our great soldiers have been talking about this on the campaign. You go back three years ago and more, and you watch the speeches. We want to bring our soldiers back home. These are the endless wars.
    And we’re not fighting; we’re policing, to a large extent. We’re policing in certain areas. We’re not police, we’re — these are fighters, great fighters; the greatest in the world. And that’s what they do.
    So I’ve told President Erdoğan — I hope he’s going to treat everybody with great respect. You have to understand, they’ve been fighting various of the people that we were working with, and they — Turkey has been fighting them for many years. Somebody said hundreds of years. You had just mentioned to me yesterday, 200 years, maybe more.
    At some point, we have to bring our people back home. And that’s what we’re doing. That’s what we’re doing.
    Q Is it a firm decision, sir?
    THE PRESIDENT: It’s always a firm decision. Last time I made a firm decision, but — and I said, “We’ll do it over a period of time.” We’ve been doing this, actually, over a period of time — over a very long period of time. And we’ve been working with the people in this room, and our soldiers have been coming back over that period of time.

More at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...itary-leaders/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Did you dig out your sock puppet to clean it after all those lonely nights, or were you just going to have to use it again?
    If you squint real hard, it looks like a real poster.
    You seem agitated that you cannot defend Trump’s delusions of grandeur. Perhaps you even agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    "Orange Man BAD!" is all you've got.
    I think it is you who has to consider that you’ve got literally nothing left to defend Donald. Follow your Dear Leader despite his delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    I think it is you who has to consider that you’ve got literally nothing left to defend Donald. Follow your Dear Leader despite his delusions.
    LOL

DJTvsg is the best POTUS since Coolidge and his recent decision to finish pulling out of Syria proves it.

You've got nothing of substance so you are trying a pathetic attack on his style.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Spammy spam spam spam spam
    Debatable new viral spam technique shows spamming with copy and paste is not pro-MAGA zionist funded networking.

Related:

MAGA non-Spammer is Dead to Me
    Last edited by UWDude; 10-08-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    More likely they will be redeployed to some other sandbox or tropical cesspool with a lower public profile. There's money to be made and the swamp is nowhere near drained.

XNN
    I believe they are just moving to another part of Syria rather than get in the way of Turkey going after the Christian Kurds. Kurds were the ones doing most of the fighting against ISIS (which Trump was taking credit for) and helped stabilize Iraq. Trump said he would never forget them and their sacrifice. Didn't take long to forget. People will be much less willing to help the US with anything in the future. Trump is all about Trump.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...est-in-turkey/

Whatever else it may be, Trump’s policy toward Turkey is also a significant conflict of interest, as Trump himself has admitted. In 2015, while running for president, Trump gave an interview to Stephen Bannon, not yet his campaign manager, in which he talked about Turkey. Right away, he admitted that his business interests in the country would make it difficult for him to deal with Turkey with a clear mind.

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, left, and U.S. President Donald Trump at the June 2019 G-20 conference in Osaka, Japan. Presidential Press Service/Pool Photo via AP

Late Sunday night, the Trump administration announced that US troops would be pulling back from their positions northern Syria, allowing Turkey to move into a region controlled by Kurdish forces that had fought with the US against ISIS. Trump’s announcement is a big win for Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and it has already enraged many in American national security circles—including Trump allies—who say it reverses years of US policy. Kurdish leaders are being more blunt, saying it qualifies as a betrayal.

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul.”
    Whatever else it may be, Trump’s policy toward Turkey is also a significant conflict of interest, as Trump himself has admitted. In 2015, while running for president, Trump gave an interview to Stephen Bannon, not yet his campaign manager, in which he talked about Turkey. Right away, he admitted that his business interests in the country would make it difficult for him to deal with Turkey with a clear mind.

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Bannon during a Breitbart radio show. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

Those Trump Towers are a pair of glass buildings in Istanbul that have borne Trump’s name since 2012. Trump doesn’t own the buildings—the situation might be less complicated if he did. Instead, Trump licenses his brand to the building’s actual owner, Turkish business magnate Aydin Dogan, who has been described as the single largest payer of taxes in Turkey. He’s a one-time antagonist of Erdogan who is now in step with the strongman.

The conflict of interest and the way it could affect Trump’s position on important issues—or at least the perception of how it could affect his position—quickly became obvious after Trump made this comment. In June 2016, after Trump said he supported a ban on immigration by people from countries he said were associated with Islamic terrorism—he called them “terror countries”—Erdogan objected, and so did Dogan, and both threatened to remove Trump’s name from the buildings.

That’s no small threat—according to personal financial disclosures filed by Trump, since he launched his bid for the presidency, he has earned somewhere between $3.2 million and $17 million in royalties from the deal. (The amounts are given in ranges; the precise figures are unclear.)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Kurds were the ones doing most of the fighting against ISIS
    Total lie.

The SAA (Assads Syrian Arab Army) killed by far the most ISIS fighters. the Kurds did not even care about ISIS until Assad wiped out ISIS in the east and started heading for the Euphrates. Then the Kurds suddenly started fighting ISIS to grab as much land as possible before Assad arrived.

Kurds have always had the option of rejoining Syria. They dont have to be slaughtered by the Turks.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Turkey going after the Christian Kurds
    total lie #2

Turkey is going after all Kurds, not just the tiny minority of Kurds that are Christian. (most Kurds are muslim)

but how informed do you expect from somebody who gets his news from the MSM?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump Endorses Turkish Military Operation in Syria, Shifting U.S. Policy
    Trump Criticized For Breaking With Longstanding American Tradition Of Remaining In Middle Eastern Countries Indefinitely

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Total lie.

The SAA (Assads Syrian Arab Army) killed by far the most ISIS fighters. the Kurds did not even care about ISIS until Assad wiped out ISIS in the east and started heading for the Euphrates. Then the Kurds suddenly started fighting ISIS to grab as much land as possible before Assad arrived.

Kurds have always had the option of rejoining Syria. They dont have to be slaughtered by the Turks.
    Zippy at it again pushing neocon policies. Somethings just never change around here

Trump said the approximately 1,000 U.S. troops who had been partnering with local Kurdish fighters to battle IS in northern Syria are leaving the country. They will remain in the Middle East, he said, to "monitor the situation" and to prevent a revival of IS — a goal that even Trump's allies say has become much harder as a result of the U.S. pullout.

American troops consolidated their positions in northern Syria on Monday and prepared to evacuate equipment in advance of a full withdrawal, a U.S. defense official said.
    The official, who was not authorized to be quoted by name, said U.S. officials were weighing options for a potential future counter-IS campaign, including the possibility of waging it with a combination of air power and special operations forces based outside Syria, perhaps in Iraq.
    The hurried preparations for a U.S. exit were triggered by Trump's decision Saturday to expand a limited troop pullout into a complete withdrawal.

The only exception to the U.S. withdrawal from Syria is a group of perhaps 200 troops who will remain at a base called Tanf in southern Syria near the Jordanian border along the strategically important Baghdad-to-Damascus highway. Those troops work with Syrian opposition forces unrelated to the Kurdish-led fighters in northern Syria.
    Esper said the U.S. withdrawal would be done carefully to protect the troops and to ensure no U.S. equipment was left behind. He declined to say how long that might take.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-pulling-no...043158088.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

After defeating 100% of the ISIS Caliphate, I largely moved our troops out of Syria. Let Syria and Assad protect the Kurds and fight Turkey for their own land. I said to my Generals, why should we be fighting for Syria….
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2019
    ….and Assad to protect the land of our enemy? Anyone who wants to assist Syria in protecting the Kurds is good with me, whether it is Russia, China, or Napoleon Bonaparte. I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!
    Some people want the United States to protect the 7,000 mile away Border of Syria, presided over by Bashar al-Assad, our enemy. At the same time, Syria and whoever they chose to help, wants naturally to protect the Kurds….
    ….I would much rather focus on our Southern Border which abuts and is part of the United States of America. And by the way, numbers are way down and the WALL is being built!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump said the approximately 1,000 U.S. troops who had been partnering with local Kurdish fighters to battle IS in northern Syria are leaving the country.
    Sounds legit.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If a new civil started between Putin's emerging allies and Israel's recent enemies Iran and Turkey as result of latest MAGA encouraged fighting in Syria, without any US troops there we'll have no way to extert influence. So troops are not leaving Syria now.

With Putin's help, Iran and Turkey were becoming dangerously close

Smart 3D move by MAGA to invite Turkey's military in Syria, a step that Iran had opposed. This may boost same strategic puprposes as were aimed with Iran sanctions and Syria bombing earlier but with lesser hands on involvement.

Credit shoud also go to Netanyahu and Sheldon Adelson for going along with such a visionary step.

Related

US sending thousands of more troops to mideast, total to reach 14,000

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    She would believe this. Shes that goddamn stupid.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123