Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brazil's Leftist Workers' Party Dominates Polls

@Firestarter - you're from the Islamic Republic of the Netherlands, Province of the Fourth Reich, where you can get arrested for saying bad things about Islam... why do you even care about Brazil or Steve Bannon at all? What's your skin in this game?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Is the "best option" always the candidate supported by Steve Bannon?
    Bannon has nothing to do with it, I gave you one example of something very good about Bolsonaro, I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of his opponents is/was better and why.

I'm not Brazilian and I don't know much about any of the candidates so if you make a good case I have an open mind but right now all I know is a few good things about Bolsonaro and only bad things about his opposition.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    @Firestarter - you're from the Islamic Republic of the Netherlands, Province of the Fourth Reich, where you can get arrested for saying bad things about Islam... why do you even care about Brazil or Steve Bannon at all? What's your skin in this game?
    I'm interested in the world going down the drain.
    You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. The Dutch newspapers are filled with stories to warn us about the dangers of “Muslims”, while the dictatorship of the ruthless House of Orange-Nassau is described as the best “democracy” in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Bannon has nothing to do with it, I gave you one example of something very good about Bolsonaro, I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of his opponents is/was better and why.
    Jair Bolsonaro is the military scumbag that is trying to make Brazil into the kind of police state that would make even the Netherlands jealous.

Bolsonaro has spoken with admiration on the CIA, John Birch Society supported military dictatorships of Latin America and Adolf Hitler.
    The police state that Bolsonaro is trying to create with the help of the CIA, Steve Bannon and… Swordsmyth is where the elite aren’t only protected by a corrupt Legal system, but gives the elite the right to shoot first, ask questions later (in the best traditions of the Blackwater of long-time Trump associate Erik Prince).

The kind of “democracy” you appear to support is one of one-sided propaganda, disinformation, and fake stories turned into media hypes.
    Because supposedly the “left wing” can’t be trusted.

I’m beginning to think you’re one of those gullible fools that get small rewards to flood the internet with one-sided (SCL, Bannon) propaganda and harass anybody that criticises the so-called “best option”. Like the members of the Sheldon Adelson funded ACT.IL.
    These “shills” usually fool themselves into believing that their silly posts are innocuous, but these scumbags are in fact actively supporting genocide: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6691188
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

@Firestarter sounds like you got some personal issues there, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    @Firestarter sounds like you got some personal issues there, bud.
    Sounds like you're posting about things you know absolutely nothing about...
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

I'm interested in the world going down the drain.
    You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. The Dutch newspapers are filled with stories to warn us about the dangers of “Muslims”, while the dictatorship of the ruthless House of Orange-Nassau is described as the best “democracy” in the World.

Jair Bolsonaro is the military scumbag that is trying to make Brazil into the kind of police state that would make even the Netherlands jealous.

Bolsonaro has spoken with admiration on the CIA, John Birch Society supported military dictatorships of Latin America and Adolf Hitler.
    The police state that Bolsonaro is trying to create with the help of the CIA, Steve Bannon and… Swordsmyth is where the elite aren’t only protected by a corrupt Legal system, but gives the elite the right to shoot first, ask questions later (in the best traditions of the Blackwater of long-time Trump associate Erik Prince).

The kind of “democracy” you appear to support is one of one-sided propaganda, disinformation, and fake stories turned into media hypes.
    Because supposedly the “left wing” can’t be trusted.

I’m beginning to think you’re one of those gullible fools that get small rewards to flood the internet with one-sided (SCL, Bannon) propaganda and harass anybody that criticises the so-called “best option”. Like the members of the Sheldon Adelson funded ACT.IL.
    These “shills” usually fool themselves into believing that their silly posts are innocuous, but these scumbags are in fact actively supporting genocide: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6691188
    The JBS didn't even exist when Hitler was alive.

I said that I don't think Brazil has any good options and I keep asking you to tell me which of his opponents is better and why but I never get an answer.

If you prefer candidates that will turn Brazil into Venezuela and not give people back some gun rights then I don't think we are going to agree but please tell me something good about one of his opponents, just one thing. (not something they don't do that he does, something that they do that is good)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pro-dictatorship former military officer Jair Bolsonaro is the big favourite to become Brazilian president after the second election round against Workers' Party candidate Fernando Haddad on October 28.
    He has always called for a strong government and even advocated shooting a president for privatisation.
    But recently has chosen the opposite vision of a small state, privatisations and lower taxes: https://www.americasquarterly.org/co...jair-bolsonaro

Here’s a list of some of Bolsonaro controversial statements – including rewarding cops that kill suspects…

The economics adviser that is pushing for the kind of privatisation that was pushed in the 1990s by Milton Friedman and politicians like Bill Clinton and Tony Blair is one Paulo Guedes, who is expected to become Bolsonaro’s finance minister.
    Since Guedes is chief economics adviser to Bolsonaro he’s backed by “Brazil’s” financial elite (like Goldman Sachs’ Steve Bannon).

Guedes was a professor in Chile in the 1980s.
    The first country in which mass privatisation was tried was Chile in the 1970s, under the brutal military junta of Augusto Pinochet’s (1973-1990): https://www.france24.com/en/20181012...tions-populist

In the past 4 years, Brazilian investigators have discovered a huge amount of political corruption schemes, during the Workers Party’s governments from 2003 to 2016 and involving several political parties. This has greatly supported Bolsonaro’s popularity as he has repeatedly promised to make an end to corruption (never mind that politicians never keep their promises...).

After the Folha de S.Paulo newspaper reported that Paulo Guedes mismanaged 1 billion reals ($267 million) that public pension funds put in his investment vehicles starting in 2009; on 10 October it was announced that Guedes is under investigation in a corruption probe.
    The president of Bolsonaro’s party, Gustavo Bebbiano, said Guedes continued firmly in position as the candidate’s economic guru.
    Guedes’ attorney denied any wrongdoing and said the investments in question had yielded returns above contractually established targets.

Guedes launched 2 funds in 2009, HSM Educacional and HSM do Brasil, which received 1 billion reals in 6 years from the state-run companies. HSM said that Guedes left its board in October 2014 and had never been a controlling partner.
    HSM do Brasil paid out large fees to speakers at various events in Brazil and spent millions on personnel: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1MK1B9
    (archived here: http://archive.is/3PViz)

See Guedes and Bolsonaro giving it a thumbs up.

Selling Brazil by the pound

I haven’t found more information on the stabbing that gave Bolsonaro’s popularity a boost.
    I haven’t found any more information on the corruption probe against Bolsonaro’s Chief economic adviser, banker Paulo Guedes, who was educated in the US either.

Paulo Guedes was one of the founders of: Banco Pactual, the Instituto Millenium (Millennium Institute), and Plano Real.
    Guedes has also directed several investment funds and companies.

I guess that Jair Bolsonaro didn’t promise to raise taxes but Guedes is planning greater tax revenues (or higher taxes)...

Guedes has promised to cancel the fiscal deficit (it will reach 160/180 billion reais in 2018) within a year. By selling Brazil by the pound; his aggressive plan of privatisation could bring about 800 billion reais to the State, leaving the Brazilian population in the claws of the investment bankers.

Guedes will introduce a new contributory system, so the (slave) labourers pay more to the pension funds, while cutting “gold pensions”, which will lead to a lower burden on businesses.

Guedes plans reduced interest rates, which supposedly is a boost for the economy, but of course only the big corporation will profit, and inflation will rise.

Guedes also support the “globalists” by increasing import-export, which will surely support the rich and corrupt - reducing import tariffs and creating international bilateral agreements: https://updatebrazil.wordpress.com/2...onaro-economy/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/Vxvy2)

This sounds exactly like the strategy that World Bank and IMF impose on “developing” countries to strangle their economies, while the people suffer: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-Bank-and-IMF

Anti-Bolsonaro protesters are afraid after they were targeted in political violence.

Besides Paulo Guedes, the following people could be part of the expected Bolsonaro administration.

Paolo Guedes is preparing an economic team that would include Alexandre Bettamio, representative of the US-based Bank of America in Latin America.

Another potential member of Bolsonaro’s cabinet is General Heleno Ribeiro, who was Bolsanaro’s former instructor at the military academy, and could become minister of defence.
    Ribeiro embraces the militarisation of Brazil’s internal security, which will especially affect communities in Brazil’s impoverished favelas, where many have been killed by military police.

The second general in Bolsonaro’s cabinet could be Oswaldo Ferreira.

Combat pilot Marcos Ponte could become minister of Science and Technology.

MP Onyx Lorenzoni might become chief of staff.
    Lorenzoni has confessed to having received 100,000 Brazilian reals (around $27,100) from Brazilian businessmen and has been summoned in the ongoing Odebrecht corruption investigations.

Stavros Xanthopoylos has been mentioned as candidate for education minister
    Xanthopoylos is against affirmative action and quotas for minorities in the education system.

Landowner Nabhan Garcia is a possible candidate for the Agriculture and Environment Ministry.
    Garcia has been accused of organising paramilitary groups to attack the Landless Workers’ Movement (MST) who fight for agrarian reform to increase equality in Brazil: https://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...1018-0016.html

As an MP, former army captain Jair Bolsonaro voted against making an end to the monopoly on exploration and production of oil of state oil company Petrobras. He has described Petrobras as a strategic asset.
    Bolsonaro’s surge in the polls, made Petrobras’ shares spike 10% in a single day, as investors bet Bolsonaro will give the company free rein. This month, Petrobras’ market value increased with $18 billion: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1MM1GS

In a poll last week, Bolsonaro was firmly in the lead with 58% versus 42% for Haddad.
    WhatsApp has proactively banned hundreds of thousands of accounts during the Brazilian election period, so Bolsonaro won’t run any risk of losing his lead.

Wealthy Bolsonaro supporters have paid 12 million reais ($3.26 million) for messaging by astroturfers, and spread tens of thousands of ads, in an alleged campaign finance violation.
    Jair Bolsonaro had earlier described the messaging as "voluntary support" and was forced to deny that he asked them to purchase mass WhatsApp messages.

Attorney Guilherme Salles Gonçalves, said that under-the-table funding by companies could, if proven, lead to the disqualification of Bolsonaro for president.
    A Brazilian public prosecutor thinks it’s unlikely that this could happen. I agree that with the support from the CIA, big banks, and SCL Group Bolsonaro is untouchable: https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018...-election.html
    (http://archive.is/fHZeU)

It has been reported that two-time president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva brought 30 million Brazilians out of poverty in only a few years.
    These days Lula is the most famous Brazilian political prisoner (some claim on trumped up charges).

Polls suggest that Lula could easily win this election, if he was not serving a 12-year prison sentence for money laundering: https://newsbase.com/commentary/brazil-braced-bolsonaro
    Last edited by Firestarter; 10-24-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Unsurprisingly the Steve Bannon backed Jair Bolsonaro, who will crush the poor, increase taxes and introduce the kind of policies the IMF and World Bank use to destroy the economies of “developing” countries was elected as Brazil’s next president.

63-year-old former paratrooper Jair Bolsonaro pledged to crush corruption, crime and the communist threat, secured 55.1% of the votes after 99.9% were counted and was therefore elected Brazil’s next president, electoral authorities said on Sunday.

Bolsonaro promised after his victory was announced “We cannot continue flirting with communism … We are going to change the destiny of Brazil”: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ntial-election

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unsurprisingly the Steve Bannon backed Jair Bolsonaro, who will crush the poor, increase taxes and introduce the kind of policies the IMF and World Bank use to destroy the economies of “developing” countries was elected as Brazil’s next president.

63-year-old former paratrooper Jair Bolsonaro pledged to crush corruption, crime and the communist threat, secured 55.1% of the votes after 99.9% were counted and was therefore elected Brazil’s next president, electoral authorities said on Sunday.

Bolsonaro promised after his victory was announced “We cannot continue flirting with communism … We are going to change the destiny of Brazil”: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ntial-election
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of his opponents was a better option or even just one good thing about any of them.

I could come up with plenty of bad things about them to counter the left wing propaganda you have been posting about Bolsonaro but neither of us live in Brazil so I don't really care.

I have never said that Bolsonaro was perfect and I even said that maybe Brazil didn't have any good options but at least he won't turn Brazil into Venezuela and Brazilians might get some gun rights back among a few other good things about Bolsonaro.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of his opponents was a better option or even just one good thing about any of them.

I could come up with plenty of bad things about them to counter the left wing propaganda you have been posting about Bolsonaro but neither of us live in Brazil so I don't really care.
    You're lying, I haven't posted any "left wing propaganda", and you haven't even tried to counter my arguments that Jair Bolsonaro will turn Brazil into a police state and will sell Brazil to the elite (like the privatisation in the 1990s we saw under the guiding light of the Bill Clinton that you despise so much).

You have shown that you support any corrupt politician that Steve Bannon is pushing into the spotlight...

I have never said that Bolsonaro was perfect and I even said that maybe Brazil didn't have any good options but at least he won't turn Brazil into Venezuela and Brazilians might get some gun rights back among a few other good things about Bolsonaro.
    Bolsonaro’s eulogies to the military dictatorship and its torturers tell us a bit more. Brazil’s “day that lasted 21 years” did not go far enough, in his mind: The dictatorship “should have killed 30,000 more,” he said in 1999, while serving his third term as a congressman. Within the military establishment, Bolsonaro represents an extremist tendency; former military-dictator Ernesto Geisel labeled him “completely beyond the pale” and a "military evil."
    There were over 60,000 murders in Brazil last year. Police contribute to the bloodshed, killing thousands each year. Bolsonaro promised the special forces, whose emblem and cri de guerreis a skull, that their people would be included in the government, possibly suggesting a ministerial position for a special forces commander.

Bolsonaro’s running mate, retired general Hamilton Mourão, suggests a Bolsonaro government would seek to redraft the 1988 Constitution, this time without any popular, representative input and stack the Supreme Court with additional justices. Attempts to strangle the constitution, such as these, put us in mind of other “managed democracies,” such as Vladimir Putin’s Russia or Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's Turkey. “Constitutional dictatorship” is another term that could describe a post-Bolsonaro Brazil.

The upper-middle classes and the elite have long been animated by a barely coded class hatred that is fixated on the Workers Party (PT). This so-called “Antipetismo” fueled the move to impeach then-President Dilma Rousseff (a member of the Workers Party) on scant legal grounds. The parliamentary coup and break with democratic norms further delegitimized an already scandal-ridden political system.

Big business has flocked to the former army captain. Bolsonaro’s chief economic advisor, University of Chicago-educated Paulo Guedes, promises to privatize aggressively; the financial markets endorse this vision, as do many of its media representatives. Indeed, revelations in Brazil’s largest newspaper allege that many leading businesspeople illegally paid up to $3.2 million dollars each to spread fake news via WhatsApp, slandering Bolsonaro’s opponent. Though an investigation has been launched, the top electoral court failed to act. Instead, it banned a Workers Party campaign adshowing Bolsonaro’s support for torture and dictatorship. The campaign “can create, in public opinion, passionate states with the potential to incite violent behaviors,” the court ruled.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...angerous-trump

You're lying, I haven't posted any "left wing propaganda", and you haven't even tried to counter my arguments that Jair Bolsonaro will turn Brazil into a police state and will sell Brazil to the elite (like the privatisation in the 1990s we saw under the guiding light of the Bill Clinton that you despise so much).

You have shown that you support any corrupt politician that Steve Bannon is pushing into the spotlight...

Bolsonaro’s eulogies to the military dictatorship and its torturers tell us a bit more. Brazil’s “day that lasted 21 years” did not go far enough, in his mind: The dictatorship “should have killed 30,000 more,” he said in 1999, while serving his third term as a congressman. Within the military establishment, Bolsonaro represents an extremist tendency; former military-dictator Ernesto Geisel labeled him “completely beyond the pale” and a "military evil."
    There were over 60,000 murders in Brazil last year. Police contribute to the bloodshed, killing thousands each year. Bolsonaro promised the special forces, whose emblem and cri de guerreis a skull, that their people would be included in the government, possibly suggesting a ministerial position for a special forces commander.

Bolsonaro’s running mate, retired general Hamilton Mourão, suggests a Bolsonaro government would seek to redraft the 1988 Constitution, this time without any popular, representative input and stack the Supreme Court with additional justices. Attempts to strangle the constitution, such as these, put us in mind of other “managed democracies,” such as Vladimir Putin’s Russia or Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's Turkey. “Constitutional dictatorship” is another term that could describe a post-Bolsonaro Brazil.

The upper-middle classes and the elite have long been animated by a barely coded class hatred that is fixated on the Workers Party (PT). This so-called “Antipetismo” fueled the move to impeach then-President Dilma Rousseff (a member of the Workers Party) on scant legal grounds. The parliamentary coup and break with democratic norms further delegitimized an already scandal-ridden political system.

Big business has flocked to the former army captain. Bolsonaro’s chief economic advisor, University of Chicago-educated Paulo Guedes, promises to privatize aggressively; the financial markets endorse this vision, as do many of its media representatives. Indeed, revelations in Brazil’s largest newspaper allege that many leading businesspeople illegally paid up to $3.2 million dollars each to spread fake news via WhatsApp, slandering Bolsonaro’s opponent. Though an investigation has been launched, the top electoral court failed to act. Instead, it banned a Workers Party campaign adshowing Bolsonaro’s support for torture and dictatorship. The campaign “can create, in public opinion, passionate states with the potential to incite violent behaviors,” the court ruled.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...angerous-trump
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of his opponents was better and even one good thing about them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The economics adviser that is pushing for the kind of privatisation that was pushed in the 1990s by Milton Friedman and politicians like Bill Clinton and Tony Blair is one Paulo Guedes, who is expected to become Bolsonaro’s finance minister.
    Sounds good to me. If Bill Clinton and Tony Blair are too right wing and too capitalistic for you, then you are in the wrong place.

Guedes was a professor in Chile in the 1980s.
    The first country in which mass privatisation was tried was Chile in the 1970s, under the brutal military junta of Augusto Pinochet’s (1973-1990): https://www.france24.com/en/20181012...tions-populist
    Yeah? Chile went from hyperinflation to the highest standard of living in South and Central America. So you are saying he's a good choice, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Sounds good to me. If Bill Clinton and Tony Blair are too right wing and too capitalistic for you, then you are in the wrong place.

Yeah? Chile went from hyperinflation to the highest standard of living in South and Central America. So you are saying he's a good choice, right?
    It's a great strategy, in the one case: attacking the crooked Clintons and then in another situation of one-sided distortion of the facts saying "Sounds good to me".
    There is no difference between capitalism or communism, but only politrics to keep us enslaved...

In 1973 General Pinochet took dictatorial control of Chile, and destroyed the economy. The CIA, since October 1970, had helped Pinochet to oust president Salvador Allende. US Ambassador to Chile, Edward Malcolm Korry explained that US companies used the CIA as an international collection agency. In 1973 Chile’s unemployment rate was 4.3%; by 1983, after 10 years of free market liberalisation, unemployment was at 22%, while wages had declined by 40%. In 1970 20% of Chile’s population lived in poverty, by 1990 – when dictator Pinochet left office - this number had doubled to 40%. In 1982 and 1983, the GDP dropped with 19%, and foreign companies bought 85% of Chile’s profitable industries. The USA the State Department reported: “Chile is a casebook study in sound economic management”. The respected economist Milton Friedman called this “The Miracle of Chile”.

In 1998 —the World Bank, IMF, Inter-American Development Bank and the International Bank for Settlements — offered $41.5 billion credit to Brazil. The World Bank designed a “Master Plan for Brazil” to create a “flexible public sector workforce”: reduce Salary/Benefits; Pensions; Job Stability; Employment, and increase Work Hours. After the Brazilian real dropped with 40%: British Gas bought the SaoPaolo Gas Company, while Enron and Houston Industries bought the Rio and Sao Paolo electricity companies and a pipeline.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-Bank-and-IMF

Milton Friedman was the one who educated Bolsonaro's chief economic adviser Paulo Guedes, who as a professor was involved in “The Miracle of Chile”.

In the 1990s we were told that privatisation would:
    - Make services more "efficient", lower costs.
    - Make the quality of the products for the consumer higher.
    - Be good for the economy.

Since then:
    - Taxes have increased.
    - Inflation has increased.
    - Companies threat us like $hit.
    - Europe has been flooded with migrants.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 10-31-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Here’s a video with some of the controversial things CIA asset Jair Bolsonaro has said on gays, black, and he pushes a woman and calls her a whore who he wouldn’t rape...

Why was Brazil’s president Luis Inacio Lula da Silva locked up in prison for 12 years?
    Is it because he had gotten 30 million Brazilians out of poverty?
    Or is it because in 2014, Lula’s government recalled its ambassador to Israel because of that summer’s war in Gaza, calling Israeli military actions there a “massacre”?

Jair Bolsonaro has promised that he will move Brazil’s embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, following the US and Guatemala. Even more controversial is that he has promised to shut down the Palestinian embassy in Brazil, because Palestine isn’t even a country.
    Israel’s honorary consul in Rio, Osias Wurman, said: “He is a lover of the people and the State of Israel”.

I think that the stabbing that was staged on 6 September that secured Bolsonaro’s victory was a fake, false flag event. The videos don’t show any blood or any signs that he was actually stabbed.
    After receiving local emergency treatment, Bolsonaro refused to be treated at the elite hospital commonly chosen by senior politicians the Syrian-Lebanese Hospital but chose the Jewish-led Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo instead: https://www.jta.org/2018/10/29/news-...rael-president

Brazil is number 1 for exporting halal meat. I doubt this will change under new president despite anti-Muslim, anti-Arab rhetoric.

Australia is number 2.

New Zealand, not to be outdone by its larger neighbor is also big on exporting halal meat. It appears that all meat in NZ is halal-certified:

https://www.mia.co.nz/what-we-do/trade/halal/

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11703302

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/New...-of-halal-meat

Supposedly, Trump steaks were sourced from Creekstone Farms, an Omaha, Nebraska supplier which also has halal-certified meat products:

http://www.texasgopvote.com/governme...m-enemy-008669

Last edited by homahr; 11-02-2018 at 09:38 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In May 2016, the Bolsonaro family visited Israel...
    The “Catholic” Jair Bolsonaro and his sons were even baptised in the River Jordan by a pastor.

The following photograph shows from left to right Carlos and Eduardo Bolsonaro walking in Israel, with t-shirts supporting Israel's intelligence services Mossad and the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

Thirteen percent of Brazil is protected indigenous territory in the Amazon rainforest.

One of the campaign promises of Brazil’s new president, Jair Bolsonaro, is to sell the rainforest to agribusiness, mining and hydro-power. Bolsonaro has said openly “Minorities have to adapt to the majority, or simply disappear”, and “not one square centimetre’ of Brazil will be reserved for the country’s indigenous peoples”.

Since Bolsonaro was elected on 28 October, he’s announced that the ministries of agriculture and environment will be merged into a new “super ministry” to oversee the genocide.
    The new ministry will be headed by politicians from the “beef caucus”, who have always opposed indigenous land conservation, supported agricultural expansion, and make slave labour laws more “relaxed”.

In 2017, 50 land rights campaigners were killed in Brazil, and another 20 this year, for protesting against illegal logging and expansion of cattle ranches and soy plantations in the rainforest: https://returntonow.net/2018/11/06/b...us-amazonians/

Brazil’s president-elect Jair Bolsonaro promised to kick out Cuba's doctors at several campaign events, because the doctors aren’t allowed to bring their families, and: “The Cubans get approximately 25 percent of the salary. The rest feeds the Cuban dictatorship”. Bolsonaro described this as “slave labour” and accused Havana of refusing to “fix the deplorable situation of these doctors in clear violation of human rights”.
    Last week, Jair Bolsonaro also claimed that “there is no proof they are actually doctors” and he would force Cuban doctors to take tests to prove their skills.

Cuba has responded by ordering the 8,332 Cuban medical personnel in Brazil to return home. Many have already flown out, leaving Brazil's healthcare system in a state of panic. The rest are expected to leave by December 10.
    The Cuban doctors are part of the 18,240 doctors brought in from overseas under the Mais Medicos (More Doctors) programme, launched in 2013 under Dilma Rousseff.
    When Angelita Santos heard the Cuban doctors were leaving she cried. Her town Embu-Guaçu had 19 doctors for its 70,000 residents only last week, but now only 2 remain.

Brazil's doctors are unequally distributed across the country, with an average of 5.07 doctors for every thousand residents in Brazil’s state capitals, but just 0.3 in towns of less than 5,000 inhabitants.
    Cuban doctors filled the jobs that Brazilians don’t want. Of the 372 doctors working in 34 indigenous districts across Brazil, 301 were from Cuba.

Even while the Cuban doctors receive only a small part of the amount Brazil pays, the meagre pay is still significantly more than what they make at home. Cuban doctors have rebelled filing lawsuits in Brazilian courts arguing that they are entitled to earn “full salaries”, like Brazilian doctors.
    The end of the program will also negatively affect Cuba as the medical service export program is among its main sources of revenue: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/w...bolsonaro.html

Thirteen percent of Brazil is protected indigenous territory in the Amazon rainforest.

One of the campaign promises of Brazil’s new president, Jair Bolsonaro, is to sell the rainforest to agribusiness, mining and hydro-power. Bolsonaro has said openly “Minorities have to adapt to the majority, or simply disappear”, and “not one square centimetre’ of Brazil will be reserved for the country’s indigenous peoples”.

Since Bolsonaro was elected on 28 October, he’s announced that the ministries of agriculture and environment will be merged into a new “super ministry” to oversee the genocide.
    The new ministry will be headed by politicians from the “beef caucus”, who have always opposed indigenous land conservation, supported agricultural expansion, and make slave labour laws more “relaxed”.

In 2017, 50 land rights campaigners were killed in Brazil, and another 20 this year, for protesting against illegal logging and expansion of cattle ranches and soy plantations in the rainforest: https://returntonow.net/2018/11/06/b...us-amazonians/
    That was before Bolsonaro, yes? It's retarded that you are even posting this stuff since it actually makes the people who came before Bolsonaro (the socialists who ran the country into the ground) look worse. Look at the dates.

China Gobbles Amazon Rainforest Ore to Clean Polluted Skies <--- That's before Bolsonaro. Of course, it's only a story now because the leftists are upset they lost an election.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-27-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    That was before Bolsonaro, yes? It's retarded that you are even posting this stuff since it actually makes the people who came before Bolsonaro (the socialists who ran the country into the ground) look worse. Look at the dates.

China Gobbles Amazon Rainforest Ore to Clean Polluted Skies <--- That's before Bolsonaro. Of course, it's only a story now because the leftists are upset they lost an election.
    You're saying "was before Bolsonaro" after I post about Bolsonaro:
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    You're the one insinuating things I haven't said.
    You could have posted that even before Bolsonaro things in Brazil were bad, but instead you turn it into an "ad hominem" because maybe you think that I shouldn't "attack" a scumbag politician, supported by Steve Bannon, like Bolsonaro...

You could have posted that even before Bolsonaro things in Brazil were bad, but instead you turn it into an "ad hominem" because maybe you think that I shouldn't "attack" a scumbag politician, supported by Steve Bannon, like Bolsonaro...
    Looks like it's time for everyone to read (or reread):Confessions Of An Economic Hitman by John Perkins & get some basic understanding of what the $#@! is really going on in the world.

https://johnperkins.org
    There is no spoon.

Where were these people, who are [supposedly] outraged about the future of the rainforests, when the Worker's Party was selling off chunks of land to China?

Hmmm?
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-30-2018 at 07:10 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Where were these people, who are [supposedly] outraged about the future of the rainforests, when the Worker's Party was selling off chunks of land to China?
    I guess you're talking about the hypocrititical white Christians that destroyed all of nature in Europe and are now blaming third world countries for the destruction of nature...
    I guess that if the Christians had "discovered" America a couple of hundred of years earlier, there would be no rain forest!

Maybe you can't even imagine what it's like to try to look past the one-sided propaganda.
    I could have posted a link to an article (if I remember correctly of one of the "reputable" British newspapers) about the Cuban doctors leaving Brazil, that left out that most of their salary goes directly to Cuba (and then blames Bolsonaro).
    I've also see stories that the last year the destruction of Brazil's rainforest was at an all time high, and then immediately points out that it's expected that under Bolsonaro even more will be destroyed.

I didn't post links to these 2 stories, as it left out important information.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe you can't even imagine what it's like to try to look past the one-sided propaganda.
    Oh there's one-sided propaganda alright. The left loses an election and the entirety of the world's media outlets pounce on the victors. Maybe it's you that can't imagine what it's like to try to look past it.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Oh there's one-sided propaganda alright. The left loses an election and the entirety of the world's media outlets pounce on the victors. Maybe it's you that can't imagine what it's like to try to look past it.
    ^^^THIS^^^

I'm still waiting for him to tell me which of the other candidates was better and even one positive thing about them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm still waiting for him to tell me which of the other candidates was better and even one positive thing about them.
    You could pick somebody at random from the streets of Rio de Janeiro to find a “better” candidate than Zionist Nazi Jair Bolsonaro.

Or better yet; could vote for Nobody: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lections/page4

Maybe I should see it as a compliment that Sionshyll has been instructed to insult me: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6722784

It appears that Bolsonaro has correctly been labelled as the “Trump of Brazil”...
    Bolsonaro is turning Brazil in a full/blown police state: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...o-Police-State

Corruption was at the top of Jair Bolsonaro’s campaign. His top deputies and cabinet appointments are the same (or even worse?) corrupt gang of crooks that are part of Trump´s cabinet.

Paulo Guedes will become Brazil’s secretary of the economy. He’s under 2 separate investigations for fraud in investment funds.
    Guedes’ investment company, BR Educacional, got R1 billion from 5 state-owned companies. This was invested in Guedes’ HSM Educacional (now called BR Educaçao Executiva). HSM Educacional bought an Argentinian company for over R16 million. Both companies ended up losing money for investors.
    The second probe involving Guedes is a possible fraud in an investment his company made in engineering firm Enesa Participaçoes. Guedes invested R112 million that disappeared without a trace. State bank Caixa Econemica was one of the investors.
    Guedes’ company Bozano will likely profit from the privatization of health, education, and energy services that he’ll push through.

Onyx Lorenzoni is expected tobecome Bolsonaro’s new chief of staff.
    In May 2017, Lorenzoni openly admitted to having received R100,000 ($26,000) in slush funds from the the world’s largest meat processor JBS, which is in the centre of many corruption scandals. The confession never led to an investigation.
    Lorenzoni has been investigated for receiving R175,000 in bribes from major construction company Odebrecht, whose owner was imprisoned as part of the Operation Car Wash corruption investigations. This case was dismissed by the Supreme Court.

Luiz Henrique Mandetta will become Secretary of Health, which has the largest budget in Brazil’s federal government.
    Mandetta was health secretary in Campo Grande between 2005 and 2010, which is investigated for influence trafficking, defrauding a public tender, and using slush funds in this period.

Future Secretary of Agriculture Tereza Cristina presided over the congressional committee that pushed through a bill intended to facilitate chemical pesticides that pose a serious threat to human health. Since Cristina was elected to Congress in 2014 her assets increased by almost 50,000%.
    She also has questionable connections to JBS. Between 2011 and 2012, when she was secretary of agribusiness in Mato Grosso do Sul, Cristina signed on to tax incentives for JBS that are now under investigation. At the same time, she leased land to JBS. In 2014, JBS donated more than R$100,000 to Cristina’s campaign.

Marcos Pontes will head of the new Science, Technology, and Communications Department.
    Pontes was investigated for owning part of the company Portally Eventos e Produçoes, that sells nice promotional stuff related to his career as an astronaut, like small figurines, mousepads, and watches.This is illegal, so he simply denied his association with Portally.
    Because of the statute of limitations this cased was closed. Then almost immediately Pontes owned 80% of Portally.

In 2013, Bolsonaro’s head of the Institutional Security Cabinet (GSI), Augusto Heleno, was convicted for authorising illegal grant agreements for the 2011 Military Games as head of the Brazilian Army’s Science and Technology Department.
    Heleno authorised R22 million worth of deals to 2 military-related institutes. Heleno violated the law by hiring them without a public tender and was fined R4,000.

Surrounded by pro-gun members of Congress at a gathering in his home on 23 October, Bolsonaro said, “I can already announce that Fraga will be the one to coordinate the [pro-gun parliamentary] front in my administration”.
    Alberto Fraga was caught on tape complaining that the bribes he got were too low, so on 31 October Bolsonaro made clear that he had never asked Fraga to join his administration.

Sérgio Moro was the judge, who sentenced the favourite to become Brazil’s President, Luis Inacio Lula da Silva, to prison in 2017.
    Bolsonaro invitated BSérgio Moro[/B] to become secretary of justice.

Jair Bolsonaro spent 11 of his 27 years in politics in the Progressists party, with most politicians investigated in Operation Car Wash.
    He left in 2016, after admitting that he had received R200,000 from JBS in 2014, but claimed he returned it to the party:
    Yes, the party got bribes. What party doesn’t get bribes?
    I take [money] from the party funds. [JBS’s] money went to another congressman.
    Earlier this year, it was revealed that Bolsonaro kept a ghost worker among his 14 cabinet employees.
    Walderice Santos da Conceiçao was listed as the member of Congress’s aide for 15 years — but she and her husband worked at Bolsonaro’s summer house in Angra dos Reis, paid for with tax money: https://theintercept.com/2018/12/09/...onaro-cabinet/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/86AlO)

Jair Bolsonaro has promised that he will strip Brazilian government’s environment agencies of their powers to impose “fines”:
    I will no longer allow Ibama and ICMBio to be handing out fines all over the place. I want to defend the environment, but not in a Shia way, as is taking place now.
    Bolsonaro was fined 10,000 reais (£2,026) in fines for illegally fishing in 2012. He said, he was “living proof of the bias and bad work of some inspectors of Ibama and ICMBio”.

This of course will be great for the companies that pollute the environment: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8663596.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast