Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An army of illegal aliens is marching on America

An army of illegal aliens is marching on America

I first became aware of this developing tale thanks to a tweet from Nicolas Medina Mora lionizing the work of Adolfo Flores of Buzzfeed. What is Adolfo up to? Take a look.

Follow the great @aflores as he accompanies a caravan of 1,200 Central American migrants as they cross Mexico all the way to the US. https://t.co/zjIrLWI2U7
    — Nicolás Medina Mora (@MedinaMora) March 30, 2018
    Flores is apparently on a lengthy trek through all of Mexico with a literal army of migrants from a number of countries including Honduras. Normally one might imagine that a potential national security crisis for the United States such as this would be cause for raising the alarm. Instead, the Buzzfeed reporter is cheering them on and talking about their “struggle.”
    You won’t see much in the way of coverage of this on the major networks or CNN, but Buzzfeed is covering it.
    For five days now hundreds of Central Americans — children, women, and men, most of them from Honduras — have boldly crossed immigration checkpoints, military bases, and police in a desperate, sometimes chaotic march toward the United States. Despite their being in Mexico without authorization, no one has made any effort to stop them.
    Organized by a group of volunteers called Pueblos Sin Fronteras, or People Without Borders, the caravan is intended to help migrants safely reach the United States, bypassing not only authorities who would seek to deport them, but gangs and cartels who are known to assault vulnerable migrants.
    Organizers like Rodrigo Abeja hope that the sheer size of the crowd will give immigration authorities and criminals pause before trying to stop them.
    “If we all protect each other we’ll get through this together,” Abeja yelled through a loudspeaker on the morning they left Tapachula, on Mexico’s border with Guatemala, for the nearly monthlong trek.
    This isn’t a group of family members or some isolated, organized clan. This is an army. Flores numbers them in the hundreds but looking at the pictures coming from the “march” it clearly appears that their numbers are swelling. The real figure, as cited by Mora, is likely already more than a thousand. Their purpose? They make no bones about it when asked. They, “hope American authorities will grant them asylum or, for some, be absent when they attempt to cross the border illegally.”
    Perhaps they’ve been convinced that they can simply apply for refugee status or asylum when they arrive. And they actually can apply, but that doesn’t mean that they will be accepted on that basis. Further, Mexico bears some responsibility for helping to prevent this sort of organized invasion. Just this week our new Homeland Security Secretary met with Mexico’s Foreign Minister and signed agreements related to customs and border security. All of this is happening in the shadow of those NAFTA restructuring talks. It’s worth asking why, as Flores reports, nobody from Mexico is doing a thing to slow down this march. In fact, in some cases, the Buzzfeed reporter suggests that Mexican towns and cities are actually hurrying them along.

More at: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/...ching-america/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No $#@! they're hurried north. The US made the problem, they can reap the cost.

this is human trafficking. If this is allowed, we don't have a country.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    No $#@! they're hurried north. The US made the problem, they can reap the cost.
    I'm getting sick of hearing the lie that all of the world's problems are America's fault, other countries have done plenty to cause their own problems.

Even if you think the empire is responsible for everything wrong in the world that doesn't mean American citizens should have to eat the consequences, those who cause the problems have harmed us enough already.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    It's not just human trafficking, it's an invasion.

A4S4: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion;

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Even if you think the empire is responsible for everything wrong in the world that doesn't mean American citizens should have to eat the consequences, those who cause the problems have harmed us enough already.
    One might argue our failure to put taps on an out of control empire is the reason why the chickens are coming home to roost now.

I'm getting sick of hearing the lie that all of the world's problems are America's fault, other countries have done plenty to cause their own problems.

Who said all the problems? Tell me what lie I'm telling. Tell me right here, or you can tell me here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...al-Immigration

Or go back to last August when I strung together the consequences of our foreign policy south of the border, and all you could reply were posts like "BUNK". You want a Nation? Then reap this Nation's consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    One might argue our failure to put taps on an out of control empire is the reason why the chickens are coming home to roost now.
    And what other country has done better?
    We are already eating plenty of consequences here at home, we don't have to let the rest of the world tear us to pieces as some sort of perverse penance for the sins of the elite who have used us as their latest sock puppet in their long history of crimes against the whole world.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who said all the problems? Tell me what lie I'm telling. Tell me right here, or you can tell me here:

Or go back to last August when I strung together the consequences of our foreign policy south of the border, and all you could reply were posts like "BUNK". You want a Nation? Then reap this Nation's consequences.
    The origin countries have done plenty to contribute to their own problems and two wrongs don't make a right.

We are already eating plenty of consequences here at home, we don't have to let the rest of the world tear us to pieces as some sort of perverse penance for the sins of the elite who have used us as their latest sock puppet in their long history of crimes against the whole world.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One of the referenced articles in your post there blames NAFTA for harming the poor farmers in Mexico, allowing US companies and products to decimate their markets. Sounds like Mexico should have negotiated a better deal and been more protectionist! Mexico is responsible for their $#@! agreements and $#@! foreign policy as well, as well as their $#@! political environment of corruption and drug cartels.

Again if all the good people leave their countries, to come to the US, who is left behind to fix any problems in their home country?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Again if all the good people leave their countries, to come to the US, who is left behind to fix any problems in their home country?
    This sounds like a valid reason for an average $#@!izen to be concerned. Unfortunately the timing is a bit off.

One of the referenced articles in your post there blames NAFTA for harming the poor farmers in Mexico, allowing US companies and products to decimate their markets. Sounds like Mexico should have negotiated a better deal and been more protectionist! Mexico is responsible for their $#@! agreements and $#@! foreign policy as well, as well as their $#@! political environment of corruption and drug cartels.

Don't let them pretend it is all of the good people coming here, at best it's a mix, in reality it is a mix weighted towards the leeches and criminals.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Don't let them pretend it is all of the good people coming here, at best it's a mix, in reality it is a mix weighted towards the leeches and criminals.
    Where've I heard this before? Oh yeah......

The refugees seeking haven in America were poor and disease-ridden. They threatened to take jobs away from Americans and strain welfare budgets. They practiced an alien religion and pledged allegiance to a foreign leader. They were bringing with them crime. They were accused of being rapists. And, worst of all....

these undesirables were Irish.
    https://www.history.com/news/when-am...refugee-crisis

And then them ignorant coolies.

Poor and unskilled immigrants from Northern Europe and Asia poured into the United States in the mid-1800s. Most of the European immigrants were German and Irish, and under the law they were considered “free white persons” able to achieve citizenship.

Citizenship wasn’t an option for the growing numbers of Chinese and Asian immigrants settling on the West Coast. A cheap source of labor for mines, farms and railways, the Chinese were called “coolies.” The word originally meant “unskilled laborer,” but became a slur hurled at workers who labored for low wages or came to the U.S. as indentured laborers. Chinese women were largely assumed to be prostitutes.

In Los Angeles, the backlash against Asians culminated in 1871 with the Chinese Massacre. A mob of more than 500 white men killed at least 18 Chinese men and boys near downtown. No one was ever convicted of the killings.

The growing animus against Asians across the country led to discriminatory laws that would remain on the books for decades.
    There is no spoon.

So for the first century of the USA's existence, it wasn't a country?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Where've I heard this before? Oh yeah......

https://www.history.com/news/when-am...refugee-crisis

And then them ignorant coolies.
    Legal immigrants are a different question, those who demonstrate that they are willing to violate the law are weighted towards leeches and criminals.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Are you trying to say the immigration levels didn't change?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the first century of our existence there wasn't an organized effort to invade us like this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The differences are clear and in no way comparable.

The differences are clear and in no way comparable.
    I can't tell if that's a yes or a no.

Until the advent of progressivism, nobody even dreamed that the federal government would prevent a group such as this from entering and staying in the country. There certainly didn't exist any laws authorizing the federal government to impede their crossing of the border, unless it actually regarded them as an invading army, not just figuratively but literally, which would require them to be armed.

Does that mean the USA wasn't a country?

For the first century of our existence there wasn't an organized effort to invade us like this.
    Sure there was. In proportion to the nation's existing population, immigration was an even greater factor then than it is now.

The crucial difference, in the eyes of some, is that back then the immigrants were almost all white.

I can't tell if that's a yes or a no.

Until the advent of progressivism, nobody even dreamed that the federal government would prevent a group such as this from entering and staying in the country. There certainly didn't exist any laws authorizing the federal government to impede their crossing of the border, unless it actually regarded them as an invading army, not just figuratively but literally, which would require them to be armed.

Does that mean the USA wasn't a country?
    Article 1

Section 9. The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight

It is after 1808.

"Every society has a right to fix the fundamental principles of its association, and to say to all individuals, that if they contemplate pursuits beyond the limits of these principles and involving dangers which the society chooses to avoid, they must go somewhere else for their exercise; that we want no citizens, and still less ephemeral and pseudo-citizens, on such terms. We may exclude them from our territory, as we do persons infected with disease." --Thomas Jefferson to William H. Crawford, 1816. ME 15:28

More at:
    Article 1 Section 9

We get to decide who to let in and who to keep out, just because we didn't use that power for a long time because there wasn't a comparable threat doesn't change that.

Sure there was. In proportion to the nation's existing population, immigration was an even greater factor then than it is now.

The crucial difference, in the eyes of some, is that back then the immigrants were almost all white.
    Immigration back then was NOT ORGANIZED in an effort to change our culture and politics and destroy what little liberty we have.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

IThere certainly didn't exist any laws authorizing the federal government to impede their crossing of the border, unless it actually regarded them as an invading army, not just figuratively but literally, which would require them to be armed.
    What matters is the laws and conditions that exist now.

By no means read.

Throw money at a symptom the populists can see, with one agency, while other agencies exacerbate the original problem. The real criminals remain our government's clients, and their appetites for my money won't abate because zippyjuan was bussed back to Mexico.

By no means read.

Throw money at a symptom the populists can see, with one agency, while other agencies exacerbate the original problem. The real criminals remain our government's clients, and their appetites for my money won't abate because zippyjuan was bussed back to Mexico.
    Just where do you get the idea I don't want to stop the other problems?
    I am on record wanting to stop the drug war and all the other things the government does abroad that contribute to this and many other problems but I am not about to cheer or allow an organized invasion of our country that is designed to protect and exacerbate the system that you despise so much.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just where do you get the idea I don't want to stop the other problems?
    I am on record wanting to stop the drug war and all the other things the government does abroad that contribute to this and many other problems but I am not about to cheer or allow an organized invasion of our country that is designed to protect and exacerbate the system that you despise so much.
    Your record is weaseling into Patriot stance to save yourself the trouble of moving past ambiguity.

I hope they make it. America could use 1200 people with the courage and tenacity to make such a march. That said, by the time they get here, Nicaragua's economy might be better than ours if many more of these omnibus bills get signed.

I see the term "army" was used. What are they armed with? Satan 2's? Are they a threat to our military defenses?

Can we send 1200 beanerphobics to Central America in exchange? I'll chip in for the airlift.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Who is this "us" you speak of? In the first century of "America" the continent was invaded by those pesky white Europeans.
    There is no spoon.

NAFTA is so terrible that Mexican quit coming to the US. http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/1...ng-to-the-u-s/

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Who is this "us" you speak of? In the first century of "America" the continent was invaded by those pesky white Europeans.
    "Us" refers to citizens and legal residents of the freest nation on the planet.

P.S. Maybe the Injuns should have done a better job of keeping out invaders and maybe we should learn from their failure.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    NAFTA is so terrible that Mexican quit coming to the US. http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/1...ng-to-the-u-s/
    NAFTA is bad for everyone but the oligarchs and all three countries' politicians share responsibility for it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast