Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trump to announce gun control this week

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    You're jabbering about nothing..
    Watch this......

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It really is interesting from here to see what happens when the words flow.
    Using police force to silence an anti-libertarian activist, using the anti-libertarian activists' willingness to use force to silence opposing ideas as proof of their anti-libertarian activism.
    Have you considered what it would mean to force people to adhere to libertarianism?

...forcing people to, for instance, not rob other people.

THE HORROR!

The world might $#@!ing suck, but MP's they got to beat up Winston and his party bitch.
    Yeah, two bitch party members,one works for the ministry of truth, and the other is a member of the junior anti-sex league.

Moral of the story:
    If you find yourself living in 1984, dont be a party member, they get tortured.
    Dont be a prole, you cant. You aren't stupid.
    Join the Military police, and execute party members.
    This is the utopia they chose, in their ideology.
    Deliver to them their sweet salvation.
    Their burning nihilism at the stake.

XD
    You say you like the world as it is, but the above doesn't suggest that.

The world, or certain parts of it, anyway, is in fact magnificent...

P.S. Politics are garbage, but this system won't last, my grandchildren won't have to deal with this nonsense.

Patience
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-18-2019 at 01:28 AM.

What are you going to say, if in 2 years, nothing has happened, and no laws have been passed? Maybe lots of talk, lots of Trump willing to negotiate. but in the end... nothing?
    Then I will continue saying exactly what I have been saying all along (in this thread and many others): Donald Trump is a wishy-washy, half-assed gun grabber who is just too chicken$#@! to take things any further, out of fear of alienating his base before the election. (And as I have also said before: after the election, if he wins, then all bets are off and there is no telling what the hell he will or won't end up doing ...)

But even if "nothing has happened, and no laws have been passed," Trump will still have thoroughly chummed the water for the sharks with "lots of talk, lots of [...] willing[ness] to negotiate" - such as he has already done with his "take the guns first, due process later" rhetoric, his voicing of support for "red flag" laws, his firearms-accessory regulation via executive-order fiat, and whatever the hell kind of mealy-mouthed, half-assed wiffle-waffle he ends up endorsing in this upcoming proposal.

Do you acknowledge it is a possibility?
    Not only do I acknowledge the possibility, but that possibility is the very reason I refer to Trump as a "half-assed" gun grabber in the first place.

Should Trump start saying some of the mass shootings are false flags?
    As I said in another thread several days ago, what Trump ought to do is present "a vehement, full-throated, no-holds-barred, damn-all-compromise opposition to any and all further curtailments of our gun rights (and an equally vehement support for the repeal or negation of the ones which are already in place)."

But of course, what with Trump being a half-assed gun grabber himself, that's the one thing that's pretty much guaranteed not to happen. Instead, what we'll almost certainly end up with is some kind of splitting of the difference between Beto O'Rourke's "Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15" and Trump's weak-sauce "lots of talk, lots of [...] negotiat[ion]" wiffle-waffle.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-18-2019 at 03:20 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Gratuitous aggression!

Big words!

Your IQ must be above 110!

Do you need an IQ of 111 to understand the meaning of hyperbole?

The problem is, the phrase he used is only used there to impress, it is inappropriate in the
    context of his statement, a contradiction in thought, a really ignorant application.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Do you think people with dementia should be able to own a firearm? I sure don't. I was with my dad fishing in the middle of nowhere Northern MI two weekends and he had no idea where anything was. I drove him to the hospital to determine if it was a stroke or Alzheimer's or a stroke. One of the first things I told the doctor while we were awaiting tests was he keeps a firearm in his glove box and has them all around the house. It turned out it was a stroke and has more or less recovered his faculties. But had it been Alzheimer's I would absolutely support making it illegal to own a gun. The thought of someone who is out of it mentally owning a gun and putting people around them or themselves at risk is ridiculous.
    No, but only if they are afforded due process before their liberties are taken away. I guess you could say the 5th amendment is the "gun control" amendment?
    Last edited by EBounding; 09-18-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Banned

Blog Entries
    A week is 7 days. This story is now 9 days old.

Fake News.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Do you think people with dementia should be able to own a firearm? I sure don't. I was with my dad fishing in the middle of nowhere Northern MI two weekends and he had no idea where anything was. I drove him to the hospital to determine if it was a stroke or Alzheimer's or a stroke. One of the first things I told the doctor while we were awaiting tests was he keeps a firearm in his glove box and has them all around the house. It turned out it was a stroke and has more or less recovered his faculties. But had it been Alzheimer's I would absolutely support making it illegal to own a gun. The thought of someone who is out of it mentally owning a gun and putting people around them or themselves at risk is ridiculous.
    Don't you think you're in a better position to make that decision about your dad than some hack bureaucrat working for Elizabeth Warren is?

A week is 7 days. This story is now 9 days old.

Fake News.
    I was going to say the same thing but you beat me.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Been 3 weeks now.

I remember this was the hot issue of the day.

How things change, like stormy and Alabama.

Oh and this isn't the only hyper-alarmist thread about gun control over the past two years, where all the haters clamor and gnash their teeth and condemn Trump for what they say he is going to do in the future.

Banned

Blog Entries
    But here is the deal.
    If Trump outlawed partial birth abortion, I would not start calling Trump a right wing Christian wing nut zealot because he banned partial birth abortion...
    ...Though I am FOR partial birth abortion. I believe in slippery slope fallacy as well. To make it illegal gives the in utero rights before its first breath, and I am 100% against that.

But the whole "bump stock ban" ain't much of a thing, I really don't care about it. To me it's like partial birth abortion. Both are rare, and usually not necessary.

SO, yeah, if Trump does red flag laws, I will be very alarmed. What I expect are the politicians way out "A list of laws that strengthen background checks". It gets rolled over in congress a bit like the rumble in a lower gut and then escapes harmlessly as a fart. That's what I expect.

Kind of like 90% of the alarmist headlines that have been screamed across this board for the past 3 years. Most of them have turned out to be harmless farts, while people like CCTelander has been screaming that we are about to get buried in diarrhea.

And at the core of it, is a big desire to convince me trump is evil.
    If I ever decide Trump is evil, it will have nothing to do with the constant gnashing of teeth of the haters here about everything Trump might do or is considering or Tweets about even.

What I expect are the politicians way out "A list of laws that strengthen background checks". It gets rolled over in congress a bit like the rumble in a lower gut and then escapes harmlessly as a fart. That's what I expect.

Almost been a year now.

And yet there are still people here on these baords calling Trump the "gun grabber in chief" and still posting new articles every day condemning Trump for what he is considering based on fake news publications.

What I expect are the politicians way out "A list of laws that strengthen background checks". It gets rolled over in congress a bit like the rumble in a lower gut and then escapes harmlessly as a fart. That's what I expect.

Almost been a year now.

And yet there are still people here on these baords calling Trump the "gun grabber in chief" and still posting new articles every day condemning Trump for what he is considering based on fake news publications.
    There have been constant predictions of new wars and other horrors supposedly about to proceed from Trump and then it is never acknowledged that they don't happen.

In fact the wolf criers carry on as if every one of their dire predictions actually happened.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Almost been a year now.

These people can't be reasoned with, no need to waste your time anymore trying to, and I assume since you have taken long breaks from this site, you already know this. They aren't here asking legitimate questions that they are genuinely looking to get answers for or trying to have deep in depth discussions. They want to paint the picture that he is worse than Obama, Bush, and Clinton combined. They hardly ever said a peep about any of aforementioned presidents even though many of these accounts were here prior to 2016, but make sure to divide and conquer, demoralize, and shame anyone who dares even be neutral on the topic. And they are going along with the mainstream media narrative to a T, which is your #1 indicator to not listen to anything they have to say.

Just like Trump is now being blamed for all of the violence and the rioting that we know is being funded by Dems/deep state/foreign operatives trying to destroy the election and the country, they like to say that it's Trump supporters fault that the boards lost most of their members, when in fact, it's the disingenuous people that came into threads for the last 5 years making sure there would never be unity here in any way shape or form. Cautious unity that could have been similar to how both Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, and Dr. Paul have at times supported Trump when he is doing good and called him out when he did something stupid.

Same tactics for completely different platforms, accuse your enemy (real liberty loving posters at RPF) of what you (trolls) are guilty of and bring others to come to your side to embolden that stance.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Oh, I don't know. A FIRST step toward rehabilitation for Trump apologists might be to stop making excuses for his gun grabbing.

Just a thought.
    what gun grabbing?

Maybe you should sit this one out and let the rational adults handle it.
    So rational, except we were right, about this, and a hundred other "Trump considering" hysterical nonsense you hyenas howled about over the past four years.

Oh, I see. Off your meds again, eh? Carry on.
    You are the zombie trying to cure your madness with chemicals that will kill you and destroy your kidneys, not me. Deal with reality, and you will not need the drugs. You are in control of your mind, not chemicals.
    You can maintain your orange hero worshiping delusions if you want but most of us, being responsible, relatively well-adjusted adults have to face reality.
    Reality is exactly what I told you it was. Nothing happened. You, the medicated, mentally ill zombie, telling me to join your medicated, delusional fantasy land, and telling me it is reality is insulting beyond belief, and I despise every single one of you medicated mentally unfit zombies who dares to talk down to me for it. Mental nutcases try to tell me about reality while popping perception bending prescription pills hoping to change their own. Weak minded fools. Tens of millions of them on the internet, in a drugged up haze, trying to tell me about reality. I can't wait until those drugs dry up. (They will, watch). The suicide wave will be a glorious culling of those no longer needed in this society.

"Off your meds again, eh?"

I control my mind, and am grounded in reality. I don't use psychopharmacology to change my brain. I am in control of my brain. If I have anxiety or depression, I correct my actions in the world that are creating the anxiety or depression. I don't pop a pill and ignore the damage I am causing the world around me because I'd rather not face myself, and just pop a pill and convince myself it is some chemcial imbalance causing my life to suck. It's not a chemical imbalance. It's you not fixing what needs to be fixed in your life.

Bull$#@!. People are drawing logical conclusions based upon Trump's statements and actions to this point, and quite reasonably projecting what his next likely move will be. Your insistance that they're "attacking nothing" is ridiculous.
    Ridiculous? It was 100% correct. You were and always are the ridiculous one.

Day in and day out on these boards, it is story after story of "Trump cosnidering this" "Trump doing that" based on "sources".

Then you hyenas go into purity frenzies of condemnations of how anti-Liberty Trump is. Positioning yourselves as the purest libertarian of them all. So moral and pure, as you take fake news day in and day out at their word about what Trump is going to do.

It doesn't matter that he never really does. You all forget that, every $#@!ing time. Your emotions still high from the last hysterical frenzy, somehow confirming that the next hysterical frenzy is also justified. Just move on to the next fake news report telling us that Trump is about to really go full fascist this time. Four years of this little charade, day in, and day out.

And then you have the audacity to tell me to get on your ignore reality pills, and the audacity to tell me about "adults talking".

YOU are the mental head case. YOU are the toddler throwing a tantrum every day. YOU are the insane one. YOU are NOT one of the adults in the room.
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-04-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Some say antiMAGA forces disappointment has been enhanced by the lack of gun control regulations passed by Adelson-GOP jarvanka wing, even though no deficit of strongly pro-2A members in nonMAGA/Likud retinue.

related:

presidential predictions of enhanced tyranny sour into deficits of correct predictions over MAGA term

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678