Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-free speech protesters shutdown Trump rally

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    No I think speaking freely comes with those risks. This is not the first time this has happened. Your messiah speaks controversially and this is the consequence of that. His free speech brought this out. His opponents now also have an opportunity to use their free speech. Do you think they don't have a right to object to what he says? Only he gets to speak?
    Settle down. He isn't my messiah, but I will certainly support his right to speak freely.

To answer your question, of course they have a right to speak out against his messaging. But I do not believe they have the right to use the threat of violence to prevent him from speaking, nor do I believe they have the right to speak inside the venue that he is paying for.

Thanks for asking.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Settle down. He isn't my messiah, but I will certainly support his right to speak freely.

To answer your question, of course they have a right to speak out against his messaging. But I do not believe they have the right to use the threat of violence to prevent him from speaking, nor do I believe they have the right to speak inside the venue that he is paying for.

Thanks for asking.
    That's too bad then. He shouldn't have cancelled his speech then. He had every right to speak but then CHOSE not to. He allowed people into the venue. Maybe next time, he should speak to an empty room. His free speech wasn't violated and even HE didn't make that claim despite the many cries of his idiotic supporters who clearly don't know the meaning of free speech.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

... idiotic supporters who clearly don't know the meaning of free speech.
    What does the Constitution say about free speech?

What does the Constitution say about free speech?
    "The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances."

Where is it in the constitution that says if Trump cancels a speech by his own CHOICE that its a violation of free speech and on top of that, why doesn't Trump make this claim yet you do?

What does Trump say about free speech?

On the subject of Internet Security....Trump said in a December 2015 rally, "We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people." In the December Republican debate, Donald Trump said that the internet should be shut off to countries that have a majority of their territory controlled by terrorist organizations.
    You see. Only Trump gets to have free speech.
    Last edited by twomp; 03-12-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    The rally wasn't gonna take place on Trump's property. It was to take place at the University of Illinois at Chicago Pavilion; the UIC is a state funded university.
    So go exercise your free speech by going down to a 1st graders class and disrupt it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

So does anyone have evidence of any actual violence against Trump supporters? From what I can tell, people jumped on stage and said things loudly.

Trump wasn't prevented from speaking, so I guess I'm not getting the argument that his free speech was infringed upon.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    So does anyone have evidence of any actual violence against Trump supporters? From what I can tell, people jumped on stage and said things loudly.

Trump wasn't prevented from speaking, so I guess I'm not getting the argument that his free speech was infringed upon.
    He wasn't prevented from speaking without spending a lot on security, but his supporters have been prevented from listening over the shouts and disruptions of the protesters.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A person would have to be totally stupid and/or totally passive aggressive to use this as an argument for why they did not actually disrupt anything by jumping on stage with Trump.

I mean it's obvious that it's not allowed, and it's obvious that it's not allowed for some very good security reasons, so what more do you want?
    Last edited by Petar; 03-12-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post
    So in other words Trump understands the game, something libertarians never have and obviously never will. Nope, you will all keep waiting around for the human race to evolve another 85 IQ points higher on the average and go read Bastiat, and finally we'll have our utopia. Most Trump people are morons, but same can be said for Hillary's, Bernie's, Cruz, etc.

Don't want to send any of you into sugar shock here but people on the whole are nitwits fascinated by shiny trinkets, your long drawn out arguments never reach their brains. How many years you guys been arguing FP now? Yet just months ago, before Trump started speaking, we seemed on the verge of a huge NeoCon revival, now the NeoCons are threatening to vote Hillary and have exposed themselves for what they really are. You can't argue with results.
    Nice of you to agree with me (at least the first part)? I've said this whole thing was well-played. It's impossible to even give someone a compliment here without someone else getting their panties in a twist.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Yep:

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Nice of you to agree with me (at least the first part)? I've said this whole thing was well-played. It's impossible to even give someone a compliment here without someone else getting their panties in a twist.
    Looking over it again you are right, I was a bit rude, I guess I was making more of a general statement to people who keep seeming to think all of us who support Trump are too dumb too see what's going on - but at any rate, sorry for being rude.
    Last edited by hankrichter12; 03-12-2016 at 05:23 PM.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post
    Yep:

Looking over it again you are right, I was a bit rude, I guess I was making more of a general statement to people who keep seeming to think all of us who support Trump are too dumb too see what's going on - but at any rate, sorry for being rude.
    lol. Don't give yourself too much credit.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That woman had every inspiring, catchy sign on earth to choose from.

She chose...

Show Us Your Penis.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Whoa, they rented the fat cat. Now that's a spontaneous grass roots protest.
    Last edited by Danke; 03-12-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

You have to be kidding. Someone threw something today at Trump and rushed the stage trying to topple him, and grabbed on to his leg. He was surrounded by secret service before anything else happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    That woman had every inspiring, catchy sign on earth to choose from.

She chose...

Show Us Your Penis.
    Yeah, I don't know what will happen when Trump starts debating Hillary.

Kaite Packer's Super PAC

Why didn't he just get up on the stage and talk then? Did someone physically impede him from doing that? He makes controversial statements. That's where most of his support comes from. Those controversial statements have caused a backlash.

So does Obama, make controversial statements. So what would you think if someone jumped on the stage and grabbed his leg and protestors, ie terrorists, violently demonstrated and threatened those attending his rallies (like go back to 2008)...not a problem,right? Obama instigated a response,right, by threatening to transform America, kill old white people by denying them healthcare, and various other controversial comments.

I love it how the press highlights supposed (I say supposed because that idiotic reporter never saw who grabbed her and she is a person forcing her way towards a man who has been threatened..like we all know who she is she is so famous) violent incidents by supposed Trump supporters/staff but completely ignore the protestors causing the problems, or should I say do not ignore but paint sympathetic portrayals of them. hey, black lives people, you've had your man in the white house for eight year...why are you so unhappy? Maybe you should look within instead of always blaming someone else for your misery. I am disgusted that someone calling themselves a reporter would file a charge against someone for anything while doing their job in an aggressive and threatening manner. She is a child and needs to go home and live with mommy.

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Authoritarians in history need the support of the military, police and in USA that would also include the majority of the armed populace. I could see Trump being Pro 2nd amendment for the "right minded type of people" while the rest are not mature or responsible enough to own firearms. Of course those that support him would be considered the "right minded type" while those that do not would be the irresponsible types.
    From his book, The America We Deserve, page 102:

"The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions.

...I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."
    In 2015, he came out against gun control...
    Last edited by unknown; 03-12-2016 at 08:03 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    You have to be kidding. Someone threw something today at Trump and rushed the stage trying to topple him, and grabbed on to his leg. He was surrounded by secret service before anything else happened.
    Look at this nations recent history. It is not the right who instigates this stuff. It is the left, who shuts down businesses, roadways, schools and hospitals when they don't like the message they're hearing. They tried to ruin Hobby Lobby and Chic-Fil_A, they drove Glenn Beck off the air and the FIrefox guy out of a job.

I think it's beyond absurd to believe that if we only spoke nicer to them, they wouldn't be so belligerent.

Look at this nations recent history. It is not the right who instigates this stuff. It is the left, who shut down businesses, roadways, schools and hospitals when they don't like the message they're hearing.

I think it's beyond absurd to believe that if we only spoke nicer to them, they wouldn't be so belligerent.
    Nope. It's the opposite. They get worse because we act like we don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Nope. It's the opposite. They get worse because we act like we don't mind.
    But they worst part is that we don't. The real Republicans in the race agreed that if Trump wasn't so bombastic then the SJW's wouldn't be upset.

Trump is one of them - that's why he triggers them so well.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Kaite Packer's Super PAC

"Comments Disabled" - what a shock!

But they worst part is that we don't. The real Republicans in the race agreed that if Trump wasn't so bombastic then the SJW's wouldn't be upset.

Trump is one of them - that's why he triggers them so well.
    yeah,right, it is really hard to trigger sjws, anybody who does not agree with them 100% can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Yeah. I remember her now I looked her up on a thread. I remember thinking, she's not my type back then.

Still isn't.

Oh please. Did the government step in and make him cancel? Was there a gun held to his head? Why isn't he crying free speech was violated like you are. Only he deserves free speech right?
    They don't need to hold a gun to his head. They crashed the rally. Everyone deserves free speech. So when people violate free speech they no longer deserve it. Like the thugs who crashed his rally.

He wants to execute the guy in your avatar. Genius.
    I don't agree with everything he wants. And I am not very afraid for Snowden's safety. He got out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic