•StarTropics
    •Super C
    •Super Mario Bros.
    •Super Mario Bros. 2
    •Super Mario Bros. 3
    •Tecmo Bowl
    •The Legend of Zelda
    •Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No Super Sprint?

Booo
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What is Galaga ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What is Galaga ?
    Not nearly as good as 1942.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I know Tetris was more of a Gameboy hit, but would have been nice if it was included.

Still a good collection of games, and would be a nice living room addition.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not nearly as good as 1942.
    Hell yeah... loop after loop! That was a good one.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Ha! I'm getting one. Thanks for the heads up, j. Gotta spread some rep around, though.

Excitebike, Mario, Ninja Gaiden, and Zelda alone are worth the $$....

My children will be raised on the same games is me..... brings a tear to my eye

- Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Duck Hunt would have been nice.

I play it once in a while here... http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/duckhunt.htm

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-14-2016 at 04:46 PM.

No Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy III/VI? No dice.

Besides, why not just get those games and more on a good emulator? Any computer can play them, and they're really good.
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 07-14-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    No Chrono Cross or Final Fantasy III/VI? No dice.

Besides, why not just get those games and more on a good emulator? Any computer can play them, and they're really good.
    Because 1) controllers are superior to keyboard/mouse 2) playing on a ginormous TV is way more fun than a PC monitor, IMHO. If I were to get one of these things for nostalgia's sake, I would also want the Kirby games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Duck Hunt would have been nice.

I play it once in a while here... http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/duckhunt.htm

That's way better with the red/grey pistol, though.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Cool. Sounds like a great deal. I want one.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I know Tetris was more of a Gameboy hit, but would have been nice if it was included.
    Tetris was/is an everything hit. #1 selling video game of all time, around 500million units sold.

With that said it is nice to see this; but haven't most of these games already been available as downloads in the wii store since the original wii was released?

Give me Duck Hunt or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Excitebike, Mario, Ninja Gaiden, and Zelda alone are worth the $$....

My children will be raised on the same games is me..... brings a tear to my eye
    Serious question. Can you honestly imagine today's kids putting the hours and hours and hours and hours into Zelda?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Serious question. Can you honestly imagine today's kids putting the hours and hours and hours and hours into Zelda?
    I played through quest 1 and half of 2 in just last 6 months. I did use maps. I don't miss burning every tree and bombing every square foot of rock on the frigging map.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Do I get kill streak rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What is Galaga ?
    Stupid millenials...

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Still can't preorder it... it's going to sellout quick. I hope that since it is fairly simple tech they will mass produce for the holidays and not let people scoop them up in bulk then sell them on ebay for $200

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Stupid millenials...

Wut? I'm technically one of them and I got an NES when it came out for Christmas. I didn't play that many of the games, though. Only rented 1 a week max.

I'm really buying it for my son.... no really I am.... seriously.

We are going to be fighting over the controller while I try to beat Zelda again!

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    No Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy III/VI? No dice.

Chrono Trigger and FFVI are SNES games, so they naturally wouldn't be included on an NES device.

The two Zeldas held up very well over time, as did Punch-Out, the Marios, and Tecmo Bowl.

Russian hackers have 'unlocked' the NES Classic, and given enough time, we'll all be able to plug in a USB and play any NES game we want.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 04-09-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Chrono Trigger and FFVI are SNES games, so they naturally wouldn't be included on an NES device.
    It took you only almost a year to type this. Did you just start the hobby?
    Last edited by timosman; 04-09-2017 at 01:24 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today is the last day to get one at the 'normal' $59.00 price. Best buy got a shipment, but after this, Nintendo has stopped all production. No idea why they would stop since they freaking sold like hot cakes and you can't find them anywhere except the devil scalpers online...

Oh well. Can't say I didn't try, but i'll be damned if I pay $250 for this thing... I was excited to try and get one, but Nintendo wouldn't take my money.

- Diogenes of Sinope