Thread: Rand has better shot at GOP nomination now than when Iowa Caucus rolled around

Rand has better shot at GOP nomination now than when Iowa Caucus rolled around

Cruz wins Wisconsin. Trump is going to fall short of a majority. And ultimately, I think all three candidates are $#@!ed out of the nomination at the convention floor. What Paul should do, right freaking now, is channel 2010-12. Get on every news station, talk about every major issue, and speak with the same fire in his belly and same angle he did before he decided to ever run for POTUS. Rand is a bridge between the establishment and the conservative base... and If the establishment thinks they can pick someone in the vein of a Romney, or a McCain... the GOP is done. Paul can be their golden key. I hope he sees the opportunity here.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is definitely not in the mix now that the GOP are in danger of losing the Senate.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Rand has shown how much political skill he has already. Much of it involving micromanagement from his wife.
    Give it up. There won't be a Rand 2020 or the one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Rand has shown how much political skill he has already. Much of it involving micromanagement from his wife.
    Give it up. There won't be a Rand 2020 or the one after that.
    What do you mean? maybe I missed something that happened concerning the wifey?

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Cruz wins Wisconsin. Trump is going to fall short of a majority. And ultimately, I think all three candidates are $#@!ed out of the nomination at the convention floor. What Paul should do, right freaking now, is channel 2010-12. Get on every news station, talk about every major issue, and speak with the same fire in his belly and same angle he did before he decided to ever run for POTUS. Rand is a bridge between the establishment and the conservative base... and If the establishment thinks they can pick someone in the vein of a Romney, or a McCain... the GOP is done. Paul can be their golden key. I hope he sees the opportunity here.
    If he wanted to do that he wouldn't just start doing all that now. He would have been doing it all along, and probably would never have dropped out.

And how is Rand a bridge to the establishment? The establishment tolerates him less than Cruz or Trump.

Too busy trying to keep his Senate seat now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Too busy trying to keep his Senate seat now.
    He won't have any problems keeping it, but the party can't afford to give it up to have Rand on the ballot as VP.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Libertas Aut Mortis View Post
    Probably not. It's the internet, people drop little pellets and run.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    If he wanted to do that he wouldn't just start doing all that now. He would have been doing it all along, and probably would never have dropped out.

And how is Rand a bridge to the establishment? The establishment tolerates him less than Cruz or Trump.
    Sadly, that has been the problem with Rand. It has been possible to create the leverage to get the leadership to tolerate Rand, just as they have had to tolerate the slimy Cruz, namely running third party as the LP nominee, but Rand declined to do it. He (and others in the movement) are too consumed with not losing a "respected position in the GOP" to take that option, which would have given a real reason for the rank and file delegates to consider nominating him at a contested convention.

Because he has not done this, there is no reason for the leadership to tolerate him, or for the delegates to consider him. The fatal flaw in the Paul candidacies has been the presumption, given all the establishment obstacles, that a national liberty candidate could be nominated within the current Republican party regime without resorting to this kind of leverage. Now when the moment is perfect for it, Rand still won't go for it, making it a missed opportunity, in advance.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Sadly, that has been the problem with Rand. It has been possible to create the leverage to get the leadership to tolerate Rand, just as they have had to tolerate the slimy Cruz, namely running third party as the LP nominee, but Rand declined to do it. He (and others in the movement) are too consumed with not losing a "respected position in the GOP" to take that option, which would have given a real reason for the rank and file delegates to consider nominating him at a contested convention.

Because he has not done this, there is no reason for the leadership to tolerate him, or for the delegates to consider him. The fatal flaw in the Paul candidacies has been the presumption, given all the establishment obstacles, that a national liberty candidate could be nominated within the current Republican party regime without resorting to this kind of leverage. Now when the moment is perfect for it, Rand still won't go for it, making it a missed opportunity, in advance.
    Pretty sure he knows how far he could go as a LP nominee due to being the son of an actual LP nominee and having that experience firsthand.

Rand could have easily been in the position Kasich is now; if he hadn't pussed out and quit after Iowa.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Let's please keep it civil, no need to degrade the OP, or Rand. (Some posts deleted).

Put me in the camp that it's a major long shot, but the general point is valid to make.

Also, there are a lot of factors that could have played into Rand dropping out early, way beyond him just wimping out; some considerations: he wanted to focus on his senate seat, he thought to make better use of any available cash, and he didn't want to look bad for hanging on with a low probability situation.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertas Aut Mortis View Post
    There's a video of his wife trying to coach him on live tv and he told her to back off. I'll look for it tomorrow. Also there was tons of media blitz about how she's is the "secret weapon" to his campaign back in 2014.
    Last edited by Nolan; 04-06-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Rand could have easily been in the position Kasich is now; if he hadn't pussed out and quit after Iowa.
    I don't see why you consider it pussing out. He obviously didn't want to be in the position Kasich is in now. Who can blame him for that? Kasich doesn't have a Senate seat to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    There's a video of his wife trying to coach him on live tv and he told her to back off. I'll look for it tomorrow. Also there was tons of media blitz about how she's is the "secret weapon" to his campaign back in 2014.
    That's all? You made quite a leap from just that.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like I said in the other thread.. 1:250 doesn't even sound like horrible odds.
    Likely is a different thing... Possibility, sure.

The dynamics of this election have been completely unpredictable so far. I see absolutely no reason for things to become predictable any time soon. The general election vote, that's going to be pretty predictable depending on which candidates get the ticket I'd say.
    "I am a bird"

I think you're hoping against hope for something that is a virtual impossibility. If by "better" you mean he has gone from one in 50,000,000 to one in 49,999,999 then I cannot argue.

Once again, we see here someone who has lost sight of the fact that this pony race is scripted (however loosely), rigged, and pure baloney. There is NOTHING here for which to hope, save perhaps the impossibly remote chance that the people of this nation would revolt. Don't bet the farm on that. So long as the Meaner is able to fill his pot-like belly, satisfy his naughty bits, and can maintain whatever lie it is that he closely holds as truth about "freedom" or whatever nonsense it may be that keeps his head from exploding in despair at the truth about his living circumstance, there shall be no revolt. Joey and Janey will continue to believe their own Sacred Lies in order to retain the pretext to which they cling and upon which they base the justification for doing nothing of worth in terms of improving their lots in life. As I have drawn my eyes away from the trees, the forest has come into sharp focus. The human animal has become something whose training I have understood since at least my teenage years. I had until fairly recently, held on to the painfully misguided wish to believe that I was somehow mistaken in my assessment of the presence of that spark that would set men to killing that which had lead them down the garden path into de-facto servitude to other men. Boy was I ever a dope. Just like the meaner, I wanted what I wanted and believed what I wanted in the impossible hope that one day people would way "ENOUGH!" and shake the vampires from their necks. But as I have been mentioning of late, that will not be forthcoming, short of the "reset event" to which I have also referred.

As things now stand, nothing short of a majorly disruptive event is likely to stir people from their idiot's slumber. 9/11 was such an event, except that it was not nearly large enough. Had 1000 aircraft been hijacked that day and flown into the buildings of every major city of the "first" world, then perhaps the slumber's spell may have been broken in a meaningful way. But then again, perhaps not, given the timidity to which men are now bred en masse. It appears with every passing day that my more recent assessment of things is correct: the people of this world will never return to a state of survival-worthiness until conditions alter in the way and to the degree that the very ability of the race of men to transition from one day, perhaps even one moment, to the next is immediately threatened in a very clear manner. Given the least pretext upon which to excuse themselves from having to act like men vis-a-vis kept and managed children, men will refuse to lift a finger anymore. Their minds are diseased as with the most insidiously raging cancer of spirit that tells them what they have is better than what they might yet have, were they to man-up and do that which good health demands - and here I mean good spiritual/mental health at least as much as the physical.

The men of this world are in a death-spiral, and I mean this so very literally. Our mean physical health is plummeting. Just look around you at the billion tons of fat waddling around the streets. Is anyone going to dare equivocate to themselves or anyone else that this is actually OK in some way? The physical is driven by the mental, each a reflection of the other. The minds of the average man lies in a terminal condition that is such that it refuses to take the least measures to restore itself to a path which leads to vigorous health, as opposed to its current state of muscle-fueled self-destruction. My eyes at times can barely believe what they behold when it is compared with the vision of that which constitutes a proper state of healthy life. But people want what they want, which are those things that are anathema to physical and mental health. Convenience and petty comfort is more important to us than is freedom, all the beating of our gums to the contrary notwithstanding.

Look around you and see what it out there. We live in a cesspool of mental filth that is so rife with virulent sickness that it has destroyed our bodies as well. I don't give the least damn what example you many parade before my eyes of the hard-bodied bitch who works out and whose thighs could crush my pelvic bones into dust. They, too, will likely die of cancer of some form, the question now being not whether they get it, but when and how many times. I've sat with my wife during chemo. The woman is about to turn 57 and she's built like a brick $#@!house still - hard as rock because she works for a living. But she still got it. My auntie Ly - 87 or 88 now, who for a lifetime ate "healthy" LONG before it was fashionable. Full of cancer for years.... in and out of remission, currently back in. My mom, dead in 1966 on 9 December from the ravages of stomach cancer. My beloved sister in 2009, lung cancer. They all took good care of themselves, and still. The point is that we have painted ourselves into a corner - a bad one - where the things we want conflict with life itself, and the chickens are now coming home to roost. Despite this, we continue to equivocate and and make up all manner of nonsense to justify our continued trod down the path which for us is familiar, and therefore comfortable, even though the tap-dance leads us to our own widespread destruction, both mentally and physically. Yeah, that's a good idea. Even people of a certain general faith that life is the sacred gift of God persist in justifying the rot that leads to genocide. The hell?

Yeah, I know... another one of my insane, blathering tangents, and why should I even bother... I don't know. I guess I just want to have my pathetic little say on the issue... perhaps I am no less the idiot than the rest of whom I complain, holding out hope where none exists in reality. I guess I just cannot escape the depressing character of it all - to have been so fascinated with mere existence for all of my days, much less with life itself; to see the miracle of it all, the wonder... then to watch us all squander it with cell phones and methamphetamine and jealousy and religious contention and all the other profound marks of illness that besmirch the face of the Divine. Are people so bored with the Incredible that they must contrive and concoct the petty dramas of horror and shame and sadness in which we all now marinate? Truly I am a man bereft of intellect because no matter how long I remain imprisoned on this mad world, this habit of men makes no sense to me in even the least measure. I must be a true simpleton because I can sit all day in the orchard outside the front windows of this house and be happy just to be there among my trees, watching them and wondering how in hell any of this came to be - to witness miracles in everything around me. How does that become mundane so that one becomes moved to create drama that leads to nothing but ruin?

OK, so while I am not in the habit of giving advice to anyone, speaking for myself I would not bother with the game that is afoot in US electoral politics. It is unworthy of my time and consideration. There is nothing good there, unless one's objective is to remain diverted and distracted from the truer nature of that which goes on around him. In that case, please carry on.
    Last edited by osan; 04-06-2016 at 04:09 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

lol. Just stop already guys. Rand is done. He will finish out his second and final term as senator then go back to medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Pretty sure he knows how far he could go as a LP nominee due to being the son of an actual LP nominee and having that experience firsthand.
    Prior to the "movement" campaigns of 2008 and 2012, Ron ran solely as the LP nominee in '88, and got the normal LP numbers. Post-Paul movement, Ron or Rand getting the LP nomination, it would have a large bearing on then vying for the GOP nomination, because his much larger appeal at this point would split the anti-Hillary vote. Delegates at the RNC con would consider nominating Paul as a valid alternative to Trump, given a contested convention situation, rather than have him split the conservative vote and lose to Hillary.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

What Paul should do, right freaking now, is channel 2010-12. Get on every news station, talk about every major issue, and speak with the same fire in his belly and same angle he did before he decided to ever run for POTUS.
    If one was inclined to play a role in the GOP selection, one of the most important things to do would be to travel to Israel, maybe even pay a visit to the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So I'm guessing that means not a lot of people on this forum plan to run as stealth Cruz or Trump delegates? Smh. John Patrick Yob, CEO of Strategic National of Grand Rapids, MI, & former National Political Director for McCain 08 & RPFP is literally banking on the possibility of a contested convention. If the rules committee moves towards making it easier for a Romney/Ryan ticket it must include the previously suspended candidates on the first ballot. Paul on the record only has 1, who's to say he couldn't score more morally motivated votes (particularly from the uncommitted delegates opposed to Trump or Cruz)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

John Yob and his current/ex wife are "uncommitted" RNC delegates from USVI this year, if they win their challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If one was inclined to play a role in the GOP selection, one of the most important things to do would be to travel to Israel, maybe even pay a visit to the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia...
    I should have mentioned that there is someone who is doing that right now...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.