Thread: Carly Fiorina wants to control the internet

Carly Fiorina wants to control the internet

It's for the woman and children!

Asked what she thought about regulation of the web, she said it was inevitable that there would be more regulation of it. Why, for instance, is there no protection of women and children on the Internet, when there is plenty in real life. She said this duality — where anything goes on the wild wild west of the Internet — would have to end.

http://venturebeat.com/2009/10/20/we...t-tech-policy/
    Carly is running as the RINO is the California Senate Race...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Protect them from what exactly?

And in the same breath:

She said she is a Republican in the tradition of Abraham Lincoln in that she believes “people, left to themselves, make better decisions about their lives than the government does.”

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    And in the same breath:

She said she is a Republican in the tradition of Abraham Lincoln in that she believes “people, left to themselves, make better decisions about their lives than the government does.”

She is as incoherent as ever, unless a Macy's ad is the peak of intellectual discussion for you...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    She is as incoherent as ever, unless a Macy's ad is the peak of intellectual discussion for you...
    sounds about right.

Carly darn near ruined HP and got over $22 million for doing it.
    HP's founders were probably rolling in their graves during her time as CEO,
    almost as much as the founding fathers would be at the notion of her as senator.
    It wasn't all her fault, but over the years HP went from being one of the best places to work,
    to a place I don't miss being out of (except for the folks I worked with locally).

Quote Originally Posted by freedoms-light View Post
    Carly darn near ruined HP and got over $22 million for doing it.
    HP's founders were probably rolling in their graves during her time as CEO,
    almost as much as the founding fathers would be at the notion of her as senator.
    It wasn't all her fault, but over the years HP went from being one of the best places to work,
    to a place I don't miss being out of (except for the folks I worked with locally).
    She is a Corporate Borg

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It's for the woman and children!

Carly is running as the RINO is the California Senate Race...

which one is she?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahgop View Post
    which one is she?
    THat's exactly what I was going to post.

does anyone know?

Of course they are going to put an ovary-reactive globalist up to a governor's post.

Women will get themselves into trouble no matter what laws are in place. Women have an anterior cingulate cortex and a clitoris but not enough blood to work both.

that is rather offensive.

Nice new haircut on her! Combined with the black leather it makes a real statement...

But why does she want to be yet one more pathetic neocon party hack? She could have tried to do what Sarah Palin has apparently decided not to, and take over the GOP with the Ron Paul platform.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-25-2009 at 06:01 PM.

that is rather offensive.
    It is, but it's a play on the popular cliche that a man has a brain and a penis but not enough blood to work both at the same time.

At least, I hope it was just a joke.

which one is she?
    Shirley you jest...

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Nice new haircut on her! Combined with the black leather it makes a real statement...
    It appears she has gone from a pink Macy's style website to riding a motorcycle in San Francisco.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/w...9-internet-web

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
    Editorial: Keep the wild Web free
    Carly Fiorina has Internet control issues.
    The Orange County Register

For Carly Fiorina, the former Hewlett Packard CEO planning to run for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in California, "www" does not stand for World Wide Web; it stands for wild, wild West, and thus needs more government oversight.

As Californians become familiar with her campaign platform, they might find it surprising that a technology leader would advocate more government controls for this landmark development for freer speech worldwide, rather than be a champion of its unfettered expansion.

Ms. Fiorina made the remarks Thursday to attendees at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, observing that the "online world" has to become more similar to the "offline world." When asked about government's role in regulating the Net, Ms. Fiorina said: "The World Wide Web and the Internet cannot be forever a sphere apart from the rest of the world. The World Wide Web cannot be forever the wild, wild West where anything goes." (You can view the one-on-one interview in its entirety on our blog, Orange Punch: www.ocregister.com/orangepunch.)

It makes no sense to welcome government overseers into the Internet's sphere. The risks that accompany giving government more control over the Internet are being played out in China and Iran – places where content is blocked, Web sites are forbidden and government censors monitor the Internet around the clock.

She justified the intrusion by stating that women and children are exploited online therefore more regulation is needed to make the digital world more like the "offline world."

We called Assemblyman Chuck DeVore, R-Irvine, Ms. Fiorina's GOP primary opponent. He rebutted the point, saying that laws already exist to protect people, and those laws are enforceable whether a law is broken while using the computer or not. We agree.

Barbara Boxer, the Democrat who is defending her Senate seat in next June's election, holds a position similar to that of Ms. Fiorina.

Carly Fiorina has impressive professional credentials, and we're interested to hear more of her positions, but her views about Internet regulation leaves us concerned about her thinking on questions of liberty.

More government control over the Internet will not make anyone safer. What it will do is restrict speech and expression, and make citizens less free.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay I have to tell you this great story about Carly when she was VP of Sales at Ascent Technologies in the Nor California/Silicon Valley era of the dot com boom.

So as many Sales people know, the off sites and parties get pretty intense. Especially the award ceremonies and sales self patronization winning crap.

Carly gets up on stage after a BS hype introduction and has a banana in her hand. Well to keep it short, she states, "Our competitors, analysts, and objectionis think I'm a wimp and I don;t know what I am doing, well... She unzips her sipper on the pant suit she wearing and sticks the banana in their and Says... If anyone questions Me or our ability to succeed... Take a look at my dick!"

This is an Absolute true story... just a little background history on Carly.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Okay I have to tell you this great story about Carly when she was VP of Sales at Ascent Technologies in the Nor California/Silicon Valley era of the dot com boom.
    Lol! I think you mean Lucent. I have some inside stories too...needless to say, she considers herself neo-royalty, as did some of her sycophant associates.