Thread: Administration gives Guaido access to frozen Venezuela bank accounts

Administration gives Guaido access to frozen Venezuela bank accounts

Trump administration gives Venezuelan alternative president access to country's frozen U.S. bank accounts in bid to ratchet up pressure on Nicolas Maduro - after ordering Americans NOT to travel there

The Trump administration took another step to ratchet up pressure on the Maduro regime in Venezuela, granting opposition leader Juan Guaido the ability to access the regime's frozen U.S. bank accounts.

The State Department announced the move a day after the U.S. Treasury slapped sanctions on Venezuela's state-owned oil companies and set in place a system to freeze accounts that also could be placed under Guaido's control.

Venezuela immediately hit back, with the nation's attorney general warning Guaido was not free to leave the country.

That move drew yet another stern response from National Security Advisor John Bolton.

'We denounce the illegitimate former Venezuelan Attorney General's threats against President Juan Guaido. Let me reiterate - there will be serious consequences for those who attempt to subvert democracy and harm Guaido,' Bolton tweeted.

Amid the increasing tension, the State Department warned Americans against traveling to the nation, which is seeing a resurgence of street protests including deaths of demonstrators, and continuing chaos in the nation.

Under the latest U.S. policy, Guaido, who declared himself the legitimate president of the country, can access accounts maintained by the government and the nation's central bank.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-globally.html
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Trump administration gives Venezuelan alternative president access to country's frozen U.S. bank accounts in bid to ratchet up pressure on Nicolas Maduro - after ordering Americans NOT to travel there

The Trump administration took another step to ratchet up pressure on the Maduro regime in Venezuela, granting opposition leader Juan Guaido the ability to access the regime's frozen U.S. bank accounts.

The State Department announced the move a day after the U.S. Treasury slapped sanctions on Venezuela's state-owned oil companies and set in place a system to freeze accounts that also could be placed under Guaido's control.

Venezuela immediately hit back, with the nation's attorney general warning Guaido was not free to leave the country.

That move drew yet another stern response from National Security Advisor John Bolton.

'We denounce the illegitimate former Venezuelan Attorney General's threats against President Juan Guaido. Let me reiterate - there will be serious consequences for those who attempt to subvert democracy and harm Guaido,' Bolton tweeted.

Amid the increasing tension, the State Department warned Americans against traveling to the nation, which is seeing a resurgence of street protests including deaths of demonstrators, and continuing chaos in the nation.

Under the latest U.S. policy, Guaido, who declared himself the legitimate president of the country, can access accounts maintained by the government and the nation's central bank.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-globally.html
    So much freedom.
    There is no spoon.

Banned

Blog Entries
    regime
    everybody is either a regime (state actor, monarch/leader) or a terrorist (non-state actor) now.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yes, since they're recognizing him as the interim head of the country that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    everybody is either a regime (state actor, monarch/leader) or a terrorist (non-state actor) now.
    Well, they don't want to develop negative connotations with the word "government," now do they?

But what if I want to go to Venezuela? You can't just ban me from going somewhere because its dangerous. If I go somewhere like Venezuela and die, its no one elses fault but my own.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-30-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Last edited by AZJoe; 01-30-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Too bad Bolton could not find any courage to stand up against persecution and in for Assange, or Snowden, or Kiriakou, or Manning, or ...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.