Thread: Ron Paul solicits funds for the GOP primary...

Ron Paul solicits funds for the GOP primary...

Congressman Ron Paul

January 11, 2010

Dear Friend of Liberty,

Believe it or not, it is election time again. The Texas Republican Primary is only seven short weeks away and already both parties have turned their attack dogs loose on me . . . doing everything they can to make sure I am defeated.

Never mind all the good I have been able to accomplish for freedom and the American taxpayer in Congress, the enemies of freedom and the elites in Washington want me gone.

Together, we have brought to Congress a voice for Liberty, limited government and a sensible foreign policy. I am deeply grateful for all of your support.

Just look at a few of the things we have accomplished!

We have drawn 317 cosponsors and passed through the House Financial Services Committee a bill to audit the Federal Reserve. We have led the fight against bailouts, Obamacare and Cap and Trade. And, thanks to the national attention our efforts have generated, we have broadened the debate on foreign policy and are challenging the status quo idea that America must be the World's policeman.

It is my desire to return to Congress for another term and have filed for re-election. I am hopeful that I can win, but I urgently need your help.

Seven candidates have filed to run against me. These candidates include three Republicans in my own primary on March 2, and they will stop at nothing to tear down and destroy all we have worked for.

Please read some of the quotes my opponents have been throwing at me:

"(Ron Paul) wants to cut spending on our military industrial complex because he believes in a weaker foreign policy."

"Ron Paul has become a complete nutcase conspiratorialist quasi-Anti-Semitic leftwing American-hating nutball."

"Ron Paul is out of touch with this district and it is time for him to move on...Dr. No Must Go!"

These quotes come directly from my opponents' campaign literature and websites. We cannot let these attacks stand.

I plan to fight back and will mount an aggressive campaign. Carol, my family and my staff are already working very hard, but I need your immediate support.

Please consider making a contribution of $50, $100, $500, $1,000 or even the maximum legal gift of $2,400 to my campaign. Your generous support will allow me to mobilize and ensure we are victorious.

Please logon NOW to my website www.RonPaulforCongress.com and donate as much as you can to help me overcome my opponents and win reelection.

There is a tremendous anti-incumbent, anti-Washington sentiment in America. Politicians across the country face a sea change as outraged Americans threaten to vote them out. While I think this development is a good thing, I am going to have to work hard to ensure I am not caught up in the same wave and swept out of office before our job is done.

If I thought that it would help America, I would gladly step aside and return home to Texas. But the people who want my seat will not work for Liberty. They will instead vote for big spending, eroding our Liberties and policing the world, while ignoring our crooked monetary system.

We stand at a crucial crossroads. Our effort to Audit the Fed and expose the crooked banksters stands tantalizingly close to passage. It is my sincere desire to stay in Congress and press this fight.

But, the road to re-election will be bumpy. My opponents are digging up any and all ammunition they can muster to fire at me.

As many of you know, I represent Galveston, which was hit hard by Hurricane Ike last fall. My office has worked hard to help our constituents, and I am proud of the work we have done.

After the Hurricane, Congress rushed to pass a "relief" bill. Unfortunately, the bill was anything but that. It was loaded with over $6 billion dollars in pork and special interest money that had nothing to do with helping people in need. And, any actual benefits for the people hurt by the natural disaster were run, or should I say hijacked, by the Federal Emergency management Agency (FEMA.) We all remember how well FEMA did helping out in New Orleans.

I knew that voting against this supposed "hurricane relief" would be one of the most difficult political votes I ever cast. But, my vote was never in question. I stood by our principles and stood up for Taxpayers in Texas and across our country and voted against this monstrosity.

You and I may know this vote is a strength, but my opponents see it as an opportunity to attack, and they have been vicious. Forget the billions in pork spending, or the unmanageable big government bureaucracy contained in the legislation. Since I voted against the bill, they scream I must not care about poor people.

They will continue to beat this drum, and if we do not fight back, they may be successful. Think then how few politicians will be willing to take principled votes against big government in the future if they see me defeated because of my stand.

For thirty years, I have run on the belief that Liberty and free markets are the source of American prosperity. I will continue to fight for these principles regardless of the attacks and personal smears. But, I need your help to return to Washington.

Again, I hope you will consider contributing to my re-election campaign. Together, we can restore our freedoms and protect the American Dream.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. Early voting in my primary begins on February 15th. Time is of the essence and I have already begun campaigning hard. Your timely support is truly needed. Please contribute to my campaign TODAY at www.RonPaulforCongress.com
    Donated!

You sent a payment of $25.00 USD to Committee to Re-Elect Ron Paul (contribution@ronpaulforcongress.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
    Merchant
    Committee to Re-Elect Ron Paul
    contribution@ronpaulforcongress.com
    800-766-7285 Instructions to merchant
    "It's absolutely astounding...the Tea Party is one of the biggest movements in history, and every one we've been to has been FERTILE ground for our ideas." -TheTyke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He's not going to lose. I think our limited funds would better go to people who need it more. If you really want to donate, save that money and wait for his 2012 Presidential run
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

The style of this email is not Ron Paul's and I don't like him allowing his name to be signed to things that obviously (to me at least) were not written by him.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    The style of this email is not Ron Paul's and I don't like him allowing his name to be signed to things that obviously (to me at least) were not written by him.
    yeah... kinda odd email was my first thought when I read it.

Sounds like a canned message from an Intern working on SALES/MARKETING 101 class
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

As many of you know, I represent Galveston, which was hit hard by Hurricane Ike last fall.
    Hurricane Ike hit in 2008, not last fall...Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Hurricane Ike hit in 2008, not last fall...Hmm
    Just more proof he didn't write it. Paul can pull passage dates of obscured legislation out in conversation at will. I'm quite sure he'd be able to recall when Ike hit his district.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Regardless, donate if you can. I'll reserve some for early February...
    Truth Drives Me

I think he wrote quite a bit of the letter, myself. Probably not the entire thing, but all of the side conversations that weren't related to the sell sounded like him.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I completely agree that the email wasn't written by Paul...he never writes emails that long and there were fairly obvious 'style' giveaways in there as well. But he did mention on one of his recent TV appearances that it might be a little tougher primary fight this time so I've got no problem tossing him a little cash. With that said, I think there is little doubt that he'll be back in D.C for another round.

actually this letter, makes me think f the gop.. not because of Ron Paul but because of the gop.
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 01-11-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Who is in the primary that is going to warrant siphoning donations to other candidates? I live in TX-14 and so far nobody has really hit the threshold to warrant breaking out the email list for his race.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

"Ron Paul has become a complete nutcase conspiratorialist quasi-Anti-Semitic leftwing American-hating nutball."

lmao
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Who is in the primary that is going to warrant siphoning donations to other candidates? I live in TX-14 and so far nobody has really hit the threshold to warrant breaking out the email list for his race.
    Cash on hand as of 9/30

CHERRY, JEFF REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $450

COCHRAN, WINSTON EARLE JR DEMOCRATIC PARTY CHALLENGER
    $0

GAY, JOHN RAYMOND REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $2,242

GRANEY, TIMOTHY M REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $0

PAUL, RONALD E. REPUBLICAN PARTY INCUMBENT
    $2,047,127

WALL, GERALD D REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $1,107
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    Cash on hand as of 9/30

CHERRY, JEFF REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $450

COCHRAN, WINSTON EARLE JR DEMOCRATIC PARTY CHALLENGER
    $0

GAY, JOHN RAYMOND REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $2,242

GRANEY, TIMOTHY M REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $0

PAUL, RONALD E. REPUBLICAN PARTY INCUMBENT
    $2,047,127

WALL, GERALD D REPUBLICAN PARTY CHALLENGER
    $1,107
    Wow... where'd you get that info from?

Of course anything left over can be used for his 2012 presidential campaign

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Wow... where'd you get that info from?

Of course anything left over can be used for his 2012 presidential campaign
    http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/...ection_yr=2010

I don't think you can link to the page for each district.

Just go to that page click on Texas and then go to District 14 on the drop down menu.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Seven candidates have filed to run against me. These candidates include three Republicans in my own primary on March 2
    Oh man, lol! Poor Jeff Cherry. He bailed on the GOP primary after talking about how great a conservative he was to a democrat primary with no one else and figured he'd be in for an easy ride. Now he has three people opposing him in that primary; which he'll lose like he would have had he stayed in the GOP primary.

As for this race, I'm not worried in the least. I was in 2008; there was a ton of buzz surrounding Chris Peden and he had donated nearly $150,000 of his own money to his campaign. But this time it's a bunch of nobodies that no one is really talking about. Paul will win again on March 2nd. And in a GOP year in a very GOP district, it's fair to say the democrat's candidate is just token opposition.

By the way, which of Paul's opponents said:

? That seems messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/...ection_yr=2010

I don't think you can link to the page for each district.

Just go to that page click on Texas and then go to District 14 on the drop down menu.
    Thanks. Was not aware of that.