Thread: You can't leave the country if you owe the KGB....IRS

You can't leave the country if you owe the KGB....IRS

Owe thousands in back taxes and need to get out of the country? No problem. Under current law, the State Department can't withhold a passport over unpaid taxes.
    But that could change, if lawmakers decide to run with the findings of a new government report suggests Uncle Sam could recoup billions by blocking delinquent Americans from getting passports until they settle their debts to the IRS.

Welcome to the New America, prisoner #25476
    from Faux.....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1JLn2mqGQ
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This should be huge news, and should be a multi thousand hit thread.

When government starts thinking about blocking the exits, you know $#@! is preparing to go real bad.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-12-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

When government starts thinking about blocking the exits, you know $#@! is preparing to go real bad.
    yea thats what I was thinking but .......bump
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

what's next? debtors prison?
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    yes, you'll know they are really serious when they start building that wall on the borders.

Wage garnishments have made those obsolete.

Funny how open borders start looking pretty good when you are the one trying to get into another country.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

^LOL. pretty soon you're gonna see americans on shoddily built rafts drifting their way towards cuba

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    Wage garnishments have made those obsolete.
    Wrong. We already have debtors prison with "ability to earn" lifestyle child support laws. A non-custodial parent could be providing shelter, clothing and food for a child but if they fall $1 short on a lifestyle child support reward they end up in debtors prison. This is not uncommon in the US to find fathers providing support and paying hundreds to thousands a month and yet still being thrown in jail.

Anyone behind in child support also cannot leave the country, they have their passports revoked and should they escape, the federal OCSE through international agreements maybe able to bring them back to the US.

They take our rights through incremental legislation like this using propaganda slogans like "we all need to pay our fair share", "it is for the children" and "to keep us safe". The ignorant sheep then buy it hook, line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Wrong. We already have debtors prison with "ability to earn" lifestyle child support laws. A non-custodial parent could be providing shelter, clothing and food for a child but if they fall $1 short on a lifestyle child support reward they end up in debtors prison. This is not uncommon in the US to find fathers providing support and paying hundreds to thousands a month and yet still being thrown in jail.

Anyone behind in child support also cannot leave the country, they have their passports revoked and should they escape, the federal OCSE through international agreements maybe able to bring them back to the US.

They take our rights through incremental legislation like this using propaganda slogans like "we all need to pay our fair share", "it is for the children" and "to keep us safe". The ignorant sheep then buy it hook, line and sinker.
    Heartless exs can game the system easily. Mine only had to pay $5 every 30 days to stay out of jail and he most certainly didn't provide any material support of any kind. It took me years for the state to enforce even that minimal a standard upon him. Believe it or not he eventually failed to provide even the $5. Apparently my mileage has differed significantly from your above posted response. This was in Georgia, fwiw...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    ^LOL. pretty soon you're gonna see americans on shoddily built rafts drifting their way towards cuba
    Amusing visual esp. considering I grew up in Miami (FL).

Too true about tsghtf...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

When I saw the thread title, my initial reaction was the thought that the country itself is the debtor's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Indeed. My insides have gone a bit cold over this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    When I saw the thread title, my initial reaction was the thought that the country itself is the debtor's prison.

Indeed. My insides have gone a bit cold over this one.
    Anybody who has the means should acquire dual citizenship. It can prove a ticket out of the country-debtor's-prison if things go sour.

Anybody who has the means should acquire dual citizenship. It can prove a ticket out of the country-debtor's-prison if things go sour.
    If you have a big family you're close with, that's not an option. Even if you don't, where would you go that isn't going to hell just as fast? If there is anywhere in the world for freedom-loving people to make their stand, it's here. This is my home, and I am not being driven out of it.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 04-13-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    But that could change, if lawmakers decide to run with the findings of a new government report suggests Uncle Sam could recoup billions by blocking delinquent Americans from getting passports until they settle their debts to the IRS.
    So anyone who wants to pay their debts and has cash overseas can't travel to get it?

The slaves must pay there masters or else the chains will not come off!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stary Hickory View Post
    The slaves must pay there masters or else the chains will not come off!
    Even if you have relocated permanently to another country, through international tax agreements the IRS obligation is something like 9-10 years.

They own us. We are all slaves.

Yeah, its called a McJob.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The IRS needs to leave this country........before we should have to. They need to be shut down forcefully.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 04:38 AM.

Yeah. I've been looking into that and mulling it over for a few years. My Russian is getting pretty good, so I reckon when I save up the ca$h I'm going for dual citizenship in Russia or east europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.