Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Rush Limbaugh

RIP Rush Limbaugh

A radio pioneer...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Besides being a radio pioneer, he was also the most vocal supporter of Bush-Cheney and lately had warmd up to Trump. He also seemed skeptical of official covid messaging.

But his lasting legacy would be his role in cultivating public support for Iraq Freedom Invasion that turned out to be the biggest blunder in US history.

Much of the conservative media has seized on the Times articles as long-awaited, sweet vindication of Bush’s case for war. According to Rush Limbaugh, it is now proven that “Saddam Hussein was doing and had done pretty much everything he was being accused of that justified that invasion.”

And the conservative glee is understandable: after all, Bush said Iraq had WMD, and here they are. Unfortunately for the right, however, they are just as wrong about this issue now as they were in 2003 — but for a peculiar, little-understood reason: Saddam Hussein was not trying to hide the chemical munitions found by the U.S. Just the opposite, in fact.
    https://theintercept.com/2015/04/10/...d-story-right/

May lord have mercy on his soul.

I have not tuned in for awhile, anyone know when he last aired? Reading comments here and there I hear people saying he still sounded good when he last worked.

Oh no, who will tell me a 30 minute long story about scary Democrats just to sell me a home security system?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

RIP
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Not a fan but may he rest in peace. His passing is quite unexpected I guess ?
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    He was suffering from lung cancer. That's most likely why he died.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I have not tuned in for awhile, anyone know when he last aired? Reading comments here and there I hear people saying he still sounded good when he last worked.
    I believe he was live a week ago.

Not really. He has been battling cancer for a while.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

No, it was expected. He announced back in October that his cancer was terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He was truly talented at doing what he did. I think he knew how to make himself sound good when others wouldn't be able to. Remember, he had to train himself to sound good with major hearing problems that he developed late in life.

Rush got me interested in political and dialogue. Even if he didn't actually practice dialogue. I listened to him religiously during college, even had the Limbaugh Letter for several years and read both his books. He was an incredible communicator. I stopped listening to him when I realized way to late it was just a show and that he didn't really believe on taking his philosophy to it's natural ends. Which would mean that we would have to actually implement limited government.

I'm sad for his relatively early death and he was likeable even if as I matured I saw through alot of it.

However, I don't think what he created has actually been good for political discourse. He taught people had to be right and that the only thing that was right was his beliefs. Now we have a whole generation of morons who do that daily on social media and RPF....myself included. lol..
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I'm ashamed to say that I used to listen to this propagandist back in the '90's.

Unless he's living down on Bush's plantation in Paraguay with Epstein and Ken Lay, I guess he hasn't beaten the ride that awaits all of us.

That said, he had a great opportunity to tell some truths that badly needed to be said before the end of his life, without fear of repercussions.

He did not.

To the end, he chose to support a system of Abe Lincoln stomping on your face............forever.

I won't miss him.

He can be replaced with any neocon talking head as easily as replacing broken plumbing.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 02-17-2021 at 12:41 PM.

It's tinfoil hat territory but I still can't shake the feeling that a different Rush was inserted into the seat after he disappeared because of the drug problem. The actual voice that came out of the radio was noticeably different than the voice that was there before. It's always seemed like a different person took over the show and just portrayed Rush Limbaugh.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's tinfoil hat territory but I still can't shake the feeling that a different Rush was inserted into the seat after he disappeared because of the drug problem. The actual voice that came out of the radio was noticeably different than the voice that was there before. It's always seemed like a different person took over the show and just portrayed Rush Limbaugh.
    Maybe Rush can Live On. Kinda like Bond, James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Maybe Rush can Live On. Kinda like Bond, James Bond.
    Or like Elvis Presley ... ("I was at some gas station in Podunk, Nowhere - just passing through - and as I was scanning through the stations on the radio, I heard a voice that sounded familiar. I tried to turn back to the station, but I couldn't find it again. I swear that voice sounded just like Rush Limbaugh ...")
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Remember When Rush Tried to Disavow Ron Paul from the Tea Party?

Rush Limbaugh was a neocon hack who gave lip service to conservative ideas, but supported interventionist policies and big government when Republicans did it. I'm glad he's off the air, and now he'll be giving an account to God for his decades of unbiblical principles as an apologist for the terrorism of the Republican Party.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I disliked Rush back in the Bush days and still think he was wrong.

I like the Rush that was truly supportive of Trump. I like that Trump as not an establishment politician even though he isn't libertarian. I like that Rush was an early adopter, unlike Glenn Beck.

I see Rush as an ally. This is part of my evolution from a previous position of looking at people as pure libertarians or enemies. I now see many conservatives as allies on a scale.

Life brings us clarifying moments where you find out where people really stand. An example is Bernie Sanders opposing Audit The Fed efforts. Bernie can talk a good game about opposing banksters, but when it comes down to it, the guy takes the payoffs. The Trump presidency brought forth many clarifying moments and I appreciate that.

RIP Rush.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post

Rush Limbaugh was a neocon hack who gave lip service to conservative ideas, but supported interventionist policies and big government when Republicans did it. I'm glad he's off the air, and now he'll be giving an account to God for his decades of unbiblical principles as an apologist for the terrorism of the Republican Party.
    Rush also praised Ron Paul as the only candidate that had a real fiscally conservative reform plan.

I never had really listened to him but in '91 I bought a new chevy truck that only had an AM radio so sometimes on my way into work around lunchtime if I recall I'd have it on for a bit . Cant say I ever learned anything but I can say that about all the others too . He had a big following for a guy no more polished than he was , similar to savage and trump .RIP
    Do something Danke

$#@!, there goes my dream Trump / Limbaugh 2024 ticket.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post

Yeah, Rush was a neoconservative on foreign policy.

As for that caller, he started out attacking Rush, and then said he supported Ron Paul. That always helps the cause.

On the other hand, let’s laugh at Rush’s pick of Rick Santorum. He’s now the token RINO neocon on CNN.

Rush was always a GOP partisan, but at least in the era of Trump, his eyes were opened to the corrupt establishment of both Parties. He didn't have any qualms about calling out people like Mitch McConnell.

He was a mixed bag, but was instrumental in creating conservative talk radio.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberals on Twitter must be relishing his death I'd imagine.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Yes, I imagine you are correct regarding the rank and file rejoicing.

The handlers know that the lightning rods of your opposition make your best selling points for you.

Rush was a commie dream come true just as much as the NRA or the Proud Boys.

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...06611574206464

https://twitter.com/MattAgorist/stat...05865134866435

Saw some of that on Wikipedia. I checked his page earlier to see if it would have the last day of his show and it was vandalized temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    He was truly talented at doing what he did. I think he knew how to make himself sound good when others wouldn't be able to. Remember, he had to train himself to sound good with major hearing problems that he developed late in life.
    You have to give him that although I was not a fan of his Neocon side he was was spot on calling out the hypocrisy of the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/MattAgorist/stat...05865134866435
    Twitter is a free speech platform! Got to take the bad with the good, a trend is a trend, and trends get promoted without judgement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast