Thread: How to defeat a democrat in a discussion.

How to defeat a democrat in a discussion.

Make the subject of the discussion something other than the current events. They rely on feelings so they have nothing to help them in the future or in the past.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Be Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Not necessary. You can do it too.

I find Shapiro very entertaining in the way he flays those who come at him with their stupidities. He's very sharp and quick, like that press secretary... what's her name. Razor sharp and top-fuel quick out of the hole. Slams them every time, albeit politely.

I, OTOH, need time to think things through.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Two very different people.

Jordan Peterson wins because he does the exact opposite of Shapiro. Peterson is measured, respectful, and deeply intelligent.

Shapiro is a right wing snowflake with a very loud mouth and very good at lying. He doesn't win anything. Winning constitutes the other side admitting your victory. Shapiro just shouts. Those who already agree with him cheer. Those who disagree think he is wrong. Nothing changes.

Shapiro and Peterson have done a few podcasts together. Even though they disagree on some things, both seem quite agreeable and appear to like the other.

I'm with you though, out of Peterson, Shapiro, and Molyneaux, I like Peterson's style the best and Shapiro's the least.

I'm with osan 100% though. I need time to digest, ponder, and I'll get back with you tomorrow on my rebuttal. Shapiro is a good person to have on your side of the debate.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Remember the videos from when Peter Schiff when down to occupy wallstreet and debated its inhabitants? Those were pretty darn good.

Last edited by specsaregood; 02-07-2018 at 07:20 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Use Reverse psychology.

If the subject is racism, I ask, “Really? And what do your neighbors look like?”
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Shapiro is a right wing snowflake with a very loud mouth and very good at lying.
    My limited experience with him suggests otherwise. Could you point to a video where he displays such unflattering qualities? The few I have seen shows a very different character. He was respectful, if mildly sarcastic at times, but always polite while utterly obliterating the idiotic positions of those who attempted to challenge him in what I would call less-than-mannerly fashion. So if you can point me to a place where he behaves poorly, I would not mind seeing it.

Winning constitutes the other side admitting your victory.
    Well that's not true at all. I regularly demolish the arguments of people who in turn refuse to admit that they'd just been handed their own asses.

Shapiro just shouts.
    I've yet to experience him raising his voice. Not even a little.

Nothing changes.
    Of course not - he is dealing with timid, self-absorbed pansies who, given the chance and an endowment of guts they could never attain even by God's firmest command, would kill him for the unbridled hatred I have seen made manifest in their cowardly, back-biting manner. There is no changing the minds of such people, if they can even be said to have minds.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Shapiro is Zippy's mirror.

How to break a democrat?

Ask them how do they know they are right? Can they prove that without logic?