Thread: Ron Paul: Sanity happened because Democrat entered Trump Tower

Ron Paul: Sanity happened because Democrat entered Trump Tower

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...er-doors-today

Anti-gun communist Democrat Congresswoman who voted for Hillary entered Trump Tower today....sanity happened according to Ron Paul.

Was also posted to the Ron Paul Facebook page

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ng-for-clinton
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 11-21-2016 at 08:52 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Her gun control policies and who she voted for is irrelevant if she is going to be Secretary of State.

Tulsi wasn't for Hillary in large part because of Hillary's foreign policy that upended Libya, Egypt and the ongoing situation in Syria. In essence, she's a true anti-war democrat and I have no problem w/ a person of that flavor becoming our lead in the state dept or in front of the UN - while it's still around.

Much better than Bolton. Actually this could be a win-win for Trump. She might could make a good SOS. How do Dems view her?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Much better than Bolton. Actually this could be a win-win for Trump. She might could make a good SOS. How do Dems view her?
    The DNC totally dissed her - I think she was "uninvited" to the convention because she wouldn't support Hillary, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    The DNC totally dissed her - I think she was "uninvited" to the convention because she wouldn't support Hillary, something like that.
    Oh, well, $#@!. Dissin' Hillary? The slut.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't think she would be very popular with her views.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Tulsi wasn't for Hillary in large part because of Hillary's foreign policy that upended Libya, Egypt and the ongoing situation in Syria. In essence, she's a true anti-war democrat and I have no problem w/ a person of that flavor becoming our lead in the state dept or in front of the UN - while it's still around.
    Please explain how she can be anti-war when she voted for pro-war Hillary for president.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Oh, well, $#@!. Dissin' Hillary? The slut.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't think she would be very popular with her views.
    yeah.... Gabbard would have gone nowhere with the Dems unless she toes the company line.

I like her a lot - I hope Trump gives her a position.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, if this is true it will be the first contender I have heard yet from the President Elect's team for a good choice at State. Her irrational domestic policies will not matter excepting that her rise of profile may bring prominence to her disastrous domestic policies later and in a different office. Foreign policy she is light years ahead of any other trial balloon sent up yet. If real, the choice could signal both opposition to hyper partisanship, and a genuine down turn in American hyper adventurism.

There would also be some delicious schadenfreude to come out of such a thing, in BOTH flavors, red AND blue. Republican go-team-red partisans are liable to be stricken about it. Same for Democrat go-team-blue partisans. Round 2 of the salty tear apocalypse but this time both teams would be pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Please explain how she can be anti-war when she voted for pro-war Hillary for president.
    what makes you say she voted for Hillary?

what makes you say she voted for Hillary?
    When in doubt, ask Google....I made a search for Clinton Gabbard....here's the first result

When in doubt, ask Google....I made a search for Clinton Gabbard....here's the first result

meh. She's playing 3D chess

I'll take her over a Bolton or Ghouliani any day. She's young and will soon figure out the American people aren't going to be disarmed.
    "The Patriarch"

How can Rand be anti war when he voted for pro-war Trump? Rand and Tulsi are similar. They're party players to the degree needed. I fault them for it, but it hasn't ruled them out in my eyes.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    How can Rand be anti war when he voted for pro-war Trump? Rand and Tulsi are similar. They're party players to the degree needed. I fault them for it, but it hasn't ruled them out in my eyes.
    I agree. Rand and Tulsi are cut from the same cloth. Very good, very smart and very focused.

Fight the battles you can win.

I agree. Rand and Tulsi are cut from the same cloth. Very good, very smart and very focused.

Fight the battles you can win.
    I'm waiting for more "but shes a democrat/statist pig who believes in XYZ!"

We need allies on the #1 presidential issue, war and peace. I'll vote for any major party candidate that I honestly believe will push for peace. I'd rather have two pro peace candidates running so people can actually vote based on other policies, too, though. Rand Paul v Tulsi Gabbard 2020 or 2024 would give me a lot less heartburn, and let the country actually debate domestic issues and economic policies.

Edit: I'm aware war and peace are not actually presidential powers. But in practice, they are.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Deep game. HuffPo June 2016.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0092652d744e9

In fact, Rep. Gabbard has declined to co-sponsor any common sense gun control legislation, including H.R.4269— the Assault Weapons Ban of 2015 — which is co-sponsored by 125 of Gabbard’s fellow Democrats. Here are the other nine gun bills that Gabbard has NOT supported:

H.R.4748—Imported Assault Weapons Ban of 2016
    H.R.3926 — Gun Violence Research Act
    H.R.3411 — Fix Gun Checks Act of 2015
    H.R.2380 — Gun Show Loophole Closing Act of 2015
    H.R.1745 — Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act
    H.R.752 — Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
    H.R.226 — Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act
    H.R.225 — Firearm Safety Act of 2015
    H.R.224 — To require the Surgeon General of the Public Health Service to submit to Congress an annual report on the effects of gun violence on public health.
    If Tulsi Gabbard does not support common sense gun laws, she should let the residents of her district know that before they go to the polls this August. If she does support these gun laws, she needs to join her fellow Democrats (and some Republicans) and co-sponsor the above bills immediately.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    I'm waiting for more "but shes a democrat/statist pig who believes in XYZ!"

We need allies on the #1 presidential issue, war and peace. I'll vote for any major party candidate that I honestly believe will push for peace. I'd rather have two pro peace candidates running so people can actually vote based on other policies, too, though. Rand Paul v Tulsi Gabbard 2020 or 2024 would give me a lot less heartburn, and let the country actually debate domestic issues and economic policies.

Edit: I'm aware war and peace are not actually presidential powers. But in practice, they are.
    This is the main point. The fact that Trump even held a meeting with Gabbard is a very encouraging sign, as it's something a War Party owned President would never do. Picking her for SoS would shut everybody up, from the Left who say his major appointments aren't inclusive enough, to those of us who don't want another nation-building/regime-change neocon at the State Department.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 11-22-2016 at 07:45 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Seriously... If Trump selects Gabbard as Secretary of State, this will be his best appointment, hands-down.

On foreign policy, Gabbard is great. And it has the added bonus of keeping her out of the House and keeping her the hell away from domestic policy!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

trump doesn't have nearly the courage to make Gabbard SoS or even UN Ambassador. Even if he had any intent for peace. Mark my words.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    trump doesn't have nearly the courage to make Gabbard SoS or even UN Ambassador. Even if he had any intent for peace. Mark my words.
    That's a mighty bold prediction. You may be right, but I think he relishes being unpredictable.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Back in '72 I predicted otherwise.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    That's a mighty bold prediction. You may be right, but I think he relishes being unpredictable.
    I will be ecstatic to be wrong.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Seriously... If Trump selects Gabbard as Secretary of State, this will be his best appointment, hands-down.

On foreign policy, Gabbard is great. And it has the added bonus of keeping her out of the House and keeping her the hell away from domestic policy!
    Having said this, if Trump selects her for a lesser position like Ambassador to the UN or Secretary of Veterans' affairs, it will be an insult to us all. Her value lies in her clear-eyed vision for American foreign policy. She needs to be at the table to direct that policy. If it's not SoS or Defense Secretary, it will be unacceptable.

What matters more than the names are the positions. Sessions is a terrible pick for AG, but could have been decent for Commerce Secretary.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She's been a relatively lone voice in Congress about ousting Assad in direct violation of the MIC war machine. Also, her eventual tacit support for HRC is the equivalent to our Massie going for Trump or Rand going for Romney in 2012. Optics.