Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: IL-Man gets dragged off and bloodied for refusing to give up seat on United flight

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Let assume that they needed those workers in order to keep their planes safe and on time and not transporting those worker would inconvenience way more people than the initial 4. Also assume that everything they did was according to he books and according to the contract signed by the passengers. Then what would you do if the rolled passenger still decides not to follow the rules?
    beat the $#@! out of him?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I owned an airline and needed 4 employees 7 hours drive South or a 30 minute flight South in a place I already have many employees I would make different arrangements than calling cops on seated , paid customers and having them pulled off. Of course I have ran businesses much more successful than american airline companies.LOL
    Do something Danke

Society is being indoctrinated.

Next up complain your fries are cold and get beaten at McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    beat the $#@! out of him?
    I dunno, I am the one asking you the question. What do you do to a person who refuses to follow the rules of the contract he signed when buying a ticket? and you don't have all day, wasted time could cause a chain reaction that would lead to loads of flight delays and cancellations.

I dunno, I am the one asking you the question. What do you do to a person who refuses to follow the rules of the contract he signed when buying a ticket? and you don't have all day, wasted time could cause a chain reaction that would lead to loads of flight delays and cancellations.
    Start a reverse bid auction to leave. For example who will leave their seat for $10,000 dollars? Do I hear $9500? $9,000? Seat unoccupied for $1250.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post

I think society is being trained to read the fine prints in the documents they signs and also that going for cheapo airline tickets is not always a good idea. As long as consumers continue seeking cheaper and cheaper air fares, these sort of things would continue to happen.

People want a Hilton penthouse experience at a motel 6 basement room price. That ain't going to happen.

I read the news today, oh boy
    About a lucky man who made the grade
    And though the news was rather sad
    Well I just had to laugh
    I saw the photograph.

He blew his mind out on a plane
    He didn't notice that the rules had changed
    A crowd of people stood and stared
    They'd seen his face before
    Nobody was really sure
    If he was convicted before

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I totally agree. You can't just rip up contracts because they're unpopular. There's a lot of hatred on this forum for big business. I hear people complaining about the overbooking problem but how many of you would pay extra for a confirmed seat? Most of you will try to find the cheapest seat possible and agree to the possibility that you'll get bumped.

That being said my guess is that the profit margins for the airlines are stretched thin by government regulations so they have to resort to trying to save money any way possible. Things like this probably wouldn't happen as much if we had a free market in air flight.

All airlines have their hands tied: (wrt involuntary bumping)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/250.5

ASSuming the fare on such a short flight was $200 or less, $800 was the max by law that could be offered. (Your government rules, not United or other airlines). $1600 in his case as he was traveling with his wife.

Now, should the Customer Service Rep. have realized the had a nut case (https://www.thelayoff.com/t/MK1fXsP http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ast/100318320/ ) probably medicated up, and gone on to another passenger, yeah, probably. But it was the local cops that got unnecessarily physical.
    Last edited by Danke; 04-11-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I totally agree. You can't just rip up contracts because they're unpopular. There's a lot of hatred on this forum for big business. I hear people complaining about the overbooking problem but how many of you would pay extra for a confirmed seat? Most of you will try to find the cheapest seat possible and agree to the possibility that you'll get bumped.

That being said my guess is that the profit margins for the airlines are stretched thin by government regulations so they have to resort to trying to save money any way possible. Things like this probably wouldn't happen as much if we had a free market in air flight.
    people go for the cheapest fare, period. In reality it is not selling the same seat twice because many seat are fully refundable and/or changeable. That is how many business travelers book because they want flexibility, late meetings, etc.

want government to step in and end this practice, guess what, fares will have to increase for everyone.

many savvy travelers purposely book on flights that have a high probability of over booking, so they can make some money as their travel needs are flexible.
    Last edited by Danke; 04-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    All airlines have their hands tied:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/250.5

ASSuming the fare on such a short flight was $200 or less, $800 was the max by law that could be offered. (Your government rules, not United or other airlines). $1600 in his case as he was traveling with his wife.

Now, should the Customer Service Rep. have realized the had a nut case probably medicated up, and gone on to another passenger, yeah, probably. But it was the local cops that got unnecessarily physical.
    Wasn't this law written to protect the consumer for their inconvenience? If an airline wanted to pay more, does this law seriously prevent them from doing so? I would be shocked if there weren't ways to for a private corporation to offer incentives to customers above "lawful" limits put in place.

Welcome back, BTW.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post

Yea the profits are thin but I am sure we can imagine scenarios where an industry has a very thin margin of profit even in the freest of markets. I personally blame the consumers for incidents like this, everybody is chasing cheaper and cheaper airfare and the airlines are being pushed to the limit to satisfy the needs of the consumer. We are at a point where airlines are squeezing in as many seats in those small planes in order to meet offer low fares.

This is one of those situation where I think one gets what they paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Been flying Continental and then United for 20 years now, million mile flyer.

Have been in a high state of piss off over the merger for years now.

But this was the last straw, wrote a hate/ragequit mail to United and have switched to Jet Blue.

google JB, they have a lot of incidents too, and a lot fewer options for travel when TSHF, weather, ext.
    Last edited by Danke; 04-11-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    They overbook by design. Usually a no show or 2 means there are no issues.
    The seats were going to employees. They say overbooked but i think they understaffed at SDF.

When the $800 offer was turned down they should have gone for $1000.....etc. just read danke's post.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-11-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Yea the profits are thin but I am sure we can imagine scenarios where an industry has a very thin margin of profit even in the freest of markets. I personally blame the consumers for incidents like this, .....
    You should be blaming the government for limiting the options.

Sorry, But the FAA Has Decided Your 'Uber for Planes' Idea Can't Fly

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know why people are so up in arms about this.
    Because flying is a humiliating and miserable experience to begin with.

To have your bought and paid for property arbitrarily taken away from you, cops called on you and a beat down on top of it all, goes over the line, even for stupid meek and lazy AmeriKunts.

I hope this blows up into a $#@!storm of galactic proportions because maybe, just maybe, we'll get people pissed off about gate raping pedophiles and all the other nonsense that is modern air travel in AmeriKa.

As I already noted, I'm a twenty year million mile United flyer, and I ragequit them today.

Don't know why people are up in arms over this....pffffft...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Indeed, this says all I need to know about this copsucker.

I wont be flying united if I can reasonably find an alternative.

you can have this experience on all airlines, with the majors, you have a better chance to get to your destination because the have many more flights, planes and crews when things fall apart, and hubs to reroute you.
    Last edited by Danke; 04-11-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

This has already been explained...this was NOT an overbooking situation.

From my last United flight eticket:

Notice - Overbooking of Flights - Airline flights may be overbooked, and there is a slight chance that a seat will not be available on a flight for which a person has a confirmed reservation. If the flight is overbooked, no one will be denied a seat until airline personnel first ask for volunteers willing to give up their reservation in exchange for compensation of the airline’s choosing. If there are not enough volunteers, the airline will deny boarding to other persons in accordance with its particular boarding priority. With few exceptions, including failure to comply with the carrier’s check-in deadlines, which are available upon request from the air carrier, persons, denied boarding involuntarily are entitled to compensation. The complete rules for the payment of compensation and each airline’s boarding priorities are available at all airport ticket counters and boarding locations. Some airlines do not apply these consumer protections to travel from some foreign countries, although other consumer protections may be available. Check with your airline or your travel agent.

Now, that is for an overbooking, which this was not.

This was ejecting paying a passenger in order to accommodate internal United transfer of airline staff.

This situation never should have gotten to this point, which is now what Munoz is saying.

The flight crew should have been accommodated in some other way, even if meant going to another airline, which happens often.

I sat next to a Delta pilot on a United flight to Newark a couple of months ago.

Consumed by the Wendigo my ass.
    AHA!

I knew this story would draw you out!!!

$200 when, a month before or 12 hours before departure?

But it was the local cops that got unnecessarily physical.
    No argument there.

google JB, they have a lot of incidents too, and a lot fewer options for travel when TSHF, weather, ext.
    I have, trust me, I don't take this lightly because it is work after all.

But this is just the latest outrage.

JB flies nonstop on a handy schedule for me, so that takes half of the late flight, and all of the missed connection worry away.

Your routing center took my normal flight and connection away from me last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post

"$#@! You. I'm eating!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I have, trust me, I don't take this lightly because it is work after all.

But this is just the latest outrage.

JB flies nonstop on a handy schedule for me, so that takes half of the late flight, and all of the missed connection worry away.

Your routing center took my normal flight and connection away from me last month.

A little surprised hearing that from a fellow "pilot."

You are familiar with hiring standards and how they vary. Let's just say, I, and many, would not work for, or leave the Air Force for a bottom feeder.

You shop around for the cheapest doctor too?

I truely feel bad at our poor service, (never wait at a doctor's office?) if it were up to me, FA and CRS would not be unionized.

but safety, we are leading edge, many airlines have adopted our practices.

and don't get me wrong, we have our weak "sisters" that are nearly impossible to fire, but again, that is government involvement, EEOC, etc.
    Last edited by Danke; 04-11-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did anyone else note that it took an Asian, drug-fueled, cop-beaten and bloodied homosexual to bring Danke out of the closet?

Also, this Dao guy has the perfect resume to satisfy all of the social-engineered, diverse qualities that Yonited has always sought for pilot recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If I owned an airline and needed 4 employees 7 hours drive South or a 30 minute flight South in a place I already have many employees I would make different arrangements than calling cops on seated , paid customers and having them pulled off. Of course I have ran businesses much more successful than american airline companies.LOL
    Just don't get too close to the sun with your wax feathers.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Did anyone else note that it took an Asian, drug-fueled, cop-beaten and bloodied **** to bring Danke out of the closet?

Also, this Dao guy has the perfect resume to satisfy all of the social-engineered, diverse qualities that Yonited has always sought for pilot recruits.
    Have you considered a sex change operation?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Have you considered a sex change operation?
    Sure, anyone flying an Airbus or fbw Boeing is already gay.

That is halfway there.

Welcome back, btw.

Now go get me a coke.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 04-11-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Sure, anyone flying an Airbus or fbw Boeing is already gay.

That is halfway there.
    Oh, you fly those little planes.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Oh, you fly those little planes.
    Yes, I flew a Cessna a couple of days ago.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast