Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 3 officers dead after shooting near Baton Rouge PD HQ

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    @LibertyEagle I know you're obsessed with catching a disease from non-white people, so I found something that I *think* will demonstrate Jim Crow laws that wouldn't have anything to do with a fear of disease....just for you:
    I said nothing of the sort. But, truthfulness doesn't appear to be your strong suit. What I did was to post numbers from the Center for Disease Control. You know... facts.

Unless you think White people could catch a disease from just sitting in those same seats the "Colored" people sat in at the theater. Maybe you do.
    There you go again, showing your distress over private property rights. I think private property owners should have every right to determine who they will do business with and under what conditions. It is up to the customer to accept those conditions or take their business to someone they prefer doing business with. That is how things change and without government force.

I hope I'm not being too hard on you.
    Nah, I'm half asleep and it's more than enough.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-19-2016 at 03:19 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Jim Crow south:

Looks like a lot of white privilege going on in these pictures. Not that anyone alive today is responsible for what's going on here, but if you can't at least acknowledge that it once existed....maybe some are too blind to see.
    It's still not worse than the hell they are currently being subjected to. The crime rates prove that to be true. In the Jim Crow South, blacks typically didn't live like caged hens in some filthy government housing project. They managed farms and raised their own crops. They also didn't have to watch for errant bullets when they took their children for a walk. Mortality rates were significantly lower back then, despite living in a white dominated region. Imagine that?
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-18-2016 at 10:38 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Mortality rates were significantly lower back then, despite living in a white dominated region.
    I'm sure that you have a source for this. Care to share it?

They also didn't have to watch for errant bullets when they took their children for a walk.
    They just had to make sure that they were suitably respectful, didn't get too uppity, etc. or else they might be killed out of hand by whoever so desired, with little to no chance of consequences for their killers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    They just had to make sure that they were suitably respectful, didn't get too uppity, etc. or else they might be killed out of hand by whoever so desired, with little to no chance of consequences for their killers.
    Now, that applies to all of us, when being dealt with by cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You might even be able to get some of the "Jim Crow is great" crowd in here to agree with you on that, as they're all of the 'authoritarianism for thee but not for me' persuasion.

As if that's even possible.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Like I said previously, I'd rather live in the Jim Crow South with my parcel of land, livestock and fresh air as opposed to ducking bullets and syringes in the boxlike urban ghettos. I'll take my chances with a few racists as opposed to the 24/7 encompassing culture of death.

Secondly, many people are naive to the fact that there are significant portions of the Northeast that are far more discriminatory than the South.
    spoken like someone who never had to deal with being a minority in the Jim Crow south.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    spoken like someone who never had to deal with being a minority in the Jim Crow south.
    I've never had to deal with being a 'minority' anywhere, ever.........Except philosophically and morally...

Should I feel some kind of guilt or remorse because I don't.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I've never had to deal with being a 'minority' anywhere, ever.........Except philosophically and morally...

Should I feel some kind of guilt or remorse because I don't.....
    You are missing the point. I don't feel guilty for $#@!. I wasn't there either. But I'm not going to advocate living under a legal system of "active" collective discrimination as the poster suggested above.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    You are missing the point. I don't feel guilty for $#@!. I wasn't there either. But I'm not going to advocate living under a legal system of "active" collective discrimination as the poster suggested above.
    I read where he said that he'd rather instead of he'd rather others did......

There's quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Ah,,
    and the other is a Paladin
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Knights_of_the_Silver_Hand

And yes I have played and Yes I do have a Level 100 Prot Pallie.
    My son plays too, but he's not alt-right. I've got nothing against gamers.
    One of these days if you pester me enough I will share the history of SHO. Young SHO was a magnificent beast to behold.

But I do feel strongly about the name otherwise I would not have kept it all these years.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course they are going to have to throw the 'sovereign citizen' canard into the mix...

Baton Rouge police shooter said he was ‘sovereign citizen’

The former Marine who killed three Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police officers identified with a growing movement that originated among white supremacists and whose adherents believe they’re immune to most state and federal laws, including paying taxes and getting driver’s licenses.

Gavin Long, a 29-year-old black man from Kansas City, Missouri, filed documents last year declaring himself a sovereign citizen, as a member of the United Washitaw de Dugdahmoundyah. Members of the mostly black group, which was founded in Louisiana, claim the government has no control over them and that they own much of the Louisiana Purchase land. Members have sold fake licenses, passports and license plates.

Nothing in that group’s ideology calls for violence, according to Mark Potok, a senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center. Potok added that he would hesitate to tie Long’s claimed connection to the Washitaw Nation with Sunday’s shooting because it appeared that Long was “shopping around” for an ideology, including once claiming he was a member of the Nation of Islam. Washitaw Nation spokesman, Fredrix Joe Washington, said he’d never heard of Long.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f96_story.html

Funny how the SPLC doesn't seem to have a beef with a black sovereign citizen group.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Of course they are going to have to throw the 'sovereign citizen' canard into the mix...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f96_story.html

Funny how the SPLC doesn't seem to have a beef with a black sovereign citizen group.
    Not sure there are "groups", as anyone sovereign would be an individualist.

I know of no groups,, only people who believe something differently.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You are the one talking about Jim Crow; not me. What I am focusing on is one of the pictures you chose to post and your apparent distress over private property rights. I find it curious; especially by someone who calls themselves "libertarian".
    But that picture was from the Jim Crow era, when property owners were forced by government edict to either refuse service to blacks altogether, or to provide "separate but equal" facilities (regardless of what the property owners themselves might have wished). Thus, such "whites only" signage is not necessarily a "libertarian" expression of individual property owners freely choosing to discriminate (though some of those individuals would without doubt have chosen to do so, even in the absence of "Jim Crow" mandates).

In fact, the odious legal doctrine of "separate but equal" arose as a direct consequence of railroads trying to save money by integrating passenger service (Plessy v. Ferguson). The state of Louisiana forbade such integration in it's infamously unjust Separate Car Act - leading to separate "whites only" and "blacks only" signs for passenger cars. These signs, however, indicated nothing about the actual desires of the property owners (i.e., the railroads), who had actually wanted to integrate the cars (thus resulting in the aforementioned injustice).

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I think private property owners should have every right to determine who they will do business with and under what conditions. It is up to the customer to accept those conditions or take their business to someone they prefer doing business with. That is how things change and without government force.
    I agree completely with the first two sentences. The problem is with the last sentence. Goverment force is, unfortunately, a major factor in these things - both in forcibly preventing people from doing business together as they see fit (as in the above referenced case of integrated rail passenger service) and in forcibly requiring people to do business together (as in the modern example of bakers being forced to make cakes - or photographers being forced to take pictures - for others). It's hard to change things by means of "live and let live" when the government won't let you "live and let live" ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-19-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    /////

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So welcome to the club in seeing what it's been like for some for years at a time.

Obama was involved in and worked to cover-up Fast and Furious--to name just one such black-op. If anybody thinks this means anything to him, would do well to think again.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure that you have a source for this. Care to share it?
    Need you, just look into the mirror, there the stats you will find.

Hmmm... Sounds eerily familiar to the way things exist today, yes? Just ask one of the varying variety of gang-bangers that populate a portion of every major city throughout America.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Need you, just look into the mirror, there the stats you will find.
    I haven't bought in to the recent conservative trend to replace stats and logic with feelings. I still remember a day when conservatives derided liberals for valuing feelings over facts, and now it seems that both sides are in a competition for which can be more devoid of actual information and evidence.

Hmmm... Sounds eerily familiar to the way things exist today, yes?
    If you're completely uninformed, I bet it's easy to compare the Jim Crow south to the present day, yes.
    Pinochet is the model

I haven't bought in to the recent conservative trend to replace stats and logic with feelings. I still remember a day when conservatives derided liberals for valuing feelings over facts, and now it seems that both sides are in a competition for which can be more devoid of actual information and evidence.
    This bears zero issue to the OP's reply, which itself is based in both fact and common sense. Over 50K homicides occur each year in the United States and most of that is gang related crime of "minorities" killing their own or others similar to them.

If you're completely uninformed, I bet it's easy to compare the Jim Crow south to the present day, yes.
    Actually, no, it is not. Not at ALL. Period.

This bears zero issue to the OP's reply, which itself is based in both fact and common sense.
    In that case it should be easy for you to find at least one source that shows that black mortality rates have increased over the past 50 years.

Actually, no, it is not. Not at ALL. Period.
    Well, I'm convinced.
    Pinochet is the model

In that case it should be easy for you to find at least one source that shows that black mortality rates have increased over the past 50 years.
    50-years? Segregation started in the 1860's, desegregation in the 1960's. ...Excluding the factor of medical advancements, etc., go view the FBI stats on annual homicides.

Well, I'm convinced.
    Trolling as a troll do trolls.

This bears zero issue to the OP's reply, which itself is based in both fact and common sense. Over 50K homicides occur each year in the United States and most of that is gang related crime of "minorities" killing their own or others similar to them.
    I think that number is closer to 17,000.

http://repository.cmu.edu/cgi/viewco...text=hsshonors

According to the graph on page 32 (actual page number 30) the homicide rate per 100,000 was lower in 2013 (per google) than any year between 1900 and 1970.

50-years? Segregation started in the 1860's, desegregation in the 1960's. ...Excluding the factor of medical advancements, etc., go view the FBI stats on annual homicides.
    You'd prefer to go back 150 years? Go for it, see if that helps your case at all.

The homicide rate includes medical advancements too, you know, as it's an important determining factor as to whether or not the victim dies.
    Last edited by TheCount; 07-21-2016 at 07:00 AM.
    Pinochet is the model

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    I think that number is closer to 17,000.
    Whoops, I got confused with the official MSM figures; however, factor in non-suicide related narcotics deaths and the figure jumps up to around 40K.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    http://repository.cmu.edu/cgi/viewco...text=hsshonors

According to the graph on page 32 (actual page number 30) the homicide rate per 100,000 was lower in 2013 (per google) than any year between 1900 and 1970.
    I do not think that data relates to ethnicity, just deaths in general. So, not certain how much help they actually are.

This better shows rapid doubling in deaths per capita after "integration" and the following War on Drugs--which explicitly targeted blacks:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

You might even be able to get some of the "Jim Crow is great" crowd in here to agree with you on that, as they're all of the 'authoritarianism for thee but not for me' persuasion.

As if that's even possible.
    The Jim Crow laws are the doing of the Democrat Party. We don't find many of those big government D's on this site. So I don't think there is a "crowed" as you describe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456