Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which countries have the most US expats?

Lightbulb Which countries have the most US expats?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    from the video - 100 is US cost of living.

1. Mexico (proximity, family, 26/100 cost basis)
    2. Canada (healthcare, proximity, 70.5/100 cost)
    3. UK (no language barrier, healthcare, (63.1/100 cost)
    4. Germany (81.3/100 cost, excellent health care and economy)
    5. Australia (weather, beaches. 78.1/100 cost)
    6. Israel (Jewish Americans, tech)
    7. South Korea (tech industry, welcoming, 54/100 cost)
    8. France (65.9/100)
    9. Peru (19.2 /100 US cost)
    10. Italy (58/100 US cost)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

8. France (65.9/100)
    I know a few people who moved to Mexico. They say- contrary to popular belief- that Mexico is in many ways much freer than the US plus the health care is fantastic & cheap.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

8. France (65.9/100)
    #9 seems like great vacation place, has fantastic historic scenery from what I've heard. Plus produces great coffee that it exports to US too.

#6 is unique in that it also has the most Russian expats. Putting so many Americans and Russians in same place can result in unpredictable side effects.
    Current POTUS' First minority son-in-law was reportedly also funding exapts settlements there that used to be seen as blowback generating activity before 2020 election.

I call bull$#@!.

No freaking way is the cost of living over 40 percent less in the UK than in the US.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I call bull$#@!.

No freaking way is the cost of living over 40 percent less in the UK than in the US.
    It is mostly bull$#@!. Some indices ARE lower, such as rent/groceries, but when you take into account that AFTER TAXES wages are lower than in the U.S. it's a wash.

I call bull$#@!.

Bullshat on "no language barrier" as well.

Their working and lower class version of English is unintelligible.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

LOL funniest thing I've read today.

Watch the TV show "The Inbetweeners"
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Becoming an expat seems like a pretty good idea now.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I call bull$#@!.

The others look off to me too , France and Canada are expensive , Australia etc

I could see Peru as having a little upside of someplace to disappear to . I hid out there for awhile once decades ago .

Robert Higgs, one of the philosophical heroes of this website in its early years, expatriated to Mexico in 2015 when he retired from his post at the Independent Institute. He said he wasn't going to write any more serious articles or books after that point, but he has occasionally posted blog articles and given speeches since then. Here are a few tidbits I found where he addresses that decision and experience.

https://fee.org/articles/a-kind-word...f-of-mexicans/

https://blog.independent.org/2017/09...ome-again-but/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I have thought about it for a long time. The tax structure as an American you get screwed big time. Best to just renounce once you can gain citizenship.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 12-27-2020 at 09:23 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I know a few people who moved to Mexico. They say- contrary to popular belief- that Mexico is in many ways much freer than the US plus the health care is fantastic & cheap.

That was my plan too. Which was why USMCA (North American Union).

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...o-janet-yellen

A Letter From 9 Million U.S. Expats to Janet Yellen
    The next Treasury secretary could make the lives of millions of Americans easier at no cost at all.

Dear Janet Yellen: Congratulations! You’re probably the next Treasury secretary of the U.S. That’ll throw you into daunting policy cauldrons — from financing America’s massive deficits to managing China and taming the tax code. With so much in your inbox, we urge you not to forget about one large group of Americans: us.

We’re U.S. expats, and there are 9 million of us. If we were a state, we’d be the eleventh-largest. And we’re suffering from a problem that you can fix.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I hold claim to multiple citizenship's,, as it turns out..

Ultimately,,my citizenship is Not of this World.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The U.S. is the only country in the world that practices citizenship-based taxation. All other nations tax individuals based on their residence. OK, Eritrea also taxes its diaspora, but that’s not exactly the same thing.

Really?

Where else can you go where the government (mostly) recognizes your right to free speech and right to keep and bear arms?

Hint: no other government on earth allows as much speech and gun freedom as the US.... and yes of course I realize that our government isn't very good at it, but there isn't anywhere that is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Arizona

Really?

Where else can you go where the government (mostly) recognizes your right to free speech and right to keep and bear arms?

Hint: no other government on earth allows as much speech and gun freedom as the US.... and yes of course I realize that our government isn't very good at it, but there isn't anywhere that is better.
    Don't worry. They're working on it. Biden's handlers will take care of that quickly. Gun control and hate speach laws are coming soon.

Before they elected Jacobin Jacinda, New Zealand was actually better on both fronts. Today it's probably temporarily better here, but probably not for long.

Really?

Vacationing Trump Says Afghanistan Better Than USA...

They also seem to have probably the strongest 2nd amendment rights in the world, apparently everyone there has a gun.
    Going by this Trump claim, their voting machines seem to work better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Don't worry. They're working on it. Biden's handlers will take care of that quickly. Gun control and hate speach laws are coming soon.
    They won't be able to do very much with a Republican Senate and a likely Republican House coming in 2022. In fact we will probably get a lot of good state level legislation out of this in the next few years.

Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overvi...laws_by_nation

idk, scroll down this list and seems the Czech Republic is pretty good. There also different reasons people leave (or stay) other than gun rights.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 12-28-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I have thought about it for a long time. The tax structure as an American you get screwed big time. Best to just renounce once you can gain citizenship.
    My dad always says once he retires hes going to move to Costa Rica.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My dad always says once he retires hes going to move to Costa Rica.
    I would too but I just don't think Central America is politically secure enough. Same with Mexico although people say it works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I would too but I just don't think Central America is politically secure enough. Same with Mexico although people say it works for them.
    You just have to arm yourselves and throw out the police and politicians like they did in Cheran, Mexico...

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37612083

Honduras sells citizenship for a reasonable price of about $30,000 per person, FYI.

The next best option requires more serious money: Portugal at $500,000, which is a better passport, but it costs.

I've started the process of expatriating to Virginia. More on that later.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

My big fear is that after we have our currency crisis they'll start means testing social security and medicare. Even if you have a million in savings you'd get wiped out in a few years if you had to support everyone else and you were no longer working.

We need to cut that stuff, but across the board, don't wipe out the people who lived responsibly. In that case I'd have to move somewhere where I can go trout fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    We bought an American car from an English car salesman in Germany (U.S Army). I had to translate English English to American English for my husband.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast