Thread: Huge Recall on Ground Turkey

Huge Recall on Ground Turkey

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/arti...ecalled-turkey

"All of the packages include the code "Est. P-963" in the USDA inspection mark."

I had this recalled meat in my freezer. HEB brand.

Better safe than salmonella.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What if you cook it through all the way
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hm, weird. Looks like we need even less funding for federal inspectors because these huge food monopolies clearly can self-regulate and ensure safe products.

Oh, wait....

Quote Originally Posted by reillym View Post
    Hm, weird. Looks like we need even less funding for federal inspectors because these huge food monopolies clearly can self-regulate and ensure safe products.

Oh, wait....
    How has the FDA "ensured a safe product" if it allowed a stock of ground turkey to become contaminated?

Oh, wait....
    The reason the huge food monopolies exist is because of the FDA... they are the ones who prop them up, they are the ones who always have contaminated food. It costs less for a huge food company to follow FDA standards, per pound of food produced, than a small company. Even if the small company puts out food that is 10 times safer, they might not require expensive procedures that are part of current regulations.. but with the regulations, they have to bare the cost and they can't compete on the market with the bigger company.

Get rid of the FDA, you get rid of the huge food monopolies and their poisonous food. Right now, there are some food companies that are too big to fail.. as in, if they fail and their equipment goes out of use for some time, it would put a major dent in the food supply. With smaller more competitive firms, the firm that deals out bad food will be called out by the private media and they can be allowed to go out of business if what they did was egregious.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-04-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    How has the FDA "ensured a safe product" if it allowed a stock of ground turkey to become contaminated?
    No, they think that some how if everybody else gives a bunch more money to the government, they will some how be effective in protecting our food and not simply holding up some giant food monopolies. They don't understand how corporatism works even though it's been explained to them 1000 times.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, they think that some how if everybody else gives a bunch more money to the government, they will some how be effective in protecting our food and not simply holding up some giant food monopolies. They don't understand how corporatism works even though it's been explained to them 1000 times.
    For sure...

cargill makes animal food, pellets.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vote with your dollars, find and support ONLY local food producers.

http://www.localharvest.org

That is exactly what I was thinking. Hell even is tagged with their code:
    "All of the packages include the code "Est. P-963" in the USDA inspection mark."

Lotta good that did.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Hell even is tagged with their code:

Lotta good that did.
    Exactly. Doesn't this just show the failure of government agencies to "keep us safe"?

Exactly. Doesn't this just show the failure of government agencies to "keep us safe"?
    No. It just means they need to crack down some more. They should be banning the sale of raw meat, as they do raw milk./s

Yeah, this whole thing is ridiculous. I just hope no one else gets sick from it.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    Vote with your dollars, find and support ONLY local food producers.

http://www.localharvest.org
    This is the other extreme. Depending on where you live, this might be pretty hazardous to your health as well. I think it's a great start, and I buy as much locally as possible... but from there, I do buy some dried/preserved foods from elsewhere, and imported fruit/veggies for use in true-to-culture dishes. There isn't a lot of locally-grown rice or coffee here.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

The best thing about this story?

I've heard this twice - from two different people:

"What's a 'ground' turkey?"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Oh, wait....
    Can somebody help me find the comic I saw earlier this week on RPF along the lines of "Oh no, the corporations control the government. We need more regulations ... by the government."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    Can somebody help me find the comic I saw earlier this week on RPF along the lines of "Oh no, the corporations control the government. We need more regulations ... by the government."
    Nice quote. I think I'll use it.

Nice quote. I think I'll use it.
    The comic was awesome. I hope somebody can help me find it. /// it wasn't recently in the best picture thread.

My mom called me and told me that the local grocery story said she had purchased some of this meat back in February and she gave it to me and my husband. lol. Now I was intrigued by this whole thing because this further proves that if you use one of those shopper cards, they DO track your purchases... Anyways we ate the meat back in February and I guess we were ok... haha Learn to cook your food the whole way through?