Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck Endorses Austin Petersen

Glenn Beck Endorses Austin Petersen

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh oh.

Watch your back, Mr. Petersen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

He's coming around?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He's coming around?
    When he does, he'll have a knife...

From Ted Cruz to Petersen... Yeah ok, Glenn. Your special underwear may be a little too tight....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

He's coming around!
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mr. Petersen just received the kiss of death.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    From Ted Cruz to Petersen... Yeah ok, Glenn. Your special underwear may be a little too tight....
    Haha I died inside :P

Is this a blessing or a curse? So hard to say.

LP seems to be finally getting media coverage, but at what cost? Are we going to become associated with these right wing nuts?
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post

LP seems to be finally getting media coverage, but at what cost? Are we going to become associated with these right wing nuts?
    That's obviously the intention. They're certainly betting a lot on the notion that disaffected Sanders voters won't vote for anyone the wing nuts are willing to mention out loud.

We'll see if it works.

LOL

Peterson has just joined the ranks of Washington and Santorum. Frothy greetings and salutations, courtesy of glenn-fking-beck.

A word of advice, Mr Peterson. If ever you go for a milkshake with glenn, stick with the spoon and avoid the straw...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

They probably worked together at Fox.

And besides, this will go real far in the LP lolz
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I like Petersen but he should run for congress, not the presidency.
    "I am a bird"

For me, whenever Beck endorses someone I vote the opposite. Beck is a snake and I hate snakes.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Beck is an establishment toady fronting as a right wing nut, to turn people away from true alternatives. His backing of anybody comes off as an anti-endorsement, while his talking up of alternative movements is the preamble to him attempting to steer people back into the establishment (as we've seen over the past two election cycles). Petersen has the most interventionist tendencies of the LP candidates, so Beck is latching onto him to retain libertarian cover, so he can credibly position himself ("hey, I'm one of you") to keep on trying to preach the ol' pro-war gospel to liberty folks.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Well I know who not to support

Why is anybody supporting this kid, the Libertarian Party actually has a chance to pick up a significant number of votes this year and to nominate a total nobody kid is a good way to not to break 500,000 votes.

I'm not sure what Beck's intention is. But whatever it is, it's something other than actually helping Peterson.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post

Why is anybody supporting this kid, the Libertarian Party actually has a chance to pick up a significant number of votes this year and to nominate a total nobody kid is a good way to not to break 500,000 votes.
    Sounds like a Beck kind of motivation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post

Actually he has a very solid platform and has gained allot of support.

His weakness is background. He doesn't have tons of credentials.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Actually he has a very solid platform and has gained allot of support.
    They're handing out their support in allotments now?

Doesn't sound very libertarian.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-21-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I like Petersen but he should run for congress, not the presidency.
    Amen to this. Our young coalition of Massie and Amash could use more backup.

Petersen does not strike me as the presidential sort, especially since he will barely be above the age limit upon entering office yet, and I guarantee his age will be something that hurts him were he to win the LP nomination, as far as the office of the president is concerned. I guess he is just really ambitious.

As far as Beck goes, I don't really care. Beck has a large audience of Cruz loyalists and the like, and if he can get people actively involved in the LP, 3rd party, or a non-duopoly entity, that is a win to me.

I do wish Petersen and Johnson would stand aside for McAfee, but it seems the purists never wins major nominations, as we saw with RP too many times.

It's amazing to me how many libertarians contrarians hate Beck more than they love liberty.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Pastor Beck likes him? Must be the most Israel-first Libertarian running.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Just as useful tools in getting Hillary elected.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Stop, whine on a Trump thread.

RON PAUL

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stop, whine on a Trump thread.
    Let's not derail the thread with Trump discussion.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Nothing wrong with rejecting the two-Party oligarchy, unless it is to push a libertarian neocon like Beck is likely doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    It's amazing to me how many libertarians contrarians hate Beck more than they love liberty.
    I'm a contrarian libertarian. I can simultaneously hate Beck and love liberty with the same amount of passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

<sarcasm>Reminds me of all those idiots who refused to vote for McCain because they were butthurt over that joker Ron Paul. Those losers gave us Obama when McCain would have been a great president.</sarcasm>
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    <sarcasm>Reminds me of all those idiots who refused to vote for McCain because they were butthurt over that joker Ron Paul. Those losers gave us Obama when McCain would have been a great president.</sarcasm>
    Right on! Don't forget about those pesky Paulbots who wouldn't vote for Romney and got us Obama! Idiots.....

RON PAUL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast