Thread: Rand Paul takes victory lap on GOP health bill

Jan2017

Rand Paul takes victory lap on GOP health bill

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) quickly declared victory on Friday, praising conservatives for "standing up against ObamaCare Lite."

“I applaud House conservatives for keeping their word to the American people,” Paul said in a statement.

Republican leaders pulled their bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare on Friday afternoon, acknowledging that it was headed toward defeat.
    Paul — who has been a top antagonist of the House bill — added that "I look forward to passing full repeal of ObamaCare in the very near future.”
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...op-health-bill
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-24-2017 at 03:12 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YEAHH!!!!

Think they'll get anything done on Saturday?

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I dunno if any image involvong the the word "victory" would send a great message. A concerned public servant who is appalled by the continous damage from DGPcare and the rising debt/approaching debt ceiling would be better image to convey IMO for anyone in Congress right now.
    This is a failure at multiple levels, any feelings of gratification after saving from a bigger blunder should not be really at public display right now.

Trump is stoked that Rand is helping him get rid of Paul Ryan, Trump will help Rand become a star.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I am stoked but next comes the hard part. Reaching out to Dems. Cuss full repeal won't happen either.

Some speculating final form will be catastrophic govt care but rest unregulated and unsubsidised.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is stoked that Rand is helping him get rid of Paul Ryan, Trump will help Rand become a star.
    I doubt it. Trump is surrounded by some very devious people. With that said, I think Bannon is probably ecstatic that Rand rallied the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) quickly declared victory on Friday, praising conservatives for "standing up against ObamaCare Lite."

“I applaud House conservatives for keeping their word to the American people,” Paul said in a statement.

Republican leaders pulled their bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare on Friday afternoon, acknowledging that it was headed toward defeat.
    Paul — who has been a top antagonist of the House bill — added that "I look forward to passing full repeal of ObamaCare in the very near future.”
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...op-health-bill
    I don't know if I have ever hear why Rand Paul does not think the AHCA is at least an improvement.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    https://youtu.be/7kFcNj2H3z0?t=109

junior=trump, Richie=ryan, tony=randal....

"loser, he couldn't sell it..."
    Last edited by specsaregood; 03-24-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    https://youtu.be/7kFcNj2H3z0?t=109

junior=trump, Richie=ryan, tony=randal....

"loser, he couldn't sell it..."
    "You're a good boy Ryan. Go home, we'll talk."

Effin' loser, he couldn't effin' sell it. He's not respected.
    I'm better off with Rand. Definitely.

Rand on Fox tonight @ 8PM

Rand will be talking to Eric Bolling at 8:00PM on Fox news. (Bolling filling in for O'reilly tonight.)
    @ericbolling gets it! Obamacare Lite is not the answer to repealing Obamacare! I'll be joining him live tonight on FoxNews at 8pm ET. https://twitter.com/RandPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Rand will be talking to Eric Bolling at 8:00PM on Fox news. (Bolling filling in for O'reilly tonight.)
    LOL Rand is on there pretty much every time O'Reilly has a guest host.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

But Rand isn't a true libertarian!!

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Last edited by francisco; 03-26-2017 at 12:38 AM.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Injecting much needed common sense into the conversation, as usual
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Jan2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdkZXZLeDpU

Trump : "Perhaps the best thing is what happened today."
    Rand : "We will continue on the repeal of Obamacare" "We should bring this up next week (in Senate)"

It is snailhead McConnell's move it seems to me - checkers anyone ?

Last edited by Jan2017; 03-25-2017 at 06:01 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I doubt it. Trump is surrounded by some very devious people. With that said, I think Bannon is probably ecstatic that Rand rallied the opposition.
    I read Bannon pressured HFC and told them to 'take one for the team'
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I read Bannon pressured HFC and told them to 'take one for the team'
    If true, then out of the two at the House GOP Member meeting that came from the WH Team telling Ryan to
    gawddarn vote on Friday win or lose . . . (Priebus and Bannon) - watched courtesy of CSPAN live feed -
    it is Priebus that stays (?) I'm lost in disinformation.

Anybuddy know 4D chess ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-25-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    With that said, I think Bannon is probably ecstatic that Rand rallied the opposition.
    Some reports are indicating the exact opposite - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6440341
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I am stoked but next comes the hard part. Reaching out to Dems. Cuss full repeal won't happen either.

Some speculating final form will be catastrophic govt care but rest unregulated and unsubsidised.
    I can't imagine democrats voting for something even remotely acceptable to the Freedom Caucus. The GOP leadership just needs to adopt Rand's bill and be done with it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    If true, then out of the two at the House GOP Member meeting that came from the WH Team telling Ryan to
    gawddarn vote on Friday win or lose . . . (Priebus and Bannon) - watched courtesy of CSPAN live feed -
    it is Priebus that stays (?) I'm lost in disinformation.

Anybuddy know 4D chess ?
    We've seen the 'Trump 4D chess'ing Paul Ryan into irrelevancy' but I think the more realistic thing is that Trump is not paying attention to the details. He trusted Ryan to get it done right so he has something to sign but it all fell apart and all Trump needs to say is, 'whelp I think my part'. Trump aligned himself to this because of Price.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I can't imagine democrats voting for something even remotely acceptable to the Freedom Caucus. The GOP leadership just needs to adopt Rand's bill and be done with it.
    Yea but the thing is dems will never vote for a GOP-led anything unless its a response to domestic terrorism, act of war, infrastructure, pork barrel, or debt ceiling.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's essentially the White House Plan B- let Obamacare "explode", cut a deal with the Democrats on a repair bill and get a handful of sycophants in the GOP to vote with them and freeze out the real conservatives.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That's essentially the White House Plan B- let Obamacare "explode", cut a deal with the Democrats on a repair bill and get a handful of sycophants in the GOP to vote with them and freeze out the real conservatives.
    White House can't' afford to be humiliated like this over and over.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL.

I don't think Trump wants to be a one term president. And any GOPer that voted for something like that could kiss his/her political career goodbye as well.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...45916732358656

QUESTION: Do you feel betrayed by the House Freedom Caucus at all? They seemed to be the most difficult...

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: No, not particularly. They're friends of mine. I'm disappointed because we could have had it. So I'm disappointed. I'm a little surprised, to be honest with you. We really had it. It was pretty much there within grasp.

But I'll tell you what's going to come out of it is a better bill. I really believe a better bill, because there were things in this bill I didn't particularly like. And I think it's a better bill. You know, both parties can get together and do real health care, that's the best thing. Obamacare was rammed down everyone's throat, 100 percent Democrat. And I think having bipartisan would be a big, big improvement. So, no, I think that this is going to end up being a very good thing.

I'm disappointed, but they're friends of mine. And, you know, they got on -- it was a very hard time for them and a very hard vote. But they're very good people.

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... necessarily love, what specifically aren't you?

TRUMP: Well, I think we could have had things that I would have liked more. And if we had bipartisan I really think we could have a health care bill that would be the ultimate. And I think the Democrats know that also.

And some day in the not too distant future that will happen. And I never said -- I guess I'm here, what, 64 days? I never said repeal and replace Obamacare. You've all heard my speeches. I never said repeal it and replace it within 64 days. I have a long time.

But I want to have a great health care bill and plan, and we will. It will happen. And it won't be in the very distant future. I really believe there will be some Democrat support and that will happen, and it will be an even better bill.

I think this was a very good bill. I think it will be even better the next time around. And I don't think that's going to be in too long a period of time.

QUESTION: Anything specifically you want to see changed going from this bill to the next bill?

TRUMP: No, I mean, I don't want to speak about specifics, but there are things I could have -- I would have liked even more. But I thought overall this was a very, very good bill.
    http://time.com/4713107/donald-trump...ipt-ahca-bill/

The battle is not between Repubs and Dems, or between Freedom Caucus and Leadership.

The battle is between the ones that want to do it right (like Rand), and the damn insurance lobby.

The health insurance industry is one of the biggest lobby groups in Washington. They have lawmakers in their pocket from both sides of the aisle, in leadership positions as well as rank-and-file.

They are embedded, they are invested, and they won't give it up without a fight. No way.

"Anybody that thinks they will give you back your country without a fight is sadly mistaken." --Steve Bannon
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

The big question is:

Will Trump blame this aborted abortion on LyinRyan or Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    The big question is:

Will Trump blame this aborted abortion on LyinRyan or Rand?
    Its already very clear that Trump does not blame Rand or the conservatives for this one.
    THE SQUAD of RPF