Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coincidentally, Many Different Periodicals Used the Same Adjective to Denigrate Trump's Speech

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Coincidentally, Many Different Periodicals Used the Same Adjective to Denigrate Trump's Speech

WTH? What are the chances of them all utilizing 'dark' or a variant of dark, unless they are colluding with a higher perched organization? Is there another Journolist type group that we are not publicly aware of?

Why not use pessimistic or dystopian? Was 'Dark' poll-tested as effective language? LOL

Last edited by AuH20; 07-23-2016 at 08:40 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Irony is same folks who'd run with this conspiracy will nod their heads in agreement and applaud Manafort's defense of Melania's plagiarism with:
    "We're talking about words like compassion, love of family, respect," Manafort added. "These are not words that are unique words, that belong to the Obamas."

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Irony is same folks who'd run with this conspiracy will nod their heads in agreement and applaud Manafort's defense of Melania's plagiarism with:
    There is a chance that a speechwriter lifted a paragraph and it made it's way past the editing process. Manafort could have been attempting damage control.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-23-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Look at you leap to defense of leftists on this forum every time an issue comes up.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Last edited by Danke; 07-23-2016 at 09:01 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Look at you leap to defense of leftists on this forum every time an issue comes up.
    One of the dangers when becoming the flying monkey of a narcissist is in accepting their black and white view of anyone who holds an opinion.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

And yet, you have some of us who might be of the same opinion of the speech itself, and not be herded into the alternative non choice being offered by media. Still more interesting is Trump supporters assist the media with demanding one is either with Hillary or Trump, because no other choice exists. Who benefits from the non choice, one party system?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

And yet, you have some of us who might be of the same opinion of the speech itself, and not be herded into the alternative non choice being offered by media. Still more interesting is Trump supporters assist the media with demanding one is either with Hillary or Trump, because no other choice exists. Who benefits from the non choice, one party system?
    Except we don't care about your opinion. You not going to vote for him and clearly you are not in the group we are exposing. But for millions of people being baraged with BS they need to know what is being done.

Thas been standard operating procedure for most corporate media outlets for several decades, it helps to re-enforce conventional wisdom, and it also helps to foster intellectual laziness in journalism practices across the board, which tends to benefit those looking to game the system. It doesn't have to be some nefarious conspiracy either, it could just be laziness on account of ongoing cultural decay, but the results are the same.

People who justify this kind of stuff on the grounds that the target is not likable are part of the problem, but you can't stop people from getting all emotional, I suppose.

One of the dangers when becoming the flying monkey of a narcissist is in accepting their black and white view of anyone who holds an opinion.
    LOL

You know, part of liberty is to allow people to vote how they wish- I am for that, even though I may think their choice is stupid/outrageous/insane etc.

What I am NOT for is the constant name-calling and degradation of those who do NOT support Trump. Every post that shows some negative aspect of Trump is countered by name-calling, personal insults, and innuendos by 99.9% of Trump supporters. Only a few actually talk about the subject, itself and show a real alternate POV.

Of course, when opposers finally have had enough of the insults and fire back, then the hue and cry is about the poor Trumpets and the abuse they suffer. Even worse is when people who just post news articles, and do not degrade ANYONE, (like @CPUd) are constantly called names and insulted beyond measure, usually WITHOUT little or any argument against the article itself. And, If there is an argument, it's always about the source, not the content.

My POV is to read EVERYTHING. All sides should be read on a subject that one holds dear- that is really the only way to be able to hold good dialog about any subject and understand all points that are brought up.

IF you really wish to change hearts & minds, a good argument is based on facts, your personal POV, and acceptance of those who disagree. The next few months are only going to get worse and if you really want Trump as president, try some intelligent persuasion.

I can guarantee if Hitlery wins it will be as much the Trump supporters fault as those against.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    WTH? What are the chances of them all utilizing 'dark' or a variant of dark, unless they are colluding with a higher perched organization? Is there another Journolist type group that we are not publicly aware of?

Why not use pessimistic or dystopian? Was 'Dark' poll-tested as effective language? LOL

Could be as simple as all of those headline writers watching the same CNN coverage or an AP release.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

becoming the flying monkey of a narcissist
    A very apt description. The music started playing in my head immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Could be as simple as all of those headline writers watching the same CNN coverage or an AP release.
    none of them have an original thought. we get the same news from all the channels and all the websites.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    none of them have an original thought. we get the same news from all the channels and all the websites.
    If you'd rather see someone fellate Trump, there's always Breitbart.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Thas been standard operating procedure for most corporate media outlets for several decades, it helps to re-enforce conventional wisdom, and it also helps to foster intellectual laziness in journalism practices across the board, which tends to benefit those looking to game the system. It doesn't have to be some nefarious conspiracy either, it could just be laziness on account of ongoing cultural decay, but the results are the same.

People who justify this kind of stuff on the grounds that the target is not likable are part of the problem, but you can't stop people from getting all emotional, I suppose.
    How exactly did it magically happen that everybody used the word dark at the same time? They're getting instructions from somewhere.

It's more than that. For one thing, the speech wasn't dark. They're getting instructions from somewhere.

The speech spent a lot of time on how problems can be fixed fast.

It looked very pre-planned. Even at "neutral" PBS, a mild mannered "journalist" (Davod Brooks of NYT who happens to be father of an Israeli soldier) immediately started talking point of "dark, Nixonion" speech and same wording was in multiple media interviews at ABC SWC enabler teams and other outlets.

War lobbies/neocons public programming games are becomming ineffective it seems looking at how media's dishonesty is now being seen by more and more Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

1. One of the headlines uses dystopian.
    2. There are language algorithms that test for the appropriate language to use for your audience (it usually does not include words like "pessimistic" which take up a lot of space and are not at the appropriate reading level).
    3. Most written news stories come from a few sources, with a little bit of juggling or editing to make them fit whatever newspaper or magazine they'll be shoe-horned into.
    4. Most of these same written news sources find their genesis in the pockets of people who are more likely to lean towards Hillary this election. This means that they'll paint Trump as dark (which is, not coincidentally, a word that is short, easy to understand, and synonymous with "evil") and try very hard to use words like "uplifting" and "unifying" for Hillary's speech. If she fails, then they'll pick someone else. Expect to see a rising star crowned that isn't even on the ticket being fawned over.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Would anybody claim the speech was bright and optimistic about the current state of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Would anybody claim the speech was bright and optimistic about the current state of the country?
    Should it have been?

Except we don't care about your opinion. You not going to vote for him and clearly you are not in the group we are exposing. But for millions of people being baraged with BS they need to know what is being done.
    So who appointed you spokesman for the forum now?

This is much more easily explained by how the numerous news organizations are owned by so few. It isn't really a conspiracy that the word dark was used, so was bleak, and apocalyptic. I actually read an article which was not pro Trump but the writer said a good deal of the mood was the tone Trump used over the actual words being stated. My experience of what I heard of it was quite similar. Local media was playing a sentence by Trump, stopping and explaining, then playing another sentence. I listened for about 8-10 sentences and turned it off because of the tone. It was a rant, and life is too short. I can read what he said and not have to put up with his theatrics.

Do you believe he was upbeat about the present? When someone tells me "I am your voice" that takes away both my ability and responsibility. It makes me dependent because I cannot and will not be heard otherwise. He sold fear and dependency. Not really an upbeat sorta speech.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    How exactly did it magically happen that everybody used the word dark at the same time? They're getting instructions from somewhere.
    What's being done within the alternative media which runs its pro Trump dialogue with identical retorts to stories which are then parroted by Trump supporters on social media? How do they come to identical conclusions? MSM is owned by only a few folks. It is hard to take alternative options seriously when they espouse a particular viewpoint then push a candidate that pushes solutions for that which they previously claimed to be against.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Should it have been?
    So... it was DARK.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Should it have been?
    While things could certainly be better, I think that Trump's description of America is far bleaker than reality. He's pandering to people who have been told, 24/7, by mainstream conservative news that everything is terrible and getting worse.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    It's more than that. For one thing, the speech wasn't dark. They're getting instructions from somewhere.

The speech spent a lot of time on how problems can be fixed fast.
    I dont think it was dark. i think it was full of hope for the future of this country.

What's being done within the alternative media which runs its pro Trump dialogue with identical retorts to stories which are then parroted by Trump supporters on social media? How do they come to identical conclusions? MSM is owned by only a few folks. It is hard to take alternative options seriously when they espouse a particular viewpoint then push a candidate that pushes solutions for that which they previously claimed to be against.
    I can answer that one. All the major campaigns have regular conference calls, which include official campaign, professional surrogates and sometimes the press. I have been in some of the Trump calls; the video I posted upthread is the result of one of those calls, it was shocking because Trump himself came onto the call and started berating people who had been going off script. That's the purpose of the calls- to give out talking points so everyone is on the same page when they go on TV.

I dont think it was dark. i think it was full of hope for the future of this country.
    Do you believe "diversity" is a code word for white genocide?

The most lefty people on this forum are Trump supporters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast