Thread: CA: Turd flinging leftists attack immigrant's coffee shop for not being pro immigration

Exclamation CA: Turd flinging leftists attack immigrant's coffee shop for not being pro immigration

Keeping it classy...well, turn the country into a prison and I guess it's no surprise that everybody acts like prisoners.

‘I Love Peace,’ Says Boyle Heights Cafe Owner Of Protest Over Support Of Trump Immigration Policies

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018...boyle-heights/

BOYLE HEIGHTS (CBSLA) — Residents of a rapidly gentrifying enclave of Los Angeles tried to shut down the grand opening of a new coffee shop, saying the owner’s support of President Donald Trump’s stance on immigrants is reason alone to want him out of the neighborhood.

On Thursday, protesters held signs and screamed at patrons in front of Asher Caffe & Lounge located at 945 S. Boyle Ave. in Boyle Heights, a traditionally Jewish neighborhood that is now predominately Latino. They say they oppose the cafe and the owner over his support of Trump’s immigration policies.

“So what’s the connection? This is what I don’t understand. I’m confused — the connection between Donald Trump and good coffee,” Israeli-born businessman Asher Shalom told CBS2 News.

The kosher cafe was set to have a grand opening on July 12, the day anti-gentrification activists were met by Los Angeles Police officers blocking the entrance.

According to Eater LA, about 30 protesters associated with the group Defend Boyle Heights (DBH) showed up to speak up against Shalom, who they called “an anti-immigrant trump loving gentryfier” in a Facebook post.

“They really intensely protested and accosted all the visitors that came to our grand opening event,” said son David.

“It was very scary,” said Shalom’s daughter Yael. “There was a lot of people protesting outside wearing masks […] and they threw a significant amount of feces at our windows.”

DBH was accused of using similarly aggressive tactics against another coffeeshop in the area last year and against an art gallery nearby that eventually shuttered.

DBH showed a screenshot of a retweet of one of Trump’s messages about his proposed Muslim ban by Asher Fabrics Concept, one of Shalom’s other companies.

Shalom told CBS2 he came to the United States 30 years ago and is now a U.S. citizen. Shalom showed CBS2 two proclamations honoring him from L.A. City Councilman Jose Huizar and County Supervisor Hilda Solis, both who represent Boyle Heights.

Shalom said his businesses employ dozens of people, including immigrants.

The Boyle Heights Chamber of Commerce, which had invited Shalom to join and was slated to attend the grand opening, terminated his membership days before the confrontation. In a letter from chamber president Jennifer Lahoda, she mentions a photo shared by Shalom on his Facebook page reading, “I wish Democrats would fight as hard for Americans, as they do for illegals.”

Lahoda said the views expressed “are not in line with the values and objectives of the Boyle Heights Chamber of Commerce.”

“Boyle Heights thrives because of our diverse immigrant population — The Chamber will always celebrate and support this fact. We will not support anyone who chooses to conduct themselves in a hateful manner, especially toward members of our community.”

(So throwing $#@! is not "hateful" but expressing opinion on public policy is. - AF)

Shalom denies he is anti-immigrant or hateful, telling CBS2, “My name is ‘Shalom,’ and I love peace.”

Despite the controversy, Asher Caffe was busy Wednesday with people who support Shalom and his right to his political opinions.

“I don’t think politics should get in the way of good food,” said one woman.

“I support him, in that I will come and give him my business,” another patron said.

Neither DBH nor the chamber of commerce wished to give their remarks on camera
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think if you throw $#@! at someone with a mask on, 15 years in prison might be fair..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think if you throw $#@! at someone with a mask on, 15 years in prison might be fair..
    Or just a couple broken arms from a baseball bat.

Again with the turd tossing.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

This just means more Trump voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Again with the turd tossing.
    Cultural enrichment.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Turd flinging... That's why monkeys wind up in zoos with glass cages rather than roaming the streets.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Caly and $#@! flinging leftists go together . You know these terrorists are winning when the chamber of commerce is scared of them . For you youngsters out there , this was once one of the more tolerant areas of the city . Pooh in the streets now.
    Do something Danke

Funny how they change the labels...

Leftists Immigrants fling turds at coffee shop for not being Pro Immigration.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Funny how they change the labels...

Leftists Immigrants fling turds at coffee shop for not being Pro Immigration.
    Well, that was me...I can't know that the turd flingers in this case were, in fact, immigrants.

If I had to fathom a guess, they were self hating citizens, more than likely idle, lily white, university brainwashed sons and daughters of the upper middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, that was me...I can't know that the turd flingers in this case were, in fact, immigrants.

If I had to fathom a guess, they were self hating citizens, more than likely idle, lily white, university brainwashed sons and daughters of the upper middle class.
    Not really about you changing the labels, but the way it was originally presented. I think it is more about trying to Normalize behaviors of irresponsible people by presenting the information in such a way as to cause a bias. We cant really know who threw the dung, but what is more important is how the information is presented.

By changing the Labels, perceptions shift dramatically. Lets try some scenarios. First scenario: the Poo Throwers were Illegal Immigrants. Then the headline would have read "Illegal Immigrants Throw Poo at people for not being Pro Illegal Immigration". How does that change peoples perspective of the situation? Second scenario, the $#@! Hurlers are whitey rich college students. Headline would then read "White College Students Hurl $#@! at people that are not Pro Immigration". Does the bias alter the perception of the people who are Anti Immigration, or the College Students? Scenario Three: forget the topic of contention. Headline might then read "$#@! Thrown at a Business over Political Disagreement". It makes the subject very vague as well as the points of view of both parties. Not interesting enough to be sensational as little is known about either side.

Next, as stated, it Normalizes behaviors. A lot of people learn their own behaviors by observing others. In this case, it teaches that Throwing $#@! at others when they disagree is normal. I think much like School Shootings, if we desire for less actual $#@! to be thrown at others over any form of disagreements, then those ideas are not mentioned or given focus. Not much different than watching any episode of Desperate Housewives of where the $#@! ever. It normalizes non thinking emotional based intolerable behaviors which can only result in a need for supervision of those who mimic the behaviors they have seen. Thus, in a way it promotes Big Govt to manage everyones behavior by teaching everyone to behave irresponsibly and immaturely when ever they disagree with anyone about anything.

Thoughts?
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Not really about you changing the labels, but the way it was originally presented. I think it is more about trying to Normalize behaviors of irresponsible people by presenting the information in such a way as to cause a bias. We cant really know who threw the dung, but what is more important is how the information is presented.

By changing the Labels, perceptions shift dramatically. Lets try some scenarios. First scenario: the Poo Throwers were Illegal Immigrants. Then the headline would have read "Illegal Immigrants Throw Poo at people for not being Pro Illegal Immigration". How does that change peoples perspective of the situation? Second scenario, the $#@! Hurlers are whitey rich college students. Headline would then read "White College Students Hurl $#@! at people that are not Pro Immigration". Does the bias alter the perception of the people who are Anti Immigration, or the College Students? Scenario Three: forget the topic of contention. Headline might then read "$#@! Thrown at a Business over Political Disagreement". It makes the subject very vague as well as the points of view of both parties. Not interesting enough to be sensational as little is known about either side.

Next, as stated, it Normalizes behaviors. A lot of people learn their own behaviors by observing others. In this case, it teaches that Throwing $#@! at others when they disagree is normal. I think much like School Shootings, if we desire for less actual $#@! to be thrown at others over any form of disagreements, then those ideas are not mentioned or given focus. Not much different than watching any episode of Desperate Housewives of where the $#@! ever. It normalizes non thinking emotional based intolerable behaviors which can only result in a need for supervision of those who mimic the behaviors they have seen. Thus, in a way it promotes Big Govt to manage everyones behavior by teaching everyone to behave irresponsibly and immaturely when ever they disagree with anyone about anything.

Thoughts?
    The only counter thought I have is that if extremists are not exposed for their disgusting behavior people will believe they really aren't so bad or unreasonable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The only counter thought I have is that if extremists are not exposed for their disgusting behavior people will believe they really aren't so bad or unreasonable.
    Agreed. I do continue to wonder who the real target is here. The people that threw the $#@!, or the people that had the $#@! thrown at them. Im thinking that by normalizing throwing $#@!, they are trying to tell people something else by reading between the lines: "If you do not support Immigration, then shut the $#@! up or you will have $#@! thrown at you". That is rather worrisome if that is the real objective. Making people afraid to express Political Opinions due to threat of retaliation is a rather dangerous outcome.
    1776 > 1984

Turds flinging turds. What a surprise.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do the insanity of these leftists ever stop?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Do the insanity of these leftists ever stop?
    Not until they are disciplined by life or other people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    This just means more Trump voters.
    Yeah, if this keeps up I'll vote for him only to see the left lose its f***kin mind. The entertainment in that is totally worth it.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    LOL !

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

" the day anti-gentrification activists"

I hate when whitey moves into a $#@!hole and makes it nicer. Kill whitey.

City of San Francisco offering free overnight shipping on human feces.
    Last edited by eleganz; 07-19-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll