Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Was Jesus a Vegetarian?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    btw, side note: Iadvise using translations from the Septuagint instead of the HebrewBible as your go-to for regular reading.1) it's what the Apostles used 2) It's clearer in its how it pointsto Jesus as the Christ.
    The Companion Bible, The Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Green's Interlinear Bible are my studying tools and all easy enough to cross-reference and understand much easier.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    btw, side note: Iadvise using translations from the Septuagint instead of the HebrewBible as your go-to for regular reading.1) it's what the Apostles used 2) It's clearer in its how it pointsto Jesus as the Christ.
    Ha. Speaking of manna, did you know that fine powder could be wiped with frankincense and made into bread cakes, which the old Septuagint Bible calls bread of the presence? For years theologians have confused themselves because surely the golden calf would have been molten. But nope. White powder. Manna...'shem-an-na' by the Babylonians, 'mfkzt' by the Egyptians, and 'manna' by the Israelites.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-15-2017 at 08:09 PM.

It most certainly has something to do with eating. It's not *just* about eating, but eating is very much witin the scope of the passage. Even with this extra context you've provided,it doesn't change the excessively jewish interpretation of Leviticus you made prior. It's critical to read the OT in light of the NT. ~hugs~
    You missed the point where Christ points out that he did not follow the traditions of men. The fact is, that this whole conversation revolved around Traditions of men that make void the word of GOD. and it is also recorded in Matthew 15.

Dictionaries - Smith's Bible Dictionary - Parable
    Parable. [B] [E]
    (The word parable is in Greek parable (parabole ) which signifies placing beside or together, a comparison, a parable is therefore literally a placing beside, a comparison, a similitude, an illustration of one subject by another. --McClintock and Strong. As used in the New Testament it had a very wide application, being applied sometimes to the shortest proverbs, ( 1 Samuel 10:12 ; 24:13 ; 2 Chronicles 7:20 ) sometimes to dark prophetic utterances, ( Numbers 23:7 Numbers 23:18 ; 24:3 ; Ezekiel 20:49 ) sometimes to enigmatic maxims, ( Psalms 78:2 ; Proverbs 1:6 ) or metaphors expanded into a narrative. ( Ezekiel 12:22 ) In the New Testament itself the word is used with a like latitude in ( Matthew 24:32 ; Luke 4:23 ; Hebrews 9:9 ) It was often used in a more restricted sense to denote a short narrative under which some important truth is veiled. Of this sort were the parables of Christ. The parable differs from the fable (1) in excluding brute and inanimate creatures passing out of the laws of their nature and speaking or acting like men; (2) in its higher ethical significance. It differs from the allegory in that the latter, with its direct personification of ideas or attributes, and the names which designate them, involves really no comparison. The virtues and vices of mankind appear as in a drama, in their own character and costume. The allegory is self-interpreting; the parable demands attention, insight, sometimes an actual explanation. It differs from a proverb in that it must include a similitude of some kind, while the proverb may assert, without a similitude, some wide generalization of experience.--ED.) For some months Jesus taught in the synagogues and on the seashore of Galilee as he had before taught in Jerusalem, and as yet without a parable. But then there came a change. The direct teaching was met with scorn unbelief hardness, and he seemed for a time to abandon it for that which took the form of parables. The worth of parables as instruments of teaching lies in their being at once a test of character and in their presenting each form of character with that which, as a penalty or blessing, is adapted to it. They withdraw the light from those who love darkness. They protect the truth which they enshrine from the mockery of the scoffer. They leave something even with the careless which may be interpreted and understood afterward. They reveal on the other hand, the seekers after truth. These ask the meaning of the parable, and will not rest until the teacher has explained it. In this way the parable did work, found out the fit hearers and led them on. In most of the parables it is possible to trace something like an order.

There is a group which have for their subject the laws of the divine kingdom. Under this head we have the sower, ( Matthew 13:1 ; Mark 4:1 ; Luke 8:1 )... the wheat and the tares ( Matthew 13:1 ) ... etc.
    When the next parables meet us they are of a different type and occupy a different position. They are drawn from the life of men rather than from the world of nature. They are such as these --the two debtors, ( Luke 7:1 ) ... the merciless servant, ( Matthew 18:1 ) ... the good Samaritan, ( Luke 10:1 ) ... etc.
    Toward the close of our Lords ministry the parables are again theocratic but the phase of the divine kingdom on which they chiefly dwell is that of its final consummation. In interpreting parables note-- (1) The analogies must be real, not arbitrary; (2) The parables are to be considered as parts of a whole, and the interpretation of one is not to override or encroach upon the lessons taught by others; (3) The direct teaching of Christ presents the standard to which all our interpretations are to be referred, and by which they are to be measured.

Matthew 15:1-21 (KJV)

15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well, that's why I like Noah Webster's Bible. He knew Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. Plus he understood the connection between physical liberty and liberty of thought. Unlike some worldly Kings I know. Hehehe. And it's a bonus that he produced the very first Dictionary in America. So he knows his words, too. Not only that, But I have a copy of his other textbook, "A Grammatical Institute of the English Language."

I figure if there's any Bible I can trust to get words and tenor right, it's likely his. Sometimes those lying scribes are revealed. Hehehe.

I do have Strong's Exhaustive Concordance on one of my shelves, though. You're right, that's always great to have around.
    Did he translate from the Septuagint or from the Hebtrew Bible like a Judaizer ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Ha. Speaking of manna, did you know that fine powder could be wiped with frankincense and made into bread cakes, which the old Septuagint Bible calls bread of the presence? For years theologians have confused themselves because surely the golden calf would have been molten. But nope. White powder. Manna...'shem-an-na' by the Babylonians, 'mfkzt' by the Egyptians, and 'manna' by the Israelites.

Nah,but cool story, bro. There are some scholars who think the mannawas a sticky dew produced by insects in the region the Hebrews werewandering in. Supposedly this dew dries into a sweet bread-likesubstance. So maybe that's what the manna in the Hebrew bible is,IDK.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The Companion Bible, The Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Green's Interlinear Bible are my studying tools and all easy enough to cross-reference and understand much easier.
    Looking at Strong's, it's incomplete: http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/ The Wisdom literature and Tobit isn't there. :'(

Proverbs 4:7
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

John 6:35 (KJV)
    35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You need to study what are the statues, ordinances and law. The blood ordinances and statues were nailed to the cross with Jesus. The law remains the same. This is why Leviticus 11 is not a sin against your soul, but your flesh (Health).
    I'm not sure what statues have to do with it, unless it was considered a sin to tear down venerated statues the way they have been doing in the Confederate states here lately.

Maybe if you were found guilty of knocking down a statue you couldn't have any manna...?
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 07-17-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I'm not sure what statues have to do with it, unless it was considered a sin to tear down venerated statues the way they have been doing in the Confederate states here lately.

Maybe if you were found guilty of knocking down a statue you couldn't have any manna...?
    LOL! I meant ordinances and statutes of the Law.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011