Thread: "Coast to Coast" founder and host Art Bell, dead at 72

Exclamation "Coast to Coast" founder and host Art Bell, dead at 72

Pahrump-based radio host Art Bell dies at 72

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...ll-dies-at-72/

Updated April 14, 2018 - 1:57 am

Longtime radio host Art Bell died Friday at his Pahrump home, the Nye County Sheriff’s Office announced. He was 72.

Bell’s paranormal-themed show, “Coast to Coast AM,” was syndicated on about 500 North American stations in the 1990s before he left the nightly show in 2002. He broadcast the show from Pahrump’s KNYE 95.1 FM, a station he founded.

Bell retired several times in his career, which included a short-lived show on SiriusXM satellite radio in 2013.

Returning to terrestrial radio afterward was not a difficult decision, he told the Pahrump Valley Times in August 2013.

“That’s easy, because I love it,” he said at the time. “It’s my life, and that’s all I have ever done. I went through a lot of family problems, so that interrupted things, and I was overseas for four years, and that certainly interrupted things. I went back into radio because I love it.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought he died about 8 years ago. RIP Art Bell - you were nuts but we loved you.

dayum, my favorite radio host ever. spent many nights working the night shift listening to him; and thousands of miles travelled doing the same.

Radio host dedicated to discussing the paranormal dies of Friday the 13th.

I listened to his crazy show while trucking driving through the night.

Last edited by VIDEODROME; 04-14-2018 at 11:45 AM.

RIP Art Bell .

Hopefully he is now East of the Rockies.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

I really had no idea he was that young , or that he had made a comeback .

I thought he did his best work when he filled in for Phil Hendrie.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I thought he died about 8 years ago. RIP Art Bell - you were nuts but we loved you.
    He did. He did...

I liked this one:

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Bell , a libertarian who voted obama , reminds me in some way of savage and trump . That he could change his mind on any subject from one day to the next .
    Do something Danke

In '91 I think I bought a new S 10 pickup and traded in muh Silverado . It had AM radio and I was running a plant on third shift so I would listen to his show I think on the drive to work ( couple of counties ) .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In '91 I think I bought a new S 10 pickup and traded in muh Silverado . It had AM radio and I was running a plant on third shift so I would listen to his show I think on the drive to work ( couple of counties ) .
    I first listened to him while I was working the tech support 10-6am shift for a little ISP in san diego, with a view of padre's stadium from my side of the strip mall I worked out of and a view of the brothel at the other end of the strip mall. I'd sit out on the balcony/walk way, talking in the sights, smoking cigarettes and answering calls, while Art Bell filled the air in the long minutes between calls.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I first listened to him while I was working the tech support 10-6am shift for a little ISP in san diego, with a view of padre's stadium from my side of the strip mall I worked out of and a view of the brothel at the other end of the strip mall. I'd sit out on the balcony/walk way, talking in the sights, smoking cigarettes and answering calls, while Art Bell filled the air in the long minutes between calls.
    Made me think of this:

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Cops just recently shut down the massage parlor across from the local coin shop in town . I think it was good for business . Sales have slowed last couple weeks .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Radio host Art Bell died of accidental drug overdose

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...drug-overdose/

Updated August 1, 2018 - 4:05 pm
    Longtime Pahrump radio personality Art Bell died of an accidental overdose from a cocktail of prescription drugs, the Clark County coroner’s office said Wednesday.
    Bell died April 13 in a bedroom of his Pahrump home at age 72. The coroner’s office determined he had four prescription medications in his system: the opioid oxycodone, the analgesic hydrocodone, diazepam, often marketed as Valium, and carisoprodol, a muscle-relaxant. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and hypertension contributed to his death, the coroner’s office said.
    The drugs that killed Bell were lawfully prescribed to him, the Nye County Sheriff’s Office said in a video posted to Facebook.
    Bell was known as the late-night host, engineer and producer of the show “Coast to Coast AM.” He specialized in talking about all things weird, including UFOs, alien abductions and crop circles, on his nationally syndicated show to as many as 15 million people nightly. After retiring from hosting full time in 2003, he started his own satellite radio show from his home.
    His work captured the imaginations of long-haul truckers and insomniacs alike during his late-night shows. He was inducted into the Nevada Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame in 2006 and into the National Radio Hall of Fame two years later.
    Bell stepped away from radio for good in 2015, about five months after launching “Midnight in the Desert.”

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I liked this one:

That one was great.