Thread: Just got a call from a church leader asking about Ron Paul

Just got a call from a church leader asking about Ron Paul

This was a local church elder. She wanted to know who it was I supported last presidential election. Of course I said Ron Paul last time and Rand Paul this time. She was curious because she saw something where he was talking about a coming economic marshall law and wanted to talk about that at prayer meeting. I'm sure I can find something. But if someone has some good "America's economy is going to hell in a handbasket and our freedoms will go with them" speeches by Ron Paul please post them here. I'm going to send her some Peter Schiff stuff too.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why not start with the Business Cycle Theory? That way She will understand the whay as well as the how. Personally I refrain from promoting any kind of predictions, unless I know it's a guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Why not start with the Business Cycle Theory? That way She will understand the whay as well as the how. Personally I refrain from promoting any kind of predictions, unless I know it's a guarantee.
    You trying to put her to sleep? LOL. She asked what Ron was predicting, not for a complete seminar on Austrian Economics. I think its a guarantee that if we keep doing what we are doing we will end up in an economic collapse. And our particular church has always taught that one is eventually coming anyway. (And that's because the Bible teaches that there will one day be a one world economic system and that can only come after an economic collapse.) But thanks anyway.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I think this is what she was looking for.

And I guess this is the one you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You trying to put her to sleep? LOL. She asked what Ron was predicting, not for a complete seminar on Austrian Economics. I think its a guarantee that if we keep doing what we are doing we will end up in an economic collapse. And our particular church has always taught that one is eventually coming anyway. (And that's because the Bible teaches that there will one day be a one world economic system and that can only come after an economic collapse.) But thanks anyway.
    Yes, catastrophe predictions are exciting, they are also a great way to lose credibility, particularly if an approximate or specific date is included. I would rather see people learn the why and the how, then perhaps we can avoid it.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

Yes, catastrophe predictions are exciting, they are also a great way to lose credibility, particularly if an approximate or specific date is included. I would rather see people learn the why and the how, then perhaps we can avoid it.
    What about when those predictions come true?

The Amazingly Accurate Predictions of Ron Paul
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCOQYVaxwE

Ron Paul's Words of Warning From 1983 to 2008 (mentions our one-time alliance with Bin laden & Sadam Hussein)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evYwPJUY_cc

Someone predicted this economic collapse A year ago, who?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04B3Wl2qouw

Ron Paul in 1999 - Blasts Clinton on Iraq and Wars, Predicts Terrorist Attack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd8jPKwArsM

This was a local church elder. She wanted to know who it was I supported last presidential election. Of course I said Ron Paul last time and Rand Paul this time. She was curious because she saw something where he was talking about a coming economic marshall law and wanted to talk about that at prayer meeting. I'm sure I can find something. But if someone has some good "America's economy is going to hell in a handbasket and our freedoms will go with them" speeches by Ron Paul please post them here. I'm going to send her some Peter Schiff stuff too.
    I wonder what she saw, or heard.

I just within the past couple days heard Ron in a radio ad for some kind of survival food storage or something like that that included allusions to scenarios where that kind of thing could be needed. It wasn't anything bad, but it was just hawking a product. So I hope that that wasn't the source of her first impression on him, or, if it was, she gets some better stuff.

Looks like you got some good ones.

Maybe you have, but in case you didn't, please consider the "love your neighbor" angle as well. Perhaps she's got that covered in it's relationship to liberty, I don't know. I don't bring up politics in my own little church group, but when someone else does, I always try to tie in liberty with the freedom to have voluntary, Christ like, one on one relationships with people. If government steps in as a possible distraction or replacement to these relationships, I point it out. Government deters plenty of relationships. Why have icky relationships when you can just collect a check, or let someone else worry about your own safety or education? Print that easy money and destroy relationships.

Not what was asked, but it is an opportunity to promote Christ like behavior to others in your church, while tying it to the message of liberty.

Prayers up that she is drawn closer to God though your liberty educating efforts. It happened that way for me, liberty takes courage, & the more I learned about liberty, the more I had to seek courage from God. Ongoing.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Disaster predictions are also a great way to gain credibility, or have you missed all of the times where Peter Schiff has been announced as the man who predicted the 2008 housing crash? And who said anything about a time prediction? Further it's rather arrogant to answer someone who asks about a video concerning the possibility of a coming financial collapse and martial law with "Here. Watch this video about the business cycle."

The reason people care about whatever it is you want them to care about is that it will either lead to some spectacular good or some spectacular bad. Get people interested in what you are talking about and then you can educate them. Or you can bore them to death. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

Ron Paul's Words of Warning From 1983 to 2008 (mentions our one-time alliance with Bin laden & Sadam Hussein)

^This. And just because a prediction may not come true doesn't mean the person with the message shouldn't give it. The prophet Jonah didn't want to go to Ninevah with God's message of doom and destruction because he was afraid the people of Ninevah might repeat and the disaster be averted and he would be seen as a false prophet. That and he just didn't like the Ninevites.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Looks like you got some good ones.

Maybe you have, but in case you didn't, please consider the "love your neighbor" angle as well. Perhaps she's got that covered in it's relationship to liberty, I don't know. I don't bring up politics in my own little church group, but when someone else does, I always try to tie in liberty with the freedom to have voluntary, Christ like, one on one relationships with people. If government steps in as a possible distraction or replacement to these relationships, I point it out. Government deters plenty of relationships. Why have icky relationships when you can just collect a check, or let someone else worry about your own safety or education? Print that easy money and destroy relationships.

Not what was asked, but it is an opportunity to promote Christ like behavior to others in your church, while tying it to the message of liberty.

Prayers up that she is drawn closer to God though your liberty educating efforts. It happened that way for me, liberty takes courage, & the more I learned about liberty, the more I had to seek courage from God. Ongoing.
    Oh she's already on board with "love your neighbor" and is antiwar.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I wonder what she saw, or heard.

I just within the past couple days heard Ron in a radio ad for some kind of survival food storage or something like that that included allusions to scenarios where that kind of thing could be needed. It wasn't anything bad, but it was just hawking a product. So I hope that that wasn't the source of her first impression on him, or, if it was, she gets some better stuff.
    Good point. I hope I didn't send her that one.

Disaster predictions are also a great way to gain credibility, or have you missed all of the times where Peter Schiff has been announced as the man who predicted the 2008 housing crash?
    No and here is my favorite one,

And who said anything about a time prediction?
    It was inferred in the title of one the videos you posted. "2015", but I don't attribute it to Ron Paul, rather the video creator.

Further it's rather arrogant to answer someone who asks about a video concerning the possibility of a coming financial collapse and martial law with "Here. Watch this video about the business cycle."
    My apologies then, I didn't realize I was being arrogant and I wasn't trying to be confrontational.

The reason people care about whatever it is you want them to care about is that it will either lead to some spectacular good or some spectacular bad. Get people interested in what you are talking about and then you can educate them. Or you can bore them to death. Your choice.
    ok

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

Yes, those are good ones.

Peace.

No and here is my favorite one,
    Cool. So you are familar with the power of the prediction.

It was inferred in the title of one the videos you posted. "2015", but I don't attribute it to Ron Paul, rather the video creator.
    Ummmm...no it wasn't. I didn't post any videos until post #4. You "warned" against timed predictions in post #2. So unless you were able to somehow "predict" the video I was going to post....

My apologies then, I didn't realize I was being arrogant and I wasn't trying to be confrontational.
    Sorry. I wasn't being clear. I'm saying that if I was to take your advice and tell someone that specifically asked me for a video where Ron predicted an economic collapse some video on the business cycle then I would be arrogant. I don't know precisely why she asked for the video. Maybe she's doing an overview of predictions being made about the economy? If so, then what good would a video on the business cycle do her?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 05-10-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Ummmm...no it wasn't. I didn't post any videos until post #4. You "warned" against timed predictions in post #2. So unless you were able to somehow "predict" the video I was going to post....
    I reviewed my posts, I guess I don't see what you see.

Oh well, if nothing else, I helped keep your thread bumped.

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh she's already on board with "love your neighbor" and is antiwar.
    Personally, I find his speech on the Petrodollar and the eventual end of the Dollar hegemony to be one of the most informative speeches he ever gave.
    I prefer it in the written form but:

I reviewed my posts, I guess I don't see what you see.

Oh well, if nothing else, I helped keep your thread bumped.
    LOL. It's all good. Here is the response I got from the elder.

Thanks. This information is so prophecy fulfilling.

What she was looking for is that even people who are not prechers are talking about a possible economic collapse and that there may be martial law. Whether this particular prediction actually happens in the next couple of years is irrelevant for her purposes. As I've often said with anything conspiracy related, the key is "know your audience." Some things that are a turn off to some people are exactly what someone else needs to hear to be convinced of whatever it is you're trying to say. I think that's why Ron Paul's message is itself so varied in presentation even though it's working through the same concepts.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to specsaregood again.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Personally, I find his speech on the Petrodollar and the eventual end of the Dollar hegemony to be one of the most informative speeches he ever gave.
    I prefer it in the written form but:

How depressing - like the JW's ringing your doorbell on a otherwise perfectly nice day...

After reading through all the DJT hate, I've come to a different conclusion:

If she is "saved" and planning to vote, voting for Trump may provide the quickest path
    to the afterlife if he orders all the nukes to light up the skies in the first week in office.
    (Don't tell her why Trump is the best hope to make America go bye bye via WW3,
    just say Trump and walk away; or, just say Clinton and walk away. or, say IDK.)

Per the DJT hate talking points, any of the other candidates will do better at
    delaying the inevitable SHTF event that ends the world as we know it.

She will still die someday anyhow. Probably happen sooner if too many scare
    videos are sent her way. Show some mercy on her...

She was curious because she saw something where he was talking about a coming economic marshall law and wanted to talk about that at prayer meeting.
    Expect to be hearing from AF soon.

May want to mention how the Mormons stock up for a rainy day.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It's a trap!

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/government

Christians should willingly pay their taxes. It's in the Bible, Romans 13:5-7, TLB. "Obey the laws, then, for two reasons: first, to keep from being punished, and second, just because you know you should. Pay your taxes too, for these same two reasons. For government workers need to be paid so that they can keep on doing God's work, serving you. Pay everyone whatever he ought to have: pay your taxes and import duties gladly, obey those over you, and give honor and respect to all those to whom it is due."

Ron Paul of course.

While introducing her to Ron's speeches and writings, it might also be a good idea to introduce her to Judge Andrew Napolitano. He served the bench, had his own program on television (Freedom Watch), and is very down to earth and easy to understand.

The more folks on the side of liberty we can introduce, the better.

http://www.judgenap.com/