Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2024!

4 33.33%
  • No

2 16.67%
  • Not a MEANINGFUL Election anyway...

6 50.00%

Thread: Normalcy Bias - Will We EVER Have Another Election?

Normalcy Bias - Will We EVER Have Another Election?

Think about for a second.

These are NOT "Normal Times". What I think most people are experiencing is NORMALCY BIAS. We are so accustomed to thinking along the lines of "Election" or "we can fix this at the NEXT Election" that we have not considered the idea that there is a strong possibility that we may NEVER have another election. EVER. Why? I think things are gonna get a lot WORSE before they get better. The $#@! at the Capitol Building is just the beginning. Over the next 4 years, things are gonna change SO DRASTICALLY that our minds literally can not cope, and fill in the BLANK UNKNOWNS with our own experience of what has occurred for most of our lives. That is called Bias Projection. And I am just as guilty of this as anyone else.

All this chatter tho of 2024, I think you all need to consider a very strong possibility that this is the LAST ELECTION we will ever see in the USA. EVER.

I so hope I am very very wrong. Please make sure I am wrong about this...
    Last edited by DamianTV; 01-13-2021 at 12:30 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Yup
    I hope you are right.

If we are still around in 4 years, think I ought to post this poll again?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Will there be elections? Yes. Will your votes matter? No.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Will there be elections? Yes. Will your votes matter? No.
    In communist Czechoslovakia, there were elections and they were mandatory. You received a voter book and each communist candidate had a page. In theory you removed those you didn't want. In actuality you placed the book right into the box because if you went into a voting booth you would at the least face an interrogation from the ŠTB (Czechoslovak Secret police). I imagine something similar.

Most likely we'll continue to have elections. They just won't matter anymore.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Yes, there will be future elections. The idea that there will not is a Trumpist fantasy.

Certainly the DNC and the RNC will push for their favored candidates, as they have done for decades. And Third Parties will be minimized, as they have been for a century or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So, status quo, then?

Alright!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They didn't really matter before.

Elections are like windsocks - at best, they reveal the direction in which the wind is blowing, but they do not change it.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Of course we will. I hear this nonsense every 4 years and nothing changes.

Is having elections supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    They didn't really matter before.

Elections are like windsocks - at best, they reveal the direction in which the wind is blowing, but they do not change it.

+ REP

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)