Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Democrats just flipped the House and now they plan to cause trouble

Congress is the legislative branch. Their job is to make law. It is not their role to investigate. Law enforcement is part of the role of the executive branch.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    With investigations and no chance of Donald Trump being removed from office, people will see that as a waste of time.
    Progressives won't. They will be ecstatic with every new nothing burger. If Trump can continue his economic gains to 2020 he will be re-elected.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Progressives won't. They will be ecstatic with every new nothing burger. If Trump can continue his economic gains to 2020 he will be re-elected.
    Oh, people will hope the investigations keep them from passing more awful laws. But they will get them passed anyway.

And if they don't, Trump will make executive orders out of them like the good little tool he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Barring recounts reversing the results we will now see none of our biggest problems get fixed for at least 2 years and anything that does get done will be part of some evil compromise with the Demoncrats.

Civil war just got significantly closer, alternatively we are simply doomed to communism.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Barring recounts reversing the results we will now see none of our biggest problems get fixed for at least 2 years and anything that does get done will be part of some evil compromise with the Demoncrats.

Civil war just got significantly closer, alternatively we are simply doomed to communism.
    17 years until the Social Security Fund runs out. Medicare trust fund evaporates in 8. We're headed into the abyss, which may be a good thing. A chaotic abyss beats being choked to death by the globalists.

Looks like you didn't get the memo, bipartisanship is back.

Trump: "Nancy Pelosi loves this country"

Rumors that Trump would ask GOP House members to vote to elect Pelosi as speaker remain unconfirmed.

Trump: Pelosi 'deserves' to be elected Speaker
    The Hill-5 hours ago
    Wednesday's tweet marked a sudden shift in tone for Trump, who has demonized Pelosi for months as he campaigned for GOP congressional ...

Trump calls Pelosi to congratulate her on House majority
    Washington Post-13 hours ago
    President Trump called House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) late Tuesday night to congratulate her on regaining a Democratic ...

LOL

None of our biggest problems got fixed--or even addressed-- in the last two years. If they had been, this wouldn't have happened.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOL

None of our biggest problems got fixed--or even addressed-- in the last two years. If they had been, this wouldn't have happened.
    Because the RINOs were in the way, now the Demoncrats are in the way.

We had a chance to gain enough seats in the Senate to de-fang the RINOs while keeping the House but that didn't happen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Looks like you didn't get the memo, bipartisanship is back.

Trump: "Nancy Pelosi loves this country"

Rumors that Trump would ask GOP House members to vote to elect Pelosi as speaker remain unconfirmed.

Trump: Pelosi 'deserves' to be elected Speaker
    The Hill-5 hours ago
    Wednesday's tweet marked a sudden shift in tone for Trump, who has demonized Pelosi for months as he campaigned for GOP congressional ...

Trump calls Pelosi to congratulate her on House majority
    Washington Post-13 hours ago
    President Trump called House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) late Tuesday night to congratulate her on regaining a Democratic ...
    Nancy Pelosi is not one of the firebreathers on the issue of DJT's impeachment.
    If she regains her old position, she'll warn him in advance, about any moves...
    The sincere Radicals will want her to not be the next House Speaker, post Ryan!

Because the RINOs were in the way, now the Demoncrats are in the way.

We had a chance to gain enough seats in the Senate to de-fang the RINOs while keeping the House but that didn't happen.
    Didn't you just spend two and a half years spamming us with the news that RINOs are better than overt Democrats? Do we get two more years of being spammed with that same lie?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She sincerely is afraid as to where another POTUS impeachment will take this nation...

Didn't you just spend two and a half years spamming us with the news that RINOs are better than overt Democrats? Do we get two more years of being spammed with that same lie?
    They were, things just got worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They were, things just got worse.
    The American electorate has been playing the lesser evil game you recommend for decades, and things have been getting worse for decades. Are you really suddenly surprised this morning?

Stagnation is the inevitable consequence of blind partisanship. As long as people are more concerned with their team winning than what their team actually does, nobody's feet get held to the fire, and nothing good ever happens.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-07-2018 at 02:13 PM.

You were once quite snarky with me when I went to how badly they all wanted to impeach him.
    You got exasperated with me when I wondered if GOP centrist/rinos might vote with the Democrats
    even if they can't flip the chamber. Please define bad. Bad as in a most total public humiliation for
    DJT as many of his inside circle start to serve time in prison in a manner not unlike Dick Nixon's
    honchos... Or bad in as maybe many of the GOP Senators who arrived in '14 run the risk of leaving
    in 2020? The odds are Nancy Pelosi won't contain her left wing, they will get what they want, soon.

I think once the nation gets a good look at Pelosi as house speaker this will help the GOP.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I think once the nation gets a good look at Pelosi as house speaker this will help the GOP.
    It certainly did last time.

Now if only Americans would get out of the rut. When party A fails, and party B fails, is it not time to try party C? Is that not smarter than going back to a party that already failed spectacularly?

Now if only Americans would get out of the rut. When party A fails, and party B fails, is it not time to try party C? Is that not smarter than going back to a party that already failed spectacularly?
    Logically yes, but in reality no. Thus we swing back and forth, back and forth, from one lesser evil to the other lesser evil. Which is probably the definition of insanity.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Thanks to Stripper Guy, it will take another 30 years before they consider the LP.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Nancy Pelosi is not one of the firebreathers on the issue of DJT's impeachment.
    If she regains her old position, she'll warn him in advance, about any moves...
    The sincere Radicals will want her to not be the next House Speaker, post Ryan!
    Yea she is a moderate Democrat and probably will find a lot in common with moderate Republicans in the WH that sometime try to market themselves as "nationalist".

Civil war just got significantly closer
    I'm so sick of hearing this. Has anyone noticed how the media's been pumping this almost overtly for at least a year? F a civil war. Are they trying to stir up some self-fulfilling prophesy?

At least choose another term other than Civil War
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I'm so sick of hearing this. Has anyone noticed how the media's been pumping this almost overtly for at least a year? F a civil war. Are they trying to stir up some self-fulfilling prophesy?

Civil war is exactly what is coming, two or more different sides will be fighting for control of the country, it is much more accurate to call it a civil war than to refer to the War of Northern Aggression by that term.

What term would you suggest?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Civil war is exactly what is coming, two or more different sides will be fighting for control of the country, it is much more accurate to call it a civil war than to refer to the War of Northern Aggression by that term.

What term would you suggest?
    This whole idea that a bunch of ignorant racist rednecks lost and are sulking is what the civil war has been reduced to. So now when msm pushes this narrative they're painting it with the same brush strokes.

I also don't like it being conjured up so flippantly with no idea as to just what hardships and tragedy a civil war would actually mean.

I'd hate a civil war and I'd hate anyone who got me or anyone I loved in it.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

This whole idea that a bunch of ignorant racist rednecks lost and are sulking is what the civil war has been reduced to. So now when msm pushes this narrative they're painting it with the same brush strokes.

I also don't like it being conjured up so flippantly with no idea as to just what hardships and tragedy a civil war would be actually mean.

I'd hate a civil war and I'd hate anyone who got me or anyone I loved in it.
    I hate the idea as well but the left isn't giving us any choice or accepting any other options, if they lose the political battle they will launch one and if they win we will either be forced to launch one or descend into a communist dark age.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"A kinetic domestic action". KDA for short.

"A kinetic domestic action". KDA for short.

I have doubts that she will actually be Speaker again. She's losing her faculties. There's vids on YT of her repeatedly spouting completely stroked-out gibberish on camera.

Thanks to Stripper Guy, it will take another 30 years before they consider the LP.
    Wait wait hold on. What exactly did MAGA van man have to do with the Libertarian Party?
    Last edited by devil21; 11-07-2018 at 11:34 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Wait wait hold on. What exactly did MAGA van man have to do with the Libertarian Party?
    Not him.

This guy:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not him.

This guy:

No one knows nor cares about that guy. 9000 views on that video in 2.5 years tells you how much anybody cares or even knows about him. Besides, people like that are plants and should be uprooted at the first sign of subversion.

In fact, to answer your question in the other thread about "what would you do"? This is part of that answer. Get rid of the bozos that aren't serious or are obvious plants sent to make the LP look bad. Idiots act like idiots because they get attention by acting like idiots.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    No one knows nor cares about that guy. 9000 views on that video in 2.5 years tells you how much anybody cares or even knows about him. Besides, people like that are plants and should be uprooted at the first sign of subversion.

In fact, to answer your question in the other thread about "what would you do"? This is part of that answer. Get rid of the bozos that aren't serious or are obvious plants sent to make the LP look bad. Idiots act like idiots because they get attention by acting like idiots.
    He is just one example as you yourself admit, the LP has been full of them for quite some time and ordinary people ignore them because of it.

Let me know when you have cleared all of the jackasses out of the LP and made the public understand that it has been reformed so that it is a viable alternative, then we can start dealing with the systemic barriers like "major party" status and plurality voting, that aught to take several decades, until then I'm still waiting for you to explain what our candidates should do if they stop running as Republicans.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12