Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Chosen, From The Beginning Of Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Is your god omniscient? If it is, then he knew everything that would happen in the world before he created it. Why did you worship a god that created evil just for the fun of it that has no purpose in redemption?
    God said: Exodus 3:14 (KJV)

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

God is always in control, however he gives you free will to choose Him or Satan it's just that simple. Too many people make it so hard. God is a loving God and all he wants in return is our love and repentance.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Can you cite one verse that would back up what you say other than heresy?
    Are you seriously asking your husband to provide some sort of rationalization for Sola Fide's dogma? Why would he do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The Book of Job has those answers,, though sola won't read it. It does not fit what he is teaching.

He really does sound like Job's friends.
    Exactly!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Are you seriously asking your husband to provide some sort of rationalization for Sola Fide's dogma? Why would he do that?
    I am asking him to provide verses to his thinking in which I highlighted. Because sadly that is what he believes.

No. You've never proved that "men of renoun" means an immaterial being. And how does an immaterial being have semen to produce a pregnancy?
    Many of us agree with you that the serpent seed theory is false. I certainly do. But that is different than the idea that the "sons of God" written about in Genesis 6:4 were fallen angelic beings who mated with human women, creating the Nephilim. There are many very compelling reasons to believe that is true, and it was the predominant view for the first 4 or 5 centuries, until the Sethite view came about. To answer your question, the Bible is clear that angels have, at times, taken physical form.

Once again, just because we can't completely wrap our minds around an idea doesn't make that idea false. It's the same with the free will so-called paradox – just because you can't understand it doesn't mean it is false, it just means that your finite mind cannot comprehend it, at this time.
    Last edited by lilymc; 01-21-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

The Book of Job has those answers,, though sola won't read it. It does not fit what he is teaching.

He really does sound like Job's friends.
    Exactly... at first glance, it appears cruel that God would allow Satan to do what he did to Job. But again, God allowed it to prove a point.

Perhaps our present situation is also to prove a point. Not just to Satan, but perhaps to all who would question the sovereignty of God.

Now if one believes in predestination, God would already know how Job was going to react, but wouldn't that be cheating?.

Sure looks to me like God gave Job the ability to decide for himself how he would react to the situation and was confident, Job would make the appropriate decisions.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 01-21-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Exactly... at first glance, it appears cruel that God would allow Satan to do what he did to Job. But again, God allowed it to prove a point.
    Allowed to.

And this is the Key point. According to some, God Made satan attack Job.

God allowed satan to attack Job,,, and that in response to the accusations of satan.

Job was blameless before God.

Some take the things God allows,, as things that God does deliberately.. and they Blame God for satan's works.

Job did not blame God.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-21-2018 at 04:37 PM. Reason: ,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Is your god omniscient? If it is, then he knew everything that would happen in the world before he created it. Why did you worship a god that created evil just for the fun of it that has no purpose in redemption?
    My God is certainly omniscient. Why would you worship a God that authored(created) evil at all? We know that God considered all His creation good at its inception (Gen 1-2).

"goodness was given by God, Himself being the cause and beginning of all that is good; evil is nothing else but a departure from goodness, in the manner that darkness is a continuation and opposite of light;…doing evil is not congenital with man but a matter of volition."

Saint John of Damascus
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

CLV Isa 45:7 Former of light and Creator of darkness, Maker of good and Creator of evil. I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by dougj7 View Post
    CLV Isa 45:7 Former of light and Creator of darkness, Maker of good and Creator of evil. I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things.
    If someone turns on a light, are they creating darkness when they turn it off?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Read it in context. The word translated as evil also refers to disaster, calamity, affliction. It is about judgment. Throughout the Old Testament it is clear that God rewards Israel for obedience and punishes Israel for disobedience. Just as good things come from God, 'bad' does at times too, but it is about judgment (or other purposes), not the creation of moral evil in the first place.

"I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.’"

Obviously God doesn't create calamity for no reason... that would be a ridiculous thought. So as always, scripture has to be understood in context and in light of the Bible overall, not cherry picked.
    Last edited by lilymc; 01-21-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Darkness is de facto "made" by the creation of light, as it is simply the absence of light. Likewise. evil is "made" when creation departs from good using its free will.

"goodness was given by God, Himself being the cause and beginning of all that is good; evil is nothing else but a departure from goodness, in the manner that darkness is a continuation and opposite of light;…doing evil is not congenital with man but a matter of volition."

Saint John of Damascus

ETA: see also what lily said^^
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

free will?

CLV Ro 8:20 For to vanity was the creation subjected, not voluntarily, but because of Him Who subjects it, in expectation

CLV Ro 11:32 For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that He should be merciful to all.

free will?

CLV Ro 8:20 For to vanity was the creation subjected, not voluntarily, but because of Him Who subjects it, in expectation

CLV Ro 11:32 For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that He should be merciful to all.
    Neither of those make your case if you're arguing against free will. For example, the whole of Romans 8:18-27 is just Paul explaining how the Spirit aids us through suffering. Contextomy FTW.

I think Romans 1 makes a pretty good case for truth being revealed and people having suppressed truth by their wickedness. That sounds pretty much like choice to me.
    Last edited by euphemia; 01-21-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Neither of those make your case if you're arguing against free will. For example, the whole of Romans 8:18-27 is just Paul explaining how the Spirit aids us through suffering. Contextomy FTW.
    And that section of Romans 11 is about Christians helping non-Christians to know and to choose God.

But I was waiting to see if he had a more entertaining way to twist those verses than even SF's chicanery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

"I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.’"

The Most High God did create all that is. Lucifer is not as he was created.. He rebelled against God.. and became opposed to his creator..

And there was a war in heaven..

and the war is ongoing in our time,

all creation is awaiting the judgement..

Soon.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am asking him to provide verses to his thinking in which I highlighted. Because sadly that is what he believes.
    You need to read that exchange again, because as acptulsa already noted, I was summarizing what I was to understand SOLA believed.

And FFS now they banned Sola, again, so he can't respond.

I didn't bring this war into my home, you did.

I've always believed that salvation could be achieved by confessing your sins, repenting of your sins and accepting Christ as your savior.

Never thought it to be much harder than that.

But with all the arguing and self righteousness and headache, I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

I should have stayed out 20 posts ago, like I said I was going to.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AF, the whole of Scripture is full of God’s grace. He is trustworthy, and he does exactly what he says he will do. If he says he forgives when we put our trust in him, then that is exactly what happens.

SF was a divisive presence here. Please do not let his words cause you to doubt the one in whom you believe.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    AF, the whole of Scripture is full of God’s grace. He is trustworthy, and he does exactly what he says he will do. If he says he forgives when we put our trust in him, then that is exactly what happens.

SF was a divisive presence here. Please do not let his words cause you to doubt the one in whom you believe.
    Well said.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Well said, amen.

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Well said.
    Ha, we posted that at the exact same time.

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Ha, we posted that at the exact same time.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

You guys, we are friends. We love God and practice our faith. We will likely face dividers again. Let’s please keep caring about each other and encourage each other in the faith.
    #NashvilleStrong

You guys, we are friends. We love God and practice our faith. We will likely face dividers again. Let’s please keep caring about each other and encourage each other in the faith.
    That is what I am hopeful for in this area,,
    To explore the truths,, and expose truth to those that may not have heard.. and perhaps dispose of misconceptions.

Sola could not stop lying. and that is not a spirit of truth.

He was a foil,, but not a good one.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Aw, Sola got ban hammered again? Kurwa. Now there's nobody to expose us to the madness of his worldview and theology-and give me practice shooting down his arguments.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ~hugs~ I think we should pray for Sola, too. Poor guy is clearly in desperate need of peace and is definitely not finding it in the faith he's chosen. As it is written, "love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 01-21-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Aw, Sola got ban hammered again? Kurwa. Now there's nobody to expose us to the madness of his worldview and theology-and give me practice shooting down his arguments.
    Still got the druid to keep you sharp,,

as iron sharpens iron,, so does one man his fellow.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Still got the druid to keep you sharp,,

as iron sharpens iron,, so does one man his fellow.
    Hey Pete, I keep forgetting to ask-is your druidism related to the Druze religion by chance? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze I read about it as a catechumen and found it very interesting.

Hey Pete, I keep forgetting to ask-is your druidism related to the Druze religion by chance? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze I read about it as a catechumen and found it very interesting.
    I doubt it.
    I made it up for people that ask me what religion I am.

The druidic part is a reminder that I am dust.

after looking at link,,
    oh heck no

a generic believer,, "Druidic Christian" for those that need a label.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-21-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast