Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTH is going on in Shang Hai?? Locked Down Residents, Screaming From Buildings, On the Verge

WTH is going on in Shanghai?? Locked Down Residents, Screaming From Buildings, On the Verge

WTH is going on in Shanghai?? Locked Down Residents, Screaming From Buildings, On the Verge of Mass Starvation?

Last edited by dannno; 04-11-2022 at 04:25 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From a couple days ago. Good article on the shanghai lockdown

https://jaapgrolleman.com/shanghais-...ll-from-grace/

And that article is from a white person living in Shanghai. And he's barely finding food
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"The man with man bazungas" lol

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Residents have been barred from leaving their homes even for essential items, leaving many warning they are running out of food as shops and delivery services collapse under the pressure and government deliveries of vegetables, meat and eggs struggle to keep up.

"It is true there are some difficulties in ensuring the supply of daily necessities," local official Liu Min conceded on Wednesday.

It comes after a government worker was filmed chasing down a Corgi and beating it to death with a shovel because its owner was infected, in a horrifying video that went viral on Weibo.

The owner had released the dog onto the streets because he could not find anyone to care for it while he was in quarantine, China News Weekly reported.

"We hoped to let him outside and be like a stray dog," he wrote on Weibo.

"We didn't want him to starve to death. As long as he could live it would be okay. We never expected that he would be beaten to death the moment we had left."

The citywide lockdown is indefinite.

"The situation in Shanghai is scary," Michael Smith, North Asia correspondent for The Australian Financial Review, wrote on Twitter.

"Reports of millions struggling to feed themselves, elderly unable to access medicine, videos of small riots breaking out circulating on social media. Many households relying on inadequate government food deliveries. All this to contain a virus the Chinese government claims hasn't killed anyone in the city yet."

He added, "For my family, we had three deliveries that were booked to deliver today: two group purchases of meat/seafood plus one individual purchase of soap and shampoo. All three were cancelled."

Nelson said that on Friday night, several Covid-positive people from his community had been taken to a quarantine centre.

"From what we've heard, they didn't arrive until 2am and the conditions there are awful — no showers, portable toilets only, no hot water, and of course no privacy," he wrote.

China is one of the few nations still persisting with a zero Covid strategy, even though its full vaccination rate is approaching 90 per cent.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/cov...VWYDLMK74F4WY/

$#@! the CCP
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 04-11-2022 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Fuck the CCP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    At least the lockdown is working

$#@! the CCP
    Reported
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Effects on the US economy probably just a side effect of this brave and valiant effort to save lives. Praise Big Brother!

The hairball snarling the flow of trade in Shanghai is growing.

Just as I warned on March 24, this lockdown will have a significant impact. The longer the delays, the greater the impact on U.S. inventories in the coming weeks. We have seen this horror show before and we all know the containers that are currently piling up will eventually make their way to the United States, creating massive congestion.

Besides technology products, furniture and auto parts, there are seasonal items in these containers. American Apparel and Footwear Association CEO Stephen Lamar tells American Shipper this is the traditional time when U.S. retailers import their summer merchandise.

While some retailers may have started bringing in summer items earlier this year after last summer’s congestion, the delays happening now will only hinder the supply chain.
    https://www.freightwaves.com/news/sh...r-supply-chain
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Still waiting for @dannno and @Swordsmyth to explain how sabotaging the ports at Long Beach and Shanghai can further the agenda, but tariffs can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    WTH is going on in Shanghai?? Locked Down Residents, Screaming From Buildings, On the Verge of Mass Starvation?

Even Communist News Network and BSNBC are covering the starving of Shanghai.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...cid=uxbndlbing

I wonder what their angle on this is? Getting people used to the idea that starving people over a bad cold is somehow acceptable?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Still waiting for @dannno and @Swordsmyth to explain how sabotaging the ports at Long Beach and Shanghai can further the agenda, but tariffs can't.
    One of those leads to a well managed strategy of moving manufacturing outside of China, in some cases back to the US, and the other leads to complete disaster.

One of those leads to a well managed strategy of moving manufacturing outside of China, in some cases back to the US, and the other leads to complete disaster.
    If Authoritay doesn't oversee it, it leads to disaster. Why am I not surprised that's your answer?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I'm confused about what the ports of Long Beach and Shanghai have to do with COVID lockdown starvation.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm confused about what the ports of Long Beach and Shanghai have to do with COVID lockdown starvation.
    Shanghai is a major port (and that's an understatement), which I assume is as shut down as the rest of the city.

It is good people are so willingly compliant.

Starvation coming to a city near you. Comply or die? or Comply and die. Your choice.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bet they just don't want people eating them.

"The man with man bazungas" lol

This must be the only picture on the internet where Gates is actually wearing a mask.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Simple.
    Sudden and total things are destructive.
    Gradual things are not.

If I toss you a 200lb barbel and tell you to catch it when you have not been lifting weights it will injure or even kill you.
    If you work your way up to it you will be able to slowly pick it up and lift it over your head easily, you will also be stronger than before and better able to do work or defend yourself.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If Authoritay doesn't oversee it, it leads to disaster. Why am I not surprised that's your answer?
    You don't think authorities are involved in this?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Its a good thing those aren't dogs. Or we'd be starting WWIII to save them.
    - Kim Kardashian

You don't think authorities are involved in this?
    Shutting down the economy is shutting down the economy, regardless of the capital letter you wear next to your name.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Its a good thing those aren't dogs. Or we'd be starting WWIII to save them.
    There’s only one way to contain the madness...

Shanghai is a major port (and that's an understatement), which I assume is as shut down as the rest of the city.
    Yeah...I'm not tracking you. What's happening in Shanghai isn't "sabotage." The Chinese are doing it to themselves...or rather to their own people. And regardless of whether or not the Shanghai lockdown is good for "Merika" it's terrible to see this happening to the Chinese people.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Even Communist News Network and BSNBC are covering the starving of Shanghai.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...cid=uxbndlbing

I wonder what their angle on this is? Getting people used to the idea that starving people over a bad cold is somehow acceptable?
    i think so .
    Do something Danke

Shutting down the economy is shutting down the economy, regardless of the capital letter you wear next to your name.
    Tariffs don't shut it down.
    This does.

That's the whole point.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Simple.
    Gradual things are not.

If I toss you a 200lb barbel and tell you to catch it when you have not been lifting weights it will injure or even kill you.
    If you work your way up to it you will be able to slowly pick it up and lift it over your head easily, you will also be stronger than before and better able to do work or defend yourself.
    Since @acptulsa ignored this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Swordshyll saying enacting tariffs and shutting down ports are doing the same thing in a different way:

Simple.
    Gradual things are not.

Swordshyll saying enacting tariffs and shutting down ports aren't doing the same thing at all:

Tariffs don't shut it down.
    This does.

That's the whole point.
    And the funny thing is, he doesn't even realize he said it. Or, allegedly so, anyway.

Swordshyll saying enacting tariffs and shutting down ports are doing the same thing in a different way:

Swordshyll saying enacting tariffs and shutting down ports aren't doing the same thing at all:

And the funny thing is, he doesn't even realize he said it. Or, allegedly so, anyway.
    Neither one says it is the same thing.

You fail as always.

An instant embargo would be the same thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Shanghai residents fight with police as homes seized for Covid quarantine hubs

Shanghai residents have been fighting with police after officials tried to seize their homes to make space for new Covid quarantine centres

Videos on social media showed people shouting at police holding shields and arrests being made.

In one clip, residents are kneeling in front of hazmat-suit-wearing officials, pleading to not have their apartments transformed into quarantine centres.

“They want to put 1,800 positive patients into our community, where all the residents have tested negative,” one man said. “They beat our residents, our elderly and our women. They don’t even care if we kneel and beg.”

The financial hub is in its third week of lockdown and is recording more than 20,000 Covid infections daily.

The city has built more than 100 makeshift hospitals with at least 160,000 beds and has turned schools and exhibition halls into quarantine centres
    The clashes were sparked after authorities ordered 39 families to move out of their homes so the government could house new cases in the development.

Search results for the name of the apartment complex disappeared from Weibo, a Chinese version of Twitter, by yesterday morning, but the footage could still be found online elsewhere. Thursday’s clashes offer more evidence of the growing anger in Shanghai as Beijing continues its draconian zero-Covid policy.

State media confirmed an official from the Shanghai health bureau killed himself on Wednesday because of the pressure.

https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-41557890.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast