Thread: Immigration helped Trump win in 2016. It could help spell his demise in 2020

Immigration helped Trump win in 2016. It could help spell his demise in 2020

The president campaigned on bold immigration actions, but infighting, confusion and dysfunction have hampered his ability to follow through on those promises.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...isarray-067042

Politico.. should we take any notice of them?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

Politico should remind us just on how many promises has Obama kept when he was in office in the last 8 years? its clear Politico is a huge open doors open bordrs supporter.

Even if he may lose some purists like Ann Coulter, Breitbart , Jeff Sessions etc due to recent flip-flops, there may be many more he gains for 2020:

Indian PM 'endorses Trump for 2020 in breach of diplomatic convention'

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Donald Trump attend the "Howdy, Modi!" rally at NRG Stadium in Houston Sunday. Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images

India's Modi to sleep in Trump's bed in Israel

MH1BGA

US approves more H-1B visas this year
    Oct 14, 2019

• US has approved a higher number of H-1B applications this year
    • 3.89 lakh applications were approved for the fiscal 2019, up from last year's 3.35 lakh
    • In past years, more than 70% of the aggregate H-1B visa applications for new jobs and visa extensions given to those born in India

MUMBAI: The US has approved a higher number of H-1B applications (both for initial visas and visa extensions for continued employment) this year, showing that the demand for these work visas continues unabated. This is a relief to Indians, who are the dominant holders of H-1B visas, especially after processing regulations got more stringent post-2015 .

Temporary relief to Indians in US! Work ban on H-1B visa holders' spouses pushed back till 2020
    A 2015 rule issued by Barack Obama allowed work permits for certain categories of H-4 visa holders (dependent family members - spouse and children - of the H-1B visa holders), who otherwise could not be employed
    September 19, 2019

Ann Coulter is someone who wanted Mitt Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Ann Coulter is someone who wanted Mitt Romney.
    For people who want immigration restriction and that's their biggest issue, Romney would probably have been better at delivering that than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    For people who want immigration restriction and that's their biggest issue, Romney would probably have been better at delivering that than Trump.
    Probably but he would easily lose to Hillary lets not forget that he also someone want borders open and more migration into America.

Probably but he would easily lose to Hillary lets not forget that he also someone want borders open and more migration into America.
    I don't think the second part is true. He's been more consistently for immigration restriction than Trump has, at least since his first POTUS run (not sure about before that). And I highly doubt that he would have lost to Hillary either. The main reason Trump won was because Hillary was such a terrible candidate.

I never supported Romney. But it's understandable that Coulter would, given her focus on immigration restriction.

I don't think the second part is true. He's been more consistently for immigration restriction than Trump has, at least since his first POTUS run (not sure about before that). And I highly doubt that he would have lost to Hillary either. The main reason Trump won was because Hillary was such a terrible candidate.

I never supported Romney. But it's understandable that Coulter would, given her focus on immigration restriction.
    You forget the part where if Hillary had won we would had gone to war with both Iran and Russia in Syria because of she wanted to save her Jihadists, so many idiots seem to forget that part or dont want to know that Hillary is far far the biggest war monger and interventionist on the world stage.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You forget the part where if Hillary had won we would had gone to war with both Iran and Russia in Syria because of she wanted to save her Jihadists, so many idiots seem to forget that part or dont want to know that Hillary is far far the biggest war monger and interventionist on the world stage.
    I'm not forgetting that. And I think Romney would have done that too. And again, he would likely have beaten her and done better against her than Trump did.

But getting us into more wars is not something someone like Ann Coulter cares about. As I said, she's a single-issue anti-immigration voter.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

NO
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Delivering for the deepstate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Delivering for the deepstate.
    Coulter (and for that matter, the Trump base as a whole) doesn't worry one bit about the deep state, and if anything positively support it. They see people who oppose the CIA etc. as America hating hippies. For Trump supporters (not so much for Coulter) it only recently became a problem because they see it as an enemy of their idol. But even then, have you ever heard Hannity talk about it? The guy constantly wants to have his cake and eat it too. He'll complain about the deep state coup and then turn around and say that that's just the bad apples, and 99% of the agents in the alphabet agencies are great patriots.

Coulter (and for that matter, the Trump base as a whole) doesn't worry one bit about the deep state, and if anything positively support it. They see people who oppose the CIA etc. as America hating hippies. For Trump supporters (not so much for Coulter) it only recently became a problem because they see it as an enemy of their idol. But even then, have you ever heard Hannity talk about it? The guy constantly wants to have his cake and eat it too. He'll complain about the deep state coup and then turn around and say that that's just the bad apples, and 99% of the agents in the alphabet agencies are great patriots.
    You know nothing, Trump and his supporters are not the typical Swampublican.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm not forgetting that. And I think Romney would have done that too. And again, he would likely have beaten her and done better against her than Trump did.

But getting us into more wars is not something someone like Ann Coulter cares about. As I said, she's a single-issue anti-immigration voter.
    But getting us into more wars is not something someone like Ann Coulter cares about
    I guess getting America into a Nuclear War with Russia and China is not something that she would care about i see. Or threatening Russia to get out of Syria because of Oil. If anything when Trump said that US troops are still in Syria to protect the oil, his basically there just admixing and exposing the real agenda of the Deep State and Syrian Rebel operations.

Since 2011/2012 under the Obama admin, everything about the Syrian Regime change has being about the oil fields near the Kurdish areas. It has being about exploiting them. Preventing both Iran,Syria, Russia of owning them, even as far to bleed out Syria to make Syria has no oil for their reconstruction.

Lose 2020? LOL no - he's just getting started.

The history books will mark Trump's Presidency as the turning point for a new era of American Greatness.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Some say birther card play also help him win 2016.

Donald Trump On The Issues

• Birtherism
    • I did a good job getting Obama to produce birth certificate. (Sep 2016)
    • 2011: Obama's birth certificate is hiding something. (Sep 2015)
    • Birtherism: demanded that Obama produce birth certificate. (Sep 2015)
    • Stoked Tea Party suspicions about Obama's legitimacy. (Jan 2012)
    • One hour to produce my birth certificate; Obama should too. (Feb 2011)

https://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm
    Can 'diversity is our strength' outreach strategy help him win 2020?

Some say it can.

African Americans Exiting Democratic Party in 'Blexit' Movement

Trump: Need (more) people in US

For the first time, the majority of people under 16 in America are nonwhite and Hispanic

Trump & Democrats Near Agreement on DACA

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL.
    Romney is for open Borders!