Thread: Operation Fast & Furious

Operation Fast & Furious

Another weapon from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agency's controversial Operation Fast and Furious was recently recovered at a Mexican crime scene, CBS News has learned. Congressional investigators say the crime scene was likely where a recent shootout took place between reported Sinaloa drug cartel members and the Mexican military, in which Sinaloa beauty queen Maria Susana Flores Gamez and four others were killed.

According to Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, the Justice Department did not notify Congress of the Fast and Furious firearm recovery in November, even though Grassley has requested an accounting of weapons that surface from the case. During Fast and Furious, ATF allowed more than 2,000 weapons, including giant .50-caliber guns, to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels and other criminals. Other so-called "gunwalking" operations by ATF let hundreds more guns hit the street. Most of them have never been recovered.

The latest known recovery is a Romanian AK-47-type WASR-10 rifle. It was picked up at a crime scene Nov. 23 in Ciudad Guamuchil, Sinaloa, Mexico. That's the same area and weekend of the shootout involving Flores Gamez's death. A trace report shows the rifle was purchased by Uriel Patino, the Fast and Furious suspect who allegedly bought more than 700 weapons while under ATF's watch. Records show Patino bought the rifle and nine other semi-automatic rifles at an Arizona gun shop March 16, 2010.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_16...n-crime-scene/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who in Washington, DC (or the rest of the USA) cares about a bunch of dead Mexicans? That is why Fast & Furious seemed like such a good plan to the DoJ.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Eric Holder should be impeached!

Where's the trial? Has anyone been held accountable?

Never mind, its government.

At the very least, please dissolve the BATFE - its a redundant department that will not be missed.

Never mind, its government.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Why wasn't Obama impeached for that?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I continue to be confused by fixation upon Obama, Hillary, and their various related underlings. It's not 2013 anymore. It's never going to be 2013 again. The fact that Cruz plainly states his desire to litigate the past indicates that he has nothing to say about the present or the future.

Because he played ball with China and the CIA.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You'd have to ask the House Republicans, who held a huge majority in 2012.

It's not too late, though! Send a message to Ted Cruz about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You'd have to ask the House Republicans, who held a huge majority in 2012.

It's not too late, though! Send a message to Ted Cruz about it.
    Can still lock them up though.
    They aren't political rivals.

Neither is sniffer Joe.
    He hasn't even won a primary, and is hardly a front runner after his eye popped and his teeth fell out of his rotting head.

Why does a swamp smell like sewer gas?

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Can still lock them up though.
    They aren't political rivals.

Neither is sniffer Joe.
    He hasn't even won a primary, and is hardly a front runner after his eye popped and his teeth fell out of his rotting head.
    I'm certainly supportive of putting corrupt politicians in jail.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

EDIT: old news.

But is worth bumping anyway.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 10-22-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The OP was my original login before I got banned over a misunderstanding. I miss having a 2007 start date.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump