Thread: Matt Drudge throws in with Rand Paul, declares him "America's best senator"

Matt Drudge throws in with Rand Paul, declares him "America's best senator"

Perfect timing with Trump declaring war on the Freedom Caucus today.

Intriguing lunch in hill office of America's best senator, Rand Paul. He's bold, brave and has somehow kept his heart in such a corrupt city

[mod edit] screenshot for when he deletes it in a few days
    Last edited by jct74; 03-30-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...would have been a helluva president.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I used to always go to the Drudge report, but I've stopped since it was a constant Trump pump. Is that starting to change now?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I used to always go to the Drudge report, but I've stopped since it was a constant Trump pump. Is that starting to change now?
    Drudge has always been anti-globalist, pro-American renewal. If Trump can't deliver, Drudge is going to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Drudge has always been anti-globalist, pro-American renewal. If Trump can't deliver, Drudge is going to move on.
    Man, you guys are blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Man, you guys are blind.
    You are a clairvoyant.

Too little, too late. IMO.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's coming around?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I think that's awesome.

To be fair, "best senator" is very faint praise.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Too little, too late. IMO.
    At this point, I'll take what I can get. Having arguably the most influential man in right wing media backing Rand and the Freedom Caucus right when Trump is going after them is huge news. But yeah, I don't consider myself a Drudge fan.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Pretty sure Drudge went pro-Trump when Rand was still in the race. But, if he's got buyers remorse then good. I don't think he really gives a $#@!. $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Pretty sure Drudge went pro-Trump when Rand was still in the race. But, if he's got buyers remorse then good. I don't think he really gives a $#@!. $$$$$
    The other day he tweeted "The swamp drains you" buyers remorse is a good bet.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    At this point, I'll take what I can get. Having arguably the most influential man in right wing media backing Rand and the Freedom Caucus right when Trump is going after them is huge news. But yeah, I don't consider myself a Drudge fan.
    Same sentiment.

I went to Drudge's twitter but can only find this tweet about Rand and nothing else. Does he only make tweets one at a time? or?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Same sentiment.

I went to Drudge's twitter but can only find this tweet about Rand and nothing else. Does he only make tweets one at a time? or?
    Yeah, he's weird. Tweets once. Deletes it. Leaves account empty. Tweets again next week or something. People notice his tweets more that way.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-...meeting-2017-3

'We share a strong mutual admiration': Rand Paul praises Matt Drudge after meeting in Washington

The conservative internet-news mogul Matt Drudge met with Republican Sen. Rand Paul in Washington, DC, earlier this week and praised him as "bold" and "brave."

"Intriguing lunch in hill office of America's best senator, Rand Paul," Drudge tweeted on Thursday. "He's bold, brave and has somehow kept his heart in such a corrupt city."

Paul's spokesman returned the compliment.

"Matt Drudge has a phenomenal take on the news and is a leader who others in the business can only hope to emulate," Sergio Gor told Business Insider in a statement. "We enjoyed visiting with him, and we share a strong mutual admiration!"

Drudge has been taking what some have interpreted as subtle shots at President Donald Trump's administration recently through his website and Twitter account.

Drudge is the founder and editor of the Drudge Report, a popular and influential conservative news-aggregation website visited by millions of readers each month.

He has also ripped the Republican establishment as of late, true to what was his form during the presidential election.

In a recent tweet, Drudge contended the GOP "lied about wanting tax cuts."

"Can we get our votes back?" he asked.

Forget subtle shots, if Drudge has a problem with Trump, say it, Drudge isn't a politician.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Hard to blame him when even Ron Paul supporters went hardcore on the Trump train.

Yup, but that works just as well.

We'll never actually convert everybody whose support we need.

This, i.e. people driven by self-interest jumping on the bandwagon, is what victory will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Yup, but that works just as well.

We'll never actually convert everybody whose support we need.

This, i.e. people driven by self-interest jumping on the bandwagon, is what victory will look like.
    It pays to stand with Rand.