Thread: Flight Attendant Comatose After Contracting Measles

Flight Attendant Comatose After Contracting Measles

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...?noredirect=on

121 cases resulting in 8 hospitaizations, including a baby in icu, and a flight attendant in a coma. $#@! every single one of you science-challenged freaks who think that vaccines are more dangerous than the diseases they prevent.

Public health officials in Israel are urging crew members on national air carriers to ensure they have received the proper dosage of the measles vaccine after a flight attendant contracted the deadly disease, possibly in New York.

Officials with Israel’s Ministry of Health said a 43-year-old flight attendant for the national airline El Al had flown back to Israel late last month from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. New York state has been a battleground for concurrent measles outbreaks in Brooklyn and Queens, as well as in Rockland County. However, because of the woman’s “impaired mental status,” officials said it could not be confirmed where or when she contracted the virus.

Eyal Basson, a spokesman for Israel’s Health Ministry, told The Washington Post that the woman, who is believed to have been vaccinated as a child, was admitted to a hospital March 31 and has developed encephalitis, a severe complication from measles that causes the brain to swell. As of Wednesday, Basson said in a statement, the woman was unconscious and in serious condition.
    And before the inevitable autistic screeching begins, yes she was vaccinated. As pointed out about 100 times to people who couldn't be deafer if they tried, the vaccine isn't 100% effective. That's why community immunity is important.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I’m not sure why you care unless you were on the flight and are afraid your vaccinations are not protecting you. Do you not read that this woman was vaccinated? How do you know the person on the flight was unvaccinated? If vaccinated people are getting sick, then clearly it might have been that a vaccinated person contracted the disease in Israel.

I suppose we could quarantine Israel and suspend flights to and from there, including a 10-day quarantine for people who want to travel from there to here.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"43-year-old flight attendant"

she should have left before 35.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I’m not sure why you care unless you were on the flight and are afraid your vaccinations are not protecting you. Do you not read that this woman was vaccinated? How do you know the person on the flight was unvaccinated? If vaccinated people are getting sick, then clearly it might have been that a vaccinated person contracted the disease in Israel.

I suppose we could quarantine Israel and suspend flights to and from there, including a 10-day quarantine for people who want to travel from there to here.
    oy vey!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Sorry angie but your broken record is just plain annoying, there are no anti vax freaks here.
    No one here is anti vax.
    We just don't support mandatory vaccines, yet you play this anti vax , blsht strawman game 24/7 .

: )

Just think of all those flight attendants who stay over night in the various countries they travel to. I'll bet they are spreading diseases like crazy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I care because there are a bunch of morons on this site who insist that vaccines are a dangerous scam, and that getting these diseases isn't a big deal. And as they aggressively seek to grow their cult, predictably these diseases are becoming more common and people are starting to get things like measles and side effects like being in a coma as a result of encephalitis again.

Better to care than not to care.

Not that you're big on science, but the vaccine was invented in the 60's. The woman was vaccinated as a child in the 70's. The recommendation for a second dose didn't come until 1989. which makes it likely that she didn't get it.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-19-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Just think of all those flight attendants who stay over night in the various countries they travel to. I'll bet they are spreading diseases like crazy.
    Is that why everybody now has diseases?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is that why everybody now has diseases?
    I can see how that would contribute to a rise in communicable diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The woman was vaccinated as a child in the 70's. The recommendation for a second dose didn't come until 1989. which makes it likely that she didn't get it.
    Yeah, MMR wears off. Faster in some people. DW has had it 3 times already, as when they have tested her for immunity when changing jobs it hasn't shown as positive. Last time was only 4 years after her previous shot.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yeah, MMR wears off. Faster in some people. DW has had it 3 times already, as when they have tested her for immunity when changing jobs it hasn't shown as positive. Last time was only 4 years after her previous shot.
    its a $hitty product that cant meet their boggus claims

why are some folks defending this dubious snake oil, do they have stock?

Baptiste said.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    its a $hitty product that cant meet their boggus claims

why are some folks defending this dubious snake oil, do they have stock?
    My titers showed that I still had immunity, from the vaccine I took over 2 decades ago, DW doesn't. But its required for her job and smart to have considering her occupation.

Not that you're big on science, but the vaccine was invented in the 60's. The woman was vaccinated as a child in the 70's. The recommendation for a second dose didn't come until 1989. which makes it likely that she didn't get it.
    I’m probably more aware of the science than you are because I am an immunotherapy patient. Please get that straight. And please get it straight that I am not against vaccination. My daughter was vaccinated and her children are vaccinated.

I have also had measles, rubella, chicken pox, and mumps. Many decades ago. I have cared for kids who had them and been around people who had them many times since then. I have never contracted those diseases again.

I do not understand your irrational fear of illness. It makes no sense and it compromises your otherwise very libertarian point of view. Read the article you posted. Authorities have no idea when or where the flight attendant contracted measles.
    #NashvilleStrong

... $#@! every single one of you science-challenged freaks ...

before the inevitable autistic screeching begins, ... people who couldn't be deafer if they tried ...
    there are a bunch of morons on this site ... Not that you're big on science, ....
    Very logical, rational and persuasive.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-20-2019 at 04:29 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Measles is can definitely be dangerous for a very small percentage of the population. So can high frequency vaccine schedules, or certain vaccine additives. Vaccines can also be highly effective lifesaving preventive measures from life threatening diseases, or preventive against less threatening illnesses, or sometimes not so effective at all. Not all vaccines have the same level of effectiveness, or the same additives, or the same level or risk, or target diseases with the same level of risk. The choices of which diseases to vaccinate against, which vaccine to use against those diseases, and how many total vaccines to get, must always belong to the consumer and never government.

This woman either chose or was mandated to get vaccinated but her vaccine did not work. She got measles anyway. The article says she got a fever, went to the hospital and developed meningitis in the hospital. She suffered serious complications after contracting what is otherwise a short lived benign illness for 99%+ of the population.

The issue, however, is not the effectiveness or danger of the vaccine, but voluntary and informed choice. No one should be forced to undergo any vaccination, but everyone should have the right to choose for themselves, their children which vaccines to get. They can weigh the risks form the illness and the risks form the quantities of vaccines and make a choice for themselves. Good products do not need the force of government for people to buy them. This is no different than Obamacare -- Statist control over your body and health and mind and wallet.

To say there is no risk from vaccines is utterly preposterous. The government and CDC itself state there are serious risks including death, and that’s coming from the marketing arm for vaccine industry. Heck the government in partnership with the manufacturers set aside an entire program and separate court just to pay for damages (capped) caused by vaccines, and caps the maximum pain and suffering including death at $250k. Even with the caps, it has still paid billions out for the serious injuries and deaths the Department of HHS determined caused by the vaccines administered.

The bottom line is, we do not need government running healthcare, issuing mandates and that includes vaccines.

Heck if we got government out of the industry, not only would it likely result in more effective vaccines, for more illnesses, but they would become safer, with safer less harmful additives. There likely would not even be a debate on the toxic aluminum compounds in the vaccines because were the industry to cater to consumers directly the toxic aluminum compounds would likely already have been eliminated from the vaccines.

The core issues is free choice, free flow of information, and free markets. That is the core issue liberty minded should be focused on.

The question of effectiveness of vaccines, or the dangers of a particular vaccine, or the dangers to infants of so many in such a short timetable, are all collateral sideshow to the core issue. It is not necessary to argue over how awesome or how dangerous a particular vaccine is, or hos it may affect infants, or even the dangers from high numbers of repeated vaccine schedule. When people have free choice it does not matter what my neighbor chooses. I can choose 100 vaccines and my neighbor may only choose 2. We each accept the risks and choose for ourselves.

The core issues is free choice, free flow of information, and free markets. Get government out of it completely. Freedom is the answer.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-20-2019 at 04:54 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Right up there with Meghan McCain & Jake Tapper:

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Measles is can definitely be dangerous for a very small percentage of the population. So can high frequency vaccine schedules, or certain vaccine additives. Vaccines can also be highly effective lifesaving preventive measures from life threatening diseases, or preventive against less threatening illnesses, or sometimes not so effective at all. Not all vaccines have the same level of effectiveness, or the same additives, or the same level or risk, or target diseases with the same level of risk. The choices of which diseases to vaccinate against, which vaccine to use against those diseases, and how many total vaccines to get, must always belong to the consumer and never government.

This woman either chose or was mandated to get vaccinated but her vaccine did not work. She got measles anyway. The article says she got a fever, went to the hospital and developed meningitis in the hospital. She suffered serious complications after contracting what is otherwise a short lived benign illness for 99%+ of the population.

The issue, however, is not the effectiveness or danger of the vaccine, but voluntary and informed choice. No one should be forced to undergo any vaccination, but everyone should have the right to choose for themselves, their children which vaccines to get. They can weigh the risks form the illness and the risks form the quantities of vaccines and make a choice for themselves. Good products do not need the force of government for people to buy them. This is no different than Obamacare -- Statist control over your body and health and mind and wallet.

To say there is no risk from vaccines is utterly preposterous. The government and CDC itself state there are serious risks including death, and that’s coming from the marketing arm for vaccine industry. Heck the government in partnership with the manufacturers set aside an entire program and separate court just to pay for damages (capped) caused by vaccines, and caps the maximum pain and suffering including death at $250k. Even with the caps, it has still paid billions out for the serious injuries and deaths the Department of HHS determined caused by the vaccines administered.

The bottom line is, we do not need government running healthcare, issuing mandates and that includes vaccines.

Heck if we got government out of the industry, not only would it likely result in more effective vaccines, for more illnesses, but they would become safer, with safer less harmful additives. There likely would not even be a debate on the toxic aluminum compounds in the vaccines because were the industry to cater to consumers directly the toxic aluminum compounds would likely already have been eliminated from the vaccines.

The core issues is free choice, free flow of information, and free markets. That is the core issue liberty minded should be focused on.

The question of effectiveness of vaccines, or the dangers of a particular vaccine, or the dangers to infants of so many in such a short timetable, are all collateral sideshow to the core issue. It is not necessary to argue over how awesome or how dangerous a particular vaccine is, or hos it may affect infants, or even the dangers from high numbers of repeated vaccine schedule. When people have free choice it does not matter what my neighbor chooses. I can choose 100 vaccines and my neighbor may only choose 2. We each accept the risks and choose for ourselves.

The core issues is free choice, free flow of information, and free markets. Get government out of it completely. Freedom is the answer.
    This woman was 'young' , in all likelihood she had been vaccinated at some point.
    When it doesn't even work, they play the 'herd' card, or lie through omission, saying or
    suggesting she'd never been vaxxd.

Oh come on Angela people want safer vaccines and they want better reporting of side effects. Many health care providers don't even know about the vaccine side effects reporting system. VAERS Not until all health care providers start reporting adverse events after vaccine such as children being rushed to the emergency room showing the major known vaccine side effects such as; high fever, high pitched screaming and, seizures within a month of having a vaccine the data can't be complete or properly analyzed. If parents are not asked about when the last vaccine was administered when a child is brought into the emergency room then the hospital ought to be sued for negligence. The controversy is not going away until the objections are properly addressed.

Also if the event does not get reported the victim does not stand a chance in hell of being compensated.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 04-20-2019 at 09:23 AM.

No way. There's way too much risk of vaccines causing autism and/or homosexuality.

I know there's been a few studies that claim to show there's no link between vaccines and autism, but I don't think the link between vaccines and homosexuality has been adequately studied yet.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No way. There's way too much risk of vaccines causing autism and/or homosexuality.

I know there's been a few studies that claim to show there's no link between vaccines and autism, but I don't think the link between vaccines and homosexuality has been adequately studied yet.
    Is there a connection with homosexuality? lol

I had heard about the soy boy connection before.

How do you know the person on the flight was unvaccinated?
    Reread the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    To say there is no risk from vaccines is utterly preposterous.
    Nobody said that. What they do say is that the risk of developing a serious long term side effect as the result of a vaccine is literally infinitesimal compared to the risk odds of having a serious reaction with long term side effect of the disease it helps present.

Math is hard. So is English, I guess.

...toxic aluminum compounds...
    oooh - scary. Speaking of things that are hard, let's not even talk about science.

Nobody said that. What they do say is that the risk of developing a serious long term side effect as the result of a vaccine is literally infinitesimal compared to the risk odds of having a serious reaction with long term side effect of the disease it helps present.

Math is hard. So is English, I guess.

oooh - scary. Speaking of things that are hard, let's not even talk about science.
    Why are you holding me accountable for the exact wording of something I agreed with?

There may be some diseases where the risk from vaccines is less than from the disease but there are some that go the other way.
    There is a conspiracy to hide the facts so we can't do the math.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Oh come on Angela people want safer vaccines and they want better reporting of side effects. Many health care providers don't even know about the vaccine side effects reporting system. VAERS Not until all health care providers start reporting adverse events after vaccine such as children being rushed to the emergency room showing the major known vaccine side effects such as; high fever, high pitched screaming and, seizures within a month of having a vaccine the data can't be complete or properly analyzed. If parents are not asked about when the last vaccine was administered when a child is brought into the emergency room then the hospital ought to be sued for negligence. The controversy is not going away until the objections are properly addressed.

Also if the event does not get reported the victim does not stand a chance in hell of being compensated.
    The pay-offs for vaccine injury are on the tax payer not the vaccine makers. They have absolutely no liability to ensure their vaccines are safe and effective,
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Reread the OP.
    And reread what I said.
    #NashvilleStrong

And reread what I said.
    OK. Was there something in the OP that suggested anything about anyone in any flight being unvaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    OK. Was there something in the OP that suggested anything about anyone in any flight being unvaccinated?
    Exactly. How did the FA get sick? It is assumed she got it from a passenger, but how do they know? The disease has an incubation period that is longer than the flight was.
    #NashvilleStrong