Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's see some real RPF legwork, we used to do this in a day. Help a member in trouble

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you all so very much...

Linda is really hurting right now... god damn I hate this. They give her something for nausea, and she gets a crippling headache. They give her something for the headache and it givers her nausea.

Sorry I don't post updates often, but I had to take a month off work and take over the house, homeschooling, everything. Our world is upsidedown, but you all have made my baby smile. She thanks you from the bottom of her heart for all you have given.

-Jim
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Is she open to ingesting cannabis?... might find a bit of relief... just a thought.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Is she open to ingesting cannabis?... might find a bit of relief... just a thought.
    Feds would prob SWAT their house, this is their favorite website to spook. Good idea though.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is my listing on eBay for 2 of the 2012 Ron Paul Action figures. 100% of the sale will go to the GoFundMe. If you win, you can pay via eBay, paypal, or whatever.... or you can just provide proof you made the payment to the Go Fund Me account and I'll ship.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142645491614

Ebay rules prohibit me from saying this is for a fundraiser in the ad, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Thank you all so very much...

Linda is really hurting right now... god damn I hate this. They give her something for nausea, and she gets a crippling headache. They give her something for the headache and it givers her nausea.

Sorry I don't post updates often, but I had to take a month off work and take over the house, homeschooling, everything. Our world is upsidedown, but you all have made my baby smile. She thanks you from the bottom of her heart for all you have given.

-Jim

Jim,

Sorry to hear what has happened. I've had a few family members with cancer and terminal illnesses. I will post some things that I hope will be useful.

Our current situation is caring for our 21+ year dog with bone and lung cancer. I know that is not the same thing as a human, but I found some commonality with people I've known. We are using this somewhat odd combination of drugs and natural remedies. It's not really to save him, but make him as comfortable as possible. Again, this is different from your situation, but the nausea thing you wrote about struck me.

Our dog is on three pain medications. The last one we got is fairly strong (not the strongest though). The thing that differs from humans is, of course, that dogs can't talk. We did however, determine that his stomach was upset. We can tell by listening to it and the way he acts. My wife made some ginger tea and fed it to him. He actually likes it, so that make it easier. That seemed to calm his stomach. Not sure if that will help your wife since these drugs are so powerful, but maybe it's worth a try. I have had some success with it in other situations. My wife likes to boil it and let it steep. I don't like boiling because I prefer the raw state. I use a carrot grater and squeeze the juice out with my hands. Again, not sure it will work, but maybe worth a try. We find it in the grocery produce section for $3.49 per lb. You can add lemon and raw honey to it.

Appetite can be a real problem with cancer. I find neutral and raw foods sometimes help. Bee pollen is fairly nutritionally substantial and has a fairly neutral taste. Juicing can help. Vegetables are basically water and fiber, and you're just separating the fiber from the water. We have a pretty decent Ninja food processor. I will process, for example, a couple of cucumbers. Pour that in a glass. You can see the fiber rise to the top, with the juice below it. I then strain it out several times, removing and discarding the fiber. What's left is the green juice. It's mostly has a neutral taste, although some people might not like it. I can sustain for a long time on bee pollen and juice, although my diet is different from most (I never had cancer, but just eat all raw anyway). Again, just throwing out an idea.

Never throw away pills, such pain medication. Freeze anything you have left over because it can come in handy later. I was so glad to have a few items in our freezer, left over from a dental procedure and my wife's surgery. These doctors and vets can be quite conservative with drugs dosages. Their stinginess can be maddening. You often have to press them. Our dog was so miserable for a few days until I convinced the vet to up the dosage. I was glad to have some freezer stash in the meantime. I also used to use some of this stuff as a kid, so I know I can load them up beyond the recommended dosage. I, of course, would not recommend that unless you are sure or figure it's worth it.

Medical bills. There is more leeway than people sometimes know. You can really negotiate. For example, my wife is paying $10 per month on a $3500 medical bill. If you do the math, then you will see that it will take almost thirty years to pay that off. It sounds ridiculous, but these medical billers would rather get something than to be stiffed. Same deal with my father-in-law. He had a long term illness (2 years) before he died. He was in the Philippines (my wife is from there) and he had no insurance. We racked up a fairly good credit card bill. We're paying $100 per month on it, which will, again, take forever to pay off. That is the main reason why they made us an offer to settle for 1/3 the principal amount. That's not a bad offer because it will save us a substantial amount. I ruined my credit on that one, but really don't care because I have the luxury of no longer needing credit. In fact, once we pay this 1/3, I will probably stockpile credit cards for a rainy day. I never pay interest on a credit card and have no intention of paying interest here.

We're also in the process of bringing my mother-in-law over to the US. She might have cancer and is waiting for the result. It's difficult because you have to show you have the resources to care for someone so they don't become a public charge. We are fortunate enough to be resourceful enough, but it can be a stretch.

I guess you already know as a liberty minded person to not rely on government. Or even other institutions too much. For example, the hospital staff where my father in law stayed was cheap with the oxygen, even though it was a private hospital. They did not turn him enough, which resulted in bed sores. Finally, my wife moved him to a private house we rented, where she and two of her siblings did most of the care. She works in a hospital and her family also medically improvised a lot when she was growing up, so she was able to do a lot of this herself. I remember her saying how she spent a crapload of money just buying gauze alone from the drug store.

And yeah, I know how you hate it. Our life has been chaotic with our dog. It was chaotic in other situations. I really don't know why life has to be so cruel sometimes. Don't know if you're religious, but I was really literally cursing God out loud last week. My wife really got mad with that one (ha ha) and told me I better apologize. Well, I have that one to work out. Anyhow, you might get some good advice in the religion forum. Lots of people here with good perspective. Maybe some other places to check out too.

So, I hope this was not all stuff you already knew or is common sense anyway or maybe stuff you disagree with. I know it's a cliche to say it helps to know others go through this, but it sometimes helps me. Either way, hope you can pull something out that might be useful.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 01-06-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This is my listing on eBay for 2 of the 2012 Ron Paul Action figures. 100% of the sale will go to the GoFundMe. If you win, you can pay via eBay, paypal, or whatever.... or you can just provide proof you made the payment to the Go Fund Me account and I'll ship.

Done...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    The doctors we picked are so badass they brought it up themselves and prescribed Marinol cannibus oil... so far it’s really helping her with nausea, headaches, and anxiety.

Yeah $#@! Jeff Sessions btw
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Feds would prob SWAT their house, this is their favorite website to spook. Good idea though.
    Docs thought she was perfect candidate for Marinol cannibus oil... she’s been on it twice daily for three days... feds can suck it

- Diogenes of Sinope

A RPF member who I won't disclose is sending $100 your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A RPF member who I won't disclose is sending $100 your way.

Republicanguy?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Done...
    I keep trying to out bid you but keep failing. Do you have some kind of automatic built in increase set up?
    "The Patriarch"

With all the bitching about women here lately maybe someone should buy angelatc's book.
    https://www.m.ebay.com/itm/STRANGE-G...196?nav=SEARCH
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    With all the bitching about women here lately maybe someone should buy angelatc's book.
    https://www.m.ebay.com/itm/STRANGE-G...196?nav=SEARCH
    I bet all the RPF's ladies would look good in the blue dress .

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So @oyarde you gave this thread 5 stars. Did you contribute?
    I am just in for another 20 .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

How is much can he get for 20 beads? Are they rare ones or something?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How is much can he get for 20 beads? Are they rare ones or something?
    I used my credit card thingy so I guess it is electronic FRN's . I gave all of my rare beads to a five yr old grand daughter and she wears them . She is an excellent shot with a bow .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-10-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    The doctors we picked are so badass they brought it up themselves and prescribed Marinol cannibus oil... so far it’s really helping her with nausea, headaches, and anxiety.

Yeah $#@! Jeff Sessions btw
    Get some legal CBDs to take with the marinol.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Republicanguy?
    ZippyJuan?

The Count?

CPUD?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woo Hooo! or is that Wahoo! ?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Woo Hooo! or is that Wahoo! ?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I used my credit card thingy so I guess it ie electronic FRN's . I gave all of my rare beads to a five yr old grand daughter and she wears them . She is an excellent shot with a bow .

Lots of beads on sale.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I keep trying to out bid you but keep failing. Do you have some kind of automatic built in increase set up?
    Proxy bidding. He entered the max amount he wants to pay, and eBay bids on his behalf.

Proxy bidding. He entered the max amount he wants to pay, and eBay bids on his behalf.
    Yup...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Yup...
    Here's the receipt.

It will go out Tuesday, because Monday is a holiday. I had them packed....but a funny thing happened. The batteries in the units are dead, and they're practically impossible to replace without damaging the body. I have extra voice boxes so took some batteries out of some watches we have here, and tossed it in the box. I put my coat on and started hearing some noise Thought maybe husband was watching video, but when I picked up the box i realized it was ol' Ron. I toyed with the idea of letting him drive the postal workers nuts, but some customers came in so I missed the noon cut-off. I'll put a voice box that works properly in the meantime.

Thank you @angelatc for offering a second chance offer at another pair and donating the proceeds.
    "The Patriarch"

Thank you @angelatc for offering a second chance offer at another pair and donating the proceeds.
    I used to have a whole set of dishes like the coffee cups & saucers Angela has on there . My Grandmother gave them to me .

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, thank you! Jan and Feb are the months when I'm long inventory and short cash. Totally happy that you can help me help them.

Second "receipt" - Originalist accepted a "Second Chance" offer so he rocks too! Sadly I didn't have enough batteries to send you a working voice unit, but I threw a couple in the box. If you decide to get batteries and neither one works, let me know and I'll send another. I haven't had any NOT work yet but just in case....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast