Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

New potatoes and broccoli w/ cheddar and cold leftover ribeye..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right now I'm making spaghetti with marinara sauce and lentil 'meat'balls. (My first time trying to make vegan meatballs so we'll see how that goes.) I'll probably also make a mixed salad with homemade dressing.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Making this right now

Made this (below) yesterday and it turned out very well.

Bread pudding made with stale Krispy Kreme donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I think, beer, maybe some food or tequila to follow it up.

We went out to eat and I had grouped stuffed with crab cakes and topped with lobster bisque. I also filled up on wine before my food came and Mr Animal ate most of it. It was good, though. Now, I'm a little drunk and the last I saw of Mr A, he was eating the KK bread pudding right out of the pan. I dunno how that man eats so much. We planned on swimming when we got home but it's storming. Rain doesn't bother me (it doesn't bother me to get wet in the pool) but I don't even like being near the pool when it's sparky outside.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Red beans and sausage over saffron rice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3523.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	495.3 KB 
ID:	5768

Meat. Mr Animal took me to a Brazilian steak house for dinner and I had meat on a stick. I couldn't stop talking about how much I enjoyed meat on a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Alaskan cod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3539.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	578.0 KB 
ID:	5769
    Your plating on some of these dishes look absolutely amazing. It could taste awful and I would still eat it. I tend to eat with my eyes first before my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Meat. Mr Animal took me to a Brazilian steak house for dinner and I had meat on a stick. I couldn't stop talking about how much I enjoyed meat on a stick.

Last edited by Danke; 06-22-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I dunno. My son just asked me the same thing and I pointed at the 10 Krispy Kreme donuts on the table. I had a KK emergency this morning and went and bought a dozen hot and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Your plating on some of these dishes look absolutely amazing. It could taste awful and I would still eat it. I tend to eat with my eyes first before my mouth
    Thank you..this turned out pretty good. I really wanted halibut, but it was $17 a lb!

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't have anything planned for dinner so when MamaAnimal called and asked us out, we went. She wanted to go to a little local Italian joint that has great food but it seems like the woman can't enjoy herself. It's like she's not happy unless she has something to bitch about and we ended up getting into a fight. Of course I'm the $#@! because I asked her to quit bitching.

Waiter brings salads and my son and my stepfather ask for more dressing. He happily brings more dressing. My mom was well into her salad and right after he walks off, she starts complaining that she didn't get enough dressing. She could've asked for it - twice. Then he brings the entrees and asks what we need - I ask for red pepper flakes. Comes back and asks again. Everything's fine. As soon as he walks off, she starts bitching about how they never bring enough napkins. *sigh* I got sick of it and told her that maybe instead of bitching, she should just ask for stuff she wants and that's when she started in on me for being rude to her and she dramatically ran off to the bathroom. *grrrrr*

Just finished off a bowl of toasted oats with a slightly over ripe peach sliced up in it.
    "The Patriarch"

Not sure what's for dinner, laid on my ass all day. It was sheer bliss.
    "The Patriarch"

We had leftovers........

Boys made themselves stir-fry/ gumbo burritos.....[blech!]

I had the last piece of lasagna.

Had the $10 special at Chili's...baby back ribs, salad, corn, dessert.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Turkey and provolone sandwich

Pittsberg style T-Bones.

Last edited by phill4paul; 06-24-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And not only that, she takes good photos of food. That's not easy AND restaurants pay food photographers a lot of money.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet-n-spicy pork chops with fries.

Yummy slow cooker lemon garlic chicken with creamy pesto spaghetti.

(Literally chicken breasts cooked on low for 6 hours in water,garlic,lemon juice and butter...with lemon pepper and salt...so tender)
    Last edited by Carlybee; 06-26-2017 at 03:57 PM.

And not only that, she takes good photos of food. That's not easy AND restaurants pay food photographers a lot of money.
    Thank you!

Thank you!
    You're welcome. It was a well deserved compliment.

Yummy slow cooker lemon garlic chicken with creamy pesto spaghetti.

(Literally chicken breasts cooked on low for 6 hours in water,garlic,lemon juice and butter...with lemon pepper and salt...so tender)
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Since Mr Animal is still trying to make meatless Mondays happen, I made a salad. When he called and complained, I threw him a potato in the oven. Why do we have to have a "night" for something? It bugs me.

Since Mr Animal is still trying to make meatless Mondays happen, I made a salad. When he called and complained, I threw him a potato in the oven. Why do we have to have a "night" for something? It bugs me.
    My mom was always able to do the "nights." I think it made shopping and preparing easier for her. The DW and I can't seem to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    My mom was always able to do the "nights." I think it made shopping and preparing easier for her. The DW and I can't seem to do it.
    In some ways it does and we have other nights - we go out to eat every Thursday but that's not restrictive. He asks for a vegan meal but he can't get filled up on them and then he ends up bellyaching and snacking all night.

I generally keep a variety of meats/fish/seafood in the freezer and just buy the produce I want for the week. I pull out the meat the night before and dinner is ready in a jiffy. It's usually something grilled and a salad. Sometimes Mr A makes requests but he knows he has to tell me the day before.

In some ways it does and we have other nights - we go out to eat every Thursday but that's not restrictive. He asks for a vegan meal but he can't get filled up on them and then he ends up bellyaching and snacking all night.

I generally keep a variety of meats/fish/seafood in the freezer and just buy the produce I want for the week. I pull out the meat the night before and dinner is ready in a jiffy. It's usually something grilled and a salad. Sometimes Mr A makes requests but he knows he has to tell me the day before.
    Wed. with mom were Tacos. Really good ones. El Psao use to make thick corn shells that she fried and then folded in paper towels. For some reason they were kinda soft but warm. Awesome. Can't buy them now. Wed. was psssgheti night. Every other Mon. Kielbasa, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Dad always grilled on Sat. nights.

I rarely freeze any meats except the ground beef from the farmer's market when they run their 10# sale, and some venison.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-26-2017 at 05:30 PM.

I actually didn't take any this time..still turned out good..filling.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast