Thread: What IF Citizens Really Understood the U.S. Constitution?

What IF Citizens Really Understood the U.S. Constitution?

What IF Citizens Really Understood the U.S. Constitution?

Activist Post
    March 18th, 2014

By Catherine J. Frompovich

The Internet is rife with all sorts of blogs and sites that talk about cooking, health, politics, and even conspiracy theories, which seem to have become common buzz-words these days. What many Internet surfers apparently may not be aware of is that many sites promote what’s called ‘bum dope’ regarding the interpretation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Mark Dice, a political activist and author, produces sham public opinion polls soliciting signatures on bogus petitions in order to take a read on the pulse of just how little U.S. citizens really know the U.S. Constitution. A classic example of people not knowing what the Constitution and Bill of Rights are about can be seen here.

What is apparent in that video, I think, is that people probably are concerned when they hear frightening issues about freedom and basic rights being presented, but also don’t realize that they are not informed or, perhaps, don’t care enough to make cogent statements or decisions regarding the political health of the current situation in the USA. That truly is a shame!

Probably, we have no one to blame but ourselves, especially since we allowed civics classes to evaporate from the grade school curriculum. I remember as a kid in grammar school, I couldn’t understand why we had to study CIVICS, but we did. I am ever grateful that we had to. Why? Because from an early age I learned to respect the founding documents of our country; what they meant as a template of liberty and independence to others seeking freedom from oppression; and that I had an integral part to play in the role of being a U.S. citizen and how governance was supposed to work. Those lessons I have not been forgotten and, today, seem to be at odds with what I think is going on now.

Currently, we are governed with what’s become a corporate takeover of government by vested interests deciding what’s constitutional that negatively affects the economy, the workplace, education, research, the military, and every aspect of society, commerce, and culture. The puzzling aspect of that string of what some consider constitutional offenses is that many U.S. citizens probably don’t give a tinker’s damn! [1]

If that’s the case, we can remedy that rather easily and at no financial costs. Here’s how: Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, Michigan, offers FREE online Constitution courses that will educate, update, and engage participants about how the U.S. Constitution is a LIVING document, not something that is archaic and needs to be abandoned for something like a new world order, one world order, or the UN’s Agenda 21. Here is the website to register for a free online U.S. Constitution course at Hillsdale College.

To become familiar with Agenda 21, perhaps readers would like to listen to the “Agenda 21 for Dummies” YouTube:

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That just might require more than a two day exposure in 8th grade Social Studies class.

What IF citizens really understood Lysander Spooner?
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

They just need to understand the preamble. Then they will know "The People" mentioned is not us, it is the States. Lines on paper are sovereign according to that thing.
    Is that anything but insane ? Anyone not suffering from the same delusion will be forced to at gun point.

I think it is more important for them to understand the Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I think it is more important for them to understand the Declaration of Independence.
    I wouldn't say more important, but the DOI is definitely important for the kids to know.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I wouldn't say more important, but the DOI is definitely important for the kids to know.
    Well, I think it quite clear today that the anti-federalists were right, and the constitution is a failed experiment. Without the nationalism it brought, we'd likely have experienced a quicker and easier push for small government/no government. While it's interesting to understand some of the principles represented in the constitution, especially in regards to the bill of rights, you find these principles in a purer, more explicit form in the DOI. That is why I personally feel that if we were to choose which to learn first, I'd say the Declaration of Independence. And when I mean learn, I mean learn it with the understanding its authors and signees had.

This^^ Knowing the Constitution makes for interesting trivia, but that's about it. In the real world, it's all irrelevant fluff. (I'm still waiting for someone to take up my Constitutionalist Challenge, btw. Perhaps someone at infowars is interested?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This^^ Knowing the Constitution makes for interesting trivia, but that's about it. In the real world, it's all irrelevant fluff. (I'm still waiting for someone to take up my Constitutionalist Challenge, btw. Perhaps someone at infowars is interested?)
    Showtips@Infowars.com

People would be pissed off that the constitution doesn't allow then welfare, government healthcare or retirement, regulate their food, drugs, money, banks, ect..., that te government cannot protect them from scary things like marijuana and guns with prohibition, and would not allow to the USG to control and dominate the world. The constitution would consequently be ignored, and we would be where we are today.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Lincoln
    And what we have arrived at is a Total Perversion of what made this country great for all people.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Well, I think it quite clear today that the anti-federalists were right, and the constitution is a failed experiment. Without the nationalism it brought, we'd likely have experienced a quicker and easier push for small government/no government. While it's interesting to understand some of the principles represented in the constitution, especially in regards to the bill of rights, you find these principles in a purer, more explicit form in the DOI. That is why I personally feel that if we were to choose which to learn first, I'd say the Declaration of Independence. And when I mean learn, I mean learn it with the understanding its authors and signees had.
    I agree.

I believe the Declaration to be THE most important document in American history.
    There is no spoon.

if the People understood the Constitution this would happen quite a bit:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Might be asking too much. It appears Americans here are unable to understand that the purpose of free speech is to assure information vital to survival is shared and understood. Or, they might be too afraid in this social setting.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Of-Free-Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    What IF citizens really understood Lysander Spooner?
    Then we must be talking about an alien society with a tremendously higher average intelligence level.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

After understanding we would need the masses to enforce it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "The masses" aren't permitted to enforce anything..

Their police forces enforce their laws in their courts.

Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    What is this Constitutionalist Challenge you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution (Politically Incorrect Guides) [Paperback]

Kevin R. C. Gutzman

Book Description

Publication Date: June 11, 2007 | ISBN-10: 1596985054 | ISBN-13: 978-1596985056 | Edition: 1st
    The Constitution of the United States created a representative republic marked by federalism and the separation of powers. Yet numerous federal judges--led by the Supreme Court--have used the Constitution as a blank check to substitute their own views on hot-button issues such as abortion, capital punishment, and samesex marriage for perfectly constitutional laws enacted by We the People through our elected representatives.
    Now, The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the Constitution shows that there is very little relationship between the Constitution as ratified by the thirteen original states more than two centuries ago and the "constitutional law" imposed upon us since then. Instead of the system of state-level decision makers and elected officials the Constitution was intended to create, judges have given us a highly centralized system in which bureaucrats and appointed--not elected--officials make most of the important policies.

In The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the Constitution, Professor Kevin Gutzman, who holds advanced degrees in both law and American history:

* explains how the Constitution was understood by the founders who wrote it and the people who ratified it * follows the Supreme Court as it uses the fig leaf of the Constitution to cover its naked usurpation of the rights and powers the Constitution explicitly reserves to the states and to the people * shows how we slid from the Constitution's republican federal government, with its very limited powers, to an unrepublican "judgeocracy" with limitless powers * reveals how huge swaths of American law and society were remade in the wake of Supreme Court rulings * reveals how the Fourteenth Amendment has been twisted to use the Bill of Rights as a check on state power instead of on federal power, as originally intended * exposes the radical inconsistency between "constitutional law" and the rule of law * contends that the judges who receive the most attention in history books are celebrated for acting against the Constitution rather than for it

As Professor Gutzman shows, constitutional law is supposed to apply the Constitution's plain meaning to prevent judges, presidents, and congresses from overstepping their authority. If we want to return to the founding fathers' vision of the Republic, if we want the Constitution enforced in the way it was explained to the people at the time of its ratification, then we have to overcome the "received wisdom" about what constitutional law is. The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the Constitution is an important step in that direction.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 03-20-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Were it so, it would be clear that John Randolph was correct - Power can only be checked by power. There would be active militias all over the country, and tyrants would be either intimidated or shot.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    "The masses" aren't permitted to enforce anything..

Their police forces enforce their laws in their courts.

Any questions?
    The masses must agree, then violence is not needed. What can they agree upon?

They all share many of the same instincts. Natural law is comprised of instincts. Social instincts creating civil society begin with the purpose of free speech. Agreement upon its purpose empowers peace and cooperation, organization and unity.

NO ONE QUESTIONS THIS COMPETENTLY But no one agrees, meaning either they are insincere, or suffering from a mental emotional disability. Another possibility is social fear.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Of-Free-Speech

Silence on this fact indicates insincerity or fear. Rejection without reason indicates insincerity. Unreasoned preference for un named alternative actions indicates a mental emotional disability.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    What is this Constitutionalist Challenge you speak of?
    It's to create a coherent legal theory for Constitutionalism. I just now searched for the thread, and it has apparently been deleted by an un-American, fascist person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

No subsidy from the government to buy ma FREEDOM FRIES!!

$#@! DAT CONSTERTUTIONTHINGY!!
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park