Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio - 16 y/o Ma'Khia Bryant Killed By Cop

Ohio - 16 y/o Ma'Khia Bryant Killed By Cop

https://www.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/st...07757799055361
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who said there won’t be riots tonight?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Note that National Propaganda Radio was more than happy to publish a story without all of the facts. An attempt to foment and agitate tonight.

A 16-year-old Black girl was fatally shot by a white officer outside of her home after she called the police for help on Tuesday afternoon, according to her family.

The girl has been identified as Ma'Khia Bryant by her aunt, Hazel Bryant.

Bryant allegedly called officers at about 4:30 p.m. local time when a group of "older kids" threatened her with assault, her aunt told Ohio Statehouse News Bureau Reporter Andy Chow. She did not elaborate on the nature of the threat.

Bryant was taken to a local hospital in critical condition where she was later pronounced dead.
    https://www.npr.org/2021/04/20/98934...ohio-family-sa

Fatal police shooting in Columbus OH

Here we go again ... (apparently, this happened at about the same time as the Chauvin trial verdict was coming in ...)

Bodycam footage shows fatal police shooting of 16-year-old girl in southeast Columbus
    The teen's mother and Franklin County Children Services identified her as Ma’Khia Bryant.
    https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...8-099c105a0f20
    (20 April 2021)

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Columbus Division of Police has released bodycam footage hours after the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old girl on the city’s southeast side by a police officer.

Officers were called to the 3100 block of Legion Lane, north of Chatterton Road, just after 4:30 p.m. for a disturbance.

According to Interim Chief Michael Woods, a caller reported females were trying to stab them. A dispatcher tried to obtain more information but was unable to before the call was disconnected.

The footage released by police came from the first officer on the scene. In the video, the teen appears to attempt to stab two people with a knife before the officer fires his weapon.

Chief Woods said officers immediately assessed her for injuries, called for a medic and began CPR per division policy. During this time, an officer can be heard saying “she came at her with a knife.”

The teen was taken to Mount Carmel East in critical condition where she was later pronounced dead. It’s unclear whether anyone else was injured.

Though police declined to release her name, the teen’s mother identified her as Ma’Khia Bryant.

https://twitter.com/LaceyCrisp/statu...65355046592519

Franklin County Children Services also confirmed Ma’Khia as the teen who was fatally shot. According to Children Services, Ma’Khia was a foster child under their care.

RELATED: 'This never should have happened': Mother of 16-year-old killed in police shooting wants answers

Paula and another family member said Ma’Khia called the police for help because girls were fighting outside her house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdRqXpoRZL4

In a statement tweeted Tuesday evening, Mayor Andrew Ginther said, "a young woman tragically lost her life.”

During the news conference, Ginther said, “We know based on this footage the officer took action to protect another young girl in our community.”

Following the shooting, Member of Mother's of Murdered Columbus Children and others have gathered in the area, one person with a sign reading "enough is enough" and another with "Black kids matter."

A crowd of demonstrators has gathered outside of the Columbus Division of Police's downtown headquarters as well, chanting, "say her name, Ma'Khia Bryant!"

https://twitter.com/richaaron10tv/st...11329165029383

Chief Woods said the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is leading the investigation into the shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja_I51uWGzs

The NAACP of Columbus, Ohio posted this statement on their Twitter page overnight.

https://twitter.com/naacp_columbus/s...20170539696128

WATCH: Columbus police hold press conference after officer shoots, kills 16-year-old girl

WARNING: Graphic body camera video is shown. Viewer discretion is advised.

The Columbus Department of Public Safety held a press conference this evening after a police officer shot and killed 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant Tuesday afternoon.

Officers were called to the 3100 block of Legion Lane, north of Chatterton Road, just after 4:30 p.m. for a disturbance. Bryant's family says she called the police for help because girls were fighting outside her house.

Bryant was taken to Mount Carmel East in critical condition where she was later pronounced dead.

In a statement tweeted Tuesday evening, Mayor Andrew Ginther said "a young woman tragically lost her life" and that there is body camera footage of the incident. Ginther asked for people to "remain calm" and allow investigators to gather the facts.

Read more: https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...8-099c105a0f20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpnibt9RQ2U
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-11-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: replaced tweets with images
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

The flame-fanning hot takes are already coming in ...

... from journalists "media" personalities ...

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...20682198749185

... from Internet randos ...

https://twitter.com/superstarkook/st...52791684214786
    // tweet no longer available

... from "celebrities" ...

https://twitter.com/kathygriffin/sta...14413811277828

... and from ... well, whatever the hell this braying jackass counts as being ...

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/s...06309837234177
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-11-2022 at 10:43 PM. Reason: replaced tweets with images

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Paula Bryant tells me her 16 year-old daughter Ma’Khia Bryant was an honor roll student and a sweet child.
    To all the Paulas of the world if you want to make a positive impact on the first impressions people who don't know your children will have about them by communicating positive things about your children to those strangers, this process of positive communication begins on day one when you choose a name for your child. Like it or not, that name will affect those first impressions immensely, even among people who might consciously resist allowing it to. For crying out loud, choose wisely.

[Dammit Brian you keep killing my posts with these merges/moves. Mine disappear every time, probably a website glitch]

Original message:

The girl in the pink was about to get shanked, judging by the video.

also: the obligatory "where were the parents?"

Mom was obviously there since she called the police, but my guess is her honor student daughter had been hanging with the wrong crowd for a while now, unless this fight just spontaneously broke out, which I think is unlikely.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-21-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    To all the Paulas of the world if you want to make a positive impact on the first impressions people who don't know your children will have about them by communicating positive things about your children to those strangers, this process of positive communication begins on day one when you choose a name for your child. Like it or not, that name will affect those first impressions immensely, even among people who might consciously resist allowing it to. For crying out loud, choose wisely.
    Paula was her foster parent, and they seldom name foster children. Regardless of whether that possum needs to be barked at, I think you've got the wrong tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

... from "celebrities" ...

https://twitter.com/kathygriffin/sta...14413811277828

I tend to agree with this one. While the actions of the girl with the knife were stupid and fatal, shooting at that point might have been premature. If the cop had just let it play out, it’s doubtful any real injuries would have occurred. The cop may have been better off yelling, and maybe grabbing the girl if the opportunity arose.

Or just walking back to his car. IIRC, it has been made clear that the Police do not have the responsibility to protect the property or life of peons. They just have the discretion to shoot anyone they feel is a threat to themselves.

kinda shot into a crowd there chief...

well
    the advice stands:
    dont
    call
    the
    police
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Paula was her foster parent, and they seldom name foster children. Regardless of whether that possum needs to be barked at, I think you've got the wrong tree.
    You may have seen something I haven't. But from what reporting I've read, while it is true that it's claimed that Ma'khia was living in a foster home, her foster parents are not identified, and Paula Bryant is identified as her mother, not her foster mother. If I understood correctly the article where I read this, it was someone else at that foster home that she was fighting with.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 04-21-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I tend to agree with this one. While the actions of the girl with the knife were stupid and fatal, shooting at that point might have been premature. If the cop had just let it play out, it’s doubtful any real injuries would have occurred. The cop may have been better off yelling, and maybe grabbing the girl if the opportunity arose.

Or just walking back to his car. IIRC, it has been made clear that the Police do not have the responsibility to protect the property or life of peons. They just have the discretion to shoot anyone they feel is a threat to themselves.
    I tend to agree with Eric July on this one:

https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status...67998016622598

And contrary to Griffin, whatever one thinks of the wisdom of how the situation was handled, the cop did not shoot "blindly" (and no, "that never happened in [my] school or neighborhood," either).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-11-2022 at 10:46 PM. Reason: replaced tweets with image

I tend to agree with Eric July on this one:

https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status...67998016622598

And contrary to Griffin, whatever one thinks of the wisdom of how the situation was handled, the cop did not shoot "blindly" (and no, "that never happened in [my] school or neighborhood," either).
    Granted, he didn't miss. But I would still submit that if he had not fired, it would have worked out better for everyone, as unrealistic as that may be.

I'm sure that our view of the events is being manipulated in every way, but what a shame it would be if a police officer gets hammered for actually proactively using force to protect others.

That being said, a taser might have been a useful tool for that situation, but that is some armchair quarterbacking on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm sure that our view of the events is being manipulated in every way, but what a shame it would be if a police officer gets hammered for actually proactively using force to protect others.

That being said, a taser might have been a useful tool for that situation, but that is some armchair quarterbacking on my part.
    Most every state has a "defense of another" clause that allows for force to be used against an aggressor to defend another. The only question is whether the level of force used is appropriate for the level of threat. I know that if I'm being chased by someone with a knife who intends on stabbing me and I have a gun I'm shooting the knifer to defend myself without a second thought. Kinda hard to then turn around and say that a third party who is acting in my defense can't do the same.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! cities and the people who live in them.

Reap what you sow.

Whatever side of these issues you fall on.

She had a knife and was attacking someone. Why would anyone except the attacker want it to play out?

Well if people can't riot about Floyd due to the recent verdict, lets get people to riot about this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Stop responding to calls. Disband the police. Isn't that what they wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    She had a knife and was attacking someone. Why would anyone except the attacker want it to play out?
    In reality, she probably wouldn't have inflicted much damage, if at all with that flimsy steak knife. Even if she had sliced the other girl, would that have been as bad as shooting and killing the attacker (in the sense of inflaming the public)? We would never even hear about the story. “Girl slices another girl with knife”. It wouldn’t make the local news.

Cop could have done like the other guy did and just kicked her. Speaking of which, any charges against the adult male kicking a girl while she is down and escalating the mayhem during a knife attack? Did they all wait for the Police to arrive to put on a show?

Now I understand why Police in SF see crimes and fights, shake their heads, get in their car, and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    $#@! cities and the people who live in them.

Reap what you sow.

Whatever side of these issues you fall on.
    Yup. We don’t see these problems in the sticks. But somehow it’s our fault. No matter what.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

‘YOU’RE NEXT’: LeBron James Posts Photo of Columbus Police Officer Present at Ma’Khia Bryant Shooting

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...yant-shooting/

Wendell Husebo 21 Apr 2021

LeBron James tweeted a photo of a police officer who was present when Ma’Khia Bryant was shot, with the caption, “You’re Next.”

The officer has been identified as officer Nicholas Reardon

YOU’RE NEXT ⏳ #ACCOUNTABILITY pic.twitter.com/NnBfz9zdWq

— LeBron James (@KingJames) April 21, 2021

Outrage to the basketball star’s tweet was swift:

Narrative Commitments + Retribution > Facts + Effectual Reforms

This is a recipe for savagery, not #Accountability https://t.co/hx0reKLoaC

— Kmele (@kmele) April 21, 2021

LeBron James is now sharing a picture of the Columbus police officer who shot the woman wielding a knife and attacking another woman.

With zero regard for facts, he’s solely focused on dividing the country. Total scumbag. https://t.co/Ymxk3xeEJs

— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) April 21, 2021

LeBron would have tweeted this same thing if the cop had just sat there while a girl was stabbed https://t.co/W6alv5zT2T

— Chuck Ross (@ChuckRossDC) April 21, 2021

Breitbart News reported of the shooting:

The fatal police shooting of Ma’Khia Bryant, a Black teenager seen on video charging at two people with a knife, came within minutes of the verdict in George Floyd’s killing — causing outrage by some over the continued use of lethal force by Columbus police.

Officials with the Columbus Division of Police released footage of the shooting Tuesday night just hours after it happened, a departure from protocol as the force faces immense scrutiny from the public following a series of recent high-profile police killings that have led to clashes.

The girl was identified by Franklin County Children Services, which said in a release that the 16-year-old Bryant was under the care of the agency at the time of her death.

LeBron James is one of the more outspoken NBA players on social justice issues. The NBA has not said whether James will be disciplined for the tweet.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Yeah, I agree.

Moral of the story: Don't try to stab someone in front of the police. Duh.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In reality, she probably wouldn't have inflicted much damage, if at all with that flimsy steak knife. Even if she had sliced the other girl, would that have been as bad as shooting and killing the attacker (in the sense of inflaming the public)? We would never even hear about the story. “Girl slices another girl with knife”. It wouldn’t make the local news.

Cop could have done like the other guy did and just kicked her. Speaking of which, any charges against the adult male kicking a girl while she is down and escalating the mayhem during a knife attack? Did they all wait for the Police to arrive to put on a show?

Now I understand why Police in SF see crimes and fights, shake their heads, get in their car, and leave.
    um, no. A person with a knife can stab u in around 20’ feet distance before u can drawl your gun. A stab wound to the neck (carotid artery) is death within seconds.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

All law enforcement should just take week off. Walk out. Allow a one week purge and we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    All law enforcement should just take week off. Walk out. Allow a one week purge and we'll see how it goes.
    NYPD did it back in 1971.

They did it a bunch of times up into the 80s.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    NYPD did it back in 1971.

They did it a bunch of times up into the 80s.
    In this case the copshould have waited until she stabbed the other girl. Possible 5-10 times. And then asked her if she was done.

Though police declined to release her name, the teen’s mother identified her as Ma’Khia Bryant.

https://twitter.com/LaceyCrisp/statu...65355046592519
    video shows her angrily stabbing random people and she's a "honor roll student and sweet child" ??

What kind of $#@!ed up schools do these kids go to, where thats their best students wtf
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    In this case the copshould have waited until she stabbed the other girl. Possible 5-10 times. And then asked her if she was done.
    The other girl was black too, so her life also matters. Cop should have found a white person to shoot, to stop the fighting.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast