Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattling tattoos

Exclamation Tattling tattoos

I have tattoos and recommend to people, "do not get them".

They used to make a powerful, bad ass statement about who and what you are.

Now, they are just another prop that Idiot AmeriKa likes to carry around on their collective shoulders and are essentially pointless.

Tattling Tats

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/tattling-tats/

Becky Akers

Here’s another reason, as if you needed one, to eschew tattoos: the FBI and several other bureaucracies are researching software that can identify us based on such markings.

I remain baffled about the popularity of “ink.” What, life isn’t painful enough? Worse, I recently read a novel in which one character, submitting to this barbarism, sees rags—plural—turning red from his blood after the guy wielding the needle wipes the spot he’s tattooing. Good gracious, and you pay for this?

Speaking of which, why is it that the poorer the person is, the more tattoos he sports? Ditto for overweight: the more excess pounds, the more tattoos. Sure, go ahead and call attention to your four chins with that garish and ghastly green snake writhing up your neck; otherwise, we might not notice your extra 300 pounds.

And, as a bonus, ink makes it easier for the police state to identify you. Worth all that money and pain, right?

(Thanks to Mark Luedtke for the link.)

10:35 am on June 6, 2016
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FBI under fire over secret project to recognise people by their TATTOOS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4ApcsC3vr

Electronic Frontier Foundation discovered FBI is building software
    Algorithm has proved to be 90% accurate with identifying and matching
    FBI gave images of inmate tattoos to third-parties, without permission
    Civil rights agency say this technology violates the First Amendment

I, reluctantly, agree. At least mine are all under cover of clothes if I'm wearing a t-shirt.

Any links/tips on removal? I'd go surgical cause its cheap, but wouldn't the scar be just as identifiable?

Meh, If they can identify you by your ink they already have your prints, and as unless you get em on your face they are easy enough to cover up. Plus they have been doing this for ages anyway, they kept records on my ink pre-2000 and I'm nobody special.

They are as pointless as they have ever been, I think your nostalgia is leading you mind here.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    I think your nostalgia is leading you mind here.
    Yes, I know, nostalgia for a lost world, where you could walk down the street and not be under total surveillance.

It wasn't that long ago.

Woot! Now I'm glad I never got that tramp stamp I considered in the 1990's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This is a good point, they are mostly used by law enforcement for identification so it is no wonder that they encourage inmates get tattoos.

My friend used to sneak onto military bases when he was younger with his friends and one time they got caught and they asked them if any of them had tattoos or identifying marks. He decided at that time he would never, ever get a tattoo. Not a bad idea.

I've thrown around a couple of ideas for tattoos, but just never really have seen anything that I would want permanently inscribed on my body.. with the exception maybe of a cannabis plant or leaf, but again that is not something you want a law enforcement officer to see.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But it's so trendy!

Introducing the World’s First Electronic Ink Tattoo
    http://www.emergeinteractive.com/ins...nic-ink-tattoo

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, I know, nostalgia for a lost world, where you could walk down the street and not be under total surveillance.

It wasn't that long ago.
    The "identifying marks" thing has been around for ages, even before widespread use of ink. I do think becoming memorable is a problem but that can be because of any number of things, many of which can't be helped. I'm already pretty screwed with a number of identifying marks on my body and none of them are tattoos.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    The "identifying marks" thing has been around for ages, even before widespread use of ink. I do think becoming memorable is a problem but that can be because of any number of things, many of which can't be helped. I'm already pretty screwed with a number of identifying marks on my body and none of them are tattoos.
    Yes, I am well aware of that.

What is different, what people don't seem to be able to wrap their minds around, is the fact that now, prior to "before", the technology exists to track, identify and monitor in real time, people identified by tattoos.

And just like all the other creepy surveillance technology that Luddites like myself pointlessly rail against, it will be used by law enforcement.

So, my advice, just like using a credit card or posting under your real name on FedBook, is don't make it easy for the $#@!ers, make them work a little bit.

Yes, I am well aware of that.

What is different, what people don't seem to be able to wrap their minds around, is the fact that now, prior to "before", the technology exists to track, identify and monitor in real time, people identified by tattoos.

And just like all the other creepy surveillance technology that Luddites like myself pointlessly rail against, it will be used by law enforcement.

So, my advice, just like using a credit card or posting under your real name on FedBook, is don't make it easy for the $#@!ers, make them work a little bit.
    What I am saying is that someone of my height and build with the configuration of scars, the altered gait, the Clinodactyly and so forth... I could tattoo a giant bar code on my face and it would be no more distinct. I realize it's being done in real time.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    What I am saying is that someone of my height and build with the configuration of scars, the altered gait, the Clinodactyly and so forth... I could tattoo a giant bar code on my face and it would be no more distinct. I realize it's being done in real time.
    And Theye are working on methods to identify and track you based on those metrics as well.

Tattoos are just another data point.

My
    point is: don't pay good money and deface your body for a bunch of wannabe body art that is now about as original and exciting and different and bad ass as a mini van, only to end up having it used by our tormentors to track you.

Of course, none of this has any place in a supposedly "free country".

But ain't nobody got any time for that anymore.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-06-2016 at 07:08 PM.

And Theye are working on methods to identify and track you based on those metrics as well.

My
    point is: don't pay good money and deface your body for a bunch of wannabe body art that is now about as original and exciting and different and bad ass as a mini van, only to end up having it used by our tormentors to track you.

If you are in custody and they have the info to identify you by your tattoo, they have already identified you before. They will know who you are anyway. You are sensationalizing.

And I don't like the implication that tattoos are some wannabe minivan thing for people younger than you. It sounds like maybe you had a bit of the wannabe thing happening when you got yours the way you say back in the day they were a "powerful, bad ass statement about who and what you are"

I never thought that about my ink, it was just hey thats some cool $#@!ing art, not some thing that proved I was a badass or something.

I normally love your posts, but your fear mongering and holier than thou attitude on this topic really irks me.
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 06-06-2016 at 07:52 PM.
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    But it's so trendy!

Introducing the World’s First Electronic Ink Tattoo
    http://www.emergeinteractive.com/ins...nic-ink-tattoo

Thats freakin awesome.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

Mine are all on file. As well as notable scars. My DNA and fingerprints.

Said it before,,,

Welcome to MY world.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And, as a bonus, ink makes it easier for the police state to identify you. Worth all that money and pain, right?
    Dat right dere^ is why I've never had a tatt and don't want one. Tatts are for property-prisoners, soliders, cattle, etc. I've heard of suspects being caught because their tatts were caught on security cam footage and/or observed by witnesses.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-06-2016 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

If you've read this far, thank you! This post was created to inspire readers about what could be possible one day with wearable technology. We've heard from many of you who want to license or use the Electronic Ink technology. While many components of this solution exist today, the subdermal e-ink technology is fictional and does not exist today as far as we know.
    End of article........

[B]And, as a bonus, ink makes it easier for the police state to identify you.
    Nice thinking, good idea! I don't think we can quite swing making it mandatory, but maybe we can incentivize getting tattoos with tax rebates!

At least until face recognition becomes reliable anyway
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I have been looking at some for Danke , please feel free to post Danke Tat ideas.

My

Yeah, I always wanted to get a tattoo that says "Tattoos are stupid"... But I never did.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have been looking at some for Danke , please feel free to post Danke Tat ideas.
    something about HB.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Two thoughts:

1. Over the last 20-something years of allergy treatment, I have had about 5000 shots. I would not do that to myself for recreation or identification.
    2. Gravity happens. What is a butterfly today might look more like a wooly worm in a few years.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Two thoughts:

1. Over the last 20-something years of allergy treatment, I have had about 5000 shots. I would not do that to myself for recreation or identification.
    2. Gravity happens. What is a butterfly today might look more like a wooly worm in a few years.
    I've done the allergy shot treatment before. I gave it up. I don't know if true but use of local honey seems to have helped more than shots ever did. Still does 30 yrs. after I stopped taking shots. I'm not 100% free, but I wasn't even with the shots.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you are in custody and they have the info to identify you by your tattoo, they have already identified you before. They will know who you are anyway. You are sensationalizing.

And I don't like the implication that tattoos are some wannabe minivan thing for people younger than you. It sounds like maybe you had a bit of the wannabe thing happening when you got yours the way you say back in the day they were a "powerful, bad ass statement about who and what you are"

I never thought that about my ink, it was just hey thats some cool $#@!ing art, not some thing that proved I was a badass or something.

I normally love your posts, but your fear mongering and holier than thou attitude on this topic really irks me.
    Meh, can't please everybody.

Had I the chance to see into the future and see what it has become, I'd not have done any of mine.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-06-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Depends. I had a DUI about ten yrs. ago and they asked... "do you have a tattoo? If you do we need to take a picture of it." I told them "No. I was in the Navy and was told that tattoo's lead to HIV from dirty needles." They bought the story but if they hadn't...data based

I always tell younger kids: never get tattoos. The government already tracks us so who cares if they have my tattoos on a database. My biggest thing is that tattoos are a sign of low socio economic status. I don't care about the Doctor, Lawyer, or Physicist you know who has tattoos.
    Tattoos are expensive to remove. I should know I'm in the process of having all of mine removed. It took 5 sessions to remove the tattoo on my forearm. I've had 9 sessions on my shoulder and it is almost completely removed. I've had 3 sessions on my elbow tattoo and it is a long way from being removed. I've noticed the longer I go between treatments the more my tattoos fade out. The first tattoo I had removed I started treatments back in 2006. It took me until 2014 and 5 treatments to have that one removed completely. My shoulder tattoo should be completely removed by the end of this year. My goal with my elbow tattoo is to have it off before I turn 40 which is 3.5 years away.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Depends. ,,, and they asked...
    They didn't ask.

c'est la vie
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They didn't ask.

c'est la vie
    Well, I wasn't felonious. $#@! is what it is.

Focus on the visible tip of the iceberg.

I've been camping on the damn thing.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast