Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump takes Rand golfing to discuss healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    They both prob typed out the tweets that day. Keep crying Hillary fan boy.
    face it Rand made your man his bitch
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Happy they are developing a working relationship.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You're clueless. Rand and Trump had already been talking frequently.

Amash has been unprofessional since the guy he endorsed, Ted Cruz, lost the nomination.
    Right. Because "grab em by the pussy" is soooo professional. Get over your hatred of Ted Cruz and your butt kissing of Trump. Trump didn't just attack Amash. Trump attacked the entire freedom caucus.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    What will Rand cave on?
    Absolutely nothing. Why would Rand cave on anything? TrumpRyanCare had a popularity rating of 17%. On all of the conservative talk shows the Freedom caucus was seen as the heros/winners in this face off with Trump.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I don't know whether Trump just doesn't have the right clue or he is messing around either to stall or completely avoid having to do the right things.

What part of REPEAL does he not understand or like?

If basic medical care were returned to affordability, people would not need "insurance", which isn't insurance at all, but rather the socialization of costs.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I doubt he will cave on anything, Rand has read The Art of the Deal tactics, and knows not to cave when Donald comes to him desperate for a win.
    Interesting observation. But would Trump going to Rand out of desperation be consistent with The Art of the Deal tactics?

I don't know whether Trump just doesn't have the right clue or he is messing around either to stall or completely avoid having to do the right things.

What part of REPEAL does he not understand or like?

If basic medical care were returned to affordability, people would not need "insurance", which isn't insurance at all, but rather the socialization of costs.
    They might need insurance for catastrophic care.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Why would Rand cave on anything?
    Why play golf then? Why embarrass the President?

People saying Rand shouldn't talk to Trump are akin to those that suggest we should not talk to our enemies in Foreign policy. Just bomb em' doesn't work either way.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Interesting observation. But would Trump going to Rand out of desperation be consistent with The Art of the Deal tactics?
    No, that's the interesting part. Donald is getting cucked by his own book.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Rand had a good time and health care is gonna get tackled before tax reform . . . hope they discussed the Ryan "ouster" next move.

Last edited by Jan2017; 04-04-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You're clueless. Rand and Trump had already been talking frequently.

Amash has been unprofessional since the guy he endorsed, Ted Cruz, lost the nomination.

Didn't you used to support liberty? When did the statists buy you out? Amazing you keep popping up insulting real Liberty warriors, shilling for your boy who would have so quickly sold us down the river on healthcare if it wasn't for Rand and Justin cucking him like the little bitch he is. He is never going to build your wall, or keep any of the other promises you sold your soul to the devil for, very sad.

Why play golf then? Why embarrass the President?
    Why would Trump be embarrassed by taking Rand's advice? Trump said before all this started that he liked Rand's healthcare plan. But he decided to go with Ryan. Now, maybe, he's willing to go with Rand's plan. Trump is not an ideologue. He likes to win. Ryan lost. Trump is already embarrassed. If Rand can deliver the goods (a win), then Trump will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Didn't you used to support liberty? When did the statists buy you out? Amazing you keep popping up insulting real Liberty warriors, shilling for your boy who would have so quickly sold us down the river on healthcare if it wasn't for Rand and Justin cucking him like the little bitch he is. He is never going to build your wall, or keep any of the other promises you sold your soul to the devil for, very sad.

It's interesting how quiet the Trumpsters got during the Trump/Freedom Caucus spat. Now that the Freedom Caucus has won they want to go back to taking pot shots at anyone who doesn't bow and scrape to Trump. I kind of expected that, but I didn't expect the attacks from people who used to be staunchly pro liberty against someone like Justin Amash. Sad really.

Amash seems to be more popular in his district than Trump; Amash won 59% of his district while Trump only won 52% of MI-3. Trump is more popular in Kentucky than Rand though (63% vs. 57%).
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

They might need insurance for catastrophic care.
    Fine. I did specify BASIC care. If it is affordable, people don't need socialized commercial programs.

If you feel you want/need extra, just in case, then you are free to acquire it if you can manage. If not. tough $#@!. Life guarantees nothing.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    People saying Rand shouldn't talk to Trump are akin to those that suggest we should not talk to our enemies in Foreign policy. Just bomb em' doesn't work either way.

Yup. Makes no sense whatsoever. It's like yelling "you're a poopy-face" at someone and running away.

This reminds me of a post I saw recently, whether here or elsewhere I cannot recall, that painted Trump as guilty of being one of Themme because he is photo'd in the presence of the Clintons. It is an absurd suggestion that he is blowing Hillary and bending over for Bill because they attend the same social event. Even more absurd are the claims that because they are shaking hands or smiling that Trump is in bed with Satan and her husband. What would they suggest Trump do, curse them out and take out a knife? Hole up in his mansion and never be seen in public?

This special brand of stupidity tends to chap.

This whole healthcare deal is pretty much playing out as I expected. The lobbyists took it on the chin in round one, and now major concessions to the pro-Freedom caucus will be made before the bill passes. Paul Ryan is basically the guy on the fence.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would Trump be embarrassed by taking Rand's advice? Trump said before all this started that he liked Rand's healthcare plan. But he decided to go with Ryan. Now, maybe, he's willing to go with Rand's plan. Trump is not an ideologue. He likes to win. Ryan lost. Trump is already embarrassed. If Rand can deliver the goods (a win), then Trump will be happy.
    I think you are absolutely correct. For Trump its all about winning. He only cares about bragging and holding the trophy. Using that as a focal point for everything he did or will do makes sense. I am still hopeful Rand can pull this off with Obamacare. It would show he can get things done, where other couldn't. This could be Rand's big moment to make a difference.
    Last edited by seapilot; 04-03-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Back in 2012 I predicted this would go down exactly as it has. It is a little bit creepy how accurate I was.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Oh, Rand is playing golf with the orange monster!
    Wow?

Have we stopped killing people overseas?
    Is Hillary in jail?
    Has the huge deficit been reduced?
    Can you start a business without facing thousands of miles of red tape?
    Can we buy old fashioned light bulbs?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

What will Rand cave on?
    Nuttin

He's going to try to get Trump's support for some smaller measure, apart from the main repeal/replace issue, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Amash seems to be more popular in his district than Trump; Amash won 59% of his district while Trump only won 52% of MI-3. Trump is more popular in Kentucky than Rand though (63% vs. 57%).
    Rand's not concerned about reelection.

a. He's probably not going to run again.

b. By 2022, Trump Politics™ will have gone the way of Trump Steaks™.

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 04-03-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Wow?

Is Hillary in jail?
    You mean, we are seventy days into his presidency and he hasn't solved world hunger and ended all wars? There is still corruption in government and the lines at the DMV aren't already shorter?

What a failure!

Forget about the fact that he discusses with Ron Paul's son matters of state, let's humiliate him for not having solved all the problems. He hasn't even cured cancer yet.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Rand Paul had 'great time' golfing with Trump, 'getting closer' on healthcare
    By Paulina Firozi - 04/02/17

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) tweeted that he had a productive meeting with President Trump, after the senator traveled with the president to his golf club in Virginia on Sunday.

"I had a great time today with @realDonaldTrump," Paul tweeted, "and believe we are getting closer to an agreement on health care!"

I had a great time today with @realDonaldTrump and believe we are getting closer to an agreement on health care!
    — Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) April 2, 2017

Paul was spotted with Trump Sunday morning on the way to Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Va., for a round of golf, during which the White House said the pair, along with White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney, would discuss a "variety of topics," including healthcare.

“We had a great day with the president," Paul told the White House press pool upon returning to the White House Sunday afternoon. "Played some golf, and we talked and we talked about a little bit of healthcare. I continue to be very optimistic that we are getting closer and closer to an agreement on repealing ObamaCare."

The president tweeted earlier Sunday that "talks on Repealing and Replacing ObamaCare are, and have been, going on."

Talks on Repealing and Replacing ObamaCare are, and have been, going on, and will continue until such time as a deal is hopefully struck.
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 2, 2017

The Kentucky Republican clashed with the president over the Republicans' initial plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare, which Republican leaders ultimately pulled in defeat before there was a vote. Paul was among the lawmakers adamant that the bill would not have enough support in the House or the Senate.
    More: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...ting-closer-to
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This. Rand said from the beginning that the real negotiation would start after we defeat Tryancare, and now that we did, we have leverage and Trump knows he must come to us. That is also why he threatened freedom caucus (as a bargaining tactic).
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    That is also why he threatened freedom caucus (as a bargaining tactic).
    A horrible and impotent bargaining tactic. No, actually, I think having this fail and then acting all upset about it and mad at those who caused it to fail is great theater for:

Making himself look weak and incompetent.

Which, seriously, he needed. Previous to this, the leftist viewpoint was that Mr. Trump was "literally Hitler." Big, scary, and dictatorial. All that is gone now. Now it's all about how he's incompetent and bumbling. Big step forward. Win for Trump.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right. Because "grab em by the pussy" is soooo professional. Get over your hatred of Ted Cruz and your butt kissing of Trump. Trump didn't just attack Amash. Trump attacked the entire freedom caucus.
    Amash has been nothing but professional, but trumpflakes consider dissenting with their Guilded Progressive to be sacrilege.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    A horrible and impotent bargaining tactic. No, actually, I think having this fail and then acting all upset about it and mad at those who caused it to fail is great theater for:

Making himself look weak and incompetent.

Which, seriously, he needed. Previous to this, the leftist viewpoint was that Mr. Trump was "literally Hitler." Big, scary, and dictatorial. All that is gone now. Now it's all about how he's incompetent and bumbling. Big step forward. Win for Trump.
    That's the point Scott Adams was making in his recent blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Wow?

Is Hillary in jail?
    How do you know he didn't discuss those things? How do you know those conversations might not come about?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Good observation.

Anybody who saw Amash's Town Hall thread a couple months ago should be totally fine with him taking strong opposition to Trump (where appropriate, which can be subjective, but in general he is doing the right thing).
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast